What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we? (4 Viewers)

It has been pretty much downhill since he stiffed that waitress and the receipt went viral. I think that event gets overlooked in this discussion far too much.
Karma is a #####
It has been pretty much downhill since he stiffed that waitress and the receipt went viral. I think that event gets overlooked in this discussion far too much.
Karma is a #####
where's that f'in waitress i will give here a hundred bucks to remove her gypsy curse from my dawg

just traded mccoy for josh gordon
Wow.....that's an amazing haul.
For who?

Could easily see this one going either way and if its a keeper/dynasty trade, I'm not super excited about taking on a guy that can't seem to keep his hands off a joint for 6 months at a time. The past is the past and I get that (so maybe that doesn't matter to keeper/dynasty traders).
redraft.

one of those trades that's probably good for both teams. i was weaker at WR and the team that traded gordon was pretty weak at RB.

For who?

Could easily see this one going either way and if its a keeper/dynasty trade, I'm not super excited about taking on a guy that can't seem to keep his hands off a joint for 6 months at a time. The past is the past and I get that (so maybe that doesn't matter to keeper/dynasty traders).
redraft.

one of those trades that's probably good for both teams. i was weaker at WR and the team that traded gordon was pretty weak at RB.
yeah, always nice to have a win/win

For who? Could easily see this one going either way and if its a keeper/dynasty trade, I'm not super excited about taking on a guy that can't seem to keep his hands off a joint for 6 months at a time. The past is the past and I get that (so maybe that doesn't matter to keeper/dynasty traders).
redraft.one of those trades that's probably good for both teams. i was weaker at WR and the team that traded gordon was pretty weak at RB.
Then the RB needy team wasn't really helped by this trade.

Yep I'm majorly bummed about Shady & I don't see a reason for optimism unless they all of a sudden start giving him 5+ targets/game plus GL touches

I have a feeling this thread is going to end up with egg on its face.

I just have a feeling Shady is going to win some people some playoff games.

For who? Could easily see this one going either way and if its a keeper/dynasty trade, I'm not super excited about taking on a guy that can't seem to keep his hands off a joint for 6 months at a time. The past is the past and I get that (so maybe that doesn't matter to keeper/dynasty traders).
redraft.one of those trades that's probably good for both teams. i was weaker at WR and the team that traded gordon was pretty weak at RB.
As a Gordon owner who's stacked at receiver I tried to do the same trade...even threw in Peterson but no dice. Redraft.

So let me get this straight....

-- RB in his prime. Just turned 26

-- Has a history of great production. Career 4.7 ypc

-- Seems healthy and has played the entire year

-- Highest scoring team in the NFC

-- 2nd most carries in the league

But somehow he's only produced as RB17?! Seems like the perfect buy low to me.

I'm fairly concerned but it seems like doing so poorly in primetime on Monday has totally crushed perception of him. His high draft day price is making it seem even worse, seems like people can't shake that when they evaluate his performance. His previous four games were solid yards with no TDs, pretty much what Justin Forsett has done most of the year if you play non-PPR.

I traded for him and don't have my hopes up at all for 2011/2013 Lesean the rest of the way, but if he can get to the pace of weeks 6-9 and mix in a few TDs, that's plenty useful. He looked really bad vs the Panthers but in all fairness that game went off the rails quickly.

The thing is, anyone holding him isn't sniffing the playoffs. If he goes off during the playoffs for someone, it's because a playoff team bought low and Shady finally shows up for a week or two.

The thing is, anyone holding him isn't sniffing the playoffs. If he goes off during the playoffs for someone, it's because a playoff team bought low and Shady finally shows up for a week or two.
So many factors that go into a good or bad season. Hard to make this blanket statement. I hit with Ingram and Bradshaw at the 8/9 turn. Forsett for some guys on waivers. Shoelace..on down the line.

Now, I hope he produces like an RB2 down the stretch to turn a playoff berth into a title.

Because of vastly different keeper rules, I bought Shady in one league and sold him in another; both teams are out of contention.

The league where I sold him is an auction league. I spent $77 of my $250 cap on him and he would be $96 to keep next year. So I sent him and Olsen to a contender for J. Thomas ($12 to keep next year) and Wheaton.

The league where I bought him is essentially a dynasty for studs and a redraft for everyone else. You can keep two veterans and one guy who was a rookie the previous year for the same round they were drafted/kept the previous year. So a guy can be kept by the same team in the same round for his entire career if so desired. I traded Forte, who would cost a first rounder to keep next year, to a contender for Shady, who would cost a fifth rounder to keep next year, plus a fifth round pick.

Not sure if that is common. In every league I am in, the shady owner is in strong contention (top4 record).

I think the bigger question will be if the playoff teams have the guts to start him.

So let me get this straight....

-- RB in his prime. Just turned 26

-- Has a history of great production. Career 4.7 ypc

-- Seems healthy and has played the entire year

-- Highest scoring team in the NFC

-- 2nd most carries in the league

But somehow he's only produced as RB17?! Seems like the perfect buy low to me.
When I see supporting facts like that it makes me think that the skewing factor is TDs, which can be fluky for ANY player (remember when Calvin got 5 and 6 a couple of times?). So, in other words, the only thing holding him out of being a weekly dominating player is a TD on a given week.

I like those chances. Give me the 12 points every week and I will live with it and if I strike that 1 or 2 td performance in the playoffs, the mo better. You know its going to happen. There WILL be a week somewhere in this season where he gets 2 or 3 TDs combined.

In my league's .5 PPR scoring Shady is averaging 9.83 ppg which is .5 more than Cody Parkey.

Yeah Lack of TDs is an issue, however, given how he's used I'm not sure there's reason to expect an uptick. Plus, they no longer throw to the RBs

He is having a down year and I'm not sure why other than thinking he is bothered by his foot that there was some concern with earlier this year. If you're out of it, I would hold as his value should go up in the off season when optimism reigns supreme, lol. Why sell low unless you think this is his future. I don't. Like a poster mentioned, he is a buy low not a sell low.

I just traded for McCoy my thought process was that he's the only stud running back left anyone would be willing to part with. Nobody is going to give up the Murray or even Leveon Bell. McCoy has not played like a stud this year but we know he has the potential. To win the title, I need a boost at RB. It's a gamble, but I'm playing to win it all.

I just moved Ellington and a 2015 3rd for him in a 10tm ppr dynasty league. Thought process was that he's only a year older and the slump HAS to end. As mentioned above, he's the only stud rb you're going to pry away right now at a decent price. I'll take the rb2 numbers in the meantime. The upside is enormous

I just moved Ellington and a 2015 3rd for him in a 10tm ppr dynasty league. Thought process was that he's only a year older and the slump HAS to end. As mentioned above, he's the only stud rb you're going to pry away right now at a decent price. I'll take the rb2 numbers in the meantime. The upside is enormous
In redraft, he's the only RB you can get at any price. RB is so thin and WR so deep that nobody can afford to move a RB1. McCoy is the only shot you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks sluggish. Residual effects of his heavy workload last season? That would be my guess. He is a talented player so not ruling him out of getting it going but I also believe if he does not start performing better Chip might serve us up another shocking off season roster move.

He looks sluggish. Residual effects of his heavy workload last season? That would be my guess. He is a talented player so not ruling him out of getting it going but I also believe if he does not start performing better Chip might serve us up another shocking off season roster move.
Maybe but he is certainly young enough that workload shouldn't be an issue yet.

His cap number is almost 12 million next year. Good draft for RB's. Chip just cut a guy coming off a Pro Bowl season (albeit, there were other reasons). I don't think it's that crazy. If he's just a product of having an elite o-line last year, then he's not worth that much money and a combo of Sproles/Polk/rookie RB should be fine.

I spent $250 of my $400 salary cap for McCoy & Murray in my quasi dynasty/keeper league. I keep putting him in the lineup waiting/hoping he'll go off....hopefully for the playoffs.

I have enough other studs where I can afford to lose a few points at his spot in the lineup, but if I didn't it would be pretty hard to keep him in the lineup.

####ty feeling, but I benched him this week in favor of Ingram and Vereen.
Are you ready for the suffering?
Been dealing with it all season with Mccoy in my lineup every week with one of Ingram, Stacy, Mason, Vereen, Robinson on my bench.I like Ingram and Vereen's situations this week and Mccoy's usage on MNF with Sproles back was disgusting to watch.
I have been guided by luck this year so I believe McCoy is about to go HAM.

Been dealing with it all season with Mccoy in my lineup every week with one of Ingram, Stacy, Mason, Vereen, Robinson on my bench.

I like Ingram and Vereen's situations this week and Mccoy's usage on MNF with Sproles back was disgusting to watch.
Sproles saw 9 offensive snaps. Polk saw 15.

I dont like his usage. His play is average for him, but when he gets the ball it is STILL on plays with no momentum where he has no chance.

Also not used in the pass game at all.

Very worried. I dont see him leading anyone to a title this year, but good enough to be in 95% of lineups.

20th rb in my league since week 5. 23rd on season. I guess he needs to be in most lineups but I don't see much to indicate he's about to take off, much less lead teams to a championship. :shrug:

20th rb in my league since week 5. 23rd on season. I guess he needs to be in most lineups but I don't see much to indicate he's about to take off, much less lead teams to a championship. :shrug:
Yeah, he has sucked, but who else is there to tie your redraft hopes to?

Been dealing with it all season with Mccoy in my lineup every week with one of Ingram, Stacy, Mason, Vereen, Robinson on my bench.I like Ingram and Vereen's situations this week and Mccoy's usage on MNF with Sproles back was disgusting to watch.
Sproles saw 9 offensive snaps. Polk saw 15.
I was talking about specifically Mccoy not producing very much, for one reason or another, and them pulling Mccoy from the lineup all but one time I saw when in the red zone. Don't throw him the ball, fine. Give him a mountain of #### touches, also fine. Take him out for sproles inside the 10, time to panic.

The technical term for this phenomenon is "wishful thinking."

Was it wishful thinking when a ragtag group of soldiers crossed the Delaware and over threw an evil king? Was it wishful thinking when Columbus got into the Santa Maria and sailed across the ocean blue? Was it wishful thinking when someone thought, maybe I can hack JLaws iCloud and she will have hundreds of nude photos?

Was it wishful thinking when a ragtag group of soldiers crossed the Delaware and over threw an evil king? Was it wishful thinking when Columbus got into the Santa Maria and sailed across the ocean blue? Was it wishful thinking when someone thought, maybe I can hack JLaws iCloud and she will have hundreds of nude photos?
That gets me excited

A lot of the articles out there are saying his schedule will get better and results should follow. This is RW's latest take:

The Panthers sold out to stop Philadelphia's running game on Monday Night Football in Week 10, holding LeSean McCoy to a 12-19-1 rushing line and Chris Polk and Darren Sproles to a combined 6-19. Shady didn't help himself by dropping two passes, but was the victim of constant backfield penetration. Carolina dared Sanchez to beat them and beat them he did, so I wouldn't expect forthcoming opponents to copy the Panthers' approach. McCoy entered Week 10 averaging 5.29 YPC over his previous three games. He remains a legitimate RB1 play against Green Bay's bottom-three run defense. ... --Evan Silva, Matchups
and in the RW Wk 11 roundtable about FF playoff impact makers.

The first guy who comes to mind for me is LeSean McCoy. I know he had a rough Week 10 in a favorable matchup, but he's still averaging 4.66 yards per carry over his past four games. That offense is looking reinvigorated with Mark Sanchez under center, and beginning to resemble something close to full strength along the offensive line. Aside from the Seahawks in Week 14, Shady's schedule for the fantasy playoffs is not imposing. I think he's going to be a big-time case of "better late than never" for fantasy owners. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/50050/409/week-11-roundtable
So the question is: Is RW delusional or on to something? RW has been pimping LM as a buy low for a while. Then again they pushed Heath Miller for a while too before finally relenting.

Been beating this drum for awhile now on a couple other forums: Shady's volume of touches is not the problem. It's about the types of touches. Watch the plays in which he gets the ball. They touches seem to come out of a handful of running plays. Chip is using him to set up the passing game, and Shady isn't a part of that either. If you have "hope" for more fantasy production out of him, it'll be due to him either breaking off a handful of long TD runs, or a sudden/severe change in the plays called for him. It's not even about Sproles, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread