What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Williams, ATL (4 Viewers)

Yeah, this is his last day in my lineup. Gonna trade him. I'll even take peanuts. This dude, this situation sucks. He isn't even on the field. I've seen Darrel. I've seen Shady. That's it.

And yeah, I know. It's been 5 mins. I don't gaf.

Anyone whose been watching objectively can see that Darrel is the best RB on the team right now.
It doesn't matter who the best RB is because Reid is going to limit all their usage by splitting their snaps. The best most oft used RB in this offense will only put mid RB2 numbers on a good day.

He’s done

i don’t think the o-line did him any favors in the Colts games, but they lost, so Reid decided to change things up. 

Glimmer of hope... That 2min (3mins on the clock) drive before the half still shows that DWill is the back that is still trusted the most.  He was in on every snap of that drive.  
McCoy was responsible for Mahomes getting injured. Completely missed the blitz pick up. And this after apparently being criticized this past week for pass protection issues.

I know they were behind and passing for a lot of this game. But he had 2 touches. TWO. We just got lucky today. I’m dipping out of this backfield.

Yahoo's projections have been glitching all day.  Earlier all the defenses were projected to score 0.00.  Dam Williams was just projected 0.00 for a few minutes - it's probably an ominous sign that I shouldn't start this guy even as my RB4

Putting on my bench...two touches last week?  Why should I expect 15?

And I really don't have a lot of options due to bye.

I'm benching both Damien and Shady in favor of Auden Tate for my flex spot. I'm 3-3 in my dyno right now and can't be taking these kind of risks.

I feel like there are no holes whenever he gets the ball....guys in the backfield...he has to juke two guys get a yard

does he have bad luck? No vision?  

I feel like there are no holes whenever he gets the ball....guys in the backfield...he has to juke two guys get a yard

does he have bad luck? No vision?  
He’s not juking anyone.  He doesn’t seem to be able to make anyone miss, and with the (lack of) health on KC’s O-line, the backs need to be able to make people miss.  If Mahomes is out for an extended period, opposing D’s will be more likely to crowd the LOS; I don’t see Dam. Williams being successful in that situation.

tjnc09 said:
Yahoo's projections have been glitching all day.  Earlier all the defenses were projected to score 0.00.  Dam Williams was just projected 0.00 for a few minutes - it's probably an ominous sign that I shouldn't start this guy even as my RB4
🤣🤣 great game script to get carries and still couldn't do anything.  Glad I benched him.  High chance I cut him and Darrel this week.

🤣🤣 great game script to get carries and still couldn't do anything.  Glad I benched him.  High chance I cut him and Darrel this week.
That's what drives me insane. I have Dam and Shady (the only one worth anything). You'd think....oh wow a KC offensive player....I could easily trade this dude for something. But no. They're all useless and have no value. You're lucky to get peanuts for these guys.

Damien Williams rushed nine times for seven yards in the Chiefs' Week 7 win over the Broncos, adding two receptions for -1 yards.

It was a disastrous night for Williams. He saw the ball on the Chiefs' opening drive, but LeSean McCoy got the start and out-touched his backfield mate 4-1 on the first possession. McCoy went on to out-touch Williams 14-11 and out-gain him 76-6. McCoy's touch advantage is up to 24-13 over the past two weeks. Especially if Patrick Mahomes (knee) is sidelined, Williams will lack serious FLEX appeal for Week 8 against the Packers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what drives me insane. I have Dam and Shady (the only one worth anything). You'd think....oh wow a KC offensive player....I could easily trade this dude for something. But no. They're all useless and have no value. You're lucky to get peanuts for these guys.
I like peanuts. You're not getting my peanuts for this guy. 

What a mess.   This guy was a certifiable league-winner late last year, and now he's just trash.   

Mahomes being out won't help matters for the Chiefs' "running game", if we can call it that.   

Maybe he is what his entire career suggested; and not what the hot stretch at the end of last season looked like?
JAGs like Spencer Ware and Charkandrick West have been decently productive in this system, as well as Williams himself.  Williams was serviceable with the Dolphins.  This year’s production is so much worse than his Dolphin years, his 2018 year, worse than West and Ware.  

None of the backs had holes to run through last night. Looks like a KC 3-way RB bust to me. Hate to drop a 6th round pick, but he is worthless with no hope in sight.

Users who are viewing this thread