Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Otis

When do we go in and wipe out ISIS?

After watching this, who wants to side with and identify with these monsters?

People who've had innocent family and friends killed by drones?

How does a Jordanian pilot or a Japanese reporter figure into that?

You think the Jordanian pilot wasn't on the side of the people with the drones?

Why, do you? He's on the side of Jordan.

What they are fighting for is extremely important, they want to reshape the world, no rights, none, this is pure ideology.

And Jordan is taking part in US led coalition air strikes. This isn't difficult.

This post seems to hint at sympathizing with ISIS

no it doesnt. it answers matuskis question

Go #### yourself.

• Like 5

#BREAKING Jordanian aircraft bombed the Mosul IS`s capital &killed Prince of Nineveh Abu-Obida AL-Tunisian & 55 others

can anyone confirm?

This would be bananas.

I can confirm its not true

Go #### yourself.

Go back to your isis meeting
  • Like 1

Go #### yourself.

Walk away from this one, you're doing yourself no good with this line of discussion.

I don't understand the whole drone argument. How are they different than jets dropping bombs?

they're the same. just more droney.

I don't understand the whole drone argument. How are they different than jets dropping bombs?

Well, that's kind of my point. People complain because drones are dropping bombs. But, oddly, there was no where near the outrage when it was planes dropping the bombs. Just seems odd. :shrug:

I don't understand how this helps them.

The same mentality who wants to join a gang - its about power and belonging.

"Guys, I got a gang where we kill anyone we want, make tons of money, and we tell everyone what to do."

"Man, that's sounds crazy, not sure if I want to join something like that."

<pulls out Koran>

"No, no, no, we're an Islamic gang - it says everything is ok in this book"

"Oh, sounds great then, sign me up!"

Fair enough, but these videos are clearly professionally done and made to appeal to... who? A tiny minority of families whose loved ones were killed by drones? They would appear to have a larger audience in mind.

Edited by matuski

Well, that's kind of my point. People complain because drones are dropping bombs. But, oddly, there was no where near the outrage when it was planes dropping the bombs. Just seems odd. :shrug:

bombs is bombs.

I agree with you. I'm trying to remember what the John Oliver bit on drones was about... but I think it summed why people are *more* upset.

Fair enough, but these videos are clearly professionally done and made to appeal to... who? A tiny minority of families whose loved ones were killed by drones? They would appear to have a larger audience in mind.

Same way we all rallied against terrorism after 9/11. And continue to rally whenever something bad happens overseas. Many of us are not directly affected, but it gives us all a common enemy.

In many peoples minds, we're the aggressor sticking our nose in their business. We accidentally kill an innocent and it just ratchets up the anger

Edited by Bucky86

I find drones rather cowardly myself.

Go #### yourself.

IMO, the people saying stuff like "These guys are nothing but brutal, murderous animals and I can't wait to see how brutally we murder them" are showing a lot more sympathy for ISIS, although they may not realize it.

Same way we all rallied against terrorism after 9/11. And continue to rally whenever something bad happens overseas. Many of us are not directly affected, but it gives us all a common enemy.

In many peoples minds, we're the aggressor sticking our nose in their business. We accidentally kill an innocent and it just ratchets up the anger

Right.. and you think showing yourself burning a man alive accomplishes this?

Pretty much the same without downed pilots to BBQ.

I'm not saying it's right.

Would you have this same reaction if you saw Osama Bin Laden getting his head blown off?

For anyone that would actually join their cause, this is probably something they enjoyed watching.

Why? :confused:

I don't get this- drones are being piloted by somebody... just remotely. is the remote part of it cowardly to you? you'd rather the risk of human life to make it less cowardly? end result for those on the ground is still explosions

• Like 1

I don't get this- drones are being piloted by somebody... just remotely. is the remote part of it cowardly to you? you'd rather the risk of human life to make it less cowardly? end result for those on the ground is still explosions

It's almost like saying that guns are cowardly, because knives are available.

Go #### yourself.

Good god.......really?

If you think of war as a contest to determine whose cause is the more virtuous by a display of courage and valor in fighting for it, then yes, drones are cowardly. That's a really antiquated and backwards view of what war is, though.

• Like 1

whatever happened to sticks and stones? I was taught that they can break your bones. :shrug:

whatever happened to sticks and stones? I was taught that they can break your bones. :shrug:

Stones? Coward. Real men use words.

Just watched it. Wish I hadn't. Most disgusting thing I've ever seen.Going to stop this post before I say what I really think and probably offend some.

Probably a good idea given some of your earlier comments :thumbup:

A lot of sensitive ####### on here.

Go #### yourself.

He's no terrorist. Just an #######.

Go #### yourself.

he's' answering a question, not backing the idea.

astonishing how knee-jerk some people can be... like trying to figure out what makes these insane people tick is somehow conspiring with them.

Go #### yourself.

astonishing how knee-jerk some people can be... like trying to figure out what makes these insane people tick is somehow conspiring with them.

TERRORIST!

Go #### yourself.

Walk away from this one, you're doing yourself no good with this line of discussion.
Neither is UH.

Curious how everyone thinks ISIS should be dealt with. Obviously a fairly passionate topic, but of these, which is your preferred method?

• Boots on Ground
  • Drone Bombing
  • Leave the ME and let them deal with this mess
  • Other (specify)

I used to be between Boots on Ground/Drone Bombing, but I am moving more towards just leaving at this point. Drone Bombing won't accomplish anything, so it is Boots or leave IMO.

Go #### yourself.

Everybody is wired different. I just can't understand that people that can see this stuff and have no anger. They just want to know "why".

Like I said I've got a hot temper and that pissed me off.

Sickening. Thing is, does any coalition have the will to really try to stop it.

Go #### yourself.

Neither is UH.

I answered a the question with a legitimate answer as others have confirmed. Aligning me in any way, shape or form with these animals is bull####.

Go #### yourself.

Everybody is wired different. I just can't understand that people that can see this stuff and have no anger. They just want to know "why".

:confused:

he gave an answer to a question.

I'd bet top dollar UH was angry and disgusted by what happened.

for me- the only way to begin to "solve" this thing is to try to understand why... otherwise other nutjobs will slot in for the old/bombed nutjobs.

Curious how everyone thinks ISIS should be dealt with. Obviously a fairly passionate topic, but of these, which is your preferred method?

• Boots on Ground
  • Drone Bombing
  • Leave the ME and let them deal with this mess
  • Other (specify)

I used to be between Boots on Ground/Drone Bombing, but I am moving more towards just leaving at this point. Drone Bombing won't accomplish anything, so it is Boots or leave IMO.

I'm pretty much in the camp that we leave the ME be, while providing back-up (air support, etc..) to our closest allies in the region. Obama gets a lot of criticism for pulling out of Iraq, but I think the spread of ISIS throughout the ME has helped countries like Jordan and Saudi Arabia realize that they may be next. The Jordanian pilot being burned may be the best thing that could happen to the region. It woke up the country of Jordan and united them against ISIS. How long are we supposed to have ground forces fighting in this region? Our military cannot completely eradicate terrorism. We can chase them out, but they will return with time.

Go #### yourself.

You've got no clue about how I feel on this.

Go #### yourself.

You've got no clue about how I feel on this.

YOU'RE EITHER WITH US, OR AGAINST US, PAL! GO AMERICA!

In addition to winning followers (and power) these kinds of acts are also designed to goad the western powers into military action, which mostly results in developing even more enmity in the Middle East for us. Rarely has going in with high-tech guns blasting served us particularly well since 1945.

In addition to winning followers (and power) these kinds of acts are also designed to goad the western powers into military action, which mostly results in developing even more enmity in the Middle East for us. Rarely has going in with high-tech guns blasting served us particularly well since 1945.

your sig :lol:

Go #### yourself.

I think most people have anger, But that does not mean you don't try to figure out how/why something happened, so you can best figure out how to prevent it. Admittedly somethings you can't fix/correct/prevent.

People want Terrorism to be Gonorrhea that there is some finite solution to.

They're more like herpes or aids, which need to be lived with.

Americans always want to DO SOMETHING. It's going to me managed and lived with. Not solved.

• Like 3

Don't watch the video its brutal. Jordan said they would execute all Isis prisoners if their pilot was killed. Let's see if that happens.

It wasn't that brutal. I can't imagine what he want through, but it didn't look like he suffered that long, though a bullet through the brain would have been better for him.

Do you mean this in like the "hey in the grand scheme of the universe, we're only here for a fraction of a blink of an eye" type way?

I'm not saying it's right.

Would you have this same reaction if you saw Osama Bin Laden getting his head blown off?

For anyone that would actually join their cause, this is probably something they enjoyed watching.

Their "cause" is not to stop the US from doing drone strikes.

We, as a society/country do not have the stomach to deal with ISIS. Which is sort of odd, given our history.

The "easy" solution would be to treat the middle east the same way we treated the native americans. Just kick them the #### out of their lands. Draw up some territorial bull####, and put each of the various groups into their own reservation. No more mixing and matching. Just one long trail of tears.

It might take just 1 strategic placed nuclear bomb to get everyone motivated, but think of the millions of lives that would save in the long-run.

We might also need to simply flatten Jerusalem and Mecca - sure it'll ruffle a few feathers, but seriously, if God created the entire planet, I doubt He is too worried about a couple of "sacred" locations on the whole planet.

We, as a society/country do not have the stomach to deal with ISIS. Which is sort of odd, given our history.

The "easy" solution would be to treat the middle east the same way we treated the native americans. Just kick them the #### out of their lands. Draw up some territorial bull####, and put each of the various groups into their own reservation. No more mixing and matching. Just one long trail of tears.

It might take just 1 strategic placed nuclear bomb to get everyone motivated, but think of the millions of lives that would save in the long-run.

We might also need to simply flatten Jerusalem and Mecca - sure it'll ruffle a few feathers, but seriously, if God created the entire planet, I doubt He is too worried about a couple of "sacred" locations on the whole planet.

YEAH. GENOCIDE!

AGAIN!

Go #### yourself.

somethings you can't fix/correct/prevent.

And this bull#### is one of them.

Don't watch the video its brutal. Jordan said they would execute all Isis prisoners if their pilot was killed. Let's see if that happens.

It wasn't that brutal. I can't imagine what he want through, but it didn't look like he suffered that long, though a bullet through the brain would have been better for him.

Do you mean this in like the "hey in the grand scheme of the universe, we're only here for a fraction of a blink of an eye" type way?

I was quite surprised at how calm he was. Once that flame hit me I think I would be slamming against that cage like a wild bull.