What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (14 Viewers)

Gio is available as a sub again today but the Dortmund bench is getting deeper.

Today he is on the bench with Sancho and Gotze as possible offensive subs.  

Gio is available as a sub again today but the Dortmund bench is getting deeper.

Today he is on the bench with Sancho and Gotze as possible offensive subs.  
Gio's streak remains alive as he subbed in again today (late) as the second player off the bench (Sancho was first)

This coach has no fear to put him in during tight spots.  Dortmund was up 2-1 when he came on in the 83rd minute.

USL continuing to do the lords work

==========

@Watke_

Five 16yo's starting in the Loudoun/Union 2 game: Nyeman, Paredes, Garay, Lundegard, Huckaby

USL continuing to do the lords work

==========

@Watke_

Five 16yo's starting in the Loudoun/Union 2 game: Nyeman, Paredes, Garay, Lundegard, Huckaby
Tim Howard’s Memphis team up 2-0 already 15 minutes in. I’m not watching but I’m sure I’ll check in to see him school these kids  several times this year.

Wow, hats off to Dallas.  This is a huge commitment with so many important players.

========

@Crooke86

Reggie Cannon confirmed his place in the Olympic qualifying roster after the NYC game

Grant Turberville

The local announcers on the MLS broadcast said Cannon, Paxton, and Jesus were all confirmed

Looks like Reyna may have some serious competition as the golden boy.  How does Dortmund keep doing this so many times?

14 year old Youssoufa Moukoko made his under-19 debut today.   And he scored 6 times.......

He was promoted to the U19's after making a mockery of the U17's by scoring 83 times in 50 games.
Just saw an update for this kid.  He has broken the all time U19 Bundesliga scoring record with 34 goals in just 20 games.

He is 15 now, but the media and fans won't let the idea go that his parents lied about his age.  He will be allowed to play as a pro when he turns 16 with special dispensation.

It is kind of scary that when Dortmund sell Haaland for a 100m a couple of years from now, they can just plug in another young player and start the cycle again.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we can start to see the basics of the Olympic team.  hopefully more leaks come soon.

.............................X

Cannon.........X.........X........Gloster

..........................X

..............Ledezma.....Pomykal

X...................Jesus........................X

I don't follow the youth women's side of the game much but I have seen the name Trinity Rodman come across my twitter feed numerous times this week for scoring for the U20's.

She is Dennis Rodman's daughter.

I don't follow the youth women's side of the game much but I have seen the name Trinity Rodman come across my twitter feed numerous times this week for scoring for the U20's.

She is Dennis Rodman's daughter.
Athletes gonna athlete 

Will be interesting to see if more pro athletes' kids play the sport.

Pretty cool considering neither Pulisic or Adams played

===============================

@BrianSciaretta

My notepad for Americans abroad highlights in a very good weekend

Sonora - goal

McKennie - goal

Sargent - goal

Miazga - goal

Kelman - goal

Cappis - goal

Johannsson - goal

Hoyos - goal

Saucedo - assist

Brooks - cleansheet

Palmer-Brown - cleansheet

Carter-Vickers -cleansheet

This is better than I hoped for

GOALKEEPERS (3): Matt Freese (Philadelphia Union; Wayne, Pa.), JT Marcinkowski (San Jose Earthquakes; Alamo, Calif.), David Ochoa (Real Salt Lake; Oxnard, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (6): Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; Grapevine, Texas), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; Tucson, Ariz.), Chris Gloster (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Montclair, N.J.), Aaron Herrera (Real Salt Lake; Las Cruces, N.M.), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; Bear, Del.), Erik Palmer-Brown (Austria Wien/AUT; Lee’s Summit, Mo.)

MIDFIELDERS (6): Brenden Aaronson (Philadelphia Union; Medford, N.J.), Hassani Dotson (Minnesota United; Federal Way, Wash.), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/NED; Phoenix, Ariz.), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; Lemont, Ill.), Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas; Highland Village, Texas), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; Bloomington, Minn.)

FORWARDS (5): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; Bethesda, Md.), Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas; McKinney, Texas), Jonathan Lewis (Colorado Rapids; Plantation, Fla.), Ulysses Llanez (Wolfsburg/GER; Lynwood, Calif.), Sebastian Saucedo (UNAM Pumas/MEX; Park City, Utah

So we can start to see the basics of the Olympic team.  hopefully more leaks come soon.

.............................X

Cannon.........X.........X........Gloster

..........................X

..............Ledezma.....Pomykal

X...................Jesus........................X
...........................Ochoa

Cannon.....McKenzie......EPB........Gloster

.............................Yueill

.............Ledezma..........Pomykal

Saucedo...............Jesus...............Uly

Not bad....

This is going to be happening more and more across the world.

The Schalke Dortmund derby will be played in an empty stadium this week.
Serie A is having a meeting on Tues for possible canceling rest of the year. Of corse conspiracy theorist will say this should've happened this past week but now that Juventus is on top it allows them to win the league now 

NewlyRetired said:
This is going to be happening more and more across the world.

The Schalke Dortmund derby will be played in an empty stadium this week.
Reyna better get used to quiet stadiums.

Dortmund vs PSG will also be played behind closed doors...

Maybe these will be the games we finally see my avatar play together

=========

Steven Goff

@SoccerInsider

This is now official:

June 4 Semifinals in Houston: USA v HON at BBVA Stadium, 7:30 ET MEX v CRC at NRG Stadium, 10:00pm ET

June 7 Final/3rd place match in Arlington, TX:  Third-place match, 5:30 ET Final, 8:00pm ET

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
NewlyRetired said:
...........................Ochoa

Cannon.....McKenzie......EPB........Gloster

.............................Yueill

.............Ledezma..........Pomykal

Saucedo...............Jesus...............Uly

Not bad....
@Ned  @DJackson10  there is a question of whether Paxton will be fit for 90 minutes as he missed all preseason and has only subbed for Dallas so far.  If he is not ready to start, do you guys think Aaronson would do well in that role?  I am not at all sold on Milhailovic for some reason.

The two players I was surprised to see not make the roster were Chris Richards and Cappis.

By all accounts, Richards has been excellent for Bayern 2 and with Miles Robinson hurt* I really thought Richards would get called.  There is almost zero chance IMO that Bayern denied this call up.

*Even if Robinson was not hurt, Atlanta already said they would not release him.

@Ned  @DJackson10  there is a question of whether Paxton will be fit for 90 minutes as he missed all preseason and has only subbed for Dallas so far.  If he is not ready to start, do you guys think Aaronson would do well in that role?  I am not at all sold on Milhailovic for some reason.
Aaronson plays well behind the strikers. One of the reasons they let Fabian go was their trust in Brendan. Union play more of a diamond though shape 

Crap.  Translated tweet

================

Josh shot first #Sargent a beautiful goal in Berlin, then suddenly he no longer adhered to tactical guidelines - and was now criticized by coach Florian Kohfeldt.

The two players I was surprised to see not make the roster were Chris Richards and Cappis.

By all accounts, Richards has been excellent for Bayern 2 and with Miles Robinson hurt* I really thought Richards would get called.  There is almost zero chance IMO that Bayern denied this call up.

*Even if Robinson was not hurt, Atlanta already said they would not release him.
Apparently, Bayern did refuse to release Richards. 

They are very different players, IMO.  I don't even see a Paxton-like player on the roster.  I wouldn't trust Aaronson's defending enough to slot him into that role.  He'd be more of a Ledezma replacement.

Looks like Dallas is hedging its bets.

Jesus has joined camp but Pomykal and Cannon are being held back to play this weekend for Dallas.  This may actually be a good thing if Paxton can start a game before he joins camp.

Looks like Dallas is hedging its bets.

Jesus has joined camp but Pomykal and Cannon are being held back to play this weekend for Dallas.  This may actually be a good thing if Paxton can start a game before he joins camp.
Saucedo is doing the same.  According to Ives, all the U23 players are staying in Liga MX for the weekends game before joining their national teams.

Here’s the link to the schedule. Too lazy to find an English version. 

https://res.cloudinary.com/concacaf-production/image/upload/v1581357678/concacaf-prod/assets/MOQ_Schedule_V10.pdf

3/20: US v CR 

3/23: DR v US

3/26: US v Mex :towelwave:   :boxing:   :hot:  

3/30: Semis

4/1: Finals
The ironic thing is we want that Mexico game to hopefully be meaningless.   The goal is to come in second in group and then win the semi final to qualify for the Olympics.

The first game against CR may decide who goes to the Olympics.

Last edited by a moderator:
from the Chelsea FC loan roundup:

USA defender Matt Miazga, currently on loan at Reading, received supportive words from his manager there Mark Bowen after the Royals won 3-1 win at Birmingham this weekend.

That was because Miazga was involved when the opposition side were took the lead but he later equalised when he volleyed in a cross.

‘He [Miazga] showed great character,’ said Bowen. ‘I wouldn’t blame him for the first goal – he tried to head it back. It was more the case of [Birmingham player Scott] Hogan being a goal poacher and he read the situation well.

‘Miazga has now got two goals for me since I took over and he is a quality player. There’s an extra special mention for him because he was out for six weeks with an ankle injury and has now played three games in eight days and his standard in all three has been top class.’

Users who are viewing this thread