What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2023 Pro Cycling Thread*** - The Vuelta will be a Primoz, Vigo, G, Remco mosh pit (1 Viewer)

OVERALL
I've just got to keep stretching that lead in case Vingegaard gets back on top.
Overall Rank: 163 of 18885 (!) Love it.
If Groves makes it through the mountains, I think he's got at least three more stage wins in him! Your team is looking real good at this point.

Guess Jonas will be Sepp’s Lieutenant on the remaining mountain stages (13, 14, 17, 18, 20.)

Roglič or Remco are the betting favorites with Soler or Ayuso being long shots

#gckuss #letfreedomring

Hmmm....wonder why Jonas went from 15-20% better than the top riders in the worlds most contested race to an also ran in the Jr Grand Tour. On my worse day I did fall off like that. You would think with Jumbo budget they could juice all there guys.

Hmmm....wonder why Jonas went from 15-20% better than the top riders in the worlds most contested race to an also ran in the Jr Grand Tour. On my worse day I did fall off like that. You would think with Jumbo budget they could juice all there guys.
:oldunsure:

I should probably know this, but has a team ever swept the podium at a grand tour?

AFAIK, nope.

Hey great job picking your team (+ @cheeseypoof) Both you guys have elite world rankings in the Velogames contest, like Top 250/Top 550 out of almost 19,000 entries. pretty sure that's the best anyone has done in our league over the short time (4 grand tours) I've been playing with you guys.

Sorry about the lack of participation in the thread, besides losing interest bc I'm getting my butt kicked. After three straight podiums I was due, eh. But also super busy rn, taking an 8-week acting class, a 6-week glass blowing/glass fusion workshop, and of course on an absolute Honolulu Blue bender. #OnePride

What a performance by Jonas, Sepp and Primož yesterday on Tourmalet. I have really hated the coverage of this Vuelta; we've seen very few break formations, yesterday they didn't even pick up on Remco was struggling early and boy did he get smoked. I swear whoever is the production director knows nothing about pro cycling.

Edit: don't get me started on the lousy time gap coverage (does it get any more basic?), this has been ever worse than the Giro.

What do you guys think about doing a season long Velogames next year? Would be fun to do all the Spring Classics. Any interest?

Last edited:
I should probably know this, but has a team ever swept the podium at a grand tour?

AFAIK, nope.

Hey great job picking your team (+ @cheeseypoof) Both you guys have elite world rankings in the Velogames contest, like Top 250/Top 550 out of almost 19,000 entries. pretty sure that's the best anyone has done in our league over the short time (4 grand tours) I've been playing with you guys.

Sorry about the lack of participation in the thread, besides losing interest bc I'm getting my butt kicked. After three straight podiums I was due, eh. But also super busy rn, taking an 8-week acting class, a 6-week glass blowing/glass fusion workshop, and of course on an absolute Honolulu Blue bender. #OnePride

What a performance by Jonas, Sepp and Primož yesterday on Tourmalet. I have really hated the coverage of this Vuelta; we've seen very few break formations, yesterday they didn't even pick up on Remco was struggling early and boy did he get smoked. I swear whoever is the production director knows nothing about pro cycling.

Edit: don't get me started on the lousy time gap coverage (does it get any more basic?), this has been ever worse than the Giro.

What do you guys think about doing a season long Velogames next year? Would be fun to do all the Spring Classics. Any interest?
No apologies necessary from you. You're the Sepp Kuss of this thread.

Most pro victories at age 23 years 227 days:
  1. Peter Sagan 57
  2. Eddy Mercx 53
  3. Remco Evenepoe 49
  4. Tadej Pogačar 37
  5. Mark Cavendish 29

AFAIK, nope.

I’m down for a season long contest!

Question for those of you way more in tune to the sport of cycling.

Is the dominance of Team Jumbo Vizma a positive or detriment to the overall sport?

TJV as a team just seems so much better than the other teams in whichever race they are in, but especially in the Grand Tours. Assuming they win the Vuelta, that’s 4 of 6 in the Grand Tours.

They seem to be 5, 6, 7, 8 riders deep. While UAE, INEOS, Soudal, etc seem to struggle supporting their big guns.

Just asking to try and understand better.

Is the dominance of Team Jumbo Vizma a positive or detriment to the overall sport?

TJV as a team just seems so much better than the other teams in whichever race they are in, but especially in the Grand Tours. Assuming they win the Vuelta, that’s 4 of 6 in the Grand Tours.

They seem to be 5, 6, 7, 8 riders deep. While UAE, INEOS, Soudal, etc seem to struggle supporting their big guns.

I always follow the sport but a lot like soccer I don’t totally understand the business and season the way I do football or baseball. Recently there have always been power teams, us postal, ineos, now jumbo. But what jumbo is doing is unique. And if Kuss wins this one it has to be considered an all time great season for a rider.

Eta sky

Last edited:

I always follow the sport but a lot like soccer I don’t totally understand the business and season the way I do football or baseball. Recently there have always been power teams, us postal, ineos, now jumbo. But what jumbo is doing is unique. And if Kuss wins this one it has to be considered an all time great season for a rider.

Eta sky
This. Sky was such a boring time. Tempo tempo tempo better drugs are a factor.

Best team performance in Grand Tour?

In the 1995 Vuelta, O.N.C.E. placed 1st, 3rd, and 4th.

In the 2012 Tour de France, Sky went 1-2 (Wiggins & Froome.) Next best in GC was 23. Cavendish won 3 stages, Wiggins 2, and Froome.

AFAIK those are the two most dominant results but my research wasn’t exhaustive.

In the 2012 Tour de France, Sky went 1-2 (Wiggins & Froome.) Next best in GC was 23. Cavendish won 3 stages, Wiggins 2, and Froome.

AFAIK those are the two most dominant results but my research wasn’t exhaustive.
I recall when Horner won the Vuelta he and a teammate finished together way off the front during a mountain stage. I don't remember who he was with, but remember that one vividly.

I recall when Horner won the Vuelta he and a teammate finished together way off the front during a mountain stage. I don't remember who he was with, but remember that one vividly.

I recall when 41 year old Horner win the Giro. Oldest ever GT winner.

Should be some exciting racing the next two days sans GC action. Today is a hilly sawtooth with only a long Cat 3 and two moderate Cat 2s before a descent finish. More of the same Stage 16 17.

Thursday and Friday, Stages 17 & 18 18 & 19, will be the decider. Brutal mountain stages where anything can happen.

Pulling hard for the goofy & lovable Durango Kid. Not conceding Roglič wouldn’t love a record fourth Vuelta but I think Jonas is going to work hard for GC Kuss.

Last edited:
Should be some exciting racing the next two days sans GC action. Today is a hilly sawtooth with only a long Cat 3 and two moderate Cat 2s before a descent finish. More of the same Stage 16.

Thursday and Friday, Stages 17 & 18, will be the decider. Brutal mountain stages where anything can happen.

Pulling hard for the goofy & lovable Durango Kid. Not conceding Roglič wouldn’t love a record fourth Vuelta but I think Jonas is going to work hard for GC Kuss.
I am hoping to see some top-20 GC movement today with riders trying to get into the top-10

think I just won my third Velogames stage in a row? will post results later.

1-2 is decided, but pretty close for the remainder of our grupetto

Users who are viewing this thread