What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Strain -- New Show on FX Sunday nights (2 Viewers)

I was sure I was out until the old dude started lopping off heads. I'll probably watch next week's, but I don't have high hopes.

I was sure I was out until the old dude started lopping off heads. I'll probably watch next week's, but I don't have high hopes.
Im wondering who the guy was that was killed in the office building ?
The week before? The one that was made to look like he shot himself?
yes
I also didn't get what that was about or the rat guy. Then again, I haven't been paying close attention. I have been more interested in people's cocks falling off and worms.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the other 200+ passengers on the plane, some who ate the coroner? Arent they out there causing havoc and creating more vampires? Wouldnt that be big news? Guess that coroner had no family cause no one seems to miss him.

yes
I also didn't get what that was about or the rat guy. Then again, I haven't been paying close attention. I have been more interested in people's cocks falling off and worms.
He was the airline CEO. Not exactly sure why they needed to quiet him. Either he knew the truth or they just wanted to make it look like he was so distraught he killed himself. Or both. They just don't want any more questions about the flight.

Not sure how the rat guy fits in yet.

:fawn: "I would rather die from whatever this terrible thing is than kill a human being"

Oh, shut the #### up already. A 6ft snake just flew out of a little girl and you're worried about killing it/her? :rolleyes: Hopefully she really does go away. She adds nothing to the show...then again none of them add anything to the show.

What about the other 200+ passengers on the plane, some who ate the coroner? Arent they out there causing havoc and creating more vampires? Wouldnt that be big news? Guess that coroner had no family cause no one seems to miss him.
No one has time for gaping plot holes.

So the old man went to see the vampire last time. What happened? I thought he was behind bringing the coffin here so he could get healthy (live forever?) but he seems to be deteriorating.
im guessing they just used him to get where they are now...from what i understand they cant travel over water without human help?
That makes sense since they kept mentioning getting the coffin over the bridge. Maybe they just guaranteed him internal organs as he needs them.
He thought they were going to make him immortal. Instead, he got a liver transplant.

So the old man went to see the vampire last time. What happened? I thought he was behind bringing the coffin here so he could get healthy (live forever?) but he seems to be deteriorating.
im guessing they just used him to get where they are now...from what i understand they cant travel over water without human help?
That makes sense since they kept mentioning getting the coffin over the bridge. Maybe they just guaranteed him internal organs as he needs them.
He thought they were going to make him immortal. Instead, he got a liver transplant.
Just to clarify, he got himself the liver transplant... it is not related with his deal with the Master.

Just to clarify, he got himself the liver transplant... it is not related with his deal with the Master.
May need to rewatch it again, but his face told me he did this because he thought they were going to make him immortal (i.e. he wouldn't be sick anymore). That's the whole reason he did it. Watch his face when he finds out the only thing he is getting out of it is a new liver.

May need to rewatch it again, but his face told me he did this because he thought they were going to make him immortal (i.e. he wouldn't be sick anymore). That's the whole reason he did it. Watch his face when he finds out the only thing he is getting out of it is a new liver.
He definitely looked like he expected more than just a liver.

I agree, he appeared disappointed that he wasn't immortal.

Hulk, you don't need to respond to this, just wondering out loud. I wonder if something the old man "has" is the reason he was not given immortality and that he may hold a cure so to speak without knowing it.

Hulk, you don't need to respond to this, just wondering out loud. I wonder if something the old man "has" is the reason he was not given immortality and that he may hold a cure so to speak without knowing it.
I think they're just stringing him along. He had plans for the HHS woman but collapsed before he could tell her. They can say his job isn't complete yet and hold out for more, just giving him the liver for now.

No one has time for gaping plot holes.
That's why they hired the hacker to crash the internet in the city. No one knows what's going on.
The outbreak should have happened before the crash started. Plus, 200 lunatics with snakes coming out of their mouths would probly cause some disturbance that a crash couldnt cover.

:fawn: "I would rather die from whatever this terrible thing is than kill a human being"

Oh, shut the #### up already. A 6ft snake just flew out of a little girl and you're worried about killing it/her? :rolleyes: Hopefully she really does go away. She adds nothing to the show...then again none of them add anything to the show.
Her reaction was so stupid and unreasonable I nearly turned it off right then. It was not real or organic, simply something lazy writers put in to create tension.

SmoovySmoov said:
(HULK) said:
SmoovySmoov said:
jamny said:
BustedKnuckles said:
jamny said:
I'll explain in spoilers:

His deal with the Master is for immortality. He is disapointed that the Master has yet to hold up his end of the bargin, and that he has to have another transplant to continue living. The character has had numerous transplants previously... he finds a good match for whatever he needs in the 3rd world, has that person killed and takes the organ. The show will probably never get into all of that background, but this is what is going on.

stbugs said:
jamny said:
SmoovySmoov said:
(HULK) said:
SmoovySmoov said:
jamny said:
BustedKnuckles said:
jamny said:
I agree, he appeared disappointed that he wasn't immortal.

Nope.

FYI, the dead from the plane all left the morgues and returned to their loved ones. The old man has killed some of them. The rest are out there, wreaking havoc. The old rich guy is running as much cover up and interference as possible and the public remains almost entirely in the dark. They've shuffled the delivery some, but we should be encountering some of them out in public very soon.

FWIW, if you're into even a little bit thus far, stick with it.

SmoovySmoov said:
(HULK) said:
SmoovySmoov said:
jamny said:
BustedKnuckles said:
jamny said:
I'll explain in spoilers:

His deal with the Master is for immortality. He is disapointed that the Master has yet to hold up his end of the bargin, and that he has to have another transplant to continue living. The character has had numerous transplants previously... he finds a good match for whatever he needs in the 3rd world, has that person killed and takes the organ. The show will probably never get into all of that background, but this is what is going on.
They intimated this early on with his servant/bodyguard/whatever asking him if he wanted to go through with the match they found for him. He hesitated but his whatever you want to call him talked him into moving forward with the harvest.

FYI, the dead from the plane all left the morgues and returned to their loved ones. The old man has killed some of them. The rest are out there, wreaking havoc. The old rich guy is running as much cover up and interference as possible and the public remains almost entirely in the dark. They've shuffled the delivery some, but we should be encountering some of them out in public very soon.

FWIW, if you're into even a little bit thus far, stick with it.
I plan on it, I am enjoying it so far.

jamny said:
Fariq said:
BustedKnuckles said:
jamny said:
BustedKnuckles said:
pollardsvision said:
yes
He was the airline CEO. Not exactly sure why they needed to quiet him. Either he knew the truth or they just wanted to make it look like he was so distraught he killed himself. Or both. They just don't want any more questions about the flight.

Not sure how the rat guy fits in yet.
He was the CEO of the Airline and was going to fight the accusations that his company had made glaring mistakes in maintenance that lead to the deaths of all of the passengers. Eichorst(Waxy Boy) killed him to stop him from speaking out.

Just as an aside...................there's something freaky about that Rat Guy's face. I already didn't like him, for no discernible reason from his days on LOST. Now, he's gone all Just For Men and dyed everything black. And somehow looks even weirder to me. I don't know what he's doing, or why he looks like a Chinese man now, but I hate it.

"I don't know what it is about your face, but I want to deliver one of these right into your suckhole. If you don't change your face, I'm gonna change it for you."

Porkchop Express said:
3C said:

Her reaction was so stupid and unreasonable I nearly turned it off right then. It was not real or organic, simply something lazy writers put in to create tension.
Well, feel free to turn off this thread as well. TIA. Stay in the Lost one and complain there.

Porkchop Express said:
3C said:

Well, feel free to turn off this thread as well. TIA. Stay in the Lost one and complain there.
Ill take it under advisement, but Im probly not. So sorry.

I love this thread. We got the nitpickers that over-analyze everything looking for plot holes and the people that can't be bothered to pay attention enough to know who's being killed in an office building fake suicide. Anyone paying attention just enough to enjoy the show except me?

And now we got the guy who thinks if you don't pay attention to the show as much as he does, you can't be enjoying it.

I loved this book series. Kinda disappointed so far in the show, but I can understand how 30 minute segments (with the ####ty FX 30 minute ad time each ####### episode) once a week make it hard to follow along.

Its going to get good soon. Loved the shed scene.

I love this thread. We got the nitpickers that over-analyze everything looking for plot holes and the people that can't be bothered to pay attention enough to know who's being killed in an office building fake suicide. Anyone paying attention just enough to enjoy the show except me?
I am. I was surprised as well about the fake suicide. They mentioned it a couple times and it seemed obvious he wanted to cover it up and make it look like the airline messed up.

I think it's getting better. watched the last episode at lunch today, and thought it was pretty good. nice to see Walder Frey pull out that sword and get to slicing.

SIDE NOTE: this is not a great show to watch while you're eating.

I guess I am the only person still watching this. Pace has picked up. But some of the story telling is still pretty shoddy. Not giving up on it because the premise is still pretty interesting.

I guess I am the only person still watching this. Pace has picked up. But some of the story telling is still pretty shoddy. Not giving up on it because the premise is still pretty interesting.
Nope still watching and enjoying it. Didn't see last night's episode yet.

Awesome. I like it, too bad for those who bailed early.

The only thing that bothers me is the compressed air framing nailer converted to gunpowder to shoot silver nails. Really ? Probably a lot easier to just make silver bullets.

This was the first episode that left me wanting more.

I wish some of the vampire lackeys were shown in higher places of government making decisions. That way the lack of response from the authorities could fall into the realm of suspension of disbelief. As is it's just poorly written.

This was the first episode that left me wanting more.

I wish some of the vampire lackeys were shown in higher places of government making decisions. That way the lack of response from the authorities could fall into the realm of suspension of disbelief. As is it's just poorly written.
if things get too far out of hand will you be making an appearance? that would be awesome !!!!!!

I read the first book recently and almost wished I didnt. It is distracting to wtch as the show jumps around a bit and doesnt strictly follow the book flow and then I cant remember what happened in the book vs the show. Trying to decide if I ahould read the next two books or wait until the series is done.

Users who are viewing this thread