What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (21 Viewers)

I have no idea why this is, but the mere thought of mayo on a sandwich with meat on it grosses me out (BLT is the only sorta-exception and that's only because I'm cool with the LT part). Yet, I'll slather that stuff on tomato sandwiches; tuna fish, also. Love potato salad, too, and other mayo-based foods! 

proninja said:
I can't get this to go away, disregard please. Neat board. 

Mayo: homemade mayo is delicious. Store bought stuff is tolerable. But making it fresh with a little mustard, lemon juice, and garlic is great. 

Redmond: good luck with the move. Where's the new place? Username change in the works? 

Sidenote: getting divorced in a depressed real estate market and keeping the house for the win
Post your Mayo recipe or gtfo

In fact I think potato salad and chili are probably the 2 dishes that vary so distinctly...there just doesn't seem to be any consistency in how they're made.  Especially chili... amazed how terrible most people are at it 

I have no idea why this is, but the mere thought of mayo on a sandwich with meat on it grosses me out (BLT is the only sorta-exception and that's only because I'm cool with the LT part). Yet, I'll slather that stuff on tomato sandwiches; tuna fish, also. Love potato salad, too, and other mayo-based foods! 

In fact I think potato salad and chili are probably the 2 dishes that vary so distinctly...there just doesn't seem to be any consistency in how they're made.  Especially chili... amazed how terrible most people are at it 

I like both mixed together. Although not a huge potato salad fan.  Some people are really really bad at it too

Prefer a mustard based potato salad myself.
LINK

:lmao:  

I always sort of KNOW what's coming when these links are made, but they never ever let me down.  I do miss the motivational posters where you see something like "You're mother was raped by a baboon and that's how you were made" under a magnificent waterfall.
"Offensive wallpapers".  There was a subreddit that was a pretty good source for these but it has been terrible over the last year.

huh. speaking of FF... the league I've been in for 20 years... doesn't appear to be happening. or at least, they don't seem to be emailing me to join.

now I'm just down to a long-standing die-nasty league.
texted the commish, a very gb... apparently I've been signed up for months. 

a lifetime of concussions adds to something, I guess.

every... 6'ish weeks or so my freezer leaks enough water in to the bottom shelf to create varying ice thickness. from 1/8" to 1/2" give or take. pounding it out with a mallet takes about 1 minute. 

this makes my wife insane with rage.

not the mallet. the ice. 

water dripping in the freezer indicates a mechanical problem. instead of calling a service tech, we're buying a new fridge.

goodbye $1800 
easy fix.  it's a pia, but easy.  it's probably the heater coil.

I'd probably be more excited about fantasy football if the combination of drugs and ACL injuries hadn't destroyed my keeper team in my 20 year league. 

And then there's my crappy players. Hey-Oh!!!!!!

anything that ends in 'naise' is fantastic 

french's mustard is very limited, but has it's place. corndog, for example.  other than those few places where it's appropriate, it's disgusting.  all other mustards are wonderful.

Amazon had a special for an Amazon Dash--a button that re-orders a particular product through prime whenever you press it.   They offered one for $4.99, but it came with $4.99 off your first order.   Due to my astounding ability at teh maths, I realized this was free to try, so thought about what product I would be running out of that I'm too lazy or inconvenienced to go the store and get.  They don't have a button for bourbon or hookers, so I went with toilet paper.  Next time I get to the last roll, I just hit a button and wa la, a bunch of toilet paper shows up at my door two days later.  Genius.

Is it wrong that I kinda want to go buy all the epipens to create the false impression that there's increased demand to drive prices even higher so the people who piss and moan about these things really lose their effing minds?

Got a long email from my kid's school that there is now a kid with severe allergies to apparently most edible substances on the planet.  We now have a huge list of foods that will apparently kill this child if another kid has come within the distance of a Tim Tebow throw of them.  This is private school.  Why do 600 families need to change their children's diets to accommodate this nonsense?  Can't the 1 kid just come to school in a hazmat suit or something?  This school already has a segregated nut-free section of the cafeteria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a long email from my kid's school that there is now a kid with severe allergies to apparently most edible substances on the planet.  We now have a huge list of foods that will apparently kill this child if another kid has come within the distance of a Tim Tebow throw of them.  This is private school.  Why do 600 families need to change their children's diets to accommodate this nonsense?  Can't the 1 kid just come to school in a hazmat suit or something?  This school already has a segregated nut-free section of the cafeteria.
Buy the kid's family a crate of Epipens and problem solved.

Wait, that's a thing? I think I know how to fix the FFA.

Users who are viewing this thread