What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Ball (MFL10s, DRAFT, etc.) (3 Viewers)

This was pretty interesting, there seems to be a feeling that Third Round Reversal drafts actually benefits "the early round". I think that means the teams drafting early in the first round. I'm not saying that this is incorrect, but I've never heard that argument before and open to listening to why that would be the case.

To me the 3RR draft is just like the snake draft with the addition of an extra round(3rd round) where the lower teams draft earlier, thereby making it more fair for the teams that felt unfortunate for getting such a low draft position. Here is a pretty good link but there are plenty of others on the subject...

https://www.fantasyindex.com/2014/07/16/fantasy-news/third-round-reversal-drafts

In this case twice as many owners voted to change the draft to 3RR but I am interested to hear from those that don't think that 3RR is more fair than standard snake drafts. This is a genuine question on my part. I'm NOT saying that I'm right but interested in hearing differing view points. 

I voted against it. It's not that I think it's less fair. I just think that most people's rankings start to deviate around the 3rd round (for 12 team leagues anyway) to a degree that it's a waste of energy for the commissioner.

Am I wrong? Probably. Just don't see as important. If there was a vote on going to auction, I would love to try that. Seems way more fun.

I voted against it. It's not that I think it's less fair. I just think that most people's rankings start to deviate around the 3rd round (for 12 team leagues anyway) to a degree that it's a waste of energy for the commissioner.

Am I wrong? Probably. Just don't see as important. If there was a vote on going to auction, I would love to try that. Seems way more fun.
Can't argue with you there. Auction is definitely the most fair. And there isn't a close 2nd.

With a 12-hour clock on the auction another added benefit is you only have to check-in twice a day in an auction.

We may have to offer one of those next.

Got 'em!!!!
I have to give credit to a guy that puts his money where his mouth is. 

If you didn't pick him at #44 I think you might have heard it from the crowd, but taking him at #37 showed that you're all-in. I actually think Tyrod is better than most people think and he hasn't had a deep weapon to play with as talented as Gordon in a long, long time. People seem to think Tyrod is a "bridge" because he only throws to wide open guys but if you ask me Gordon/Landry/Duke/Njoku are all talented enough to get open. It's like night and day looking at the receiving options in CLE and the trash they had in BUF last year.

Welp.... Did it.

Ertz + Engram at TE. 

I'm happy I pulled the trigger, to be honest. Had a few WRs in mind, 2-3 RBs, but in the end, after Engram I don't like what I see. At all. 

THrilled w my TE corps

Welp.... Did it.

Ertz + Engram at TE. 

I'm happy I pulled the trigger, to be honest. Had a few WRs in mind, 2-3 RBs, but in the end, after Engram I don't like what I see. At all. 

THrilled w my TE corps
Could pay off big if Odell really does get traded during the draft. 

I keep saying "but you're on the Browns" at Jarvis Landry's name
I keep thinking "but Josh Gordon will be #1". But with Njoku/DeValve combo with Coleman and Duke? Seriously if they get a good QB and if they were able to snag Barkley, then the sky is the limit. That offense could be worth investing in. But I can never pull the trigger on Jarvis. I do wonder if he will be incredibly useful on the field but not in my lineup. IDK.

*** CAVEAT - I did not mean to draft Watkins there, but MFL would NOT allow me to pick a player... Id draft my guy, and it would just refresh... draft... refresh...

was stuck on my pick, until I selected a different player just to test, and it went thru. A bit disappointed, but whatever.

Doing a second MFL10 right now. From the 5 spot. I almost dodged a bullet from the first one I did. Completed before byes came out and I only took 2 QBs. Both week 7 byes. All other positions turned out good in that respect. Dang it. 

Anyway, from the 5, and I'll update once we get a bit further.

1.05 Nuk

2.08 Gronk

3.05 Henry

*** CAVEAT - I did not mean to draft Watkins there, but MFL would NOT allow me to pick a player... Id draft my guy, and it would just refresh... draft... refresh...

was stuck on my pick, until I selected a different player just to test, and it went thru. A bit disappointed, but whatever.
I'm up next, what do we do here? Wait on commish? Are you stuck? I don't have experience in this league.

Let me know if I should carry on or wait

what's the starting lineup here (Best ball I understand)

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Def, and one flex? Or are we doing it differently with 29 spots. 

I looked under league rules

Anyway, from the 5, and I'll update once we get a bit further.

1.05 Nuk

2.08 Gronk

3.05 Henry
That's pretty high for both Henry and Gronk. Gronk is polarizing based on positional philosophy.... but I was just curious if you were especially HIGH on Henry or LOW on Lewis. Some people seem to think Lewis will play a small role(and play up the injury history) while others think Lewis actually may fit the new, dynamic offense better based on versatility. 

BoltBacker said:
That's pretty high for both Henry and Gronk. Gronk is polarizing based on positional philosophy.... but I was just curious if you were especially HIGH on Henry or LOW on Lewis. Some people seem to think Lewis will play a small role(and play up the injury history) while others think Lewis actually may fit the new, dynamic offense better based on versatility. 
Hopkins is too high imo. I am a big fan and have watched him crush my Titans many times. The year before he was meh and now he's 5th best? WRs usually go end of round one, start of two and I'm way more comfy with that. I didn't realize the thread and commented on the draft- he is not a round better than Julio. This is new to me, a 2018 trend that surprised me.

Henry's about right. The ADP amidst our draft is off and leaning like early dynasty leagues. MFL's other ADP (from menu or googling) is quite different.

As a Titans homer, I won't draft a Titan without watching the ADP. Delanie was too high for my liking but y'all went on a TE run and I felt like he was the last top level one. I'm not buying Davis that high. He and Mike Williams were about twins on draft day, neither did much last year, but Davis is the darling in year two? I think that's an April vibe and will change by the time drafts level out in August.

Hopkins is too high imo. I am a big fan and have watched him crush my Titans many times. The year before he was meh and now he's 5th best? WRs usually go end of round one, start of two and I'm way more comfy with that. I didn't realize the thread and commented on the draft- he is not a round better than Julio. This is new to me, a 2018 trend that surprised me.
I think the thread discusses the trends in best ball drafts as there are slightly different strategies involved with best ball. 

I agree with you on Hopkins, but it's a combination of the fact he was the #1 WR last season and the hype train of Watson's production on a per-game basis. If Watson stays healthy and is anywhere near as productive than there's almost no ceiling for Hopkins. It's the room for possible growth with a healthy Watson that's feeding the fire.

To me the rounds difference in price also says more about the resurgence in drafting RB early more than the fact people believe Julio is full round worse than Hopkins. There are a lot of RB's between the two but generally only ~3-4 WR's being drafted between the two.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
BoltBacker said:
It's right about where Fanball had the ADP on all 3. If they were early it was only by a couple of picks. I'm much higher on Henry than most. And I'm skeptical of Lewis. But mostly it's April and I'm experimenting a little. 

Henry's about right. The ADP amidst our draft is off and leaning like early dynasty leagues. MFL's other ADP (from menu or googling) is quite different.

As a Titans homer, I won't draft a Titan without watching the ADP. Delanie was too high for my liking but y'all went on a TE run and I felt like he was the last top level one. I'm not buying Davis that high. He and Mike Williams were about twins on draft day, neither did much last year, but Davis is the darling in year two? I think that's an April vibe and will change by the time drafts level out in August.
Julio went at 1.10

Great pace going on our draft.  :thumbup:

Is it possible to remove the Notice? At this point, we all got the message. Easy to ignore on the computer, but takes up a lot of screen space on the phone.

Done!

I agree the pace has been good. I expect it to slow down just a bit while the actual NFL draft choices(especially on the first day, maybe the second) are being made but wouldn't be at all surprised if we finish by early next week.

Well done for all involved. This has draft has moved along much, much quicker and smoother than most of the MFL10's I've taken part in. 

How long was the clock in the slow auctions that you've participated in? IMO the full 24hr reset on a new high bid is too slow, but 12 hours moves pretty well if you have ~20 guys up for auction all at the same time.
I do a 12 hr slow auction every year but I have done 8hr and 24 hr. I just feel there is a distinct advantage for those that can check in more often. My favorite draft is a Live Auction, then a mixed auction/redraft hybrid, then 3rr, then snake, and last the slow auction. But any draft is a fun draft 

One of me sleepers isn’t listed. Is there a way to get MFL or whoever to add them?
I think you may have to contact MFL directly via email. 

Tell Soulfly that you're list is so deep that MFL has never even heard of him. That will intimidate him. 

He started to get the bends at around pick #177 if I remember correctly.

Is this what I'm up against, I never heard of you
I’m lookin at your teams like, "I’m bout' to murder you"
My team ain’t waiters, but we're servin' you
I’m like shaq, I get fouled then I'm back to drop a Dub on you.

One of me sleepers isn’t listed. Is there a way to get MFL or whoever to add them?
usually they won't add players til the summer.

They get a bunch of requests that they add, then add the rookies, then put a hold on things. 

Improvements and helping people set up the league take priority and I imagine them filing these somewhere during their hold point

Borden said:
I don't know if you guys have figured this out yet but one thing we've done in the past is to post the actual pick in the pick comment box. And to pick a FA kicker or like Megatron,Ochocinco, etc. The commish has to fix later, but it's a workaround.

I don't know if you guys have figured this out yet but one thing we've done in the past is to post the actual pick in the pick comment box. And to pick a FA kicker or like Megatron,Ochocinco, etc. The commish has to fix later, but it's a workaround.
The commish can add a player name to the data base for that particular league draft. 

Users who are viewing this thread