Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

all I could think of is the fact that it’s ####### high school. When the graduation rate at the school is 100%, the kid has basically accomplished nothing. And you’re going to fork over 5 and a half racks for the pomp and circumstance that goes with it?

I went to a public HS that was like that.  Expensive place to live and 100% graduation rate.  At graduation one of my close friends hugs me and says "We did it!  We did it!"  I was just thinking, what exactly did we do?  Graduating from HS isn't an accomplishment.  Even going to college wasn't a big deal to me.  If I didn't get some kind of graduate degree, I would be the only person in my family who doesn't have a grad degree of some kind.  To me, that was the only accomplishment.  Graduating HS was simply meeting minimal expectations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 4:05 PM, Binky The Doormat said:

You take her to Starbucks and enjoy the rest of the day with her. 

Then Chik-Fil-A.  They love that ####.

I think she's more of Ben & Jerry's gal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

 Dukes is an idiot.

that much is abundantly clear

when he and Rapaport talked, on air post-tirade, he said he didn't feel he had anything to apologize for because his rant was "within the context of how i am on the show".

 

he went full Alex Jones. you never go full Alex Jones.

Edited by mr. furley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Epic Problem said:

all I could think of is the fact that it’s ####### high school. When the graduation rate at the school is 100%, the kid has basically accomplished nothing. And you’re going to fork over 5 and a half racks for the pomp and circumstance that goes with it?

Lol. My kid's preschool fundraiser was absolute insanity (including home cooked meal by Tom Colichio). Same handful of people bid and bought everything tens of thousands at a pop. Wife and I drank our "free" (not including ridiculous ticket price) champagne and ate the free cheesey poofs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RC94 said:

I went to a public HS that was like that.  Expensive place to live and 100% graduation rate.  At graduation one of my close friends hugs me and says "We did it!  We did it!"  I was just thinking, what exactly did we do?  Graduating from HS isn't an accomplishment.  Even going to college wasn't a big deal to me.  If I didn't get some kind of graduate degree, I would be the only person in my family who doesn't have a grad degree of some kind.  To me, that was the only accomplishment.  Graduating HS was simply meeting minimal expectations.

Look at you etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Look at you etc.

I really don't think getting an education and barely meeting my parent's expectations is a look at me moment.  In fact, when I got into grad school my father said he was disappointed that I didn't go to law school instead.  And considering I am out of work right now, I am not even meeting their current expectations.  Yay, look at me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2016 at 11:59 AM, General Malaise said:

:lmao: :finger:

Nothing earth shattering and I'm reporting second hand via second hand, but there was a long line of people waiting to greet and hug the Coach and his family.  One player was not only irritated at the length of the line, not only cut to the front of the line, but once there pitched a fit because his wife - dressed as a hooker - didn't get a corsage like other player's wives.  Stay classy, guy with fake glasses.

On the other hand, Durant not only waited patiently in line, but said to each kid he would do anything they needed of him, anytime.  One of the kids - an 8 year old - took the opportunity to ask for shoes. :lmao:  Durant didn't skip a beat, asked what size and delivered personally the following day.

Also, last one - our gal was staying at the Williams house and helped with phone calls and people coming to the door.  One person arrived from out of town, said he was a good friend of Monty's and though Monty was there at the time, said "that's okay, I'll wait for him here until he's back".   So our friend said "I might need to ask of that's okay...who are you?".  Coach Doc Rivers was taken aback that she didn't know who he was.  I had to ask myself if I'd know him if he showed up at my door. :bag: 

Bump for Ghost Rider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2016 at 11:03 AM, General Malaise said:

Missed an office visit this morning from a very nice young gal who used to work next door to us years ago and still occasionally drops by for visits.  Honestly one of the nicest gals I know.  Fellas in the office were giving me the run-down.  She is very close with the family of Monty Williams and when his wife passed, she flew down to OKC to help Monty and his five kids (FIVE!  Idiot).  Monty has asked her to be a full time nanny and she's considering it.

Anyhow, some of you might have seen snippets of the service where Monty talked.  It was very well done and he held himself together quite well considering the circumstances.  Our young heroine was there to help with the service and it was very well attended, as you can imagine.  All the players from the team showed up and many other players and coaches arrived from out of town.  Plenty of talent in the OKC church were as they celebrated the life of Ms. Williams.

Anyhow, if you are into ranking human beings on their goodness, please move Kevin Durant way up on your ladder and go ahead and cross off another teammate who will not be named.  Selfish, rude, inappropriate and just not a nice human at all.  Exactly the kind of guy who would wear glasses without lenses.

Bump II

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the backstory on these bumps from 2 years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 1:37 PM, krista4 said:

Actually actually true.  I knew we had one once, but - you might not find this surprising - couldn’t remember if it was this house or a different house.

You've officially reached self-parody levels.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2018 at 5:16 PM, DA RAIDERS said:

So...there was an avalanche at mammoth today, the ski resort I'm at. My kid and I were about a half mile below the avalanche. If we had been 15 earlier we would have been on the lift above/next to it.  It shook me up pretty badly,  it took almost 3 hours to get home, normally 15 minutes, due to the absolute chaos that ensued.  Drinking now. 

That's seriously scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RC94 said:

I really don't think getting an education and barely meeting my parent's expectations is a look at me moment.  In fact, when I got into grad school my father said he was disappointed that I didn't go to law school instead.  And considering I am out of work right now, I am not even meeting their current expectations.  Yay, look at me.

YES LOOK AT YOU

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Still don't get it. :shrug: 

Basically, "Russell Westbrook is pretty much an a$$hole" is the major takeaway....or so it appears?

Edited by 5-ish Finkle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr. Robert - "you really don't need those balls ... do you?"

Occasionally, Liston's speed and showmanship actually were a hindrance to his operations. Once, he took a patient's #### off along with the leg that was being amputated. His most famous (and possibly apocryphal) mishap was the operation where he was moving so fast that he took off a surgical assistant's fingers as he cut through a leg and, while switching instruments, slashed a spectator's coat. The patient and the assistant both died from infections of their wounds, and the spectator was so scared that he'd been stabbed that he died of shock. The fiasco is said to be the only known surgery in history with a 300 percent mortality rate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ignoramus

My Houston schedule this season. individual tickets on sale now 

 

 

4/24-25 Tue-Wed 130) v LAA

 Sat 4/28, 4/29, 4/30, 5/1, 5/2, 5/3Thur OAK first two on weekend, next four vs NYY

Fri 6/1, Sun 6/3 BOS

6/22-6/23 vs KC (Yuli hair headband day)

Tue 6/26-Wed 6/27 1pm TOR

8/29 -8/30 OAK, LAA

9/2 X4 Sun v LAA

9/29 4x Sun v LAA
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

@Ignoramus

My Houston schedule this season. individual tickets on sale now 

 

 

4/24-25 Tue-Wed 130) v LAA

 Sat 4/28, 4/29, 4/30, 5/1, 5/2, 5/3Thur OAK first two on weekend, next four vs NYY

Fri 6/1, Sun 6/3 BOS

6/22-6/23 vs KC (Yuli hair headband day)

Tue 6/26-Wed 6/27 1pm TOR

8/29 -8/30 OAK, LAA

9/2 X4 Sun v LAA

9/29 4x Sun v LAA
 

I did the 10 game Bobble head package but looks like the only overlap with your dates is the 6/23 game. Hoping they do another screaming deal over the summer... last year I twice was able to buy 10+ game deals for $100. I'm sure attendance will be higher this season though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

I did the 10 game Bobble head package but looks like the only overlap with your dates is the 6/23 game. Hoping they do another screaming deal over the summer... last year I twice was able to buy 10+ game deals for $100. I'm sure attendance will be higher this season though.

I got a 10 game package, but not based on giveaways. Also bought some LAA shares hoping for Shoetani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mrw my 9 year old and her friends are discussing black holes over lunch today

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

I did the 10 game Bobble head package 

:hifive: 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2018 at 7:14 PM, GroveDiesel said:

You've officially reached self-parody levels.

2014 Krista >2006 Otis > 2016 Otis >2018 Krista > 2018 Otis 

It was a run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Marine recruiter visited my son's class today to do his recruitment spiel.  He called on my son and asked what his plans were after school.  My kid explained he was going to college and hopefully law school.  He explained he will be getting some help from his parents, working and getting some loans.  The recruiter had the audacity to call my son "a little #####" for accepting money from me. :hot:

My kid did his best to blow it off but he was pissed the Marine embarrassed him in front of the entire class.

Later in class the Marine did a push up contest and selected 4 kids including my son.  Looking at the kids he selected my son was sure the recruiter was trying to embarrass him further.  Needless to say my kid stopped at 55 pushups long after the other kids had dropped. :D

He stood up, looked at the marine and said  "I'm no ones #####"  :lmao::lmao:  

He had me so pissed when he told the first part of story I was on my way to school.  By the end I couldn't have been more proud.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Stoneys said:

wow...7 posts in 2 days...where the hell is everyone?  

 

 

Updates from the 4 household:

1.  Mr. krista was suddenly and unexpected promoted to Executive Chef at his restaurant at the beginning of last week.  It was particularly shocking because he had stopped chef-ing for them a while back.  He's been working 14-15 hour days but has already been getting heaps of praise for everything so far from customers and staff, in particular for helping to turn around morale there.  If any PNWers (or @cosjobs) want to go there sometime, let me know.  It's on the Olympic peninsula and right on the water, so will be especially beautiful as we go into spring and summer.

2.  We're heading to Vancouver tomorrow to see Anthony Jeselnik and also to eat all the food.  I'm excited.

3.  Mr. krista saw two baby coyotes chasing a fat otter across the road coming home the other night.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Updates from the 4 household:

1.  Mr. krista was suddenly and unexpected promoted to Executive Chef at his restaurant at the beginning of last week.  It was particularly shocking because he had stopped chef-ing for them a while back.  He's been working 14-15 hour days but has already been getting heaps of praise for everything so far from customers and staff, in particular for helping to turn around morale there.  If any PNWers (or @cosjobs) want to go there sometime, let me know.  It's on the Olympic peninsula and right on the water, so will be especially beautiful as we go into spring and summer.

2.  We're heading to Vancouver tomorrow to see Anthony Jeselnik and also to eat all the food.  I'm excited.

3.  Mr. krista saw two baby coyotes chasing a fat otter across the road coming home the other night.

 

Where's the restaurant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the rover said:

Where's the restaurant?

I'll PM you.  Don't want to post more detail here because the internet is full of weirdos.

Edited by krista4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the rover said:

Where's the restaurant?

I'm going to guess that its on the Olympic peninsula and right on the water

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Executive Humanzee!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

I'm going to guess that its on the Olympic peninsula and right on the water

Sounds like that will be especially beautiful as we head into spring and summer.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

I'm going to guess that its on the Olympic peninsula and right on the water

see, I'm on the Olympic peninsula and right on the water.   Unlike most of you goons, I need a little more specificity.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the rover said:

see, I'm on the Olympic peninsula and right on the water.  

omg! so is mr krista's restaurant !

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the rover said:

see, I'm on the Olympic peninsula and right on the water.   Unlike most of you goons, I need a little more specificity.

You have your own Executive Chef now? Must be a hell of a boat.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, the rover said:

see, I'm on the Olympic peninsula and right on the water.   Unlike most of you goons, I need a little more specificity.

Wait, since when are you on the Olympic peninsula?  Have you moved from Gig Harbor?  Not that moving is a bad thing, of course.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.