What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (15 Viewers)

Who's running with me Sunday morning? (I'm on a streak.)
Depends how much we drink on Saturday night, but I'm probably in.  A little recovery run will be good for the legs, and God knows I won't feel like running after the long drive back home...

I'll do a lot of pissing and moaning, but I'll be fine.  The worst part is that none of my 3 legs looks like it's anything even resembling flat...
That's not true at all.

--Your 1st leg has 2 big climbs but the rest is very flat along with a nice downhill section

--Your 2nd leg is flat as a pancake.  23 total feet of elevation over 7.5 miles.  Don't pay attention to the Strava peaks that are deceiving.  That monster peak that goes from mile 3 to mile 4 is 8 feet. (and I don't even think it's 23 feet because the biggest dip is over a river and you'll be running on a flat bridge over it). 

--Your 3rd leg is also 100% flat.  The leg data is wrong.  It's 11 total feet of elevation.  Not the 54 feet shown above.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not true at all.

--Your 1st leg has 2 big climbs but the rest is very flat along with a nice downhill section

--Your 2nd leg is flat as a pancake.  23 total feet of elevation over 7.5 miles.  Don't pay attention to the Strava peaks that are deceiving.  That monster peak that goes from mile 3 to mile 4 is 8 feet. (and I don't even think it's 23 feet because the biggest dip is over a river and you'll be running on a flat bridge over it). 

--Your 3rd leg is also 100% flat.  The leg data is wrong.  It's 11 total feet of elevation.  Not the 54 feet shown above.
Nice.  Like an idiot, I didn't even look at the scale.  Thanks for setting my mind at ease.  Looking forward to kicking ### for y'all!

PS:  I've got the shirts in my possession...

That's not true at all.

Here is a better view of your trail leg too

Just make your leg pacing look like this and we'll be alright  :) .  That dude also matches up pretty well with you. 

gianmarco said:
Unfortunately, there just isn't much to do other than sit in the van and drive to the next stop. We will mostly all meet each runner so you can walk some to stretch a little. But otherwise, it's just "go" time when you're up.
For much of the course, the road parallels the Katy Trail.  My thought is to get dropped off about 1 1/2 miles before the 2/3 exchange and jog my warm-up up to the exchange point.  

@pbm107, having done a Dances With Dirt relay for many years now, I'd say it's surprisingly not-bad to take off on second and third legs.  I've done it with a couple/few hours rest, and I've done it with only 15 minutes rest.  It's a race environment, so ya just go!

gianmarco said:
That's not true at all.

I initially didn't notice the scale on the Strava charts either.  I'm guessing that @SFBayDuck is chuckling at the concern over these speed bumps. 

I initially didn't notice the scale on the Strava charts either.  I'm guessing that @SFBayDuck is chuckling at the concern over these speed bumps. 
To be fair, I’m usually hiking much of the uphills unless it’s a specific workout. Trying to maintain pace like y’all will be doing is a different story  

That being said, yeah I’ve done 3,000’ of vert in the last 3 days. 

Kind of loving this "no plan" running... Ends up with me basically running about 5 miles a day all at around 8 to 9 min/mile about 4 days a  week combined with some cross training. Despite being mugly as all get out tonight, I was running 8s tonight... 2nd fastest that I have run this route out of a half dozen trips. But the thing is that while I knew I was moving at a good clip, it didn't feel like I was at that pace. My HR was up there a bit, but Klimat also says it was 81* with 68% humidity. 

It's like I can feel myself getting stronger almost daily again. Need to get out for a long run but the schedule isn't really letting that happen right now. 

Bummer is when I got home I dropped and broke my prescription sunglasses... Not sure I can get a new pair made before going on vacation...

One week to the relay and developed a sore throat and what appears to be a head cold yesterday. Awesome. 

Ran last night in 75 degree temps and a 69 dew point. Sticky as heck. Forecast for race day is 81 with rain. Which could be a blessing if we have cloud cover all day. Just gotta shake this cold, and fast. Was planning a long run tomorrow but not sure at this point. Ugh.

Oh man.... Huge change to the relay. They are moving it to a completely different location :(

This sucks. 

@tri-man 47, @JShare87, @ChiefD, @gruecd, @Juxtatarot, @Brony

Good morning: 

We are just a week away from the 6th annual GO! St. Louis KT82 Trail Relay, scheduled for Saturday, June 1.  

As many of you are aware, both the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers are experiencing historic flooding. As a result, our colleagues at the Missouri Department of Conservation and the Missouri State Parks advised us against use of the Katy Trail and have already closed several portions of it.  The Missouri Department of Transportation officials have also confirmed that Highway 94 (which is our vehicle route) is closed due to flooding. And finally, our finish line venue at Hermann’s City Park is flooded as well.  

It is our organization’s top priority to execute safe and successful events for our participants. Given the dangerous and unpredictable flooding along the these trails, we have been forced to make the difficult decision that the trails are unusable for this year’s KT82 Relay. The event will not be cancelled. Our team is working hard to transition to a venue at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and the Madison County Trail system that will allow runners to still experience a relay-style event.

For information on how this event will work, please visit:https://gostlouis.org/kt82-2019/

Despite the changes, I have confidence that our amazing running community will come together for this event to have a great day of running and team building.  I also know that our running community realizes the greater impact of flooding to our region, and so I am pleased to share that GO! St. Louis has decided to use this event as a platform for fundraising for the American Red Cross of Missouri to assist those most impacted by the flood. We will share details with you on our website on how we, and you, can support this cause.  

I am grateful to have the support of our running community, and look forward to having a great day of running with each of you next week

Oh man.... Huge change to the relay. They are moving it to a completely different location :(

This sucks. 

@tri-man 47, @JShare87, @ChiefD, @gruecd, @Juxtatarot, @Brony

Good morning: 

We are just a week away from the 6th annual GO! St. Louis KT82 Trail Relay, scheduled for Saturday, June 1.  

As many of you are aware, both the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers are experiencing historic flooding. As a result, our colleagues at the Missouri Department of Conservation and the Missouri State Parks advised us against use of the Katy Trail and have already closed several portions of it.  The Missouri Department of Transportation officials have also confirmed that Highway 94 (which is our vehicle route) is closed due to flooding. And finally, our finish line venue at Hermann’s City Park is flooded as well.  

It is our organization’s top priority to execute safe and successful events for our participants. Given the dangerous and unpredictable flooding along the these trails, we have been forced to make the difficult decision that the trails are unusable for this year’s KT82 Relay. The event will not be cancelled. Our team is working hard to transition to a venue at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and the Madison County Trail system that will allow runners to still experience a relay-style event.

For information on how this event will work, please visit:https://gostlouis.org/kt82-2019/

Despite the changes, I have confidence that our amazing running community will come together for this event to have a great day of running and team building.  I also know that our running community realizes the greater impact of flooding to our region, and so I am pleased to share that GO! St. Louis has decided to use this event as a platform for fundraising for the American Red Cross of Missouri to assist those most impacted by the flood. We will share details with you on our website on how we, and you, can support this cause.  

I am grateful to have the support of our running community, and look forward to having a great day of running with each of you next week
Well, hell.

It's now a base camp relay. We all do the same legs. 

Completely changes what we need and what we do. 

Ugh, I'm sorry guys. You ####ers better plan on doing this again next year so we can do this right.

It's now a base camp relay. We all do the same legs. 

Completely changes what we need and what we do. 

Ugh, I'm sorry guys. You ####ers better plan on doing this again next year so we can do this right.
Hey, it's not your fault. Watching the weather patterns this was definitely a possibility.

Are they offering the opportunity to just transfer the entry to next year?

And, if this is going to be at Southern Illinois University, this adds a logistical challenge to me, as that campus looks to be 2 hours south from St. Louis. So I wouldn't be there till 11:00 Friday night.
Edwardsville.  Not Carbondale.  (I say this without looking at a map.)

Edit: Looked at a map.  Not far from STL.

Ok, sorry, was finishing up some family stuff.

Yeah, it's not far from here.  No, we don't need the van at all.  We'll just take a couple cars.  As mentioned, it's not far from here.

Check here for updated information:  https://gostlouis.org/kt82-2019/

We all run the following:

Every runner will complete each of the following legs:

– a cross country (trail) loop: 3.1 miles

– a short loop: 4 miles

– a long loop: 6.5 miles

Yeah, it's not far from here.  No, we don't need the van at all.  We'll just take a couple cars.  As mentioned, it's not far from here.

Starting at the same base camp, yes?

In that order?

Pretty sure nobody is more happy about this change than I am.   :thumbup:

Starting at the same base camp, yes?
Yes.  Only 1 runner out at a time, though.  And there are 3 different orders you can run.  So start putting your preferences of what you want to run first. 

The options are:

1)  Middle, long, short trail

2)  Short trail, middle, long

3)  Long, short trail, middle

Yes.  Only 1 runner out at a time, though.  And there are 3 different orders you can run.  So start putting your preferences of what you want to run first. 

The options are:

1)  Middle, long, short trail

2)  Short trail, middle, long

3)  Long, short trail, middle
We will need pop up tents for shade, then.

I have one I can bring. 

I'm ok with it. If we have a base camp, there should be plenty of toilets.

We can poop before every leg. 
Yeah.  This is a COMPLETELY different event.  I mean, it's still going to be fun.  But the unique nature of the driving, the Katy trail, and different legs for everyone is part of the experience that makes it fun.  That's why I hope we can get another team together in the future and "do it right".

I'm still looking forward to this overall but I'd be lying if I wasn't completely bummed about this.

Users who are viewing this thread