Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
buddhacwru

Damien Wiliams - RB - Oklahoma

Yeah, this is his last day in my lineup. Gonna trade him. I'll even take peanuts. This dude, this situation sucks. He isn't even on the field. I've seen Darrel. I've seen Shady. That's it.

And yeah, I know. It's been 5 mins. I don't gaf.

Anyone whose been watching objectively can see that Darrel is the best RB on the team right now.

Just now, tricky92 said:

Anyone whose been watching objectively can see that Darrel is the best RB on the team right now.

It doesn't matter who the best RB is because Reid is going to limit all their usage by splitting their snaps. The best most oft used RB in this offense will only put mid RB2 numbers on a good day.

It’s not in Reids history to not have a fantasy quality RB. This situation will play itself out over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

He’s done

i don’t think the o-line did him any favors in the Colts games, but they lost, so Reid decided to change things up. 

1 minute ago, tricky92 said:

It’s not in Reids history to not have a fantasy quality RB. This situation will play itself out over the next couple of weeks.

I'm not denying that I played myself. Gotdamn optimism :wall:

• Like 1

Just now, ShamrockPride said:

I'm not denying that I played myself. Gotdamn optimism :wall:

The situation will require a little patience... don’t you just love fantasy football?? Haha

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:
59 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

3-headed RBBC?

Yessir. Avoid at all costs.

Glimmer of hope... That 2min (3mins on the clock) drive before the half still shows that DWill is the back that is still trusted the most.  He was in on every snap of that drive.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Glimmer of hope... That 2min (3mins on the clock) drive before the half still shows that DWill is the back that is still trusted the most.  He was in on every snap of that drive.  

Maybe a sign we'll see him more in the 2nd half with this a close game/the Chiefs trailing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

McCoy was responsible for Mahomes getting injured. Completely missed the blitz pick up. And this after apparently being criticized this past week for pass protection issues.

Darrel W., despite what the honks on this board will tell you because they got him for free, is not that good a back. 

I know they were behind and passing for a lot of this game. But he had 2 touches. TWO. We just got lucky today. I’m dipping out of this backfield.

3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

I know they were behind and passing for a lot of this game. But he had 2 touches. TWO. We just got lucky today. I’m dipping out of this backfield.

Yeah, I signed up for 12-15 touches not two.

3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Who are you hoping for? I'm broke, stuck, and snuck on. 

Yahoo's projections have been glitching all day.  Earlier all the defenses were projected to score 0.00.  Dam Williams was just projected 0.00 for a few minutes - it's probably an ominous sign that I shouldn't start this guy even as my RB4

On 10/13/2019 at 3:28 PM, ShamrockPride said:

Me, too. Think I'm going with one of the Buffalo running backs this weekend.

going with Shady instead

I see<10 attempts, 25 yards on the ground, 20-25 yards through the air, 0 TDs. 

24 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I think we got “Andy Reided” last week

Tonight will be much better

:oldunsure:

🤞

In over Jordan Howard.   Looking for a little Thursday night magic.  

30 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I think we got “Andy Reided” last week

Tonight will be much better

:oldunsure:

Could be....how much would you utilize McCoy on short rest?  Maybe a bunch, what do I  know....

Holding Darrel one more week. That's what I said last week. Glad I don't have a Damien decision.

Putting on my bench...two touches last week?  Why should I expect 15?

And I really don't have a lot of options due to bye.

I'm benching both Damien and Shady in favor of Auden Tate for my flex spot. I'm 3-3 in my dyno right now and can't be taking these kind of risks.

1 hour ago, Rove! said:

Could be....how much would you utilize McCoy on short rest?  Maybe a bunch, what do I  know....

None of the KC backs got worn out Sunday, did they? :D 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Doug B said:

None of the KC backs got worn out Sunday, did they? :D 

No one on the KC offense was worn out Sunday, they only saw the field twenty minutes of a sixty minute game

I feel like there are no holes whenever he gets the ball....guys in the backfield...he has to juke two guys get a yard

does he have bad luck? No vision?  

16 minutes ago, Rove! said:

I feel like there are no holes whenever he gets the ball....guys in the backfield...he has to juke two guys get a yard

does he have bad luck? No vision?  

He’s not juking anyone.  He doesn’t seem to be able to make anyone miss, and with the (lack of) health on KC’s O-line, the backs need to be able to make people miss.  If Mahomes is out for an extended period, opposing D’s will be more likely to crowd the LOS; I don’t see Dam. Williams being successful in that situation.

he’s not a good RB

6 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

Yahoo's projections have been glitching all day.  Earlier all the defenses were projected to score 0.00.  Dam Williams was just projected 0.00 for a few minutes - it's probably an ominous sign that I shouldn't start this guy even as my RB4

🤣🤣 great game script to get carries and still couldn't do anything.  Glad I benched him.  High chance I cut him and Darrel this week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

🤣🤣 great game script to get carries and still couldn't do anything.  Glad I benched him.  High chance I cut him and Darrel this week.

That's what drives me insane. I have Dam and Shady (the only one worth anything). You'd think....oh wow a KC offensive player....I could easily trade this dude for something. But no. They're all useless and have no value. You're lucky to get peanuts for these guys.

• Like 1

Damien Williams rushed nine times for seven yards in the Chiefs' Week 7 win over the Broncos, adding two receptions for -1 yards.

It was a disastrous night for Williams. He saw the ball on the Chiefs' opening drive, but LeSean McCoy got the start and out-touched his backfield mate 4-1 on the first possession. McCoy went on to out-touch Williams 14-11 and out-gain him 76-6. McCoy's touch advantage is up to 24-13 over the past two weeks. Especially if Patrick Mahomes (knee) is sidelined, Williams will lack serious FLEX appeal for Week 8 against the Packers.

Edited by The Frankman

8 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

That's what drives me insane. I have Dam and Shady (the only one worth anything). You'd think....oh wow a KC offensive player....I could easily trade this dude for something. But no. They're all useless and have no value. You're lucky to get peanuts for these guys.

I like peanuts. You're not getting my peanuts for this guy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

He looks terrible. I mean really terrible. 

Maybe he is what his entire career suggested; and not what the hot stretch at the end of last season looked like?

What a mess.   This guy was a certifiable league-winner late last year, and now he's just trash.   

Mahomes being out won't help matters for the Chiefs' "running game", if we can call it that.   

47 minutes ago, Bayhawks said:

Maybe he is what his entire career suggested; and not what the hot stretch at the end of last season looked like?

JAGs like Spencer Ware and Charkandrick West have been decently productive in this system, as well as Williams himself.  Williams was serviceable with the Dolphins.  This year’s production is so much worse than his Dolphin years, his 2018 year, worse than West and Ware.  

None of the backs had holes to run through last night. Looks like a KC 3-way RB bust to me. Hate to drop a 6th round pick, but he is worthless with no hope in sight.