What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ran a 10k - Official Thread (7 Viewers)

Snowstorm completely missed us. 18 degrees though.

Gotta take daughter to hockey practice at 8. Will run later. 
I wondered last night if you dodged it. Noticed when they showed the nation wide map and it looked like just a thin line of pink over the MO/KS border and that the snow was east and north. Glad to read. Enjoy pounding pavement. 

Rain did not miss us. It was awful last night driving into work. Snow expected to start at 1pm. 

Let's see how the morning looks but today may be another treadmill day.

Speaking of which, I did my first treadmill run yesterday. I mean, I've been on it before when I first started but never ran more than a mile or close to 2. I've tried a couple times since then and gave up shortly after starting.

Wanted to end it (the run and my life) after half a mile. Knew I needed to learn to do this so stuck with it. Music playing on Echo Dot helped. Got to 2 miles and got into a groove and it got surprisingly much better. Started sweating despite 60 degrees in basement and went shirtless for a run for the first time ever. It was glorious. Got to 6 miles (the most I was planning) and thought of you guys and did 1 more. 

Still prefer outside but I can manage that in the future. 

Started sweating despite 60 degrees in basement and went shirtless for a run for the first time ever.
Only time I run shirtless is on the treadmill at home.  I set up a fan, and that helps, but the lack of airflow in my basement (except for the heat pumping it) makes things quite stifling.

74 degrees 90% humidity. Raining and 35 mph gusts. Sounds like a hurricane outside. I do not want to go out there. 
Same thing here. It's not raining right now so it's tempting to run. But those 35mph gusts don't seem pleasant. Might be a good time to Strava segment hunt, in the right direction. 

But instead I'm going to hit the trainer.

I learned yesterday that my balaclava keeps my new wireless headphones dry, the same is true for my new belt with my phone, and a ball of soaked shoes/shorts/tech tank/socks/gloves/head gear would make a good kettlebell. 

I also give my co workers a good laugh when I return from a run in a downpour. 

Dallas>hi
If I run shirtless in public, someone will call 911.  Either out of fear of me collapsing from starvation, or as a public service to keep others from seeing the horror that is my physique.  Which, brings me to...

Pushups>hi
I did weights on Monday!!!  It wasn't very structured at all, but will get into a 2x weekly cycle soon.  25 consecutive pushups is in my 2020 goals so that makes it a real priority.

Interesting to note that Garmin seemed to know which exercises I was doing when recording with my watch.  Crazy!

I learned yesterday that my balaclava keeps my new wireless headphones dry, the same is true for my new belt with my phone, and a ball of soaked shoes/shorts/tech tank/socks/gloves/head gear would make a good kettlebell. 

I also give my co workers a good laugh when I return from a run in a downpour. 
FLIPBELT??!!

74 degrees 90% humidity. Raining and 35 mph gusts. Sounds like a hurricane outside. I do not want to go out there. 
About the exact same here but only 60. Was going to go do some trails and hills today but probably going to audible. Waiting for the line of storms to go through before I decide if I want to get wet or go to the gym. 

60s and windy here (picking up by the hour).  Rain looks to be holding off until 2:00.

Wanted to get out now, but have to take our puppy to training class with the kids (graduation day  :grad:  ... but shes a total moron).  My wife usually handles this, but is under the weather  :sadbanana:

Will try and get out after to hit the windy outdoors.  Im planning to run straight north, then Uber back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered last night if you dodged it. Noticed when they showed the nation wide map and it looked like just a thin line of pink over the MO/KS border and that the snow was east and north. Glad to read. Enjoy pounding pavement. 
We got about an inch since this morning, but its 17 degrees with a NW wind of about 18-20. Treadmill time today.

Plan is to do my long run outside tomorrow. Supposed to be nice.

Was thinking to myself on my run this morning, “You’re insane.” The reason I say that is because I keep doing the same stuff expecting a different result. Unmotivated, poor food choices, no energy, and I somehow expect to run a marathon in 2 weeks. I need to get it together. Currently reading Let Your Mind Run by Deena Kastor, in order to change my mindset.

Was thinking to myself on my run this morning, “You’re insane.” The reason I say that is because I keep doing the same stuff expecting a different result. Unmotivated, poor food choices, no energy, and I somehow expect to run a marathon in 2 weeks. I need to get it together. Currently reading Let Your Mind Run by Deena Kastor, in order to change my mindset.
Liked that one. Give ‘Happy Runner’ by the Roches a read sometime.

I thought you'd be more of a side one of Led Zeppelin IV kind of guy
Oh, I listen to all of it.  My favorite rock band and can just put them on and listen forever.  "Alexa, play Led Zeppelin" was all I needed yesterday.  Although I do really like Kashmir anyway, it was cool how great it was for me while running.  I actually like some of their bluesy stuff more than most (Since I've been Loving You, No Quarter) but that's not as great to run to. 

Oh, I listen to all of it.  My favorite rock band and can just put them on and listen forever.  "Alexa, play Led Zeppelin" was all I needed yesterday.  Although I do really like Kashmir anyway, it was cool how great it was for me while running.  I actually like some of their bluesy stuff more than most (Since I've been Loving You, No Quarter) but that's not as great to run to. 
I was just making a fast times joke :kicksrock: :)

This sounds familiar. This is me in a nutshell sometimes. And really, all of us here has been through it.

Work on nutrition the next two weeks and the energy thing should take care of itself. And you know you will be motivated as you wind closer to the race. You are a #BMF - just hang in there.

As noted on strava, I wimped out on going outside. Decided to go to the indoor track and do "5 or 6". Because of you guys I decided to finish out the hour and did 7. Hopefully I'll make it to the hills and trails next week. 

Hmmmm.  I have no idea if the Samsung app is worse than the strava app but I like the look better. I'd think it would be good since it's a Samsung product on a Samsung watch.

Anyway Samsung says 4.1 miles.  Strava 3.97 damnit.   Lol, not bad for 2 months in. I'll take it

@AAABatteries YOUR MOM....wait ....UP YOURS!!!

Today's playist contained:

NWA, Beastie, G&R, AC/DC, foos, tuff crew, Eminem, Motley, Drop kick muprhys, Metallica, neds mom

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm.  I have no idea if the Samsung app is worse than the strava app but I like the look better. I'd think it would be good since it's a Samsung product on a Samsung watch.

Anyway Samsung says 4.1 miles.  Strava 3.97 damnit.   Lol, not bad for 2 months in. I'll take it

@AAABatteries YOUR MOM....wait ....UP YOURS!!!

Today's playist contained:

NWA, Beastie, G&R, AC/DC, foos, tuff crew, Eminem, Motley, Drop kick muprhys, Metallica, neds mom
Ned's mom says "don't drag me into your slow-a## run report."

Nothing quite like blowing a snot rocket out while on the bike trainer and seeing a stream of red. (Got it to stop bleeding while riding)
What the ..?  You're indoors on a trainer, but blowing snot rockets, which means a lean to the side and let 'er fly.  So, what, you cover the basement floor with tarps before starting the workout?  Have your kids standing nearby with buckets ("launchin' on the right side, little Ozzie!")?  I'm not getting the visual here.  

What the ..?  You're indoors on a trainer, but blowing snot rockets, which means a lean to the side and let 'er fly.  So, what, you cover the basement floor with tarps before starting the workout?  Have your kids standing nearby with buckets ("launchin' on the right side, little Ozzie!")?  I'm not getting the visual here.  
Have you seen Dexter?

Slipped and slid my way through an outdoor 7-miler this morning to follow up on yesterday's 14 and cap a 60-mile week. Also hit my weekly goal of three gym sessions. Now I just need to clean up my diet as I start my 12-week focused training block tomorrow...

...but until then, OFF TO LAMBEAU! GO PACK GO!

Users who are viewing this thread