What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

and yes. $3,413 per month is absolutely ####ed. even I was shocked- last time I went through this is something like 2200- about 10 years ago. 41k/year for insurance when the US avg salary is 56k. completely and mindbottlingly ####ed.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT ZOOM GAME NIGHT

Check GMTAN on FB.

Not trivia...it’s a Cards Against Humanity type thing.  Should be a hoot and a half.  Be there or be not there.

Last edited by a moderator:
and yes. $3,413 per month is absolutely ####ed. even I was shocked- last time I went through this is something like 2200- about 10 years ago. 41k/year for insurance when the US avg salary is 56k. completely and mindbottlingly ####ed.
Flop, I help people sign up for Obamacare in Oregon (obvs not NY), and have searched it for a better deal than the group plan I have through the giant corporation I am contracted to.  What I have found is that I can save about $250/month on premium but would double my deductible and out of pocket maximum.  I'm paying $1730/month for a family and it makes me want to puke.  I can't imagine paying almost twice that.  ACA/Obamacare HAS to have a better deal than COBRA, even at full price.  That is revolting.

I do have an HSA through my current plan and couldn't keep that through Barak, so that is a factor too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flop, I help people sign up for Obamacare in Oregon (obvs not NY), and have searched it for a better deal than the group plan I have through the giant corporation I am contracted to.  What I have found is that I can save about $250/month on premium but would double my deductible and out of pocket maximum.  I'm paying $1730/month for a family and it makes me want to puke.  I can't imagine paying almost twice that.  ACA/Obamacare HAS to have a better deal than COBRA, even at full price.  That is revolting.

I do have an HSA through my current plan and couldn't keep that through Barak, so that is a factor too.
Thanks.

As independent contractors, we were on ACA since it's inception, because I couldn't do the 2200 for the last cobra, and individual plans weren't much less and were crap. ACA was very far from perfect, but at least we could afford it. That's what we get in the US.

You know what we should have invested in before this pandemic?  Puzzles.  

Holy crap, trying to find a decent puzzle online to do with the kids.  Everything sold out.  Star Wars stuff on ebay going for like $50.

Well, we bugged out of NYC.

Rented a car like the Beverly hillbillies, and are now on the MD shore at my MIL's beachish house. Never seen the roads so clear.

Very nice of the MIL to let us crash here. Fully expected police or locals to chase us out or not let us in...fortunately the rental has Kansas plates.

Kids are psyched. Wife and I...a tossup. nothing works here- oven, microwave, dishwasher, disposal...at least the fridge and range work.

Also strange seeing how zero ####s are given so far about this thing. Stopped at a wawa in Delaware for bathroom and snacks. We were in masks and gloves, auto-6' internal radar beeping like a mofo. Everybody else... :shrug: ...looking at us like we would've looked at us a month ago.

Rented a car like the Beverly hillbillies, and are now on the MD shore at my MIL's beachish house. Never seen the roads so clear.

Very nice of the MIL to let us crash here. Fully expected police or locals to chase us out or not let us in...fortunately the rental has Kansas plates.

Kids are psyched. Wife and I...a tossup. nothing works here- oven, microwave, dishwasher, disposal...at least the fridge and range work.

Also strange seeing how zero ####s are given so far about this thing. Stopped at a wawa in Delaware for bathroom and snacks. We were in masks and gloves, auto-6' internal radar beeping like a mofo. Everybody else... :shrug: ...looking at us like we would've looked at us a month ago.
GL Floppofamily

I ordered 8 italian beef sandwiches from Portillos because I know a bunch of Chicago expats.  I'm gonna distribute them Wednesday or Thursday.   @krista4 this may be essential.
You bet your sweet ### it is.

Just scanning the list, I see:  public health, behavioral health, vulnerable populations, emergency management, food-and-beverage products...to name a few.

I ordered 8 italian beef sandwiches from Portillos because I know a bunch of Chicago expats.  I'm gonna distribute them Wednesday or Thursday.   @krista4 this may be essential.
I have a Portillo's probably 3 miles from my house and I will take one.   If your throw takes out one of my kids for a few hours I will add to your tip.

Pretty sad to see that you're excited for Portillo's. It's a shell of of what they used to be. Once Berkshire bought them the quality has dropped significantly, at least in the Chicago area.

Pretty sad to see that you're excited for Portillo's. It's a shell of of what they used to be. Once Berkshire bought them the quality has dropped significantly, at least in the Chicago area.
I’d kill for one in Detroit.  I probably haven’t been to one in 5 years 

We've heard from the MIL that her longtime permanent resident neighbor/friend at the beach house is furious we came down. So and so NYers shouldn't be leaving their state. Very true.

If we hadn't isolated ourselves for the last three weeks to make sure we were symptoms free, we wouldn't have. I just swapped rental cars (nyc price for one day is half the price of three weeks down here). Hit a mega Walmart on the way back to the house with the decision to very carefully load up as much as possible for our next three weeks so we don't have to leave the house.

Imagine the Unabomber wearing a mask and gloves...that was me strolling through walmart. Now imagine maybe 1/5 other people just wearing masks. None of the employees were. 

I think neighbor Gene has bigger problems to worry about than the people from NYC who have been scrubbing down every piece of food, box of stuff and ourselves every time we open the door of apt to receive it. 

I'm honestly shocked at how casually the people here are taking it. Basically where we were at the beginning of March when we were being told by Cuomo and di Blasio and the local officials that they had it under control.

And we will now spend the next two weeks in isolation in the house, although I'm tempted to walk around licking everybody on the cul se sac's door knobs. Euphemism?

It still hit them up when I was back in Chicago in Jan. I’ve been gone 4 years, but I try to hit them annually on my return trips back. Satisfied my craving this time and didn’t notice anything different.  

The thermostat in my living room just broke, which means no heat (or AC) in the living room, so I have that going for me which is nice.  I'm glad the temp is fairly mild, but it still gets a little chilly sometimes.

The thermostat in my living room just broke, which means no heat (or AC) in the living room, so I have that going for me which is nice.  I'm glad the temp is fairly mild, but it still gets a little chilly sometimes.
Check the battery?

Yup, and changed them.
I emailed the company who installed a new one in the bedroom and have installed all of my heating/AC units.  I hope they're working and can come by and install new ones.  I should have gotten it done a year and a half ago when they installed the new heat/AC units, but they're these smart thermostats that were expensive and since my old ones still worked ok, I didn't buy the new thermostats.  

The contractor on my Hamptons job site called yesterday.

I'm really tempted to not call him back because #### my firm. 

But he's a nice guy, and my projects have always felt like my babies to a degree- I want them to succeed and do well, even after I've left (I genuinely hated leaving my last firm with two projects unfinished...checked in on both with the contractors).

I'll call him. But #### my firm.

And yes, RC- strawberry seed count is a well understood fact. At least for insomniacs...whose ranks I appear to be joining these days. 

Users who are viewing this thread