What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lesean McCoy? How concerned are we? (5 Viewers)

I suspect this is going to drag out beyond the 2018 season, unless something extremely incriminating surfaces. Consider how long it took the NFL to hand down a ruling on Winston. I think the shark move is to try and acquire McCoy on the cheap if you are close to contending. He likely represent strong value in redraft leagues as well. 

I suspect this is going to drag out beyond the 2018 season, unless something extremely incriminating surfaces. Consider how long it took the NFL to hand down a ruling on Winston. I think the shark move is to try and acquire McCoy on the cheap if you are close to contending. He likely represent strong value in redraft leagues as well. 
Lol, if this is hanging in the air there’s zero chance he plays. He’ll get the AP commishes discretion treatment. Only chance he has is she’s making this up and he can prove it. 

Lol, if this is hanging in the air there’s zero chance he plays. He’ll get the AP commishes discretion treatment. Only chance he has is she’s making this up and he can prove it. 
McCoy wasn’t the one who beat her and it’s speculation on her part that he sent the guy that did. McCoy shouldn’t have to prove she is lying. She should have to prove there is any basis to her claims that MCCoy sent in the guy to rob her.  

Totally different from the AP situation where there was no disputing he beat his kid. 

Last edited by a moderator:
McCoy wasn’t the one who beat her and it’s speculation on her part that he sent the guy that did. McCoy shouldn’t have to prove she is lying. She should have to prove there is any basis to her claims that MCCoy sent in the guy to rob her.  

Totally different from the AP situation where there was no disputing he beat his kid. 
Agreed. Honestly, maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm not seeing any real evidence that McCoy is even involved in any of this. Is it possible he "ordered the code red" so to speak? Yes, but right now I'm seeing McCoy as a guy who was nowhere near the area, and may have done absolutely nothing wrong. 

Peterson's case is irrelevant to this. That wasn't a multiple sided story, Peterson admitted what he did, almost instantly as I recall. 

I guess it could be somewhat similar to the Reuben Foster thing, but that had more evidence too, and Foster was already in Goodell's doghouse.

All they have on McCoy is a biased witness making claims that the victim herself(or her lawyer) said were false. Goodell has certainly handed out suspensions for less, but right now, again unless I'm missing something, there is a very realistic chance McCoy is playing week 1, and suffers no suspension whatsoever, unless somebody(victim's lawyer?) is sitting on something big.

Riiiiight. Well first I’d like to congratulate you on getting out of that coma. But yeah the nfl doesn’t work like that. 

Riiiiight. Well first I’d like to congratulate you on getting out of that coma. But yeah the nfl doesn’t work like that. 
Worked like that in the Rueben Foster case and he was actually accused of DV directly and the DA was convinced he did it.   No league suspension other than for the weed charge in Alabama. A lot of speculation that he would get 6 games similar to Elliott, but didn’t happen.  McCoys case is just a speculation on the part of the ex-girlfriend that he was somehow involved in sending this guy over to rob her.  Less evidence against him than Foster since he has had no physical contact with her for a couple months.  Unless they find the guy that robbed her and he rolls over on McCoy, NFL won’t do anything.  

Whole different issue  But you kinda comatose for stating such an opinion  The fact is that the NFL has shown to be non consistent on dealings with player suspensions/judgments  Basically, the NFL could in all fact hear some testimony resulting in a lifetime ban from the sport  OR  They could learn enough about the GF to not exactly care to implicate "Shady" for any wrongdoing  (Again NFL justice has little to nothing to do with court of law  Read: arbitrary at best perhaps quite whimsical) 

One theory: Because he was desperate to get the jewelry back and would have more trouble getting it back after she was evicted. 

I agree this whole thing doesn't make sense yet.
People keep saying the court date was the next day. That is not true. Even before the attack, the date had been pushed back a month. Maybe McCoy didn't want to pay for the jewelry for another month.  Maybe the jeweler didn't want to wait. I don't know. But the court date was NOT the next day.

From espn

Court records in Fulton County show McCoy had been attempting since last July to evict Cordon from the home. A hearing was scheduled for Tuesday in the case, but it was rescheduled to Aug. 14 because of an emergency in Cordon's attorney's family.

Here is one thing that doesn't add up for me (and someone please correct me if I have facts wrong).

There was no sign of forced entry.  The assailant was wearing a mask.  

Who opens the door to a person wearing a mask at 2 am?  

She is a woman (alone?) with someone (unknown or masked) knocking on her door in the early hours with expensive jewelry (apparently) in the house.  

Who opens that door to someone unknown?

Here is one thing that doesn't add up for me (and someone please correct me if I have facts wrong).

There was no sign of forced entry.  The assailant was wearing a mask.  

Who opens the door to a person wearing a mask at 2 am?  

She is a woman (alone?) with someone (unknown or masked) knocking on her door in the early hours with expensive jewelry (apparently) in the house.  

Who opens that door to someone unknown?
Has it come out that someone knocked on the door and she opened it? Maybe the door wasn’t locked. Maybe the assailant had a key.

Has it come out that someone knocked on the door and she opened it? Maybe the door wasn’t locked. Maybe the assaulant had a key.
"Has it come out that someone knocked on the door and she opened it? "

I have no idea.  Only read that there was no forced entry. 

"Maybe the door wasn’t locked."

A woman (alone?), middle of the night?  She doesn't lock the door? After the cameras are "removed"? Seems fishy. 

"Maybe the [assailant] had a key."

Then I would think there would be a direct link.  It would have to involve someone one of the two parties knew.  Nothing like that has come out as yet that I know of.     

Has it come out that someone knocked on the door and she opened it? Maybe the door wasn’t locked. Maybe the assaulant had a key.
No details on that yet, also no details on anything about Marcus Vick's son.  Open window with a bed sheet hanging down.  Didn't want to help his mother?

voiceofunreason said:
None of us knows what happened. Maybe Shady is a dbag and maybe he set it up. But CLEARLY the friend had an agenda and that was to ruin McCoy’s life with her IG post and litany of allegations. There really isn’t an argument against that. 

But the media and the general public have been carrying torches and pitchforks to tar and feather the guy ever since. I have posted multiple items that present McCoy in a better light and some things that might make her appear to be a bit on the emotional side at a mInimum. But the press has chosen to mostly ignore those things as of now. 

This is the early stages of what will be a prolonged investigation. All we really have is a couple of women who think he could have done something. Unless there is something that directly ties this to McCoy uncovered very soon, I don’t see the league taking action before training camp starts. And it’s only a few more weeks from then until the season starts. 

Like I already said, maybe they uncover stuff that McCoy was involved and then all of this debate will be irrelevant. But I think the media is playing judge, jury, and executioner in wanting to automatically stick McCoy on the exempt list.  Sure Goodell has had a confusing pattern of behavior in dealing with DV issues in the past, but after the Zeke case I think the league will be more cautious than over zealous moving forward. The fan backlash is that the league got that one wrong. 

voiceofunreason said:
Hmmm, I always thought the burden of proof is on the prosecution.  :shrug:

Given the Foster DV case, where the girl friend admitted to making up the charges I think the NFL may tread lightly. Suspending McCoy, even with pay, without convincing evidence seems to open the league up to a suit related to future earnings. 

Given the Foster DV case, where the girl friend admitted to making up the charges I think the NFL may tread lightly. Suspending McCoy, even with pay, without convincing evidence seems to open the league up to a suit related to future earnings. 
The NFL can and will suspend someone for even the appearance of impropriety without repercussion.  It'll take a new policy negotiated into the CBA to stop it.  A lawsuit would only cost McCoy more money.

The NFL can and will suspend someone for even the appearance of impropriety without repercussion.  It'll take a new policy negotiated into the CBA to stop it.  A lawsuit would only cost McCoy more money.
No disagreement with the bolded. The question is how long will the suspension be. Foster received a 2 game suspension for some pretty gross accusations, and I think his suspension was related to previous misbehavior. So the proposition is will McCoy get suspended for the entire season? Again, if the NFL has not suspended him when drafts roll around, and his value has tanked, he might be worth the risk based on potential reward. 

How did that go for Brady and Elliot? Have any of you guys turned on a tv the last three years? 

None of us knows what happened. Maybe Shady is a dbag and maybe he set it up. But CLEARLY the friend had an agenda and that was to ruin McCoy’s life with her IG post and litany of allegations. There really isn’t an argument against that. 

But the media and the general public have been carrying torches and pitchforks to tar and feather the guy ever since. I have posted multiple items that present McCoy in a better light and some things that might make her appear to be a bit on the emotional side at a mInimum. But the press has chosen to mostly ignore those things as of now. 

This is the early stages of what will be a prolonged investigation. All we really have is a couple of women who think he could have done something. Unless there is something that directly ties this to McCoy uncovered very soon, I don’t see the league taking action before training camp starts. And it’s only a few more weeks from then until the season starts. 

Like I already said, maybe they uncover stuff that McCoy was involved and then all of this debate will be irrelevant. But I think the media is playing judge, jury, and executioner in wanting to automatically stick McCoy on the exempt list.  Sure Goodell has had a confusing pattern of behavior in dealing with DV issues in the past, but after the Zeke case I think the league will be more cautious than over zealous moving forward. The fan backlash is that the league got that one wrong. 
Sigh...you know you are making my case for me right? The nfl worries about pr and no way is he stepping on the field if it looks like he might have done it. He better work on proving he didn’t.

It won't matter.  The NFL will come down hard on him, no matter what charges are dismissed.  They made an example out of Zeke, and they won't back down.
That's assuming he's been actually charged.  He hasn't been charged with anything, in that case yes the NFL can do something.  All that was said was by a friend of the victim that stated he did it, then changed her tune to he sent someone to do it.

It won't matter.  The NFL will come down hard on him, no matter what charges are dismissed.  They made an example out of Zeke, and they won't back down.
They made an example of Zeke almost to spite Jerry Jones in my opinion. I don't think that is relevant precedent. 

That's assuming he's been actually charged.  He hasn't been charged with anything, in that case yes the NFL can do something.  All that was said was by a friend of the victim that stated he did it, then changed her tune to he sent someone to do it.
I sure hope that's the case.  I'm in no means any expert in law or football, I'm just sick of the guilty even when innocent that's been going on.  People's lives get ruined by pissed of crazy ex's needs to have some consequences.

I sure hope that's the case.  I'm in no means any expert in law or football, I'm just sick of the guilty even when innocent that's been going on.  People's lives get ruined by pissed of crazy ex's needs to have some consequences.
Crazy #######s ruin the lives of their girlfriends at a far higher rate, and guilty in the eyes of NFL is a completely different standard than guilty in the eyes of the law.

Sigh...you know you are making my case for me right? The nfl worries about pr and no way is he stepping on the field if it looks like he might have done it. He better work on proving he didn’t.
From what has made it to the media so far, there is no evidence that McCoy did anything. The initial accusations didn't even come from the victim, they came from a friend. Since then, the victim's attorney has backed down and said her client is not sure if he was involved or not. The police to date have not presented anything to indicate that McCoy was involved.

Bills training camp starts in 10 days. IMO, if law enforcement doesn't have anything conclusive by then to tie things back to McCoy, IMO McCoy will be on the practice field when camp starts. As I posted pages ago, a league official said the investigation was just starting and the league would take a backseat and let the investigation progress. McCoy doesn't need to be charged for the league to act. As an example, if the police or the NFL finds electronic communication discussing the incident then that would be enough for the league to act, even if formal charges occur months later. But if there is nothing yet that leads to showing McCoy's involvement, I think the league sits by and bides their time.

People saying BUT LOOK AT ZEKE! are missing that the majority of people felt the league messed that one up tremendously. And the Reuben Foster case showed that people can flat out make up allegations. I am not so sure people are reading the P.R. landscape quite the same here.

Maybe McCoy was involved and when there is evidence to support that, the league will get involved. For now, all we can go on is what has been reported. That the police were at the same house multiple times with no evidence of DV or abuse. That there have been no other reports of abuse prior to that night (to law enforcement, schools, medical professionals, etc.). IIRC, the mother of his kid said there has been no child abuse involving their son. And at this point no one is really arguing that McCoy was in Florida at the time of the assault. It's basically a he said / she said . . . except he wasn't even there. I believe GF's attorney has said there was no abuse prior to the night in question. IMO, that's a big deal, as that rules out anything previous for people to investigate (in addition to making it less likely that McCoy was involved).

IMO, also noteworthy is that none of McCoy's other exes have come out of the woodwork to claim that they were also abused. If that happens, I think the league would then have enough to go on to say that there were multiple allegations and then they had to act. Like I said several times, all there really is right now is someone saying McCoy COULD HAVE done something.

The GF apparently packed up and moved out today. The irony will be if she took some of McCoy's stuff and that turns into its own court battle. (Remember, McCoy tried to move out a month or two ago and the GF called the police and blocked him from taking anything other than his clothing.)

From what has made it to the media so far, there is no evidence that McCoy did anything. The initial accusations didn't even come from the victim, they came from a friend. Since then, the victim's attorney has backed down and said her client is not sure if he was involved or not. The police to date have not presented anything to indicate that McCoy was involved.

Bills training camp starts in 10 days. IMO, if law enforcement doesn't have anything conclusive by then to tie things back to McCoy, IMO McCoy will be on the practice field when camp starts. As I posted pages ago, a league official said the investigation was just starting and the league would take a backseat and let the investigation progress. McCoy doesn't need to be charged for the league to act. As an example, if the police or the NFL finds electronic communication discussing the incident then that would be enough for the league to act, even if formal charges occur months later. But if there is nothing yet that leads to showing McCoy's involvement, I think the league sits by and bides their time.

People saying BUT LOOK AT ZEKE! are missing that the majority of people felt the league messed that one up tremendously. And the Reuben Foster case showed that people can flat out make up allegations. I am not so sure people are reading the P.R. landscape quite the same here.

Maybe McCoy was involved and when there is evidence to support that, the league will get involved. For now, all we can go on is what has been reported. That the police were at the same house multiple times with no evidence of DV or abuse. That there have been no other reports of abuse prior to that night (to law enforcement, schools, medical professionals, etc.). IIRC, the mother of his kid said there has been no child abuse involving their son. And at this point no one is really arguing that McCoy was in Florida at the time of the assault. It's basically a he said / she said . . . except he wasn't even there. I believe GF's attorney has said there was no abuse prior to the night in question. IMO, that's a big deal, as that rules out anything previous for people to investigate (in addition to making it less likely that McCoy was involved).

IMO, also noteworthy is that none of McCoy's other exes have come out of the woodwork to claim that they were also abused. If that happens, I think the league would then have enough to go on to say that there were multiple allegations and then they had to act. Like I said several times, all there really is right now is someone saying McCoy COULD HAVE done something.
I'm surprised, no other Ex's have piggy-backed onto the case with a "me too" It's a good sign for McCoy so far.  It also helps that all the cop records show any-time he called he was polite and asked how he can fix this situation with no problems.

He went at the top of round 7 in a 12-team draft on Sunday. That is looking like a probable steal right now. RB2 for a team that loaded up on WR's and Kelce.

I cannot imagine her story being true.

Its possible I guess McCoy is that stupid .... but IMO from what I've read, she's more apt to do the stupid here, not McCoy

I cannot imagine her story being true.

Its possible I guess McCoy is that stupid .... but IMO from what I've read, she's more apt to do the stupid here, not McCoy
I seem to remember Ray Carruth being even more stupid.  I definitely could see McCoy hiring someone to do this.  It will come out in the wash eventually, whether true or false.

What did he cost?  His value had already been dropping quite a bit before this new nonsense.
It's a contract dynasty so keep that in mind.

McCoy (1 year contract)
Tannehil (1 year contract)

for

Cam Newton (TBD 1-4 contract)
Devin Funchess (1 year contract)

I offered Newton for McCoy straight up and this is what he countered with.

Users who are viewing this thread