What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

:lmao:   I do think he eats them unheated sometimes.  More likely the spoon just gets thrown, dirty, into a drawer somewhere where I'll find it six months later.
You realize they're all now imagining it's your underwear drawer.  And that there's a reason it takes you six months to find it. 

You realize they're all now imagining it's your underwear drawer.  And that there's a reason it takes you six months to find it. 
I have so much sexy underwear it's well hidden?

I'm so fat that the underwear in the drawer envelopes it and it's lost forever?

I don't change my underwear more than every six months?

Most of my ideas here aren't so good.

I have so much sexy underwear it's well hidden?

I'm so fat that the underwear in the drawer envelopes it and it's lost forever?

I don't change my underwear more than every six months?

Most of my ideas here aren't so good.
Can I try?

"I don't have an underwear drawer.  I keep my underwear in my purse like a lady."

"No wonder it takes so long to find it, I don't wear underwear!"

proninja said:
I don't think I've ever had spaghetti o's, but dinty moore beef stew is divine
One time I had dinty moore at work for lunch and i realized it had been in my drawer for months and then I thought wait this is meat and vegetables and it's not refrigerated and how does this not go bad and then i thought wait all the stuff i eat at work is just sitting around at room temperraure forever and I still eat it and it must be just full of chemicals and i should not eat this stuff.  I still do though.

I have never had SpagettiOs and no more than 2-3 poptarts my entire life.

My mom knew how to cook

And she loved me
me too.  still not from oakland though.  just yesterday, i had the "what's your favorite pop tart?" question.  i had to shrug and say i had no ####### idea.

FTR I never ate Spaghettios as a kid.  My mom always cooked...even though she wasn't great at it.  Mom was also thrifty.  To her, something like a .39 can of Spaghettios was a waste of money when you could make a spaghetti dinner for 4 or 5 people for like $2.25  (1970s money).

it wasn't until I was in Jr high that my mom started buying easy-to-make foods.  All my siblings were grown and out of the house and I knew how to make stuff without burning down the house or poisoning myself.  Things like Spaghettios and rice-a-roni became staples for a few years.

I wish I ate spaghettios as a kid.  My mom was the worst cook in the world. I guess my older brothers actually think she can cook, but by the time I came around she gave up.  Sandwiches were either sliced ham or baloney on white bread with butter.  Dinner was some sort of unseasoned meat, cooked in the oven at 350 from 5 pm until Dad got home from work, which was often late because I wouldn't want to come directly home either.   Leathery unseasoned meat was coupled with a baked potato (put in the oven at the same time as the meat) or minute rice and a brick of frozen vegetables dumped into boiling water for 10 minutes. 

Spaghettios:

Meatballs or sans meatballs?

Stovetop or microwave?

What kind of pan or microwave-safe bowl?  

Spoon or fork?  

Manual can opener or electric?  

Franco-American or store brand?  

Add seasoning or au natural?

Just ring shaped or like Star Wars or Minions and ####?

Bread or anything else to go along with it?

Pop Tarts: 

Toasted or raw?

Which flavor?

One or the whole envelope?

Kelloggs or off brand?

Start at the corners or middle?

Portrait or landscape?

Answer all so I can judge you.
:lmao:

my mom was a fantastic cook. but like OPM, when I got to be old enough to not need a baby-sitter (which coincided with my older brother not being around much with a driver's license), spaghetti-o's and pre-made trader joe's meals (burritos mostly, IIRC) were the go-to for 11-15 yo me on parent date-nights. I guess heating up pasta and sauce was beyond me... although tbh, I don't remember ever even seeing spaghetti sauce in jars until much later.

hoop the O's on one outside fork tine, jab a meatish ball on the other outside tine. I think I started eating them cold about when I started being high enough to eat them cold.

hfs, the local tv sports guy is recapping the Badgers game right now with a bandaid on his lip that's bigger than my fist. sounds like he's just getting over novocain. this is terrific. 

I think I'm becoming quite sentimental in my old age. Watched The Little Prince tonight and I teared up pretty good. Makes me want to do whatever I can to make life magical for my daughter.

The one with Gene Wilder?
No, the 2015 animated version. 

I've been struggling with a lot of anxiety lately about what life is going to look like for my daughter. With her auditory processing disorder, I don't know what adulthood looks like for her. She's 7 and has no friends for a variety of reasons mostly related to her APD and I don't know if she'll ever really have friends. She's not dumb, but it takes her a lot longer to learn and understand things. So I worry about not only whether she'd even be able to go to college (seems unlikely), but what kind of job she could even do. I'm not even sure she'll be able to live on her own independently. If she can, I'm not sure that I want her to if she's just going to be totally alone.

And if that's how it plays out, I'm perfectly fine with her living with us. But somewhere down the road, I'm going to get old. And we wouldn't be able to look after her. And I don't know what would happen to her. And that terrifies me.

So when I watch or read something about childhood and life being magical, it's been hitting me pretty hard because I know that life is hard and cynical and that's why we need to remind ourselves of the beauty and magic in the world. When I think about how hard life could be for her, it kind of crushes me.

:blowsout:

I've been struggling with a lot of anxiety lately about what life is going to look like for my daughter. With her auditory processing disorder, I don't know what adulthood looks like for her. She's 7 and has no friends for a variety of reasons mostly related to her APD and I don't know if she'll ever really have friends. She's not dumb, but it takes her a lot longer to learn and understand things. So I worry about not only whether she'd even be able to go to college (seems unlikely), but what kind of job she could even do. I'm not even sure she'll be able to live on her own independently. If she can, I'm not sure that I want her to if she's just going to be totally alone.

And if that's how it plays out, I'm perfectly fine with her living with us. But somewhere down the road, I'm going to get old. And we wouldn't be able to look after her. And I don't know what would happen to her. And that terrifies me.

So when I watch or read something about childhood and life being magical, it's been hitting me pretty hard because I know that life is hard and cynical and that's why we need to remind ourselves of the beauty and magic in the world. When I think about how hard life could be for her, it kind of crushes me.

Don't know how to respond to this other than to say if I could, I'd give you an awkward man hug and order another round of beers.

You're a good dude and a good dad.

\

Wow. I was unaware of all this. Add to it you MIL and other ####. Ugh. Sucks.

But your kids just seven. And how old is the diagnosis? Jeebus, this seems like a stiff handicap for her, but we know she's got some good smarts genes. Be patient and loving. It will take longer than most kids to unfold, but that's okay. She'll get there and she'll have friends like everyone else. 

I can certainly see how/why you're down right now, but I know you'll plug through the crap. You're a good man and I know you will focus first on your family and get things done. I've more confidence in you handling these things better than most anyone I've met here. And your daughter is also going to learn your character. And she'll be better than most.

I appreciate the kind thoughts guys. I'm not sure why all this hit me this week and got me all emotional. Probably because she's heading back to school this week and I know that school's a struggle for her.

I'm not sure I'm always the best dad and Lord knows there's too many times I pay more attention to my phone or email than my daughter, but  I certainly am always trying to be better and help make the best life we can for her. 

It's funny how much kids change your life. I get frustrated at times, but ultimately I don't give a crap what happens to me other than the negative effects it has in my wife and kid. Before her I was one of those guys who balked at "participation" trophies. Now, when I saw how much that participation trophy meant to her in t-ball and 1st/2nd grade basketball, and knowing that she'll never be on a championship team, I'm pretty disgusted with my former self. She worked really hard on always being there and learning the skills, and she is so tremendously proud of those trophies. 

Being a parent is way harder than I ever thought. I think I was prepared to help a kid deal with the issues I always dealt with as a kid. I feel totally inadequate in dealing with issues that I never had.

I appreciate the kind thoughts guys. I'm not sure why all this hit me this week and got me all emotional. Probably because she's heading back to school this week and I know that school's a struggle for her.

I'm not sure I'm always the best dad and Lord knows there's too many times I pay more attention to my phone or email than my daughter, but  I certainly am always trying to be better and help make the best life we can for her. 

It's funny how much kids change your life. I get frustrated at times, but ultimately I don't give a crap what happens to me other than the negative effects it has in my wife and kid. Before her I was one of those guys who balked at "participation" trophies. Now, when I saw how much that participation trophy meant to her in t-ball and 1st/2nd grade basketball, and knowing that she'll never be on a championship team, I'm pretty disgusted with my former self. She worked really hard on always being there and learning the skills, and she is so tremendously proud of those trophies. 

Being a parent is way harder than I ever thought. I think I was prepared to help a kid deal with the issues I always dealt with as a kid. I feel totally inadequate in dealing with issues that I never had.
You're a mensch.

I've spent the bulk of the day building a farmhouses style dining room table.  I guess they cost a rack or two to buy and I'm doing it for about $100.

Of course now that's I'm almost done the wife thinks maybe it should be a foot longer.  So instead of being finished and getting to go get drunk at a party I have to wait for her to decide, probably run up to home Depot to get new wood, and then spend like another hour finishing this thing 

I've spent the bulk of the day building a farmhouses style dining room table.  I guess they cost a rack or two to buy and I'm doing it for about $100.

Of course now that's I'm almost done the wife thinks maybe it should be a foot longer.  So instead of being finished and getting to go get drunk at a party I have to wait for her to decide, probably run up to home Depot to get new wood, and then spend like another hour finishing this thing 
Next week, she'll tell you it's a foot too long.  Trust me.

I've been going through this myself since one of the issues my 7 yo daughter has is APD.  Things that have helped her are speech therapy (they work on listening as well as producing sounds) and having an aide in the classroom.  Recently I've been listening to audiobooks (Magic Treehouse series) with her at night to help her practice comprehending what she hears.  The stories are read by the author and about 40 minutes so they are short enough to hear an entire story before she goes to sleep.  

You live in a farmhouse?

Tell her to #### off

Users who are viewing this thread