What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Watching Boogie Nights on some channel called Vice...

It has every curse word from the original but they blur the nudity :lmao:

Sorry to miss you all.

We played Clue and then watched Airplane. Not sure how much the 8 and 12 yos got, but they said they liked it. We reminded ourselves that we were their ages when we saw it in the theaters...and also liked it (and also likely missed most of the jokes, like felating otto-pilot)

heckmanm said:
Obit link

Thanks all for the kind words.  Dad had been in poor health for quite some time, so while I can't say that it was a surprise, it was still a shock when it actually happened. Mom said he told her the past few nights that he prayed it would be his last one; he was ready. He hadn't been able to leave the house except for doctor appointments for several months, and recently not even that.  His heart was just too weak for him to be on his feet for more than a minute or two.

The one thing he absolutely did not want was to die in a hospital bed. He wanted to be at home, in the house he built himself almost 75 years ago. He was crossing the living room with his walker, and Mom said he started slumping over. She got to him and helped him to the floor and he was most likely gone at that point.  My sister - a nurse - got there within 5 minutes, and Mom had also called the nurse who lives next door to them.

I had only spoken to Dad by phone over the past few weeks, as we were out of town for a week and then didn't want to risk exposing them to anything when we got back 2 weeks ago. I think the last time I saw Dad in person was for his birthday in February. I'll remember him having a great afternoon playing euchre with his family. His mind and sense of humor were as sharp as ever, right to the end.

I'll miss him, but his kindness and strength built the man and husband I am today. I can only hope to have people think as well of me as everyone I know thought of him.

Cheers, all. Hug your loved ones today.
wonderful tribute, my friend.

Next trivia game will probably be Wednesday.  Thanks to the FBGs who showed up.

I think the multiple choice format made things a little smoother.  

There were also some hilarious drunken shenanigans from a couple of my friends.

Next trivia game will probably be Wednesday.  Thanks to the FBGs who showed up.

I think the multiple choice format made things a little smoother.  

There were also some hilarious drunken shenanigans from a couple of my friends.
I think that fill in the blank provides much more schtick opportunity, but definitely harder to score. Maybe compromise and only have essay questions.

just posted this in the NY thread.

we're in apt 2a. our neighbors of 20 years in 2c (only 3 apts on our floor) are an elderly couple- great people. she's had a really rough year, healthwise- had a full time nurse and has looked physically grim (but still smiling) the last few time's I'd seen her. I checked in on them this afternoon- yelling through their door without touching it. heard him cough a couple times before answering. how are you guys doing? sick. I didn't ask with what... just offered to help get them whatever they needed and for them to reach out for anything.

but #### me. genuinely scared now. like - for real scared. she's not going to make it.  maybe not him either if it's covid. and I'm second guessing every moment I've spent in our shared building hallway now- wondering if I missed wiping down after going to the garbage room or through the door down the stairs, or in the elevator... and of course today of all days, my own cough is back... with allergy season and my cough-variant asthma, most of the covid symptoms are part of my daily life minus the fever.  ####.

I guess really I just wanted to point out that pretty much any bad 4 letter word would have fit there and only a couple of them would have been wildly inappropriate. 

and then some.

thanks friends. 

this... ####### sucks. I expected it, but #### me. don't see work happening in my industry and sector for a long, long time. dunno that it would've been better at my last place that I left to come here- but I took the job because I thought it was going to be recession-proof due to billionaire clients not giving a ####. 

mother ####er.

do you know whether or not your employer is going to take out a loan from the subsidy?  if they are, there's chance they'll bring you back to avoid the penalty.

sorry man
Thanks.

I'll add that to the questions I have for the COO.... if he calls me back.

mother ####er.

do you know whether or not your employer is going to take out a loan from the subsidy?  if they are, there's chance they'll bring you back to avoid the penalty.

sorry man
Thanks.

I'll add that to the questions I have for the COO.... if he calls me back.
So far, I have that and...

When does health coverage end?

Can the office cover my health for the next 3-6 months (my wife worked for American Eagle clothing and they did this for her for a full year after she left)

How much is COBRA

Possibility of rehire if things correct

Anything else I should ask the guy?

I guess really I just wanted to point out that pretty much any bad 4 letter word would have fit there and only a couple of them would have been wildly inappropriate. 
Now try saying gosh darn it.

ETA... Gosh = God. darn = damn.

Fun

And my favorite is %^&*@!

%^&*@! = wank-er.

Last edited by a moderator:
suggest that you come back at 75% percent pay?  that is the minimum pay cut, businesses can do, and still get full credit on the subsidy loan.  not sure if you want to do that.

my job is working all this out as we speak.  it looks like they are going to try and float us all, for the full 8 weeks, and readjust then.  glllllppssssssss   :banned:

suggest that you come back at 75% percent pay?  that is the minimum pay cut, businesses can do, and still get full credit on the subsidy loan.  not sure if you want to do that.

my job is working all this out as we speak.  it looks like they are going to try and float us all, for the full 8 weeks, and readjust then.  glllllppssssssss   :banned:
He sent out an email this morning cutting everybody's pay 20% across the board.

I was hoping to make it another month at least...even though I only had a couple days worth of work left to do with the job with bother my construction sites being closed.

He sent out an email this morning cutting everybody's pay 20% across the board.

I was hoping to make it another month at least...even though I only had a couple days worth of work left to do with the job with bother my construction sites being closed.
Was tha5 offered to you?  Or just an FU?  Sucks brother. I’m waiting to talk to the owner, where I work, to see what happens in 8 weeks. 

Users who are viewing this thread