What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (16 Viewers)

Have you guys been following the Danilo Acosta story?  Here is a short version as best I understand it

* born in Honduras

* moved to US early

* represented US at youth levels including making the U20 WC team in 2017

* Decided to switch to Honduras

* Put in his papers to FIFA

* Was approved

* Honduras rostered him for Gold Cup

* Changes his mind and refuses to play for Honduras (the translations is rough but it sounds like he won't sign the FIFA papers)

* oh and he plays LB FWIW 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Laughing
Reactions: Ned
btw... did we cover McKennie not having any after the Gyasi foul and subsequent overreaction?  Loved seeing that.  We've almost never had that sort of bite in the squad.
of the younger generation, he seems to have by far the most "fire in the belly".

Adams is awesome but much of that awesomeness ties to his calmness.  

Having a mix is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Told you guys Zardes was the real deal. I don’t give a crap if he looks like a fool out there if he keeps putting the ball in between the pipes. Guess some guys prefer nicely executed Hammie pulls or ginger molasses 

Told you guys Zardes was the real deal. I don’t give a crap if he looks like a fool out there if he keeps putting the ball in between the pipes. Guess some guys prefer nicely executed Hammie pulls or ginger molasses 
Ginger Molasses...I like that. 

:thumbup:

USMNT Videos‏ @USMNTvideos

Just finished watching FC Dallas' domination vs Toronto FC with a bunch of American teenagers. Incredible stuff. Best thing is that the next generation is already in the pipeline and they're really good too. Great stuff from Luchi and co

Manuel Veth‏ @ManuelVeth

Done deal. Fortuna Düsseldorf will sign #USMNT goalkeeper Zac Steffen on loan from #ManCity. Steffen is supposed to challenge Rensing for the number 1 role at #F95 

Shows what are standards are. Spoiler alert: bad. Allegory: that ugly fat girl ####s. 

Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, Haiti, US and Panama are through to the Gold Cup quarter finals.

Group C is still up in the air with three teams (Jamaica, ELS and Curacao) fighting for the top 2 spots.

I watched most of the Mexico/Martinique game; Mex looks vulnerable on D.  
Even Canada had their moments against Mexico.   

Although to be fair, I think both Martinique and Canada are better than the two teams the US has played so far.

The US and ELS are the only two teams unscored upon so far (ELS only has one goal scored though)

I like the grades for everyone but Pulisic.  I have no idea how his second half is rated exactly the same as the first.  He had T&T on roller skates out there in the second.
haven't had time to read scienceguy's review... but while watching "live" I made a comment in the 2nd half that Boyd was more involved than CP, who had disappeared a bit. that obviously changed as the half progressed, but slightly troubling that he turned it on mostly after T&T ran out of gas. Boyd seemed more consistently involved, IMO.

There is some truth to this

====================

Kim McCauley‏Verified account @lgbtqfc

man if Tata Martino's USMNT conceded 2 goals to Martinique we would be absolutely losing our ####

• Smile
NewlyRetired said:
Even Canada had their moments against Mexico.   

Although to be fair, I think both Martinique and Canada are better than the two teams the US has played so far.

The US and ELS are the only two teams unscored upon so far (ELS only has one goal scored though)
Canada is definitely a team on the rise in Concacaf, along with the balance of power shifting out of Central America, IMO. Honduras is a mess. Costa Rica is old. Panama isn’t really stepping up. 

I know ther is no longer a hex, but if there were, it might look like Mexico, US, Costa Rica (for one more cycle), Canada, Jamaica, and Haiti. 

BassNBrew said:
As long as we can play T&T every game we should be good.

The format is not set yet though right?  

I am scared to think what CONCACAF is going to come up with.   If they really screw things up, we may have seen the end of US vs Mexico qualifying games.
That's pretty much already guaranteed to happen though isn't it?  Once the move to 48 teams happens does a US v Mexico qualifier really mean anything other than pride? 

The Nations League idea(or something similar) at least will make those games mean something(another title to win would rule IMO).

• Smile
That's pretty much already guaranteed to happen though isn't it?  Once the move to 48 teams happens does a US v Mexico qualifier really mean anything other than pride? 
In the future yes.  In 2026 we won't even have qualifying and by 2030, if they keep the 48 teams, then we will never play Mexico again in qualifying.  Pride or not, there is no format that would likely see the US and Mexico in the same final group.

But I am talking about qualifying for 2022, which could still see us play Mexico, depending on what the bright minds in Concacaf dream up.

Bermuda finished up the Gold Cup with an even GD in the group stage, which is miraculous when you consider the size of the nation (65,000 total)

• Smile
Canada is definitely a team on the rise in Concacaf, along with the balance of power shifting out of Central America, IMO. Honduras is a mess. Costa Rica is old. Panama isn’t really stepping up. 

I know ther is no longer a hex, but if there were, it might look like Mexico, US, Costa Rica (for one more cycle), Canada, Jamaica, and Haiti. 
CR lost to Haiti 2-1 last night.  

#### CR :lmao:  

CR lost to Haiti 2-1 last night.  

#### CR :lmao:  
I mentioned it on the soccer thread- at RB arena too. After CRs last miserable visit there, it was really nice to see them lose. That and USs win over W&B feels like the wheel has turned.

• Smile

Users who are viewing this thread