What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Williams, ATL (3 Viewers)

Yes, but I don't think he(or Sony Michel, or Ronald Jones to be honest) are better than Davis/Damien.

Its a lot easier to be a RB for KC, LA, or TB, than it is to be on Atlanta.

In my opinion, its Patterson>Penny>Gordon>Fournette, and then don't bother until after the draft. 
Agreed. 
I have to think a 26 yo RB with low wear & tear who had >500 yards rush, 47 Rec for another >450 yards & 8 TD would draw attention…

I like Gordon more than most. But have no luck buying shares lately 

AtlantaFalcons.com's Scott Bair believes RB Damien Williams will "factor heavily" into the Falcons' run game.​

With Atlanta taking Tyler Allgeier in the 2022 NFL Draft, Williams' role in the backfield has gone largely undiscussed in fantasy circles. Going into his age-30 season, Williams could profile as the Falcons' primary early-down back while Cordarrelle Patterson takes on the pass-catching role out of the Atlanta backfield. "You didn't see him much in the preseason because the team wanted to make sure one of their primary runners didn't take a ton of hits this summer," Bair said. "He's a versatile talent who can run between the tackles and be an asset as a receiver out of the backfield, providing options and unpredictability when he's in the game."
It's tough to envision a Falcons offense that can establish the run in 2022, though Williams could have some touchdown appeal if he gets the team's goal line role early in the season.
RELATED:
SOURCE: AtlantaFalcons.com
Sep 5, 2022, 11:58 AM ET

AtlantaFalcons.com's Scott Bair believes RB Damien Williams will "factor heavily" into the Falcons' run game.​

With Atlanta taking Tyler Allgeier in the 2022 NFL Draft, Williams' role in the backfield has gone largely undiscussed in fantasy circles. Going into his age-30 season, Williams could profile as the Falcons' primary early-down back while Cordarrelle Patterson takes on the pass-catching role out of the Atlanta backfield. "You didn't see him much in the preseason because the team wanted to make sure one of their primary runners didn't take a ton of hits this summer," Bair said. "He's a versatile talent who can run between the tackles and be an asset as a receiver out of the backfield, providing options and unpredictability when he's in the game."
It's tough to envision a Falcons offense that can establish the run in 2022, though Williams could have some touchdown appeal if he gets the team's goal line role early in the season.
RELATED:
Quite interesting as he’s available on the wire in almost all of my leagues.

I guess if you are desperate for a few weeks of a starter. He could surprise but seems like a 2-3 week rental where you are scared to start him either way.

RELATED:
Quite interesting as he’s available on the wire in almost all of my leagues.

I guess if you are desperate for a few weeks of a starter. He could surprise but seems like a 2-3 week rental where you are scared to start him either way.
With Patterson and Allgeire in the mix in what looks to be a low volume offense, I'm not sure Williams has enough upside to give up a roster slot.

Falcons placed RB Damien Williams (ribs) on injured reserve.​

Williams will now miss a minimum of four games on injured reserve after coming into the season primed for a legitimate role in the Atlanta backfield. 2022 fifth-round rookie Tyler Allgeier and 2021 fifth-round running back Avery Williams are next in line for carries behind starter Cordarrelle Patterson. Patterson's role as the unquestioned lead back is safe after seeing 27 combined rush attempts and targets in Week 1.
Sep 17, 2022, 4:11 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread