What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (15 Viewers)

We are warming up.  The C25 plan has you walking 5min before and after your walk/jog intervals.

I'll have to google dynamic stretching and read a bit more about it.

We do have good shoes.  They feel great BTW, no blisters or foot issues.  I actually want to wear these things all day but I'm keeping them strictly for our runs.

As for ramping up, my wife and I have agreed that we're doing this together.  We move to the next week when the week we're on doesn't feel like it's killing us :) . Right now I think we're doing well enough to jump up next week.  If either of us struggle or have trouble finishing that last day of the week then we're just going to repeat that week.  Our mantra is take it slow but with absolute consistency.

Thanks for the info and all the great encouragement.
You guys are kicking ###. Keep going.  :thumbup:

Yeah, don't really ever nap. Doesn't ever seem to fit in with daily life. 

IDK...part of me thinks I should just try to do what I did last year because it worked out pretty well but the other part thinks I can put my time to better use by maximizing my overall fitness. Decisions...decisions...

18 week or 12 week? Is it better to start the schedule 18 weeks out or build the first 6 weeks at your own pace? Not sure I'll be ready to be follow some rigid plan in a month. 
I would definitely go with the 12 week plan

Take it with a grain of salt, since the person giving the advice here (me) hasn't trained specifically for one goal marathon for more than 12 weeks in at least 6 years. Before you guys chuckle, let me explain what I mean by that.

The last time I actually trained for more than 3 months with one specific marathon as my goal race was Boston 2010. I basically trained from December 2009 - April 2010 with just that race as my peak race. I made a lot of fitness gains, but I don't think my result reflected my fitness going into that race. The 3 marathons I ran in the next 2 years were all sort of "after thought" races where I was basically in peak half-marathon shape about 6-8 weeks out, tweaked my training for a few weeks and then ran the marathons. Then, I signed up for Boston 2013 and started training 4-5 months out, got hurt a month out and hobbled through that race. My last 3 peak marathons were all done on 6-12 weeks cycles, and I feel that if you are already running close to your "peak training weekly mileage" for your marathon, 8-12 weeks seems to be a sweet spot for most people for a few reasons:

1. Specific Marathon Training is Tough - You have long runs, long marathon paced runs, longer tempos, and in most plans even 1-2 medium long runs a week that takes 90-120 minutes. It's hard to go after it week after week for more than 2-3 months at a time.

2. Injury risk / Mental Burnout - These could be two separate things, but I find that a lot of times they actually are pretty closely related. I feel like the longer your training cycle is, the more likely either (or both) of these factors pop up. Due to a combination of cumulative fatigue, real life obligations (family/jobs/etc...), and other factors, the longer the training cycle is the more you have to battle one of these things becoming a distraction.

3. "The best runners in the world do it" - This is perhaps a lame argument, but sometimes when I do things in training I look at what faster runners are doing and think "if it's working for them, maybe it will work for me too". (of course, when it comes to training volume / paces, those need to be adjusted). In 2011, after two of his Kenyan runners had head turning performances at major marathons (Moses Mosop with his 2:03:06 at Boston and Abel Kirui winning the world championships that summer), Italian coach Renato Canova posted some samples of the training these two runners did leading up to their marathons, as well as a lot of his thoughts on marathon training. This actually led to a lot of 2:15-2:30 type Americans copying various bits of their training. One of the main things that one of my friends and I took away from his posts were that "you may have to train a few months to a few years to run a good marathon, but you only do specific marathon work for about 6-10 weeks before the marathon".  What that means if that you have to take months or even years to build the aerobic/muscular systems needed to finish/race a marathon, but once you have the foundations set, you only really need a few weeks doing stuff like tempo runs, marathon paced runs, (some) interval workouts, long runs targeting your goal race. If you are training already, a lot of those elements should already be in your weekly training anyways.

So anyways, that was longer than intended and it's probably not applicable to everyone. However, I think in your case, especially if you don't feel like you want to start follow a schedule in a month, is to just take a few weeks to build up your mileage before doing a 12 week schedule. You can obviously feel free to insert a tempo run, a shorter marathon paced run or even a long run in there when you feel like it, as that can only help you be ready for the 12-week phase once you get there as long as you don't overdo those sessions. Think of it as a 6-week "preseason" where you don't really have much of a mental pressure to stick to a rigid schedule.

I'd love to get some input from those who have followed me on Strava on a plan for a 10/16 marathon. Reading the posts above "winging it" for a while before jumping in to a structured plan is appealing but not sure I'm at a point base-wise where I can afford to do that. 

After a couple of lighter weeks following Boston I've averaged 40M/week for the last four. Would continuing what I've been doing, building towards 50M weeks by the end of July, then 10 weeks on a plan (18/55?) starting in August sound reasonable? 

I would definitely go with the 12 week plan

Take it with a grain of salt, since the person giving the advice here (me) hasn't trained specifically for one goal marathon for more than 12 weeks in at least 6 years. Before you guys chuckle, let me explain what I mean by that.

The last time I actually trained for more than 3 months with one specific marathon as my goal race was Boston 2010. I basically trained from December 2009 - April 2010 with just that race as my peak race. I made a lot of fitness gains, but I don't think my result reflected my fitness going into that race. The 3 marathons I ran in the next 2 years were all sort of "after thought" races where I was basically in peak half-marathon shape about 6-8 weeks out, tweaked my training for a few weeks and then ran the marathons. Then, I signed up for Boston 2013 and started training 4-5 months out, got hurt a month out and hobbled through that race. My last 3 peak marathons were all done on 6-12 weeks cycles, and I feel that if you are already running close to your "peak training weekly mileage" for your marathon, 8-12 weeks seems to be a sweet spot for most people for a few reasons:

1. Specific Marathon Training is Tough - You have long runs, long marathon paced runs, longer tempos, and in most plans even 1-2 medium long runs a week that takes 90-120 minutes. It's hard to go after it week after week for more than 2-3 months at a time.

2. Injury risk / Mental Burnout - These could be two separate things, but I find that a lot of times they actually are pretty closely related. I feel like the longer your training cycle is, the more likely either (or both) of these factors pop up. Due to a combination of cumulative fatigue, real life obligations (family/jobs/etc...), and other factors, the longer the training cycle is the more you have to battle one of these things becoming a distraction.

3. "The best runners in the world do it" - This is perhaps a lame argument, but sometimes when I do things in training I look at what faster runners are doing and think "if it's working for them, maybe it will work for me too". (of course, when it comes to training volume / paces, those need to be adjusted). In 2011, after two of his Kenyan runners had head turning performances at major marathons (Moses Mosop with his 2:03:06 at Boston and Abel Kirui winning the world championships that summer), Italian coach Renato Canova posted some samples of the training these two runners did leading up to their marathons, as well as a lot of his thoughts on marathon training. This actually led to a lot of 2:15-2:30 type Americans copying various bits of their training. One of the main things that one of my friends and I took away from his posts were that "you may have to train a few months to a few years to run a good marathon, but you only do specific marathon work for about 6-10 weeks before the marathon".  What that means if that you have to take months or even years to build the aerobic/muscular systems needed to finish/race a marathon, but once you have the foundations set, you only really need a few weeks doing stuff like tempo runs, marathon paced runs, (some) interval workouts, long runs targeting your goal race. If you are training already, a lot of those elements should already be in your weekly training anyways.

So anyways, that was longer than intended and it's probably not applicable to everyone. However, I think in your case, especially if you don't feel like you want to start follow a schedule in a month, is to just take a few weeks to build up your mileage before doing a 12 week schedule. You can obviously feel free to insert a tempo run, a shorter marathon paced run or even a long run in there when you feel like it, as that can only help you be ready for the 12-week phase once you get there as long as you don't overdo those sessions. Think of it as a 6-week "preseason" where you don't really have much of a mental pressure to stick to a rigid schedule.
:goodposting:  Appreciate it, @SteveC702

Pretty nice having a world class runner as reference in here.  :thumbup:

Excellent post Steve, I think this is key:

I feel that if you are already running close to your "peak training weekly mileage" for your marathon, 8-12 weeks seems to be a sweet spot for most people for a few reasons
It can be the difference between surviving or thriving during the specific marathon training.  I have had success doing the last 12 weeks of an 18 week plan in the past, but this cycle I think I am going to go with the full 18 weeks.

1)      I have only followed the full 18 week schedule once and I had my biggest marathon PR.  I am trying to replicate last year’s success as much as possible, just adding a few more miles.

2)      Typically in Sept I run a half marathon and have my fantasy football draft, this typically causes me to have 2 less than optimal training weeks.  If I did the 12 week plan with 2 less than optimal weeks and if you include the taper the number quality training weeks starts to get small.   

3)      To prevent burnout I try do the type of training that I enjoy the most, running at an easy pace.  I limit the number of weeks in which I run quality workouts to 30 (12 in the spring and 18 in the Fall).  

Your post got me thinking and the fact that I feel like I may have peaked 3 weeks before the marathon last year, I might need to consider cutting my plan to 15 weeks. 

I'd love to get some input from those who have followed me on Strava on a plan for a 10/16 marathon. Reading the posts above "winging it" for a while before jumping in to a structured plan is appealing but not sure I'm at a point base-wise where I can afford to do that. 

After a couple of lighter weeks following Boston I've averaged 40M/week for the last four. Would continuing what I've been doing, building towards 50M weeks by the end of July, then 10 weeks on a plan (18/55?) starting in August sound reasonable? 
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. I mean, hell...you just ran Boston not too long ago. I think you can afford to take some time before you get right back to a training plan. Plus, it should only take 3 weeks or so to go from 40 to 50. You're golden IMO. 

I don't know how many of you follow Greg McMillan, but this morning I was thinking about this:

For you Fall marathoners today starts that 2nd training phase.
I'd appreciate some guidance on how to balance pre-training for a marathon in December (figure I'll start training 12-16 weeks out, so the start of September) with tri-training.  Seems like it should be an easy call - run slightly more than I would if the only goals were the Oly and sprint tris, but what have you all experienced?  What worked and what didn't?  I love riding (and swimming) in the summer, so much better than running with the wind, but I need to be ready for a hard training run cycle in September.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. I mean, hell...you just ran Boston not too long ago. I think you can afford to take some time before you get right back to a training plan. Plus, it should only take 3 weeks or so to go from 40 to 50. You're golden IMO. 
Yup, totally agreed.

This sounds reasonable to me, keep trying to buildup that mileage. Don’t be afraid to slow down a bit if necessary.  You tend to train kind of fast, not that there anything wrong with that see Juxt.  I just don’t think you are aiming for a sub 3:10 marathon quite yet.

Current Strava Totals for year:

Nigel 818 miles 8:09

Hang10 926.5 8:06

pbm107 1,186 8:01

Juxt 1,243 7:25 

You’re primed to have a breakout performance in the marathon, stay healthy and build the mileage up. 

This sounds reasonable to me, keep trying to buildup that mileage. Don’t be afraid to slow down a bit if necessary.  You tend to train kind of fast, not that there anything wrong with that see Juxt.  I just don’t think you are aiming for a sub 3:10 marathon quite yet.

You’re primed to have a breakout performance in the marathon, stay healthy and build the mileage up. 
Interesting. How'd you get those stats? 

1,301.6 / 3:01  :boxing:   ;)  

seriously though, that's cool to see.  We knew Juxt was fast but consistently fast is something else.  

just for kicks, our legendary-buddy Steve is at 2353.5 miles and if my math is right, only 10 seconds per mile faster than Juxt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone's individual page shows yearly mileage totals and time totals.  I wish it showed pace, I had to calculate it.
HA! I love it. 

C'mon, I know you have a spreadsheet with our training paces and how that correlates to our marathon PRs. :popcorn:

Oh there is a spreadsheet and @MAC_32 must have messed up one or more of his manual entries because I know his average pace isn't really 8:25.
@MAC_32 is a freak...not in a bad way. I've been thinking lately that he'd be better off just doing what he's doing and not doing a conventional marathon plan. 

But I do find the pace at which people train to be one of the more fascinating aspects of strava. Probably mostly because my average training run is to the slow end of most the people I follow. On the other hand, Steve is the gold standard on there and here and based on his race paces, he runs pretty slowly on average. Obviously, he's not running slow but I guess he averages between 7:00-7:20 pace usually when he's not doing a workout. That's over 2 minutes slower than his half marathon pace! That's some serious restraint IMO. 

I think I'm generally 90 seconds to 2 minutes slower than my half pace. 

Cool, I was kind of dreading jump into a plan mid-June, hadn't considered that it might not be necessary. Thanks for the input guys.

You're right pbm about me maybe wanting to slow down. I've been a little better with it lately, yesterday's 6@8:47 an example where I made a conscious effort to go easy.  A lot of times in the morning it comes down to time, and I almost always opt for a faster pace so I can squeeze an extra mile in. I should just get up ten minutes earlier and slow down. 

Cool, I was kind of dreading jump into a plan mid-June, hadn't considered that it might not be necessary. Thanks for the input guys.

You're right pbm about me maybe wanting to slow down. I've been a little better with it lately, yesterday's 6@8:47 an example where I made a conscious effort to go easy.  A lot of times in the morning it comes down to time, and I almost always opt for a faster pace so I can squeeze an extra mile in. I should just get up ten minutes earlier and slow down. 
Really, you (and me) should just run for time and not distance. That's really the best way to do easy miles.  Now, I'll confess that I don't really do that but I should. Definitely the best way not to be in a rush and you'll get the same amount of work in even as you get fitter. After all, your body doesn't know distance...it knows intensity and duration.

Training this way makes even more sense in the summer heat. 

think my Garmin might be nearing the end of its useful life

went for a quick 4 last night. felt good so i tried running quickly without sucking wind too hard. usually i'm a casual 9:15 - 9:30 runner. know what it feels like, pretty good at maintaining a regular pace over time. last night i was pushing it a little, checking the watch periodically for pace, and it consistently was around 8:40. felt right. i was definitely moving quicker than my normal casual pace.

finished at the 4 mile beep, checked the watch,  38 minutes  :blink:

either i hallucinated and lost time or the watch is fritzing. pretty certain that it has been off on other runs lately but i have been trying not to check time all that closely.. only distance. few times lately when i've looked at the pace something felt off but i hadn't thought much of it until last night.

do not want to spend money on a new one :hot:

Obviously, he's not running slow but I guess he averages between 7:00-7:20 pace usually when he's not doing a workout. That's over 2 minutes slower than his half marathon pace! That's some serious restraint IMO.
I consider it a good day when I can run sub-7:40s. I don't think I have run sub-7:20s on an easy run (outside of taper week) in a few months.

Hang 10 said:
@MAC_32 is a freak...not in a bad way. I've been thinking lately that he'd be better off just doing what he's doing and not doing a conventional marathon plan. 
I probably will and will probably make a mistake or five. It's what I do. Which is cool as long as I learn from them. It's probably a good thing, but I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. I want to see how my body handles the increased miles the next 3-5 weeks then make a plan. Pfitz will be heavily referenced, I'm just not sure if it'll be 55 or 70. 

SteveC702 said:
I consider it a good day when I can run sub-7:40s. I don't think I have run sub-7:20s on an easy run (outside of taper week) in a few months.
I stand corrected. So closer to 2 1/2 minutes slower than HM pace. Damn.

I probably will and will probably make a mistake or five. It's what I do. Which is cool as long as I learn from them. It's probably a good thing, but I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. I want to see how my body handles the increased miles the next 3-5 weeks then make a plan. Pfitz will be heavily referenced, I'm just not sure if it'll be 55 or 70. 
I'm pretty confident that you could BQ peaking around 60ish miles a week. You might be better to go with Pfitz 70 and just scale it down. That's basically what I did.

pbm107 said:
Oh there is a spreadsheet and @MAC_32 must have messed up one or more of his manual entries because I know his average pace isn't really 8:25.
Erroneous manual entries...accidentally leaving it on while doing my mid-run gym work...accidentally leaving it on for hiking...trail runs...group trail runs...snow/ice...snow/ice on trails...looks like a lot of reasons went into that! 

I don't think I had many oddities in May aside from my track coaching curiosity and that came out to 8:02 including the coaching day. Curious what June will look like.

SteveC702 said:
Hang 10 said:
Obviously, he's not running slow but I guess he averages between 7:00-7:20 pace usually when he's not doing a workout. That's over 2 minutes slower than his half marathon pace! That's some serious restraint IMO.
I often think of your running when I'm contemplating pacing/effort during a mundane MLR.  Still after 5+ years I battle with wanting to press every run.  Knowing you run so far below your race efforts usually does the trick.

On the topic of pace on runs, unless I'm doing a planned speed, tempo or race pace run, I never go out with the idea that I'll run at a certain pace.  Although I'm far from perfect with this, I normally just settle in at the pace that would seem annoying to go slower but not easy to go faster.  That pace varies from day to day due to many reasons -- fatigue from other runs, weather, mood, sleep, stress. etc. Heart rate is tied to this but there's variations there too. 

I'm personally convinced that there is something to this.  My hunch is trying to follow how my body feels works better in my training than trying to use my mind to override my body.

Let's talk about 1 mile races. There's one coming up here next weekend. I'm intrigued but I've done ZERO speedwork the past 10 weeks. I think I'd be happy with anything <5:30 

If that was my goal, I would think that maybe it would be smart to go out at 5:30ish pace for the first 800m and then see how much I have left for the 2nd half. Thoughts? 

Let's talk about 1 mile races. There's one coming up here next weekend. I'm intrigued but I've done ZERO speedwork the past 10 weeks. I think I'd be happy with anything <5:30 

If that was my goal, I would think that maybe it would be smart to go out at 5:30ish pace for the first 800m and then see how much I have left for the 2nd half. Thoughts? 
First off - go for it!  The mile is so much fun, especially if you have some competition.  

Second - 5:30 is setting the bar pretty low for you.  Sure you could use some speedwork to get your body accustomed to that effort level and maybe shave a little time off, but I'll bet you still run a lot faster than 5:30.  Hell I ran 5:12 17 days after my last marathon.

Third - There's only 1 strategy.  Hammer the start and just hold on!  You'll be surprised at how fast the race is over with.  I'll bet big money if you go out in 2:15 over the first half that you'll leave some time on the course.

First off - go for it!  The mile is so much fun, especially if you have some competition.  

Second - 5:30 is setting the bar pretty low for you.  Sure you could use some speedwork to get your body accustomed to that effort level and maybe shave a little time off, but I'll bet you still run a lot faster than 5:30.  Hell I ran 5:12 17 days after my last marathon.

Third - There's only 1 strategy.  Hammer the start and just hold on!  You'll be surprised at how fast the race is over with.  I'll bet big money if you go out in 2:15 over the first half that you'll leave some time on the course.
I think you mean 2:45 Not sure I can run an 800 in 2:15!  :oldunsure:

I'm planning on doing 6 x 400 in my run today and I'll really try to hammer the last one to get an idea of what might be realistic. 

@Hang 10  Thinking about it, you might want to try running a 800 at that 5:30 pace today.  I think you should have time to recover and an 800 should give you a much better idea of what you can handle than a 400.

On the topic of pace on runs, unless I'm doing a planned speed, tempo or race pace run, I never go out with the idea that I'll run at a certain pace.  Although I'm far from perfect with this, I normally just settle in at the pace that would seem annoying to go slower but not easy to go faster.  That pace varies from day to day due to many reasons -- fatigue from other runs, weather, mood, sleep, stress. etc. Heart rate is tied to this but there's variations there too. 

I'm personally convinced that there is something to this.  My hunch is trying to follow how my body feels works better in my training than trying to use my mind to override my body.
:goodposting:

I still have a bad habit of kicking it up a notch late in some of these runs, but this is how I've approached these types of runs the last couple months, recovery too.  I had a recovery run this morning and the pace came out to 9:22 whereas recently I've had similar effort runs pacing 8:17 and 8:37.  On the heels of back-to-back hard run days, my first early morning recovery run, I ate poorly yesterday, slept poorly last night, and it was really ####### humid.  I was taken aback a bit with just how relatively slow this morning's trot was, but after thinking about it - made sense.  Product of listening to my body though.  Knowing this was a recovery run my body told me it would no longer be a recovery if I went any faster, so I listened.

I think you mean 2:45 Not sure I can run an 800 in 2:15!  :oldunsure:

I'm planning on doing 6 x 400 in my run today and I'll really try to hammer the last one to get an idea of what might be realistic. 
:lol:  poor fat finger job by me.  Yes, 2:45!  2:15 would be a killer all out 800!!  Hmmmmmm, I wonder if we could pull off a 2:15 on the track??  

I agree with Juxt - if you want to run a few intervals to find out where you're at - the 800 would be a better measuring stick.  Just don't burn too many matches...

@Hang 10  Thinking about it, you might want to try running a 800 at that 5:30 pace today.  I think you should have time to recover and an 800 should give you a much better idea of what you can handle than a 400.
I like this approach.  A test 800 will give you a better idea where you are with your speed while not burning you out for the actual race.  I think you can go out harder than 5:30, but better to test it out first.  If you get done and are feeling any better than wanting to yak then I think you can go out faster.  That yak feeling shouldn't hit until the 1200 mark.

Okay so I'm glad that's over with...

Always fun to plan speed work when the SI is 150. HR was high as hell today but I tried to ignore it and just get the work done. Decided to go with the plan and do my 6 x 400 but added 1 x 800 for you guys.

I planned on keeping my pace under control for the first 4 x 400 and then open it up a bit for the last 2. The course I chose for the 400's ended up being a hair long so here's how the splits broke down:

1 - 5:49 Pace

2 - 5:36 Pace

3 - 5:42 Pace

4 - 5:30 Pace

5 - 4:51 Pace

6 - 4:43 Pace (Strava had this as my 400 PR in 1:09...not sure I've ever run one that fast)

Recovered and then jogged back to the boardwalk for the 800. Ran the 800 in 2:38. Was pretty pleased with that as I didn't feel like it was all out...close but considering the previous intervals, not bad.

The funny thing about the workout was how bad my math is...for some reason before the workout I was thinking that a 1:15 400 was a 5:30 pace and after I ran a little over a quarter in 1:16 I thought that rep was slower than goal pace. Boy did I feel relieved when I realized that it was actually sub 5 minute pace. So in conclusion, I'm not very bright but in decent shape.  :doh:  

Okay so I'm glad that's over with...

Always fun to plan speed work when the SI is 150. HR was high as hell today but I tried to ignore it and just get the work done. Decided to go with the plan and do my 6 x 400 but added 1 x 800 for you guys.

I planned on keeping my pace under control for the first 4 x 400 and then open it up a bit for the last 2. The course I chose for the 400's ended up being a hair long so here's how the splits broke down:

1 - 5:49 Pace

2 - 5:36 Pace

3 - 5:42 Pace

4 - 5:30 Pace

5 - 4:51 Pace

6 - 4:43 Pace (Strava had this my 400 PR in 1:09...not sure I've ever run one that fast)

Recovered and then jogged back to the boardwalk for the 800. Ran the 800 in 2:38. Was pretty pleased with that as I didn't feel like it was all out...close but considering the previous intervals, not bad.

The funny thing about the workout was how bad my math is...for some reason before the workout I was thinking that a 1:15 400 was a 5:30 pace and after I ran a little over a quarter in 1:16 I thought that rep was slower than goal pace. Boy did I feel relieved when I realized that it was actually sub 5 minute pace. So in conclusion, I'm not very bright but in decent shape.  :doh:  
Yeah, after that workout, I'm sure you'll finish well under 5:30....maybe even under 5:15.

:lol:

Honestly, I was serious that I'd be happy with anything under 5:30...I still feel that way. Mcmillan's calculator says based on my 5K PR earlier this year I'm looking at a 5:19. That's probably close. I would be stoked with that time. It wouldn't kill me if I felt left a little meat on the bone. I just want to put a # out there. My previous PR is 5:42 and I did that a couple years ago doing repeats. 

:lol:

Honestly, I was serious that I'd be happy with anything under 5:30...I still feel that way. Mcmillan's calculator says based on my 5K PR earlier this year I'm looking at a 5:19. That's probably close. I would be stoked with that time. It wouldn't kill me if I felt left a little meat on the bone. I just want to put a # out there. My previous PR is 5:42 and I did that a couple years ago doing repeats. 
You're selling yourself way short.

5:10

You're selling yourself way short.

5:10
The would be amazing. Hopefully there will be some solid runners to pace off of. 

An interesting thing about this race is that it's run on a track. I think most you guys ran your miles in road races. 

Ha! It did seem weird that you were trying to give me a pep talk into beating your PR.  :D
Ehh, you're a far better athlete than I am.  I'd rather see you guys hit your potential.  Even though it does slightly piss me off that every single one of your PRs are a shade better than mine. :hot: :hifive:  

I once had a dream of hanging with @pbm107, but the had to get all serious on me and start putting down some insane volume. 

The would be amazing. Hopefully there will be some solid runners to pace off of. 

An interesting thing about this race is that it's run on a track. I think most you guys ran your miles in road races. 
Oh man!!!! - get serious about this and buy yourself some spikes.  

Believe it or not, my course was slightly uphill. ;)  

Ehh, you're a far better athlete than I am.  I'd rather see you guys hit your potential.  Even though it does slightly piss me off that every single one of your PRs are a shade better than mine. :hot: :hifive:  

I once had a dream of hanging with @pbm107, but the had to get all serious on me and start putting down some insane volume. 
Yeah I am hoping @Hang 10 just raises the bar a little bit and we have something to shoot for in the Fall.

My highest mileage week or month probably isn't much different from yours, I have just been more consistent the past year and half. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Dude, don't sell yourself short...5:12 means you got some serious wheels and we don't even train for this short stuff! 

It is funny because I can tell most the guys in here are competitive as hell. I like see everyone do well but it does sting a bit when they outshine me. But in the end, it's actually a great thing. You guys push me. I hope that I push you guys as well. We're going farther and faster together for sure. 

Dude, don't sell yourself short...5:12 means you got some serious wheels and we don't even train for this short stuff! 

It is funny because I can tell most the guys in here are competitive as hell. I like see everyone do well but it does sting a bit when they outshine me. But in the end, it's actually a great thing. You guys push me. I hope that I push you guys as well. We're going farther and faster together for sure. 
True.  It'd be a different story if we were running at the same race. 

Users who are viewing this thread