Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
General Malaise

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Yeah, I guess.  

Love the  enthusiasm.

Edited by DA RAIDERS

the dorms at BYU must be a hoot

Trashy blonde at the bar shows me a picture of her in her uniform, like I wouldn't believe she was a strip-club waitress. Never a dull moment around here. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Guy, my beloved Stoner Poodle has not drunk or eaten anything for two days.He cannot lift his head, much less get off the couch.

Poor dude, I loved him so much for so long, its going to be very hard to put him down this afternoon, but I know its the right thing to do.

Why do dog deaths make me cry so ####### much?

Send him kind thoughts on his way out and burn one in his honor tonight.

He had a great life and lived longer than most poodles, so there should be few regrets. But there are.

Goodbye dear friend. Say hi to my sister and my dad.

• Love 6
  • Sad 21

49 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

Guy, my beloved Stoner Poodle has not drunk or eaten anything for two days.He cannot lift his head, much less get off the couch.

Poor dude, I loved him so much for so long, its going to be very hard to put him down this afternoon, but I know its the right thing to do.

He had a great life and lived longer than most poodles, so there should be few regrets. But there are.

That sucks cos. You gave him a great life and are doing right by him now. So sorry for your impending loss.

• Thanks 1

Currently at an Urgent Care place to hopefully remove the copious amount of earwax currently jamming up my right ear. Tried drops and a bunch of other crap for the last week and nothing has worked. This place is scary. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cosjobs said:

sorry cos

• Thanks 1

Sorry gb. rip stonerpoodle

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cosjobs said:

sorry brother.  :(

• Thanks 1

:(

all the loves to you and SP, cos

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2020 at 2:50 PM, mr. furley said:

Netflix and.. i have no idea the show name off the top of my head. i'll have to check later.

it was recommended to me because i watched "I Am a Killer".

My wife just watched a series called "Why Wives Kill" or something like that. I told just make it painless.

:oldunsure:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr.Pack said:

My wife just watched a series called "Why Wives Kill" or something like that. I told just make it painless.

:oldunsure:

I’d escape because  mine couldn’t take less than 5 minutes to tell me she going to kill me and I would have already figured that out about 10 seconds in.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

When picking me up at the airport one time, my father dressed up as a blind person with sunglasses and the blind person’s cane so they would let him take the dog into the airport.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 5

####. More awful news.

I met with a couple last October for a financial review. They brought their two young kids along to my office.

I suggested that they should seriously look into life insurance. The wife thought it was a good idea to protect the kids, but he thought $35/month combined for two term policies was too much of a burden on their budget, which it wasn’t.  Needless to say they walked out of the office without it and ignored my other advice too. I followed up with them afterwards to see if they had a change of heart and she said he did, but “now wasn’t the right time”. I have bigger fish to fry, so I moved on and figured they would call me if/when they are ready.

Today I get a call from the wife’s sister because I was on her calendar as a reminder to call about life insurance. She asks if she can report a claim, and I told her that they decided not to do anything. She broke down and cried for what felt like 15 minutes as my heart sank.

Turns out the husband got belligerent drunk while the wife was out of the house with the son, and the daughter was on the phone with her scared. The wife told the daughter to lock herself in her bedroom until she got home and then she would drive them to the grandparents. Wife walked in and the husband stabbed her to death in front of the daughter before fleeing the scene and abandoning the kids. He got arrested and is charged with murder and abandoning the children.

First my old next door neighbor charged with murder for stabbing someone to death, and now this and they happened only days apart. All I can think of is those kids sitting in my office and what that girl must be going through now. She is going to need a lifetime of counseling. I’ve been physically ill since I got that call this afternoon. :( 

• Sad 12

On 2/8/2020 at 9:29 PM, El Floppo said:
1/31/2020 at 4:33 PM, El Floppo said:

Every time I see the kobe thread sitting at the top of the page, I think of generalissimo Franco. Which probably makes me a bad person.

A month later. Still. 

Holy ####..  nothing on TV, so I'm watching my first college hoops game of the year.  AZ vs USC.   And Bill Walton is blazed to the max talking all sorts of nonsense.

ETA:  The more I think about it, he might of been on acid.

Talking to the other announcer:
"I don't even know what your name is."
"I like flowers."
"I have no idea who Dak Prescott is."

There were about a dozen more of these.  Should have taped it. Main announcer was laughing hard when then game ended.

There was a guy with the last name of Anderson on AZ.  I can't remember his first name.  I'll call him Mark.  "Mark Anderson, not to be confused with Ian Anderson....."

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 1

Confession time: whenever I listen to a podcast, even really good ones, I fall asleep five minutes in. Something about the soothing sounds of talking, or maybe this is how my age manifests itself.

9 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Holy ####..  nothing on TV, so I'm watching my first college hoops game of the year.  AZ vs USC.   And Bill Walton is blazed to the max talking all sorts of nonsense.

"I like flowers."

There were about a dozen more of these.  Should have taped it. Main announcer was laughing hard when then game ended.

There was a guy with the last name of Anderson on AZ.  I can't remember his first name.  I'll call him Mark.  "Mark Anderson, not to be confused with Ian Anderson....."

any time Walton is on the call, i tap out immediately.  can't stand this shtick.

just analyze the game and let the conversation happen organically. he tries to make the broadcast about himself, bloviating on whatever stream of consciousness that pops in to his head in the moment.

• Like 2

It's really helpful if you're just as blazed as Walton, so you can achieve the same vibration. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

10 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

"I like flowers."

Caliendo was on with him during a game last week.  I'm sure there are clips of it floating around the internet.  Caliendo was great.

16 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

"I like flowers."

I love the guy.  

9 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I love the guy.  

I dont mind him.  He was just 10x more out there than usual.   

• Like 1

Email of the week!

P:

I recently became a new father. A baby boy. He's tall and skinny, but he's healthy. I love him. He's great. I'm a chef (I hate this term, but it's what people call what I do) but I don't think you need to be one to have a constant and pervading question when you're holding your child: How would I cook this little nugget? My first inclination is roasting him slow as a whole piece of meat. Simple seasoning I think would be key. My first thought was a kind of clam bake with corn, potatoes, and lobsters. My wife suggested a lau lau style wrapping him up in taro leaves or in banana leaves. But I also think that maybe taking advantage of his tenderness would also make sense. Quickly seared cutlets or even some sashimi. Thoughts?

I think spit-roasting would be the move. Like a suckling pig. That way you get a nice crackle on the skin. Now that's good baby!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

It would be funny if I was sure the guy wasn't some peta doucher. 

Outside of Jonathon Swift, Gahan did it much better in the multi-page comic book styled "Baby Eating Through the Centuries" in National Lampoon in the 70s.    

Edited by Binky The Doormat

What’s fun to do in Miami?*

*With my mom (76).

11 minutes ago, krista4 said:

*With my mom (76).

South Beach deco tour?

Reenact la cage aux folles movie version?

I know very nothing about that place other than it's warm and a city on a beach, which seems like a good idea other than Florida stuff and stuff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, krista4 said:

*With my mom (76).

Can you go north of Miami bc Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach is pretty cool. I couldn’t wait to get out of Miami after my concert in January fwiw. I thought South Beach was a toilet (architecture aside). You could go down to Key Largo too. Sitting around and drinking is cool. 

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1

Great ideas, thanks!  We definitely had the Wynwood Walls on the list.

3 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Forgot about those. They’re okay. 

26 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Those duck boats are absolute death traps. 

Meh. On a calm, sunny day where the water around Miami isn't deep (doesn't go out in the ocean....stays near the shallow waters by the mansions), I think the risk is quite low.

I enjoyed it. 

:shrug:

If you don't mind driving 45 minutes north, Butterfly World in Coconut Creek is pretty cool.

• Like 1

Only there one full day, no car, so the driving places are out.  Just booked the Little Havana food tour that was linked above.  👍 Definitely have to see the Art Deco stuff for my mom, too, but sounds like we wouldn’t spend long on it.

• Like 3

And sitting around and drinking is always good on the agenda.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Only there one full day, no car, so the driving places are out.  Just booked the Little Havana food tour that was linked above.  👍 Definitely have to see the Art Deco stuff for my mom, too, but sounds like we wouldn’t spend long on it.

Is your mom into EDM? :D

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

4 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Is your mom into EDM? :D

:lmao: I’m afraid to ask her!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Do you go back to a restaurant a third time if the first two experiences were split?

We went to a Korean BBQ place a few weeks back and it was fantastic.  Great service, very tasty food, good cuts of steak, etc etc.  This was on a Friday or a Saturday.  Went back a second time recently on a weekday night and it was a major let down.  We had slower service, worse food, etc.

Was it a weekday vs. weekend type of thing?

Do you try a place again if the first two times were hit and miss?

Just now, eoMMan said:

Do you go back to a restaurant a third time if the first two experiences were split?

We went to a Korean BBQ place a few weeks back and it was fantastic.  Great service, very tasty food, good cuts of steak, etc etc.  This was on a Friday or a Saturday.  Went back a second time recently on a weekday night and it was a major let down.  We had slower service, worse food, etc.

Yes.

The rubber match for all the marbles.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Only if the good trip was exceptional, like it sounds like your first trip was

• Like 1

yeah, depends on how good the first was vs. how bad the second.

if first was exceptional and 2nd was a bit of a letdown, i'll go back.

if first was good, but 2nd was a total disaster and i'm left with a bad taste (literally and figuratively), then probably not returning.

• Like 3

I like my job. But I'm ready for my looming retirement (March 19). I've been having disturbing dreams this week, far too many of which involve my previous employment. Separation anxiety? Am I no better than my mom's schnauzer, who craps all over the place whenever left alone for an hour? Will bostonfred be in here soon to analyze my dreams as proof yet again of my latent homosexuality?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

On 3/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, krista4 said:

*With my mom (76).

Is there a Golden Girls tour?

17 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

I like my job. But I'm ready for my looming retirement (March 19). I've been having disturbing dreams this week, far too many of which involve my previous employment. Separation anxiety? Am I no better than my mom's schnauzer, who craps all over the place whenever left alone for an hour? Will bostonfred be in here soon to analyze my dreams as proof yet again of my latent homosexuality?

Sounds like you need a new passion/hobby to focus your energy on.

4 hours ago, eoMMan said:

my latent homosexuality

Well, there's your new hobby, right there.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2020 at 7:21 PM, krista4 said:

I simply cant get the image out of my head of you and your mom driving around in a golf cart blasting this.

Edited by parasaurolophus

I realized over the weekend that when I engage people asking for money (homeless or otherwise), I always reply with "buddy" but for other people who aren't asking for money, I either say "ma'am" or "sir" or skip it. 

"buddy"... like they're pets. I know it's not as nefarious as that... but occurred to me that my response shouldn't be any different regardless.

that is all.

both of my projects are in major lull/non-architect energy needed right now. so I've done #### all today.

• Like 1