What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Damien Williams, ATL (3 Viewers)

Everyone had to know that he would be an asset in the passing game.  The rushing yards were gravy because they were in pass mode and more importantly he was the guy they wanted on the goal line for the two TDs.  As my  replacement for Gordon I was obviously very happy about what he did.

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is... what happens next week (Championship Week, assuming we get there) if Ware is back?
If Spencer is back for Week 16, I think Williams has earned enough trust from Andy Reid to get 10-12 touches.     If Spencer is out, even against the Seahawks giddy-yup!!

I was so happy with the 2nd TD from Damien.   I am playing the Mahomes owner in the semi-finals, and lucked out with Pat coming up short on the QB sneak at the goal-line.   That was a 12-point swing in my favor!! 

If Spencer is back for Week 16, I think Williams has earned enough trust from Andy Reid to get 10-12 touches.     If Spencer is out, even against the Seahawks giddy-yup!!

I was so happy with the 2nd TD from Damien.   I am playing the Mahomes owner in the semi-finals, and lucked out with Pat coming up short on the QB sneak at the goal-line.   That was a 12-point swing in my favor!! 
I'm in the same position. We're very fortunate this game played out the way it did. Lucked out with the Tyreek Hill face-bouncer as well, that should have been a caught.

Ware should rest up for the Chiefs playoffs run. just sayin'

Signed

-Concerned Damien owner

Ware should rest up for the Chiefs playoffs run. just sayin'

Signed

-Concerned Damien owner
you may get your wish... even though it was a short week 3 DNP's does not bode well for ware's availability next week. i'd imagine they may alternate drives if ware plays... with williams retaining the 3rd down/passing role.

btw, congrats to those who started williams

My question is... what happens next week (Championship Week, assuming we get there) if Ware is back?
I don't think we have enough information to know for sure what will happen if Ware is fully healthy next week.

I was looking at snap counts and utilization for KC and Hunt was getting about 70% of the offensive snaps on average before they cut him. Ware was getting a small share in relief and no Williams.

Since the bye and release of Hunt

vs Raiders

Ware 49 offensive snaps (69%) 14 rushing attempts 47 yards 1 TD 1 target 1 reception 5 yards 

Williams 19 offensive snaps (27%) 5 rushing attempts 38 yards 2 targets 2 receptions 7 yards

vs Ravens 

Ware 41 offensive snaps (48%) 15 rushing attempts 75 yards 5 target 5 reception 54 yards 

Williams 43 offensive snaps (50%) 8 rushing attempts 14 yards 5 targets 4 receptions 16 yards

vs Chargers

Damien Williams 44 offensive snaps (73%) 14 rushing attempts 49 yards 2 TD 6 targets 6 receptions 74 yards

Darrell Williams 15 offensive snaps (25%) 2 rushing attempts 13 yards 2 targets 2 receptions 19 yards 1 TD

I still think Ware is the better RB but the split between the two may be more even if Ware returns from injury than it was against the Raiders.

Darrell Williams is an interesting RB and he scored in last nights game. Due to inexperience I do not think he will be very involved unless Ware is out again.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with starting Williams next week unless Ware was out.

Congrats to those who started Williams, he did better than he usually does with his touches.

I don't think we have enough information to know for sure what will happen if Ware is fully healthy next week.

I was looking at snap counts and utilization for KC and Hunt was getting about 70% of the offensive snaps on average before they cut him. Ware was getting a small share in relief and no Williams.

Since the bye and release of Hunt

vs Raiders

Ware 49 offensive snaps (69%) 14 rushing attempts 47 yards 1 TD 1 target 1 reception 5 yards 

Williams 19 offensive snaps (27%) 5 rushing attempts 38 yards 2 targets 2 receptions 7 yards

vs Ravens 

Ware 41 offensive snaps (48%) 15 rushing attempts 75 yards 5 target 5 reception 54 yards 

Williams 43 offensive snaps (50%) 8 rushing attempts 14 yards 5 targets 4 receptions 16 yards

vs Chargers

Damien Williams 44 offensive snaps (73%) 14 rushing attempts 49 yards 2 TD 6 targets 6 receptions 74 yards

Darrell Williams 15 offensive snaps (25%) 2 rushing attempts 13 yards 2 targets 2 receptions 19 yards 1 TD

I still think Ware is the better RB but the split between the two may be more even if Ware returns from injury than it was against the Raiders.

Darrell Williams is an interesting RB and he scored in last nights game. Due to inexperience I do not think he will be very involved unless Ware is out again.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with starting Williams next week unless Ware was out.

Congrats to those who started Williams, he did better than he usually does with his touches.
That’s how o see it as well.  And I don’t  think Id start Ware next week either.  I think the best FF scenario is Ware out again next week and people can start Williams.  If Ware plays I can’t count on either getting enough touches and would be TD or breaking off a big play dependent.

I would be tempted to fire them both up, depending on Ware's practice time. My flex depth got crushed by injuries to Sanders and OBJ and I think I'd trust the duo more than the skank available on the waiver wire.

:hifive:

You and me both buddy! Our opponents must be so annoyed right now. "Mahomes got outscored by WHO??"

Not gonna lie, I was very scared rolling him out there in the semifinals, and on a Thursday no less where I usually have terrible luck.

Hope we can both keep it going through MNF! Good luck this week everyone!

I played Mahomes, Damien Williams, & Justin Jackson against Kelce. I feel good. I know Mahomes didn't do Mahomes things but he didn't play bad and the two TDs from Williams were very helpful and unexpected.

The decision NOT to start Williams may come back to haunt me. My GUT told me to start Damien over one of AJones, Lamar & Fournette then I started to read these threads, check rankings myfootballguys throughout the day, listen to FF channel on Siriuss, whose "experts" said to stay away from the possible 3 headed Williams, Williams, West RBBC. I pondered and I  did some more hand wringing then finally last minute decided to pull Williams. I saw his goal line burst TD's against the Ravens last week, I saw it! Somehow he was not picked up when waivers ran and I grabbed him for FREE (ran out of FAAB weeks ago TYVM James). Dodds, Tremblay & Bloom all have iterations of AJones, Miller & Fournette ranked higher. I need to go with them right? I mean, they get paid to do this stuff....they have waaaaay more insight than I do. It may turn out just fine. AJones only needs 1 touch to make a fantasy dream come true, Miller owns the HOU backfield (except for Blue's goal line touches but I digress) and Fournette has such a juicy matchup, there is no way he will pull some bone headed move and crush my dreams again....can he? Can they?

Bottom line...like most of you, I feel like I'm a pretty decent FF player, won my fair share of titles compared to league mates. Sometimes, you have to stop the analysis, go with your gut and eyes and stick to your instincts. Congrats to you that had the stones (or lesser options) and went with Damien! 

I know I know....:ptts: :lol:

jerry jones said:
How about over josh Gordon ? 
Well...I blinked at the last second and kept Josh Gordon in instead of Williams...ugh

plus side, my opponent started Allen & Hill 

woot 

The thing to remember on Williams, although i am happy with his big game, they did lose.  I think that's more important to them when they are gameplanning

I would be tempted to fire them both up, depending on Ware's practice time. My flex depth got crushed by injuries to Sanders and OBJ and I think I'd trust the duo more than the skank available on the waiver wire.
What are your other choices from your roster?

Rb's Aaron Jones, Michel, Burkhead, Dixon, Ware, Williams, Kelly. WR's Michael Thomas, OBJ, DJ Moore, Samuel, Ertz and Goedert TE. Start 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 te, 3 flex. 
Bench players?  What are your non-starters you could replace either Ware or Williams with?

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone had to know that he would be an asset in the passing game.  The rushing yards were gravy because they were in pass mode and more importantly he was the guy they wanted on the goal line for the two TDs.  As my  replacement for Gordon I was obviously very happy about what he did.
Me too, and I started J Jackson for Gordon....Happy

Spencer Ware (hamstring) is doubtful for Week 16 against the Seahawks.

Despite getting in limited practice work this week, it doesn't look like Ware will be ready for Sunday night's game in Seattle. With Ware headed for another absence, Damien Williams will again handle workhorse responsibilities for KC. Coming off a two-touchdown breakout last week against the Chargers, Williams can be trusted as a solid RB2 versus the Seahawks.

Related: Damien Williams

Source: BJ Kissel on Twitter 

Dec 21 - 4:01 PM

Still early but if he continues at this pace he could very well be resigned and turn into a round one or round two guy next year. 

Part of my winning team, averaged 20 in standard over the two games, lucky to pick him up after losing Ware. Miles better than DJ, my first rounder.

Users who are viewing this thread