What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

^Post Combine^ Mock February 27 (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
Still hearing buzz about Philly trading-up to land QB Marcus Mariota so I put in that trade in this mock.

I have Leonard Williams slipping a lil and although I didn't drop Danny Shelton that far I think he can fall in the draft because he's pushing 365 lbs right now and is running slower than 5.6 so it seems he might find himself north of 400 lbs and running slower than a 6.0 in a couple of years so I think he carries some risk.

Other than that I have both of the top-two RBs going in the first round as well as DGB going relatively high but to a WR needy team and I think the rankings of offensive linemen will fluctuate so I used an amalgamation of different rankings to put them where I did and I would imagine one of them will rise above the pack and go higher than where I currently have them going.

Also if I put a guy on your team that and you feel the player I put there can never happen then don't take it personally. You are probably right and I'm probably wrong. Just for fun.

Cheers! :suds:

Round 1

1. Tampa - Jameis Winston QB Florida St

*2. (TRADE) Philadelphia - Marcus Mariota QB Oregon

3. Jacksonville - Randy Gregory DE/OLB Nebraska

4. Oakland - Amari Cooper WR Alabama

5. Washington - Dante Fowler Jr OLB Florida

6. NY Jets - Trae Waynes CB Michigan St

7. Chicago - Leonard Williams DT USC

8. Atlanta - Shane Ray DE Missouri

9. NY Giants - Danny Shelton DT Washington

10. St Louis - Kevin White WR WVU

11. Minnesota - Vic Beasley OLB Clemson

12. Cleveland - DeVante Parker WR Louisville

13. New Orleans - Landon Collins SS Alabama

14. Miami - D.J. Humphries OT Florida

15. San Francisco - Brandon Scherff OT Iowa

16. Houston - T.J. Clemmings OT Pittsburgh

17. San Diego - Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin

18. Kansas City - Dorial Green-Beckham WR Oklahoma

19. Cleveland - Malcom Brown DT Texas

*20. (TRADE) Tennessee - Alvin Dupree DE Kentucky

21. Cincinnati - Shaq Thompson OLB/SS Washington

22. Pittsburgh - Jalen Collins CB LSU

23. Detroit - Eddie Goldman DT FSU

24. Arizona - La'el Collins OT LSU

25. Carolina - Andrus Peat OT Stanford

26. Baltimore - Eli Harold DE/OLB Virginia

27. Dallas - Arik Armstead DE Oregon

28. Denver - Ereck Flowers OT Miami FL

29. Indianapolis - Todd Gurley RB Georgia

30. Green Bay - Eric Kendricks ILB UCLA

31. Seattle - Jaelen Strong WR ASU

32. Patriots - Marcus Peters CB Washington

* PHI trades up from #20 to TEN #2 giving up QB Nick Foles, 2015 2nd round selection, 2015 4th round selection, 2016 1st round selection

1-31 not bad. 32 :X
I've seen a few mocks where he goes in the top-ten. Buzz is that many teams have checked into his background and are fine signing off on him.

His size/speed/length and overall athleticism rank him the top CB on many NFL team lists apparently so if anything I think he could much higher and I felt Patriot fans would like the fact they could have a bargain slide down to them.

A 1st, 2nd, 4th and Foles for the #2 pick? Yea no. That's not getting it done.
A 1st, 2nd, 4th and Foles for the #2 pick? Yea no. That's not getting it done.
It is actually two 1st rd picks, a 2nd, a 4th, and Foles.If Tennessee gets that offer, they should say yes.
I didn't count the swap.
I think it depends on how much value Tennessee might place on Foles. It still may not be enough so kick-in any other mid round picks for next year to even out the swap.

Nice job Bracie. That being said I have a hard time seeing Oakland passing up on Leonard Williams if he is there with the 4th overall pick. Oakland has one of if not the worst defensive line in the league plus Williams has said he wants to play for Oakland. I have no problems with Cooper but if Williams is still there he is the pick in my opinion and in a deep WR class the Raiders can go WR in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Nice job Bracie. That being said I have a hard time seeing Oakland passing up on Leonard Williams if he is there with the 4th overall pick. Oakland has one of if not the worst defensive line in the league plus Williams has said he wants to play for Oakland. I have no problems with Cooper but if Williams is still there he is the pick in my opinion and in a deep WR class the Raiders can go WR in the 2nd or 3rd round.
I can respect that. I dropped Leonard on the fairly harsh take that NFL Films Greg Cosell gave Leonard where he pretty much laid out that he didn't think he was an elite prospect.

For a top-five pick I think that if their are any elite prospects or clearly top rated QBs that they have to find their way in the top-five provided their are elite prospects or clear top rated QBs. I think both Randy Gregory and Amari Cooper are elite-type talents that will prove themselves over the course of time. QBs are always a gamble and I think Fowler will be solid and threaten to break into elite status but has a very-high ceiling IMHO.

ZERO. And I mean ZERO, ZERO, ZERO chance Williams fall past OAK and WAS. One of them will take him.
I mentioned Greg Cosell giving not the most positive assessment of DL Leonard Williams.

Here is the link where he makes his comments and I posted a rough transcript of what he says below. I cut out the last couple of sentences where he basically said that is what he saw on film and that people will probably call him a moron for having his take or words to that effect.

The part that I took to heart was when Cosell says he shows his chest too often. Also I agree that many have anointed Williams as the top rated player or most sure thing etc. I love Randy Gregory from what I've seen. Interior defensive linemen are harder to peg IMHO unless they leap off the tape. Like a Ndamakong Suh or a Gerald McCoy and I don't put Leonard Williams in that class. I put Randy Gregory and Amari Cooper ahead of him and I like the high floor of Fowler and think the Jets would prefer a shot to land a top flight CB over adding more on the DL.

LINK to the program where Cosell breaks down many players. His take on Leonard Williams is about 3 minutes in.

Cosell on the Midday 180 radio show:

http://stationcaster...-1424895222.mp3

ROUGH TRANSCRIPT:

Q: What did you see of Leonard Williams?

Greg Cosell: "I gotta tell ya I know I'm going to be in the minority here and I'm sure their a lot of people who think I'm a moron, it wouldn't be the first time. But I'm not blown away by Leonard Williams.

I think he tends to play high.

I think he tends to show his chest which is a really bad thing for a defensive lineman.

I wouldn't say he's a natural pass rusher.

Um I didn't think he played real well in space.

Um I thought their were too many snaps where he got moved by double teams.

Um ya know I think that he's a flash player. You see every once in awhile you see a play and you go wow that's ah ahh pretty good but I don't see him as an exclusively explosive player that would see a Gerald McCoy coming out of Oklahoma or Sheldon Richardson coming out of Missouri.

Ah again I'm not going to sit here and tell you he's a bad player but people are talking about him now like he's a Hall of Fame player....

1. i can see Jax moving out of its spot easily. if they don't then Williams is going to be tough to pass up. at the end of the day, most put williams ahead of gregory or any of the other rush LBs. they could skip williams and fall back a a few slots to snag one of the handful of edge rushers to upgrade their defense.

2. saints don't need an "in-the-box" SS like collins. they like the flexibility that vaccaro - who likes to hit - offers alongside byrd. he fits their scheme to a tee. i've said this in other mocks - and an interview with Payton at the combine backed this up - the priority for the saints in the offseason is at one of a few positions: corner, offensive line and LB.

interesting, thoughtful mock otherwise.

saintfool said:
1. i can see Jax moving out of its spot easily. if they don't then Williams is going to be tough to pass up. at the end of the day, most put williams ahead of gregory or any of the other rush LBs. they could skip williams and fall back a a few slots to snag one of the handful of edge rushers to upgrade their defense.

2. saints don't need an "in-the-box" SS like collins. they like the flexibility that vaccaro - who likes to hit - offers alongside byrd. he fits their scheme to a tee. i've said this in other mocks - and an interview with Payton at the combine backed this up - the priority for the saints in the offseason is at one of a few positions: corner, offensive line and LB.

interesting, thoughtful mock otherwise.
SS Landon Collins was tough to place. He is the only safety that is rated a first round pick and he's consistently rated in the top-fifteen in mocks and rating of top ranked players. I think I originally had a corner for the Saints then shifted it to an offensive lineman and then saw Collins sticking out like a sore thumb and had to place him higher so I cheated a bit and put him on the Saints even though I know they just took a safety a couple of years ago in the first round and wouldn't take another so I agree with you.

cstu said:
17. San Diego - Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin
If you're going to mock a RB to the SD (please don't) then make it Gurley.
The ACL and not working out has to cause a bit of hesitation and more than a handful of teams do have Gordon ranked higher, I don't know if the Chargers do but I hesitate to look past that ACL so I kinda like where I put Gordon even though it probably won't happen it just felt right.

Users who are viewing this thread