What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (4 Viewers)

I really hope they make it happen. As long as they don't have to mortgage this and/or next years' drafts, I'm on board.

Man, this is gonna be a looooooooooong day.
Gotta give up something to get something. I too wish we could stay at 20 and still get mariota but that's obviously not happening. If we don't want to mortgage our team, and you want to keep cox, then its going to cost us quite a few picks. If Chip pulls this off tonight I'm going to be very impressed.

For the record, Cox is now signed for 2 more years.

Assuming that he is still here after tonight, I think they do a new contract pretty soon. Or maybe in like October once the salary cap numbers for the year are more set and they have money they can use..
Nice... i don't know why I thought he only had 1 year left.

I'll be pissed if Cleveland somehow screws this up for Chip to get Mariota. I am still salty about how they won that damn NBA draft lottery last year and got Wiggins from the Sixers (though I love Embid too), but if Cleveland contributes to the Eagles not getting Chip's boy, I will not be sad if that city burns to the ground
Mariota being a top 5 talent and us picking 20 is what will "screw" us. IF Tennessee believes he is a franchise QB than not many teams will have enough to change their minds
just was mentioning if the Browns, who have been saying they want Bradford for awhile, would at the last minute decide they wouldn't want to make a deal. I am sure Tennessee and Chip started this conversation months ago, and I can imagine Chip basically said something along the line of "what do you need to trade that pick". I would think Chip has gone out and tried to get those pieces, and that is why the off-season was a little nutty. if that final piece is another 1st round pick, I am just not hoping he got this far and would not be able to make that last step
I just really don't see how Bradford makes the Browns better. If the Browns are the reason the Eagles did all this crazy #### this offseason, and have no intention of trading them a pick to get their deal done with Tenn, that would just be awesome. And Chip would deserve this for what he did to Cle.
What did he do to Cle?
http://deadspin.com/5973468/chip-kelly-to-the-browns-was-a-sure-thing-until-kelly-spent-nine-hours-eating-dinner-with-the-eagles-update

I just really don't see how Bradford makes the Browns better. If the Browns are the reason the Eagles did all this crazy #### this offseason, and have no intention of trading them a pick to get their deal done with Tenn, that would just be awesome. And Chip would deserve this for what he did to Cle.
Well, say what you will about Sam Bradford, but one thing is certain: If he goes to the Browns he is far and away the best QB on the team
Maybe. But not after he takes a few hits. Which he will certainly do if Cle trades away a first rounder for him. Cle needs to use one of their first 3 picks for Oline. Not QB.

I'm half expecting all this and the anticipation for tonight, that the Eagles trade down out of the first round and we sit twiddling our thumbs till tomorrow.

Having said that, if we could turn our 1st into something like a 2nd this year and 1 1st next year, that might be a great deal long term.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, Cox is now signed for 2 more years.

Assuming that he is still here after tonight, I think they do a new contract pretty soon. Or maybe in like October once the salary cap numbers for the year are more set and they have money they can use..
Nice... i don't know why I thought he only had 1 year left.
They just picked up his 5th-year option for 2016 on Tuesday, so that's why it's now 2 years.

I really hope they make it happen. As long as they don't have to mortgage this and/or next years' drafts, I'm on board.

Man, this is gonna be a looooooooooong day.
Gotta give up something to get something. I too wish we could stay at 20 and still get mariota but that's obviously not happening. If we don't want to mortgage our team, and you want to keep cox, then its going to cost us quite a few picks. If Chip pulls this off tonight I'm going to be very impressed.
Yeah I should have made it more clear, I would rather deal Cox/Kenricks/Boykin than give up a bunch of draft picks. (In addition to the assumed 2 1sts we will have this year) Love Cox and Kendricks, but if they don't have to mortgage future drafts to get it done I think you have to try and pull it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kendricks has the better shot to go.

I cant see Cox going anywhere for at least 5 more years
How come? Is it a guarantee that he signs with us in FA?
Assuming he continues to play up to his potential, yes. You cant chase your tail when you have a difference maker like him on the DL
I don't know, it's been beaten to death but Chip has shown he doesn't love guys he didn't pick himself so I can see him not wanting Cox around. Maybe he'll want him around, but he might not be joyous and throwing a massive deal at him like another team might.
It has been beaten to death and with Chip just coming into power there's probably 40 people that aren't "his guys"...I think its overthought at this point. I think you can rationalize every guy he got rid of and even Kendricks IMO. Cox seems like exactly what Chip wants in a player IMO

I'll be pissed if Cleveland somehow screws this up for Chip to get Mariota. I am still salty about how they won that damn NBA draft lottery last year and got Wiggins from the Sixers (though I love Embid too), but if Cleveland contributes to the Eagles not getting Chip's boy, I will not be sad if that city burns to the ground
:unsure:

The Eagles have hit on 2 of 10 first-round picks (Lito and Quick) when picking between #20-#32. And in the last 40 years, we've only hit on 10 first round draft picks, regardless of draft slot. Look at how we wasted last year's first rounder.

If you believe you're going to be in the 10-6 range and picking #20-#32 next year, I don't see giving up next year's first rounder as "mortgaging the future."

So I'm all for using it to try and get a potential big payoff in a franchise QB.

Chipper should be calling these bluffs in regards to trading up. If Chip stands pat...I think MM falls past 10 or so. The principles involved (TEN, CLE,NYJ)...all seem to making too much noise.

The Eagles have hit on 2 of 10 first-round picks (Lito and Quick) when picking between #20-#32. And in the last 40 years, we've only hit on 10 first round draft picks, regardless of draft slot. Look at how we wasted last year's first rounder.

If you believe you're going to be in the 10-6 range and picking #20-#32 next year, I don't see giving up next year's first rounder as "mortgaging the future."

So I'm all for using it to try and get a potential big payoff in a franchise QB.
The good ole, we aren't good at it so lets not try anymore philosophy? Lol

You touched on the real problem and its been bad drafting. The good NFL teams don't have a stretch that's this poor IMO. Also if you look at EVERY top QB in the league what do they all have in common? Their teams gave nothing to aquire them

Combining the latest rumors, the Eagles are trading Sam Bradford and Cole Hamels to Cleveland for #19 and an outfield prospect, then trading #19, #20, Mychal Kendricks, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Boykin, Vince Papale, 2015 3rd rounder, 2016 3rd rounder, the remains of Rocky Balboa’s turtles (Cuff and Link) the Love statue and a box of crusty street corner pretzels to the Titans for #2 and Mariota

Combining the latest rumors, the Eagles are trading Sam Bradford and Cole Hamels to Cleveland for #19 and an outfield prospect, then trading #19, #20, Mychal Kendricks, Fletcher Cox, Brandon Boykin, Vince Papale, 2015 3rd rounder, 2016 3rd rounder, the remains of Rocky Balboa’s turtles (Cuff and Link) the Love statue and a box of crusty street corner pretzels to the Titans for #2 and Mariota
no

Chipper should be calling these bluffs in regards to trading up. If Chip stands pat...I think MM falls past 10 or so. The principles involved (TEN, CLE,NYJ)...all seem to making too much noise.
If Tennessee passes he could slip to around there.
Don't think he slips that low. For three reasons:

1. No chance the Jets actually pass on him, do they?

2. Cleve might be willing to give up slightly less if he drops down to that spot to move up to 7 or 8.

3. More importantly, Do you not think Chip would be calling teams 5-8 like crazy if this were the case? I kind of wonder if that old rumour of us trading up to the jets could actually happen.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Titans are telling teams inquiring about the No. 2 overall pick that "it's going to take a HUGEEEE value to pry it away."

This is typical in the lead-up to the draft. By almost every account, the Titans seem poised to select Marcus Mariota if they're not blown away by a trade offer. The asking price could go down as the draft approaches, but probably not by much.

Is there ANY chance that we trade Bradford to the Browns without a MM deal in the works? Any chance by tomorrow, Sanchez is our starter? :S

2. Cleve might be willing to give up slightly less if he drops down to that spot to move up to 7 or 8.

3. More importantly, Do you not think Chip would be calling teams 5-8 like crazy if this were the case? I kind of wonder if that old rumour of us trading up to the jets could actually happen.
I actually said in the Mariota thread I believe that's all the Jets need and should go get him. Whether they will who knows...always hard to say.

I don't think Chip made any crazy calls, I know Im in the minority. He realized where Mariota would go and decided to get Bradford and probably hasn't seriously inquired about #2 since...or any other pick that would cost an arm and a leg.

This is a guy that is supposed to be super-smart yet we all think he'll do something stupid. When he said he wont mortgage the future for one guy I believed him :shrug:

I actually said in the Mariota thread I believe that's all the Jets need and should go get him. Whether they will who knows...always hard to say.

I don't think Chip made any crazy calls, I know Im in the minority. He realized where Mariota would go and decided to get Bradford and probably hasn't seriously inquired about #2 since...or any other pick that would cost an arm and a leg.

This is a guy that is supposed to be super-smart yet we all think he'll do something stupid. When he said he wont mortgage the future for one guy I believed him :shrug:
I think Chip is very smart... which is why I think he's got something up his sleeve here. There are numerous reports out today that the eagles are doing "all they can to move up for mariota". I don't think all of these are just media hype, and I think there's some backing to them. I'm not convinced we'll make a trade, but I doubt chip hasn't seriously inquired about #2.

I don't think it is going to cost as much as we think/fear it potentially could. If Tenn sees MM as a franchise QB, then they will expect a ton, and I trust that Chip won't give it up. If they don't see him as one, then when they're on the clock they will either pass on him, or take a much lesser deal. I think we are in a good spot and have the upper hand on tennessee here to show us their hand first.

Is there ANY chance that we trade Bradford to the Browns without a MM deal in the works? Any chance by tomorrow, Sanchez is our starter? :S
doubtful (unless they get itchy on a particular Wr and want both picks) and NO.
That wouldn't make sense... if we moved up to get a particular wr, it means dealing bradford to cleve. Lots of talk today about Bradford to Cleve so I'm just curious if that is 100% contingent on us making a 2nd trade to 2 for MM.

Mariota being a top 5 talent and us picking 20 is what will "screw" us. IF Tennessee believes he is a franchise QB than not many teams will have enough to change their minds
just was mentioning if the Browns, who have been saying they want Bradford for awhile, would at the last minute decide they wouldn't want to make a deal. I am sure Tennessee and Chip started this conversation months ago, and I can imagine Chip basically said something along the line of "what do you need to trade that pick". I would think Chip has gone out and tried to get those pieces, and that is why the off-season was a little nutty. if that final piece is another 1st round pick, I am just not hoping he got this far and would not be able to make that last step
FTR, I'm friends with a bunch of Browns fans, and according to them, the talk in Ohio is that the Browns have no interest in Bradford. Local reporters there are saying that ALL the Bradford to Cleveland talk is originating with the Eagles.

That doesn't seem quite right to me, but what does make sense would be Cleveland really wanting Mariota and sabotaging the Eagles. While working out a deal with the a Titans to move up, they also convince the Eagles that they have interest in Bradford. The Eagles almost HAVE to trade Bradford to get the ammo to trade up to #2, so they're stuck wasting their time putting their eggs in the Cleveland trade basket and aren't working the direct trade with the Titans angle as hard.

Who was it again that said they knew who Philly would take at 20 this year and was sealing their prediction until after the draft?

FTR, I'm friends with a bunch of Browns fans, and according to them, the talk in Ohio is that the Browns have no interest in Bradford. Local reporters there are saying that ALL the Bradford to Cleveland talk is originating with the Eagles.

That doesn't seem quite right to me, but what does make sense would be Cleveland really wanting Mariota and sabotaging the Eagles. While working out a deal with the a Titans to move up, they also convince the Eagles that they have interest in Bradford. The Eagles almost HAVE to trade Bradford to get the ammo to trade up to #2, so they're stuck wasting their time putting their eggs in the Cleveland trade basket and aren't working the direct trade with the Titans angle as hard.
Cleve can't sabotage Philly from getting MM. Tenn can, by saying no to the deal after they acquire that pick from Cleve for Bradford.

But if Tenn/Philly have a deal in place contingent on the Bradford for 19 trade, and Cleve pulls out, then Philly is in the same spot they were without the browns. They either give up other stuff, or don't get him. Tenn is the team that could really screw us if we make the cleve/bradford trade and then they say no and Sanchez is our starter.

Here's what I don't get. I'm fully convinced TEN knows right now if they are taking MM or not. Don't think it's a situation of "well we're on the fence. He COULD be the face of our franchise for the next 5+ years, but if we get a decent offer then we'll change our mind". But if they are trying to "up his trade value", and there is reports out right now that they are talking to 3-4 teams about trading for the #2 pick, then doesn't this mean they've decided he probably ISN"T the face of their franchise? Why would they be trying to get better offers if they knew he was their guy?

Makes me think they are unsure of him, and that a trade tonight is very very likely.

I think Chip is very smart... which is why I think he's got something up his sleeve here. There are numerous reports out today that the eagles are doing "all they can to move up for mariota". I don't think all of these are just media hype, and I think there's some backing to them. I'm not convinced we'll make a trade, but I doubt chip hasn't seriously inquired about #2.

I don't think it is going to cost as much as we think/fear it potentially could. If Tenn sees MM as a franchise QB, then they will expect a ton, and I trust that Chip won't give it up. If they don't see him as one, then when they're on the clock they will either pass on him, or take a much lesser deal. I think we are in a good spot and have the upper hand on tennessee here to show us their hand first.
I don't believe any of the reports and with us its too hard to. Chip wears all the hats now and he doesn't talk to anyone in the media. With that said how would they know a thing? One guy knows and I know he isn't saying anything. It's all stories IMO. I wouldn't be shocked to hear we never made an offer for #2

Here's what I don't get. I'm fully convinced TEN knows right now if they are taking MM or not. Don't think it's a situation of "well we're on the fence. He COULD be the face of our franchise for the next 5+ years, but if we get a decent offer then we'll change our mind". But if they are trying to "up his trade value", and there is reports out right now that they are talking to 3-4 teams about trading for the #2 pick, then doesn't this mean they've decided he probably ISN"T the face of their franchise? Why would they be trying to get better offers if they knew he was their guy?

Makes me think they are unsure of him, and that a trade tonight is very very likely.
Due diligence. It has to be done/

I don't believe any of the reports and with us its too hard to. Chip wears all the hats now and he doesn't talk to anyone in the media. With that said how would they know a thing? One guy knows and I know he isn't saying anything. It's all stories IMO. I wouldn't be shocked to hear we never made an offer for #2
But he has to talk to Tenn and they will talk to the media so that the price goes up.

Is Philly going to be ok if the Eagles don't get MM? Even I am getting to the point that if we don't draft MM it will be a huge let down.

jon007 said:
Is Philly going to be ok if the Eagles don't get MM? Even I am getting to the point that if we don't draft MM it will be a huge let down.
Funny....I'll be in meltdown if we spend a ton to move up for a darn QB

Bigboy10182000 said:
Deamon said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Deamon said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Thunderlips said:

That's what we will hear if they can't get a deal done, but that doesn't mean it's true. Like all coaches, Chip will lie if he needs to.

Users who are viewing this thread