Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

I love an edible as much as the next guy, but the idea of them taking effect at 35,000 feet just doesn’t do it for me. 

33 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

I love an edible as much as the next guy, but the idea of them taking effect at 35,000 feet just doesn’t do it for me. 

:rollseyes:

33 minutes ago, Epic Problem said:

As George Carlin used to say, you can get on and get off or you can get off and get on.

1 hour ago, krista4 said:

When can we hike together?  Or, barring that, c'mon up to somewhere north of you south of us for some booze, edibles optional?

Name the date - weekend.  

3 hours ago, No One said:
3 hours ago, Epic Problem said:

As George Carlin used to say, you can get on and get off or you can get off and get on.

Get "on" the plane???   #### you, I'm getting IN the plane. - George Carlin

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Ok, the only good thing about that college football thread is cappy's titles and the mods keep nuking those. Why is that?

The house always wins?

• Like 1

Whelp, all those years of being a pig-heated, self-proclaimed cool guy who ridiculed musicals most of his adult life is going to spend 2.5 (TWO AND A HALF) hours tonight watching his 16 year old son dance and sing in a high school production of Mama Mia!   

And more delighted I could not be. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Thinking 1

5 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Whelp, all those years of being a pig-heated, self-proclaimed cool guy who ridiculed musicals most of his adult life is going to spend 2.5 (TWO AND A HALF) hours tonight watching his 16 year old son dance and sing in a high school production of Mama Mia!   

awesome. video the hell out of that.

is this the naked jump party kid?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stoneys said:

why is it so hard to say goodbye to our furry friends?

https://i.imgur.com/rE26yJl.jpg

We rescued Cash 10 years ago.  He was a walking quaalude, would not hurt a flee.  He was just best and most cuddliest dog ever.  

RIP Cash. So tough to lost a furry family member.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stoneys said:

We rescued Cash 10 years ago.  He was a walking quaalude, would not hurt a flee.  He was just best and most cuddliest dog ever.  

I'm sorry for your loss.  Dogs are amazing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stoneys said:

oh man- that is one cute dog. :( condolences to you and the family... RIP Cash.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, General Malaise said:

were legs broken?

40 minutes ago, Stoneys said:

This is the picture of Cash that was sent to us and what made us decide to adopt him  https://i.imgur.com/kbh6hKE.jpg

He had been rescued from an Amish puppy mill.  He smelled, even after getting a bath.  He was much better after his first groomers appointment.  When we brought him home he was very skittish, especially around men.  He could not jump or go up and down steps.  I had to teach him to jump onto the couch or the bed and to go up and down the steps of the house.  Once he learned, he was always up on the couch or bed or chair.  He love to cuddle up.  From the time we got him, his breath was horrid.  After a few years, he developed an tooth infection and had to have all but 4 teeth pulled.  But even so, he never changed and was still the little goofball, and best snuggle buddy anyone could ask for.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stoneys said:

Sorry, man.  

It’s so hard because it’s the only truly unconditional love most of us will ever experience. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, General Malaise said:

This was darn good.  Some really talented kids.  Unfortunately, the K-man inherited his dad's dance moves, but his acting is solid.  Really proud of him.

However, I've got stupid Abba songs stuck in my head now and I can't seem to get rid of them.  :hot:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stoneys said:

Sorry buddy.  That's a hurt that is in no hurry to heal.  :(

• Like 1

It amazes me the stuff the people loudly discuss in the Sky Club, including at this moment a guy who’s discussing sensitive matters on speakerphone.  I think I could make a killing on some stocks based on what I hear.

Also Sky Club-related, I find today’s option of chili as an odd selection for people about to get on planes.  :X 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I think I could make a killing on some stocks based on what I hear.

By all means, don't jot it down and pass it on to your iFriends.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, krista4 said:

It amazes me the stuff the people loudly discuss in the Sky Club, including at this moment a guy who’s discussing sensitive matters on speakerphone.  I think I could make a killing on some stocks based on what I hear.

Also Sky Club-related, I find today’s option of chili as an odd selection for people about to get on planes.  :X 

Remember, it's only insider trading if you transact on it inside a dwelling.  If you make the transaction outdoors, totally fine.

Actually true.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

stoneys, I'm very sorry for your loss. 

But I just can't pass this up.

An Amish puppy mill?!?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

An Amish puppy mill?!?

Not everybody has the talent for high-end furniture craftsmanship, guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have only owned trucks since 1997.   I'm finally buying a car.   Went to a local place that has a service where they locate lease trade-ins at auctions.   Took a week and they found me exactly what I wanted.  Best way to buy a used car I've ever used.  

Can't wait to actually fit in the parking spaces in the garages in Seattle.

• Like 2

Chili sounds good.  Although I’m not flying soon.

ETA:  just had some gummy melatonin and watching Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1

if there were a Biathlon & Curling channel i would spend an inordinate amount of time watching it

9 hours ago, krista4 said:

I was in a public men’s room and heard a lawyer discussing a case today on speaker while he was urinating. So many things wrong with that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

stoneys, I'm very sorry for your loss. 

But I just can't pass this up.

An Amish puppy mill?!?

Thank God someone has less understanding of social graces than I do.  I was so curious. 

2 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

if there were a Biathlon & Curling channel i would spend an inordinate amount of time watching it

ESPN 9: The B.C. Channel

• Like 1

So I slightly tore the meniscus is my left knee two weeks ago.  

Went to physical therapy 8 days ago  was able to walk in with just a little discomfort. Walked out having improved range of motion 20 percent.  Was told it might be a little sore next day.  

Eight days later and it's been super painful all but one day earlier this week. X Ray's showed no damage to my knee. 

Now every time I walk across the house, it swells up a bit and hurts like a mother ####er. Have to take pain meds on occasion.   

Anybody go through this before and have some advice? Starting to really piss me off. 

I know the internet happened and you can watch anything at any time but i still think an APB is warranted when cinemax is playing conan the barbarian and conan the destroyer back to back. I've announced my intent to watch these until i fall asleep and have heard the lamentation of my woman.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

I know the internet happened and you can watch anything at any time but i still think an APB is warranted when cinemax is playing conan the barbarian and conan the destroyer back to back. I've announced my intent to watch these until i fall asleep and have heard the lamentation of my woman.

Why would you do this?

• Like 1

Just now, OrtonToOlsen said:

Why would you do this?

I feel like capella on his third bond movie.  I'm committed in a relationship defining way. If i give in now i'm going to be saying yes to the dress by February. 

I'm not entirely sure what happened but Arnold just knocked out a guy and stole his kkk robe. 

• Thanks 1

James earl jones is lecturing conan because he killed his pet snake

Conan seems even more upset because apparently JEJ killed his mother father and village or something.  

1 minute ago, bostonfred said:

James earl jones is lecturing conan because he killed his pet snake

Conan seems even more upset because apparently JEJ killed his mother father and village or something.  

Wait...you’ve never seen these movies?

4 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Wait...you’ve never seen these movies?

Like 30 years ago.  I remember this being bad but holy ####### ####

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Like 30 years ago.  I remember this being bad but holy ####### ####

The first 1/4 of the first movie isn’t terrible.  Everything else after that is trash.

First shirtless conan scene and he's swinging a sword around while looking meaningfully off in the distance. 

I think he's said about ten words so far.