What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looting in Missouri after cops shoot 18 year old (1 Viewer)

Actually, I have said all I have to say on this. I have made my point that the looters are a bunch of dirtbags who deserve some form of intense punishment. I am just going to say a few prayers for the people who actually have to live in those sh*tty neighborhoods who will be looked at as looters just because they are black, for the cops who are looked at as racist pigs just because a few of them are terrible people, and also for the intellectually misguided who possess a stock instinct to reduce anyone who does not agree with their limited and nuanced perspective to a simple bigot.

In any case, I forgive you all. Not kidding about that. Sorry for reducing you to simple minded dipwads, I am sure you are better than that too.

Obama is still a twit, though.

Benjamin Crump, a lawyer representing the Brown family, said Tuesday that Mr. Johnson had yet to be called in for questioning by the police and wanted to speak only to federal authorities.

“He does not trust the local law enforcement community,” Mr. Crump said. “How could he? He saw his friend executed.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/13/us/ferguson-police-cite-safety-risk-in-decision-not-to-name-officer-in-shooting.html?_r=0
Why would they hire this guy? :wall:

I don't think Ivan was being disingenuous or dishonest in the least. He didn't mention the racial element- so what? Is there anyone who is aware of this story who doesn't know there is a racial element?

Tobias, I generally agree with your position on these issues, but you take it too far when you make these sorts of accusations.
Kindly #### off. I'm lots of things. Dishonest isn't one of them.
Really, guys? Calling a post disingenuous is some sort of horrible insult to the poster now? Can you guys really not separate the post from the poster?

If someone asks the theory of the victim's supporters and you don't mention that many think the cop's action was likely colored by racial bias, I consider that a disingenuous reply. I didn't say anything about Ivan, who I respect very much. You can call a post disingenuous, or weird, or misinformed, or stupid, or lots of other adjectives, without calling the poster the same thing.
:goodposting:

Benjamin Crump, a lawyer representing the Brown family, said Tuesday that Mr. Johnson had yet to be called in for questioning by the police and wanted to speak only to federal authorities.

“He does not trust the local law enforcement community,” Mr. Crump said. “How could he? He saw his friend executed.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/13/us/ferguson-police-cite-safety-risk-in-decision-not-to-name-officer-in-shooting.html?_r=0
I wonder if he's even licensed to practice law in MO.

This guy did such an incredibly ####ty job in the Trayvon Martin case.

Speaking of that, when is Jojo going to join so that we can learn the victim was making PCP using skittles and tea?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's more subtle than that. We are conditioned to be scared of people who do not look like us. Some of it is racism, some of it is a natural byproduct of our country's racist history.
Could some of it be natural in-group bias that all racial groups exhibit? Studies show that children exhibit in-group racial bias as young as six months old. (link)
Depends on where you grow up, maybe people in lily white suburban Marin Cty CA for instance don't interact with other ethnicities much (just an example). I'm guessing this cop didn't have any lack of interracial interaction.
Statistics don't necessarily support the notion that significant interaction creates a more liberal view on race among whites. States with the highest percentage of whites who identify as Liberal and have more liberal vies on race include the New England states, Wisconsin and Minnesota. These states have a low percentage of black citizens (and minority residents in general). Meanwhile, the states with the highest percentage of whites who identify as Conservative and have more conservative views on race are the Southern states. Southern states have the highest percentage of black residents. We see a similar dynamic along the border states where white residents in the states with the highest percentage of Hispanic residents tend to be Conservative with more conservative views on race.
That's actually a different issue IMO. You're talking political ideology or viewpoint.

Gunz was talking about being "scared of people who do not look like us." That's a physical, visceral, psychological reaction. Take a liberal from MN and place him walking within a few blocks of a project or downtown in Atlanta or NO or Baltimore etc. and see how he reacts.
I think he'll react with greater naivete than a person who has greater exposure to those bad sections of those respective cities.
Well naivete (or ignorance) is what racism is all about, isn't it.
No.

For instance, I'm suggesting that naivete may place your hypothetical white liberal from Minnesota in a more dangerous situation because he doesn't know to avoid the bad sections that you mentioned or he's afraid that avoiding those bad sections may be construed as racist. In this hypothetical, I'm suggesting that the person who is more familiar with those bad sections (i.e. less naive about them) would have a greater tendency to avoid those bad sections. Many people today, however, would consider the white guy avoiding a bad section of a city as racist because that bad section, in the cities you mentioned, is disproportionately black.

So, no, under the expanding definition of what is considered racist naivete or ignorance is not necessarily the root cause.

The last straw will be when President Nutsack helps Tim realize his DREAM of legalizing 10 million people at the expense of all the inner city suffering that is going on in our cities. Timbo would not know anything about that though, he is a suburbs guy all the way and just likes to take shots from the gallery rather than work on the front lines.
You know very little about me. But that doesn't matter. What matters is your belief, shared by many others, that giving legal recognition to illegal immigrants already in this country will somehow make things worse in the inner cities. This is a completely false and absurd notion, but we should probably save it for a different thread.
Well, I reserve the right to make assumptions when I have a group of choads who are making not so subtle insinuations that I am a card carrying member of the KKK. Sorry, but I sort of feel the urge to respond when that kind of stupidity is being bandied about.
The choads here are only a plurality, not a majority.

Actually, I have said all I have to say on this. I have made my point that the looters are a bunch of dirtbags who deserve some form of intense punishment. I am just going to say a few prayers for the people who actually have to live in those sh*tty neighborhoods who will be looked at as looters just because they are black, for the cops who are looked at as racist pigs just because a few of them are terrible people, and also for the intellectually misguided who possess a stock instinct to reduce anyone who does not agree with their limited and nuanced perspective to a simple bigot.

In any case, I forgive you all. Not kidding about that. Sorry for reducing you to simple minded dipwads, I am sure you are better than that too.

Obama is still a twit, though.
We will all continue to ignore your psychopathic rants.

This guy did such an incredibly ####ty job in the Trayvon Martin case.

Speaking of that, when is Jojo going to join so that we can learn the victim was making PCP using skittles and tea?
meatwad = jojo

What's the theory of the victim's supporters here, the cop was just plain, mean, evil and decided to take the kid out?
Basically, yeah. There are a very large number of police officers in the US. Some of them have power issues, and basic statistics guarantees that a certain percentage of them will be mentally unhinged. It's not that far-fetched to entertain the possibility that this cop was one of those guys.
I think it's more subtle than that. We are conditioned to be scared of people who do not look like us.
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10608803_10101585389638251_2960420538901245932_o.jpg
Subtle.

What's the theory of the victim's supporters here, the cop was just plain, mean, evil and decided to take the kid out?
Basically, yeah. There are a very large number of police officers in the US. Some of them have power issues, and basic statistics guarantees that a certain percentage of them will be mentally unhinged. It's not that far-fetched to entertain the possibility that this cop was one of those guys.
I think it's more subtle than that. We are conditioned to be scared of people who do not look like us.
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10608803_10101585389638251_2960420538901245932_o.jpg
Subtle.
:lmao:

No overkill there at all.

Meatwad and TPW wondering "why don't these guys ever speak out against black on black crime?" reminds me of some conservatives who always wonder why Muslim leaders never speak out against Islamic violence- when in fact they always do.

The facts are out there guys, and easily accessed. But I doubt you'll ever look for them because they don't match your agenda.
Classic Tim....nice job taking the bait. This never even happened. Of course, it took all of two seconds to find this. Nice try buddy.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/Felsenthal-Files/April-2014/Where-Have-You-Been-Al-Sharpton-Chicago-Turns-Its-Frightened-Eyes-to-You/
Don't look to me to defend Sharpton.

But I believe you made a wider claim that neither black leaders, nor the media, are paying attention to black on black crime, whereas acts of reported racism by white police against blacks always make the news, and you were implying a double standard. That is demonstrably false. Black leaders and the media DO pay plenty of attention to black on black crime. The truth is that we the public, tune out because it's repetitive, depressing, and no solution is ever offered beyond "hey, don't do that!"
Black leaders, starting with the detestable and feeble minded twit we have running this place have done nothing. Things are getting worse for black Americans. I know some of you guys hate cops, but really, do you think any of this ends well for the average black person in our society? Our cops are armed to the teeth with high grade military style weaponry. The looting begins and you fools egg it on by rationalizing it and floating ideas that it is justified because of a Sociology class you took in 1989. It is a bunch of tripe. There is no excuse to not condemn this in the most vigorous way and not only to you guys not condemn it, you further deflect the blame by pointing at anyone who does and call them a racist. WTF.
:lol:

I think it's more subtle than that. We are conditioned to be scared of people who do not look like us. Some of it is racism, some of it is a natural byproduct of our country's racist history.
Could some of it be natural in-group bias that all racial groups exhibit? Studies show that children exhibit in-group racial bias as young as six months old. (link)
Depends on where you grow up, maybe people in lily white suburban Marin Cty CA for instance don't interact with other ethnicities much (just an example). I'm guessing this cop didn't have any lack of interracial interaction.
Statistics don't necessarily support the notion that significant interaction creates a more liberal view on race among whites. States with the highest percentage of whites who identify as Liberal and have more liberal vies on race include the New England states, Wisconsin and Minnesota. These states have a low percentage of black citizens (and minority residents in general). Meanwhile, the states with the highest percentage of whites who identify as Conservative and have more conservative views on race are the Southern states. Southern states have the highest percentage of black residents. We see a similar dynamic along the border states where white residents in the states with the highest percentage of Hispanic residents tend to be Conservative with more conservative views on race.
That's actually a different issue IMO. You're talking political ideology or viewpoint.

Gunz was talking about being "scared of people who do not look like us." That's a physical, visceral, psychological reaction. Take a liberal from MN and place him walking within a few blocks of a project or downtown in Atlanta or NO or Baltimore etc. and see how he reacts.
I think he'll react with greater naivete than a person who has greater exposure to those bad sections of those respective cities.
No.

For instance, I'm suggesting that naivete may place your hypothetical white liberal from Minnesota in a more dangerous situation because he doesn't know to avoid the bad sections that you mentioned or he's afraid that avoiding those bad sections may be construed as racist. In this hypothetical, I'm suggesting that the person who is more familiar with those bad sections (i.e. less naive about them) would have a greater tendency to avoid those bad sections. Many people today, however, would consider the white guy avoiding a bad section of a city as racist because that bad section, in the cities you mentioned, is disproportionately black.

So, no, under the expanding definition of what is considered racist naivete or ignorance is not necessarily the root cause.
I didn't imply they were "bad" sections, I was just talking about areas that might likely be mixed ethnically and class-wise in big cities.

One can walk a few blocks from a project or be downtown and see all kinds of faces and physical types around him and not think it a "bad" section. People freeze up or get scared when they think they are in a bad or dangerous situation and one trigger for racism is making that assumption based on who a person sees around him. (Personally I don't think that has anything to do with ideology or political POV, but really that's another thread).

If what they say about the cop here is true (if), it's not because the cop was scared of the victim. It was because the police force knows that it can get away with doing what it does. All kinds of corrupt practices can stem from this kind of thing by the way. And it relies not just on racism from the institution but from the city and populace itself which is aware of it and permits it to go on.

No.

I didn't imply they were "bad" sections, I was just talking about areas that might likely be mixed ethnically and class-wise in big cities.

One can walk a few blocks from a project or be downtown and see all kinds of faces and physical types around him and not think it a "bad" section. People freeze up or get scared when they think they are in a bad or dangerous situation and one trigger for racism is making that assumption based on who a person sees around him. (Personally I don't think that has anything to do with ideology or political POV, but really that's another thread).

If what they say about the cop here is true (if), it's not because the cop was scared of the victim. It was because the police force knows that it can get away with doing what it does. All kinds of corrupt practices can stem from this kind of thing by the way. And it relies not just on racism from the institution but from the city and populace itself which is aware of it and permits it to go on.
Your hypothetical asked to consider walking in the area of "a project". Projects are almost always synonymous with higher crime sections.

No.

Your hypothetical asked to consider walking in the area of "a project". Projects are almost always synonymous with higher crime sections.
Ok sorry, I did not mean to give the wrong impression. I feel ok walking a few blocks from at least couple projects around here. I go to church on the very edge of a project (really more low income public housing now). I live and work around downtown, it's very relatable to me so that was my point of reference.

Ok sorry, I did not mean to give the wrong impression. I feel ok walking a few blocks from at least couple projects around here. I go to church on the very edge of a project (really more low income public housing now). I live and work around downtown, it's very relatable to me so that was my point of reference.
New Orleans is a little different from most of the country in that way.

Tremendous article. Thanks for the link.
What a "great" picture, this will do more wonders for our world rep.

The United States of America is not for black people.
To ascribe this entirely to contempt for black men is to miss an essential variable, though—a very real, American fear of them. They—we—are inexplicably seen as a millions-strong army of potential killers, capable and cold enough that any single one could be a threat to a trained police officer in a bulletproof vest.
Come on.

What is great about it? Blacks have no place in America? What a ridiculous hyperbole. Then he goes on about the militarization of the police force which played zero role in this case. The cop appears to be a thug who unjustifiably murdered a black youth and should pay for it with life in prison. But this case is no where typical of what goes on in America.

To ascribe this entirely to contempt for black men is to miss an essential variable, though—a very real, American fear of them. They—we—are inexplicably seen as a millions-strong army of potential killers, capable and cold enough that any single one could be a threat to a trained police officer in a bulletproof vest.
Come on.
I understand why you might think that's overdramatic. But on the other hand can you come up with any other reasonable explanation as to why we tolerate white people walking around Wal-Marts with assault weapons while a black man gets gunned down for picking up a toy gun that was actually for sale in the store? Do you honestly think that if two black guys walked into a Chipotle with assault weapons they would have been greeted the same way as the white guys pictured in that link? Those are the examples used to support the statement that you edited out of the cut and paste above.

I'm a firm believer that the military is exactly what we need to put a stop to the violence in South Chicago and such....Nothing else has ever worked.
how about doing something to build a community and an environment where people don't keep growing up in the cycle of poverty creating a mindset that they've got nothing to lose when they commit crimes and do stupid ####?

Come on.
I understand why you might think that's overdramatic. But on the other hand can you come up with any other reasonable explanation as to why we tolerate white people walking around Wal-Marts with assault weapons while a black man gets gunned down for picking up a toy gun that was actually for sale in the store? Do you honestly think that if two black guys walked into a Chipotle with assault weapons they would have been greeted the same way as the white guys pictured in that link? Those are the examples used to support the statement that you edited out of the cut and paste above.
Yeah I saw that snippet as an example. And I think if you want a counter example I'd say try the ol' "Black Panthers stand menacingly outside voting booth in South Philly" meme.

http://kleinonline.wnd.com/files/2012/09/bp.jpg

Now take the Black Panthers walking into the suburban Ft. Worth voting booth or take the assault weapon carrying white 2nd Amendmenters and place them standing outside a south Philly urban restaurant and you'd probably get equal reactions.

I think we all know using a very pointed situation with great graphics used to generalize an extreme and unsupportable theme isn't reasonable.

Come on.
:shrug: The white guys pictured in the link where met with "anxiety and discomfort", and then with a new no-gun policy for the restaurant.

When a similar stunt/situation happened at a Jack in the Box restaurant (also done by a group of white guys), also in Texas, the employees barricaded themselves in the walk in freezer and called police, fearing they were being robbed.

So what are you suggesting the situation would have been in either case had the "demonstrators" been a different race?

Come on.
Yeah I saw that snippet as an example. And I think if you want a counter example I'd say try the ol' "Black Panthers stand menacingly outside voting booth in South Philly" meme.

Now take the Black Panthers walking into the suburban Ft. Worth voting booth or take the assault weapon carrying white 2nd Amendmenters and place them standing outside a Philly restaurant and you'd probably get equal reactions.

I think we all know using a very pointed situation with great graphics used to generalize an extreme and unsupportable theme isn't reasonable.
So your counterexample is that in some situations white people and black people would be perceived the same way? That's not much of a counterexample. The argument is that in many situations black people would be perceived as a threat, while white people doing the exact same thing would not. Saying that's not true in every situation is meaningless; nobody said that it was.

Also, that's the most strongly worded passage in the whole long article that is otherwise IMO very worthwhile and well done. You can dismiss the whole thing because you don't like a sentence if you want, but that seems like a waste to me.

Come on.
:shrug: The white guys pictured in the link where met with "anxiety and discomfort", and then with a new no-gun policy for the restaurant.

When a similar stunt/situation happened at a Jack in the Box restaurant (also done by a group of white guys), also in Texas, the employees barricaded themselves in the walk in freezer and called police, fearing they were being robbed.

So what are you suggesting the situation would have been in either case had the "demonstrators" been a different race?
I'm not just saying it, the article contains evidence of it. A black man who picked up a toy gun at a Wal-Mart was shot; white people paraded around Wal-Marts with real assault weapons and were left alone.

Come on.

Now take the Black Panthers walking into the suburban Ft. Worth voting booth or take the assault weapon carrying white 2nd Amendmenters and place them standing outside a Philly restaurant and you'd probably get equal reactions.

So your counterexample is that in some situations white people and black people would be perceived the same way? That's not much of a counterexample. The argument is that in many situations black people would be perceived as a threat, while white people doing the exact same thing would not. Saying that's not true in every situation is meaningless; nobody said that it was.

Also, that's the most strongly worded passage in the whole long article that is otherwise IMO very worthwhile and well done. You can dismiss the whole thing because you don't like a sentence if you want, but that seems like a waste to me.
Tobias the perception is exactly what it's all about and more. - I live in a city where people are gunned down regularly, not one by one but in multiples, in public, even up to a score in some instances. By blacks. If black people were perceived as a "threat", if they were "feared", then there would be a very, real serious problem around here. Black people are not feared as described - "as a millions-strong army of potential killers, capable and cold enough that any single one could be a threat to a trained police officer in a bulletproof vest." And America is not "not for black people."

It is as strong or ridiculous as hyperbole as that word can get, in the classic Greek rhetorical sense, as a device meant to purposefully lead people to false conclusions. It is a leap off a step, off a flight of stairs, off a hill, off a canyon up to the moon. It is the worst kind of demagoguery. Not speaking of you, I'm speaking of the writer.

I'm not just saying it, the article contains evidence of it. A black man who picked up a toy gun at a Wal-Mart was shot; white people paraded around Wal-Marts with real assault weapons and were left alone.
One was in Beavercreek, Ohio at a Wal-Mart. The other was in Texas, at a restaurant. These weren't at the same place with the same people at all. And I also wouldn't call the folks at the restaurant barricading themselves in the freezer and calling the cops for fear of being robbed "not being perceived as a threat" as you said two posts up.

Edit to add - Also, I wouldn't call a BB gun a "toy". Personally, when I hear "toy gun" I think of a plastic multicolored or even a water gun type toy. A BB gun is a bit more serious. Also, witnesses in 911 calls claim they thought he was in the process of "loading the gun". That case, which I knew nothing about until about 10 minutes ago, isn't nearly as cut and dry as the above linked article would like for it to be.

Come on.
2nd amendment do's and don'ts from the Daily Show

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/14muzr/2nd-amendment-manners-do-s-and-don-ts

Tobias the perception is exactly what it's all about and more. - I live in a city where people are gunned down regularly, not one by one but in multiples, in public, even up to a score in some instances. By blacks. If black people were perceived as a "threat", if they were "feared", then there would be a very, real serious problem around here. Black people are not feared as described - "as a millions-strong army of potential killers, capable and cold enough that any single one could be a threat to a trained police officer in a bulletproof vest." And America is not "not for black people."

It is as strong or ridiculous as hyperbole as that word can get, in the classic Greek rhetorical sense, as a device meant to purposefully lead people to false conclusions. It is a leap off a step, off a flight of stairs, off a hill, off a canyon up to the moon. It is the worst kind of demagoguery. Not speaking of you, I'm speaking of the writer.
The problems highlighted by the article are people being gunned down by law enforcement. Black people being killed by other black people in large numbers is totally irrelevant to the point that the article attempts to make. Do you honestly think law enforcement doesn't have a problem with its perception of the black community? There's three examples of black people who by all accounts presented no danger to the police (Brown, John Crawford, Eric Garner) being killed at the hands of police in the last month. Three deaths of unarmed black men presenting no threat at the hands of law enforcement in a single month. Do you honestly think any of them would be dead if they were white? If you honestly think so, we'll have to just agree to (strongly) disagree. But assuming you don't, isn't that a problem worth highlighting?

I agree that there's a small amount of needless hyperbole in the sentence you lifted, but I don't think it defeats the premise or detracts much from the overall effectiveness of the article.

Good to see you acknowledge the dangers of the police state for once.
The points about the militarization of our police forces is a good one and worrisome.
These incidents happen far more often than comes to the news media's "attention" too. If not for the looting, a thread about this probably doesn't make a page.

One was in Beavercreek, Ohio at a Wal-Mart. The other was in Texas, at a restaurant. These weren't at the same place with the same people at all. And I also wouldn't call the folks at the restaurant barricading themselves in the freezer and calling the cops for fear of being robbed "not being perceived as a threat" as you said two posts up.

Edit to add - Also, I wouldn't call a BB gun a "toy". Personally, when I hear "toy gun" I think of a plastic multicolored or even a water gun type toy. A BB gun is a bit more serious. Also, witnesses in 911 calls claim they thought he was in the process of "loading the gun". That case, which I knew nothing about until about 10 minutes ago, isn't nearly as cut and dry as the above linked article would like for it to be.
I was contrasting the Wal-Mart example with the recent open carry demonstrations at Wal-Marts, not the Chipotle example.

The problems highlighted by the article are people being gunned down by law enforcement. Black people being killed by other black people in large numbers is totally irrelevant to the point that the article attempts to make. Do you honestly think law enforcement doesn't have a problem with its perception of the black community? There's three examples of black people who by all accounts presented no danger to the police being shot (Brown, John Crawford, Eric Garner) in the last month. Three deaths of unarmed black men presenting no threat at the hands of law enforcement in a single month. Do you honestly think any of them would be dead if they were white? If you honestly think so, we'll have to just agree to (strongly) disagree. But assuming you don't, isn't that a problem worth highlighting?

I agree that there's a small amount of needless hyperbole in the sentence you lifted, but I don't think it defeats the premise or detracts much from the overall effectiveness of the article.
I agree let's get past it, I raised it to Tim because frankly I think the statements as conclusions of the incidents raised were outrageous.

However I do indeed see the incidents raised. I can tell you here during Katrina we had a mentally handicapped black teen crossing a bridge with his family, he was shot, killed, he and his dad were walking across the bridge to his father's dentist office to get provisions.

Also during Katrina a black man seeking help was killed by police apparently for no one knows what reason, his body was burned in his car behind a levee. Again a coverup.

Tobias, let me tell you something: local politics is UGLY in some places. The death, the corruption. In a small town like that? What do people do about it? When do they stand up in their own home town? Do they run for office? Do they demand transparency? Look in your own backyard. Do something damnit. These are real issues, but people love to talk and write about them, but it is freaking scarey, mean, bad work confronting it. It is not always about race, it is often about corruption and money.

If what they say is true in Ferguson, they ought to go digging, at the bottom of that dark, nasty woodpile there is probably money. Racism just helps keep the lights out.

The problems highlighted by the article are people being gunned down by law enforcement. Black people being killed by other black people in large numbers is totally irrelevant to the point that the article attempts to make. Do you honestly think law enforcement doesn't have a problem with its perception of the black community? There's three examples of black people who by all accounts presented no danger to the police being shot (Brown, John Crawford, Eric Garner) in the last month. Three deaths of unarmed black men presenting no threat at the hands of law enforcement in a single month. Do you honestly think any of them would be dead if they were white? If you honestly think so, we'll have to just agree to (strongly) disagree. But assuming you don't, isn't that a problem worth highlighting?

I agree let's get past it, I raised it to Tim because frankly I think the statements as conclusions of the incidents raised were outrageous.

However I do indeed see the incidents raised. I can tell you here during Katrina we had a mentally handicapped black teen crossing a bridge with his family, he was shot, killed, he and his dad were walking across the bridge to his father's dentist office to get provisions.

Also during Katrina a black man seeking help was killed by police apparently for no one knows what reason, his body was burned in his car behind a levee. Again a coverup.

Tobias, let me tell you something: local politics is UGLY in some places. The death, the corruption. In a small town like that? What do people do about it? When do they stand up in their own home town? Do they run for office? Do they demand transparency? Look in your own backyard. Do something damnit. These are real issues, but people love to talk and write about them, but it is freaking scarey, mean, bad work confronting it. It is not always about race, it is often about corruption and money.

If what they say is true in Ferguson, they ought to go digging, at the bottom of that dark, nasty woodpile there is probably money. Racism just helps keep the lights out.
Your points are well taken here. However, much of the recent militarization has been driven by federal agencies such as the DHS. Not local governments.

Your points are well taken here. However, much of the recent militarization has been driven by federal agencies such as the DHS. Not local governments.
Ok I agree - but that's a different point entirely. This sht with police corruption and intimidation of the poor and minorities goes back to the age of the billy club.

Users who are viewing this thread