What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Strain -- New Show on FX Sunday nights (2 Viewers)

No, it is not beyond the books (there are 3 of them).

Actually, I think they've just caught up to the end of book 1 (or maybe 2)... can't remember exactly, it's been awhile since I read them.

Colts Win said:
I think I read season 4 is the last season.
Please be true please be true please be true

The 2 worst actors on the show, and there are plenty of bad ones, as central/main characters. Zach as nucular mass murderer and Palmer as the master. :wall: I can't take much more.

I apologize to everyone who saw this thread and then watched this show.  If I had a time machine, I'd go back and stop myself from creating this thread.

Excited to watch the train wreck continue this Sunday!
Still stands.

Sorry guys.

Please be true please be true please be true

The 2 worst actors on the show, and there are plenty of bad ones, as central/main characters. Zach as nucular mass murderer and Palmer as the master. :wall: I can't take much more.
It helps if I think Trump = Eldritch. 

Ok show because I'm a fan of the genre, but, how many seasons can you end the exact same way?; oh we've finally caught the master...ooops got away.   And yeah, Zack is Strain's Coral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Returns July 16th. Looking forward to it!

Refresh my memory. Didn't everyone die from the nuke? I see the whole cast on the previews.

I don't usually watch crappy TV but this show keeps me hooked for some reason. I guess because it's usually a lot of action without much sappy drama. And it knows what it is, a cheesy horror show, and doesn't take itself too seriously.

I'm no vampire, but I would gladly kill eph's son for free......his #### makes me angry in every scene.

also, will add eph's vampire wife to the "women/vampires I find oddly attractive thread"

New season has a similar vibe to the other Carlton Cuse produced show I hate-love, "Colony". Spoiled Goth Zach is 10x more unlikeable than regular Zach. Impressive. 

The DVR cut off the last 15 minutes last night for whatever reason (I assume it got sick of having to record this ####).   My reaction to missing the last part of the show?  Relief.   

The first half of this season was a waste. Now it seems like they are rushing it. Regardless, I've enjoyed the run and look forward to these last 3 episodes.

I'm going to make it, just one episode left.  It's horrible, but, I found myself wanting to see this last episode more than Fear the Walking dead mid-season opener when I was looking for something to watch.  I know that's not saying much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to make it, just one episode left.  It's horrible, but, I found myself wanting to see this last episode more than Fear the Walking dead mid-season opener when I was looking for something to watch.  I know that's not saying much.

DON'T YOU QUIT ON ME!

This marathon of pain is almost over.

Again, I apologize profusely for starting this thread.
I actually mostly enjoyed this show . Zach may be the most hated child in TV history with millions ( ok, thousands) of people hoping he dies a horrible, grisly death each week. My enjoyment of this show will increase immensely if his stupid smirky face gets eaten or chopped off this week. If he lives and becomes the hero then this is the worst show ever.

I actually mostly enjoyed this show . Zach may be the most hated child in TV history with millions ( ok, thousands) of people hoping he dies a horrible, grisly death each week. My enjoyment of this show will increase immensely if his stupid smirky face gets eaten or chopped off this week. If he lives and becomes the hero then this is the worst show ever.
So, worst show ever then?

I liked the ending although it was pretty obvious that the Doc would jump in even before the kid wound up in the elevator. Fun show.

If done right, this really could have been the Vampire version of Walking Dead, but that would have meant straying from the books a lot.

I did like the first season.  It had some cool undertones about greed, family, and the desire for power / eternal youth.

If done right, this really could have been the Vampire version of Walking Dead, but that would have meant straying from the books a lot.

I did like the first season.  It had some cool undertones about greed, family, and the desire for power / eternal youth.
I agree. Started out really good and got worse each season. Almost gave up halfway through season 3 but felt I was pot committed by that point. Last 2 episodes weren't bad but most of this last season was either rushed or pointless.

Finished this Sunday night.  Man I was hoping Eichorst would finally get his wish and take over as the master guy and infect Setrakian who would take over the world and find left over Kim Jong-un nuclear rocket and tie Dutch (after taking her to a salon to finally clean up her skanky looking face) and Zach (after taking him to a barber to cut that stupid non-haircut and then stomping a mud hole in his face ala Quin) to it and launch it to the moon. But Del toro never called, so you guys got stuck with what you got.

Best stupid fun ride campy creepy show in a while. Loved to hate it and hated that I loved it.

As FD&S mentioned tho, Thank God it's over

Users who are viewing this thread