Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
buddhacwru

Damien Wiliams - RB - Oklahoma

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, gpthatsme said:

#metoo

I started Mahomes and Williams and they came out with the expected points I thought they would combined, just not in the order I expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone had to know that he would be an asset in the passing game.  The rushing yards were gravy because they were in pass mode and more importantly he was the guy they wanted on the goal line for the two TDs.  As my  replacement for Gordon I was obviously very happy about what he did.

Edited by JohnnyU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

My question is... what happens next week (Championship Week, assuming we get there) if Ware is back?

If Spencer is back for Week 16, I think Williams has earned enough trust from Andy Reid to get 10-12 touches.     If Spencer is out, even against the Seahawks giddy-yup!!

I was so happy with the 2nd TD from Damien.   I am playing the Mahomes owner in the semi-finals, and lucked out with Pat coming up short on the QB sneak at the goal-line.   That was a 12-point swing in my favor!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dcgangstas said:

If Spencer is back for Week 16, I think Williams has earned enough trust from Andy Reid to get 10-12 touches.     If Spencer is out, even against the Seahawks giddy-yup!!

I was so happy with the 2nd TD from Damien.   I am playing the Mahomes owner in the semi-finals, and lucked out with Pat coming up short on the QB sneak at the goal-line.   That was a 12-point swing in my favor!! 

 

I'm in the same position. We're very fortunate this game played out the way it did. Lucked out with the Tyreek Hill face-bouncer as well, that should have been a caught.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, dcgangstas said:

If Spencer is back for Week 16, I think Williams has earned enough trust from Andy Reid to get 10-12 touches.     If Spencer is out, even against the Seahawks giddy-yup!!

I was so happy with the 2nd TD from Damien.   I am playing the Mahomes owner in the semi-finals, and lucked out with Pat coming up short on the QB sneak at the goal-line.   That was a 12-point swing in my favor!! 

 

Ware should rest up for the Chiefs playoffs run. just sayin'

Signed

-Concerned Damien owner

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

Ware should rest up for the Chiefs playoffs run. just sayin'

Signed

-Concerned Damien owner

you may get your wish... even though it was a short week 3 DNP's does not bode well for ware's availability next week. i'd imagine they may alternate drives if ware plays... with williams retaining the 3rd down/passing role.

 

btw, congrats to those who started williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

My question is... what happens next week (Championship Week, assuming we get there) if Ware is back?

I don't think we have enough information to know for sure what will happen if Ware is fully healthy next week.

I was looking at snap counts and utilization for KC and Hunt was getting about 70% of the offensive snaps on average before they cut him. Ware was getting a small share in relief and no Williams.

Since the bye and release of Hunt

vs Raiders

Ware 49 offensive snaps (69%) 14 rushing attempts 47 yards 1 TD 1 target 1 reception 5 yards 

Williams 19 offensive snaps (27%) 5 rushing attempts 38 yards 2 targets 2 receptions 7 yards

vs Ravens 

Ware 41 offensive snaps (48%) 15 rushing attempts 75 yards 5 target 5 reception 54 yards 

Williams 43 offensive snaps (50%) 8 rushing attempts 14 yards 5 targets 4 receptions 16 yards

vs Chargers

Damien Williams 44 offensive snaps (73%) 14 rushing attempts 49 yards 2 TD 6 targets 6 receptions 74 yards

Darrell Williams 15 offensive snaps (25%) 2 rushing attempts 13 yards 2 targets 2 receptions 19 yards 1 TD

 

I still think Ware is the better RB but the split between the two may be more even if Ware returns from injury than it was against the Raiders.

Darrell Williams is an interesting RB and he scored in last nights game. Due to inexperience I do not think he will be very involved unless Ware is out again.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with starting Williams next week unless Ware was out.

Congrats to those who started Williams, he did better than he usually does with his touches.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

I don't think we have enough information to know for sure what will happen if Ware is fully healthy next week.

I was looking at snap counts and utilization for KC and Hunt was getting about 70% of the offensive snaps on average before they cut him. Ware was getting a small share in relief and no Williams.

Since the bye and release of Hunt

vs Raiders

Ware 49 offensive snaps (69%) 14 rushing attempts 47 yards 1 TD 1 target 1 reception 5 yards 

Williams 19 offensive snaps (27%) 5 rushing attempts 38 yards 2 targets 2 receptions 7 yards

vs Ravens 

Ware 41 offensive snaps (48%) 15 rushing attempts 75 yards 5 target 5 reception 54 yards 

Williams 43 offensive snaps (50%) 8 rushing attempts 14 yards 5 targets 4 receptions 16 yards

vs Chargers

Damien Williams 44 offensive snaps (73%) 14 rushing attempts 49 yards 2 TD 6 targets 6 receptions 74 yards

Darrell Williams 15 offensive snaps (25%) 2 rushing attempts 13 yards 2 targets 2 receptions 19 yards 1 TD

 

I still think Ware is the better RB but the split between the two may be more even if Ware returns from injury than it was against the Raiders.

Darrell Williams is an interesting RB and he scored in last nights game. Due to inexperience I do not think he will be very involved unless Ware is out again.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with starting Williams next week unless Ware was out.

Congrats to those who started Williams, he did better than he usually does with his touches.

That’s how o see it as well.  And I don’t  think Id start Ware next week either.  I think the best FF scenario is Ware out again next week and people can start Williams.  If Ware plays I can’t count on either getting enough touches and would be TD or breaking off a big play dependent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

My question is... what happens next week (Championship Week, assuming we get there) if Ware is back?

If Ware is healthy I think that pushes Williams down to a weak flex play.  Hopefully your roster is flexible enough to adjust accordingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

My question is... what happens next week (Championship Week, assuming we get there) if Ware is back?

I would be tempted to fire them both up, depending on Ware's practice time. My flex depth got crushed by injuries to Sanders and OBJ and I think I'd trust the duo more than the skank available on the waiver wire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dcgangstas said:

If Spencer is back for Week 16, I think Williams has earned enough trust from Andy Reid to get 10-12 touches.     If Spencer is out, even against the Seahawks giddy-yup!!

I was so happy with the 2nd TD from Damien.   I am playing the Mahomes owner in the semi-finals, and lucked out with Pat coming up short on the QB sneak at the goal-line.   That was a 12-point swing in my favor!! 

 

:hifive:

You and me both buddy! Our opponents must be so annoyed right now. "Mahomes got outscored by WHO??"

Not gonna lie, I was very scared rolling him out there in the semifinals, and on a Thursday no less where I usually have terrible luck.

Hope we can both keep it going through MNF! Good luck this week everyone!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The decision NOT to start Williams may come back to haunt me. My GUT told me to start Damien over one of AJones, Lamar & Fournette then I started to read these threads, check rankings myfootballguys throughout the day, listen to FF channel on Siriuss, whose "experts" said to stay away from the possible 3 headed Williams, Williams, West RBBC. I pondered and I  did some more hand wringing then finally last minute decided to pull Williams. I saw his goal line burst TD's against the Ravens last week, I saw it! Somehow he was not picked up when waivers ran and I grabbed him for FREE (ran out of FAAB weeks ago TYVM James). Dodds, Tremblay & Bloom all have iterations of AJones, Miller & Fournette ranked higher. I need to go with them right? I mean, they get paid to do this stuff....they have waaaaay more insight than I do. It may turn out just fine. AJones only needs 1 touch to make a fantasy dream come true, Miller owns the HOU backfield (except for Blue's goal line touches but I digress) and Fournette has such a juicy matchup, there is no way he will pull some bone headed move and crush my dreams again....can he? Can they?

Bottom line...like most of you, I feel like I'm a pretty decent FF player, won my fair share of titles compared to league mates. Sometimes, you have to stop the analysis, go with your gut and eyes and stick to your instincts. Congrats to you that had the stones (or lesser options) and went with Damien! 

 

I know I know....:ptts: :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jerry jones said:

How about over josh Gordon ? 

Well...I blinked at the last second and kept Josh Gordon in instead of Williams...ugh

 

plus side, my opponent started Allen & Hill 

woot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing to remember on Williams, although i am happy with his big game, they did lose.  I think that's more important to them when they are gameplanning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweatpants said:

50 points combine between Rivers and Williams. I'll take it! 

Same here and went against Hill and Badgley...good start to the week for me...and Im going to need it with OBJ out and DJ hurting and generally sucking at times.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beerbuff said:

I would be tempted to fire them both up, depending on Ware's practice time. My flex depth got crushed by injuries to Sanders and OBJ and I think I'd trust the duo more than the skank available on the waiver wire.

What are your other choices from your roster?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

What are your other choices from your roster?

Rb's Aaron Jones, Michel, Burkhead, Dixon, Ware, Williams, Kelly. WR's Michael Thomas, OBJ, DJ Moore, Samuel, Ertz and Goedert TE. Start 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 te, 3 flex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beerbuff said:

Rb's Aaron Jones, Michel, Burkhead, Dixon, Ware, Williams, Kelly. WR's Michael Thomas, OBJ, DJ Moore, Samuel, Ertz and Goedert TE. Start 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 te, 3 flex. 

Bench players?  What are your non-starters you could replace either Ware or Williams with?

Edited by JohnnyU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Everyone had to know that he would be an asset in the passing game.  The rushing yards were gravy because they were in pass mode and more importantly he was the guy they wanted on the goal line for the two TDs.  As my  replacement for Gordon I was obviously very happy about what he did.

Me too, and I started J Jackson for Gordon....Happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Spencer Ware (hamstring) is doubtful for Week 16 against the Seahawks.

Despite getting in limited practice work this week, it doesn't look like Ware will be ready for Sunday night's game in Seattle. With Ware headed for another absence, Damien Williams will again handle workhorse responsibilities for KC. Coming off a two-touchdown breakout last week against the Chargers, Williams can be trusted as a solid RB2 versus the Seahawks.

Related: Damien Williams

Source: BJ Kissel on Twitter 

Dec 21 - 4:01 PM

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, oddsbodkins said:

Him or DJ if Gurley can't go for me. This gives me peace of mind at least.

Same decision, DW or DJ to go with Chubb. Never thought back in September i'd be considering benching my first rounder for a third string KC RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I gotta wonder wether to play him over Mixon. Love Mixon's talent but man he will face a 9 man front.

Yeah, I play against him this week, hope the Cle D attacks Mixon like they did Lindsay last week, which is very possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

How is Seattle run D? Place should be rocking on SNF...

15th in the league vs. the run (112.3 yards/game).     Not quite the feared defense of years past.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dcgangstas said:

League winner.  

He was certainly a big help.  Missed out on the Spencer Ware rush to the keyboard and, as often is the case, it turns out another guy was the guy to own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.