What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What did we learn in week 5? (1 Viewer)

I can't start Jordan Cameron again. He had a few big games last year and now is just a 2-4 catch and 30-40 yard per game player.

Further confirmation Shady McCoy is a flex play at best. 30 touches & couldn't even get 90 total yds.

Kyle Orton could be worth a roster spot in deeper leagues. Tons of weapons on this offense.

Went 308 yards and 1TD in his first game- did that without taking a single snap previous to this game. He should only get better with more practice reps.

He already has established a nice rapport with Sammy Watkins - 7 rec / 87 yards including an amazing catch to set up game winning FG. I have no doubt Watkins goes over 1000 yards with Orton in at QB.

1) Kelce is matchup proof.

2) Austin Davis is pretty good.

3) Kenny Britt is having a mini career revival.

4) Brian Quick is really good, and will prove to be one of the biggest draft day steals this year.

5) The saints got some problems...they can't get right.

6) Demaryius was a great buy low.

7) Jordy might end up being the top WR in all the land this year.

8) Jay Cutler is finally living up to his fantasy potential.

9) Vjax's demise was way overblown.

10) Kyle Orton just might make buffalo better...which is scary bc he's not really very good.

Detroit without their top 3 RBs, Calvin or a kicker is not a very good offense team. Tate's worth whatever price paid, though.

The league wide explosion of TEs seems to have been short lived. Still a bunch of good ones and some big weeks here and there, but nothing like the consistent domination we saw a few years ago.

Antonio Gates is the most frustrating player to own on the planet.
Everyone will start him next week and he'll do nothing.

Then when everyone has given up on him... 3 TD game on your bench.

You could own him the entire season and never see 75% of his actual production.

The Lions haven't learned that some routes are really bad ideas for Calvin Johnson. Hey dumbasses, they WILL go for his legs.

That this is one of the worst years for NFL in awhile. There are just so many brutal teams out there that make so many of these games unwatchable. Anytime the Jets, Jags, Raiders, Rams, Browns, Titans, Bucs, many more teams are involved in a matchup its going to suck to watch.

Too many bad QB's out there right now that suck the life out of teams.

That this is one of the worst years for NFL in awhile. There are just so many brutal teams out there that make so many of these games unwatchable. Anytime the Jets, Jags, Raiders, Rams, Browns, Titans, Bucs, many more teams are involved in a matchup its going to suck to watch.

Too many bad QB's out there right now that suck the life out of teams.
You're not watching a lot of these games then. The Rams, Browns, and Bucs have taken pretty good teams and either beat them or made them real tight games the last few weeks. Yeah they might not have big name QBs, but they can win football games any given Sunday. Frankly, I'm a fan of all 3 team's under-rated QBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Broncos are in trouble if Brandon McManus is their kicker in the playoffs.

Broncos can spin this however they want, but if this turns out to be a strictly financial decision, it's going to be one they regret in time. Only reason it'd be understandable is if there's more going on with Prater right now that's not been made public yet.

Broncos can spin this however they want, but if this turns out to be a strictly financial decision, it's going to be one they regret in time. Only reason it'd be understandable is if there's more going on with Prater right now that's not been made public yet.
Kid is 3 for 3. Yeah he hit the upright on the one he MADE today, but what have you seen to make you think he's worse than Prater?

4) Brian Quick is really good, and will prove to be one of the biggest draft day steals this year.

10) Kyle Orton just might make buffalo better...which is scary bc he's not really very good.
Kelce is matchup proof? I am looking at his stats and he has one really great game so far and bunch of games that are so, so....There are probably at least 15 TEs that are similar to him or better than him stat wise.

Kelce is matchup proof? I am looking at his stats and he has one really great game so far and bunch of games that are so, so....There are probably at least 15 TEs that are similar to him or better than him stat wise.
That is BC you are only looking at his stats. His usage was very sparing in the first 2-3 weeks. He has emerged as an every week start elite TE.

:goodposting: Any Denver fan will be holding their collective breath all year with his guy.

Shanked that 41 yarder but lucked out with the upright and nearly missed that XP. I believe Troy Aikman (I believe) said it best today "Not all games are going to be October games in Mile High". Seems inevitable this guy is going to cost them a game down the road.

Now just imagine if they signed Alex Henery instead.

That is BC you are only looking at his stats. His usage was very sparing in the first 2-3 weeks. He has emerged as an every week start elite TE.
:lol: What you are describing has a name and that name is not Travis Kelce. I have Greg Olsen and although I think he has done great so far, I would have a hard time calling him an every week start elite TE. Olsen is 10 x better than Kelce.

That Reggie Bush is no better than a bye week fill in.

And because of this I hope Belicheck is learning Vereen is the better back over Ridley.

Now just imagine if they signed Alex Henery instead.
:lol: Yeah it could be worse.

At least the Broncos gift wrapped Prater for the Lions. (assuming Prater has no other current off the field stuff -- that hasn't been publicly disclosed yet --that lead to his release in the first place)

This thread is a safe haven for venters and sensationalists.

Very little said in here was anything we learned this week.

I'll play though. The Pats demise is not what everyone claimed.

The Patriots are for real
Depends if they're able to beat Buffalo next week.

They'll be back in the driver's seat when they do... and they probably should.

Although the Bills are desperate and, if there's one thing about a team that's desperate, it's that they're motivated.

The demise of the Pats was definitely overblown but Brady's fall from grace wasn't. He's a shell of his former self.

Their defense remains top-tier, though. It just isn't Jamaal Charles-resistant.

SD is making a case for the being the best team in the AFC West possibly the entire AFC

Users who are viewing this thread