What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is Allen Hurns? (2 Viewers)

One Day Later: Hurns expected to be fine......

Injury Updates

Starting wide receiver Allen Hurns injured his foot on the final play of the game on Sunday. An X-ray revealed that everything looked normal and he is expected to be fine.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/sports/2015/11/09/jacksonville-jaguars-monday-injury-report-gus-bradley/75467400/?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

:thumbup:
Well that was the news Sunday night then it was followed up with him in a boot on monday expressing concern. I might have to drop him in a short bench league for Diggs.

Hurns, who sprained his left foot against the Jets on Sunday, was sporting a walking boot Monday, the Associated Press reports. "It's kind of tender right now," he said. "I'm not sure how it will play out...but it's going to take an awful lot for me not to be out there. I'll fight through anything to make sure I'm out there."

Couple things here:

A walking boot is not in and of itself a reason for alarm. It's a protective measure, and quite common with foot/ankle injuries, even minor ones.

And ARob is ranked higher than Hurns because he has more talent and gets more targets. Also, Hurns has a TD in six straight games, which is rare for any receiver.

Couple things here:

A walking boot is not in and of itself a reason for alarm. It's a protective measure, and quite common with foot/ankle injuries, even minor ones.

And ARob is ranked higher than Hurns because he has more talent and gets more targets. Also, Hurns has a TD in six straight games, which is rare for any receiver.
I hate stuff like this. Are we supposed to bench him because he's scored six weeks in a row? Not criticizing you, just :wall: .

One Day Later: Hurns expected to be fine......

Injury Updates

Starting wide receiver Allen Hurns injured his foot on the final play of the game on Sunday. An X-ray revealed that everything looked normal and he is expected to be fine.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/sports/2015/11/09/jacksonville-jaguars-monday-injury-report-gus-bradley/75467400/?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

:thumbup:
Well that was the news Sunday night then it was followed up with him in a boot on monday expressing concern. I might have to drop him in a short bench league for Diggs.

Hurns, who sprained his left foot against the Jets on Sunday, was sporting a walking boot Monday, the Associated Press reports. "It's kind of tender right now," he said. "I'm not sure how it will play out...but it's going to take an awful lot for me not to be out there. I'll fight through anything to make sure I'm out there."
“I was a little worried, but it’s nothing serious,’’ he said. “We’ll take it day by day and see how it goes. I think I’ll be fine.’’
Diggs vs Hurns is a different question. I think most owners will wait for the practice report today, I'm guessing he'll be a DNP/limited/Questionable but it sounds like he'll be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
@HaysCarlyon: Allen Hurns says he's out of boot, believes he will play Sunday but foot is still an issue. #Jaguars

If hes out of the boot already Id say thats a good sign. He'll probably be held out of practice. We will see about Friday's practice. That matchup is a great one. Hope he plays.

ARob & Hurns are the first WR duo to log 600+ yards and 6 TDs each through 8 games since 2007. Last to do it was Moss & Welker.

Should get the nod.

Allen Hurns | JAC

(November 15, 2015 8:31 AM EST)

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Allen Hurns (foot) is "expected to go" Sunday against the Ravens.

Hurns suffered a sprained foot in Week 9 and it remains to be seen if the injury will compromise his effectiveness. But if Hurns is anything close to full health, he should be in for a big afternoon against a Ravens secondary that has struggled mightily throughout the year. Hurns has gone over 100 yards in three of his last five games and will certainly be in the mix as a WR2 this week.

SOURCE: IAN RAPOPORT ON TWITTER

Allen Hurns | JAC

(November 15, 2015 10:01 AM EST)

ESPN's Adam Schefter said Allen Hurns will test out his injured foot before Sunday's game against the Ravens, but the Jaguars remain "mindful" of their Thursday game against the Titans.

The Jaguars aren't going to make a playoff push this year and it might be in their best interest to play it safe with Hurns. The second-year wideout has already established himself as an ironman and would obviously play if the choice was up to him. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Hurns is still expected to play but we won't know for sure until inactives are posted about an hour and a half before the game.

SOURCE: ADAM SCHEFTER ON TWITTER

That's tough for owners of Hurns and Bortles. Does anyone have thoughts on whether the Jags see Lee as good enough to start instead of Hurns, if they decide to play it safe by sitting Hurns?

Jaguars.com senior writer:

John Oehser @JohnOehser

WR Allen Hurns' visit to a doctor in Philadelphia was scheduled before Sunday and not an injury sustained against Baltimore. #Jaguars

Ryan O'Halloran@ryanohalloran 1m1 minute ago
Hearing surgery for sports hernia for Hurns could be an option. If so, would be out 4-6 weeks. #Jaguars
If he has been playing through it and scoring a TD in 7 straight games why would he get surgery now?
that's what Im thinking wait a few more weeks til season is over then get surgery in offseason. That's usually when players get little surgeries and clean ups, not in the middle of the season when the team is battling for playoff spot. I hope this is just That overblown news and nothing comes of this because Hurns looked great yesterday

He's been playing w/ this for weeks... I'd be surprised if he opted for surgery at this point. I think we're fine for RoS. :fingerscrossed:

Ryan O'Halloran@ryanohalloran 1m1 minute ago
Hearing surgery for sports hernia for Hurns could be an option. If so, would be out 4-6 weeks. #Jaguars
#### I Hope not just traded AROB, C. WEST for Landry/Hurns. Looked good last week as got me desperation win. WHY THIS???? any updates on Hurns as this wold completely destroy my season.
And I assume that you already know about Landry's MRI scheduled for today?
Are you trying to be funny? there is no reports surfaced yet that I see about any kind of MRI for Jarvis Landry. What are you referring to Bud?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread