What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 PDSL1 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

8.16 B Bortles

9.01 A Smith

2.16 L Miller

3.01 T Mason

5.01 J Stewart

11.01 TJ Yeldon

6.16 E Decker

4.16 J Landry

7.01 B LaFell

10.16 D Baldwin

12.16 M Wilson

13.01 M Lee

1.01 R Gronkowski

Pass the Marquees please! After the Baldwin yawner, these guys could provide a serious scoring spark along the way. It's a lot more likely they fizzle out and are bums, but the cost is relatively minimal.

Kind of funny that Sims, Rodgers, and Britt were all 3 guys I was also eying at the turn.

6.09 Ryan Tannehill QB MIA

7.08 Carson Palmer QB ARI

4.09 Melvin Gordon RB ROOKIE

5.08 Isaiah Crowell RB CLE

10.09 Reggie Bush RB SF

11.08 David Cobb RB ROOKIE

2.09 Mike Evans WR TB

3.08 Brandon Cooks WR NO

8.09 Kendall Wright WR TEN

9.08 Victor Cruz WR NYG

12.09 Josh Huff WR PHI

1.08 Jimmy Graham TE SEA

13.08 Maxx Williams TE ROOKIE

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB
Bradford, Sam PHI QB (Q)

Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB
Gore, Frank IND RB
McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB

Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR
Britt, Kenny STL WR
Cooper, Amari FA WR ®
Crabtree, Michael FA* WR
Green-Beckham, Dorial FA WR ®
Parker, DeVante FA WR ®

Olsen, Greg CAR TE
Toilolo, Levine ATL TE

Well... I feel I have an Elite QB1, RB1 and TE1 in this format. My WR1 is very good, but not elite.

I feel my QBs and RBs are my strongest suit, which is rare, as Im a WR kinda guy, but in best ball, I really went for the "all upside" route and just gonna try and hit home runs by cornering the rookie market and some vets who can put up a big day here and there.

If Olsen stays healthy, Im golden... If he flakes out and Im rolling with Toilolo, I'm toast.

Bradford, Sam PHI QB (Q)

Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB
Gore, Frank IND RB
McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB

Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR
Britt, Kenny STL WR
Cooper, Amari FA WR ®
Crabtree, Michael FA* WR
Green-Beckham, Dorial FA WR ®
Parker, DeVante FA WR ®

Olsen, Greg CAR TE
Toilolo, Levine ATL TE

Well... I feel I have an Elite QB1, RB1 and TE1 in this format. My WR1 is very good, but not elite.

I feel my QBs and RBs are my strongest suit, which is rare, as Im a WR kinda guy, but in best ball, I really went for the "all upside" route and just gonna try and hit home runs by cornering the rookie market and some vets who can put up a big day here and there.

If Olsen stays healthy, Im golden... If he flakes out and Im rolling with Toilolo, I'm toast.
You better hope for some nice bye weeks. I see this team stronger at the end of the year then the beginning.

QB - Brees, Mallet

RB - ADP, Gurley, Robinson, Ball

WR - OBJ, Floyd (Ari), Harvin, Hunter, Strong

TE - Reed, Rudolph

D -

K - Bailey

Really happy with my RBs. I haven't ruled out Ball as the starter in Denver. Robinson should be solid in ppr format. ADP/Gurley could be dominate. WRs should be above average if Harvin isn't a bust. Lots of big play potential with Hunter and Floyd. Hoping Strong ends up with Seattle or NE. Need Mallet to start Brees bye week. I think he gets the shot in Houston. TE has to be well above average but a little risky based on their past health.

Kicker run has been crazy. Used to be able to grab two late. I like getting one early so I have the option of going solo.

And the bastards took my 3 guys in the last 3 pre-drafts

Issue is most want 2 and so many guys jobs are up in the air. Even the Barth pick could see him without a job to start the season. A few nice young PKs coming in but after last years debacle with Freese and the Tenn PK duo, it can be tough. Who drafted Cantazarro or Santos or Mcmanus when all was said and done.

I will be keeping this PK thing going because of this with my next pre-draft wiith only 1 pick to go. Def is unpredictable from year to year and after you get your 1st, the 2nd one can almost be anyone.

QB - Brees, Mallet

TE - Reed, Rudolph

D -

K - Bailey

Really happy with my RBs. I haven't ruled out Ball as the starter in Denver. Robinson should be solid in ppr format. ADP/Gurley could be dominate. WRs should be above average if Harvin isn't a bust. Lots of big play potential with Hunter and Floyd. Hoping Strong ends up with Seattle or NE. Need Mallet to start Brees bye week. I think he gets the shot in Houston. TE has to be well above average but a little risky based on their past health.
Sorry Bass...too many question marks here for me to really like this team. Brees should be elite, or at least top 10, but I wonder how much of the philosophy change will impact him. Trading 2 of the top 3 targets from last year and bringing in a dominant run-blocking center are big concerns. While I think Mallett should get the chance, it's far from certain.

RB should be fine but really need Gurley to land in a good spot. If he does, good group.

Aside from Odell, hate the WRs...far from above average. I probably need to rethink Floyd here but he's maddeningly inconsistent in non-BB leagues...and have just grown to hate him. Personal bias I need to get over. Harvin's a tease and is drafted 4 rounds earlier than he should every year but he'll probably score for you twice. Yay. Hunter sucks. Sure, he's young and his QBs haven't been great but a 40% catch rate sucks. You'll need Strong to perform for this group to be viable because Harvin and Hunter aren't going to help. Did I mention Hunter sucks?

Your 2 TEs are the walking concussed. Maybe each of their 8 missed games won't coincide with each other, giving you a chance at 1 TE score each week.

But if the TEs can stay on the field, Harvin does prove everyone wrong, and you can add some more quality depth...you can stick around a while but I think this squad still lacks the will to make it to the end.

Cutler, Jay CHI QB

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Bell, Joique DET RB

Blount, LeGarrette NEP RB

Davis, Knile KCC RB

Morris, Alfred WAS RB

Cobb, Randall GBP WR

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Jones, Marvin CIN WR

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Allen, Dwayne IND TE

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Parkey, Cody PHI PK

Zuerlein, Greg STL PK

Patriots, New England NEP Def

Other than a little bit of WR depth, which I can still address, this looks to be one of my more solid efforts.

Anyone besides bass think ball has a decent shot at the Broncos starting gig?
unless CJ goes down, no
If Ball doesn't have a bum appendix he's going in round one or two this year. Everyone who has gotten the gig in Denver has been successful. Late July all three backs will be on equal footing. I'm betting the guy with the better pedigree wins the job. Heck it's not like Ball sucked. Worst case I see a 40/40/20 timeshare. That's plenty good for a RB4. The thing is that he has talent to be a RB1 without relying on an injury. Two paths for success…win the job in camp or get the job if CJ gets dinged.

Cutler, Jay CHI QB

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Bell, Joique DET RB

Blount, LeGarrette NEP RB

Davis, Knile KCC RB

Morris, Alfred WAS RB

Cobb, Randall GBP WR

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Jones, Marvin CIN WR

Thomas, Demaryius DEN WR

Allen, Dwayne IND TE

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Parkey, Cody PHI PK

Zuerlein, Greg STL PK

Patriots, New England NEP Def

Other than a little bit of WR depth, which I can still address, this looks to be one of my more solid efforts.
I really like this team. Lots of value picks.

QB - Brees, Mallet

TE - Reed, Rudolph

D -

K - Bailey

Sorry Bass...too many question marks here for me to really like this team. Brees should be elite, or at least top 10, but I wonder how much of the philosophy change will impact him. Trading 2 of the top 3 targets from last year and bringing in a dominant run-blocking center are big concerns. While I think Mallett should get the chance, it's far from certain.

RB should be fine but really need Gurley to land in a good spot. If he does, good group.

Aside from Odell, hate the WRs...far from above average. I probably need to rethink Floyd here but he's maddeningly inconsistent in non-BB leagues...and have just grown to hate him. Personal bias I need to get over. Harvin's a tease and is drafted 4 rounds earlier than he should every year but he'll probably score for you twice. Yay. Hunter sucks. Sure, he's young and his QBs haven't been great but a 40% catch rate sucks. You'll need Strong to perform for this group to be viable because Harvin and Hunter aren't going to help. Did I mention Hunter sucks?

Your 2 TEs are the walking concussed. Maybe each of their 8 missed games won't coincide with each other, giving you a chance at 1 TE score each week.

But if the TEs can stay on the field, Harvin does prove everyone wrong, and you can add some more quality depth...you can stick around a while but I think this squad still lacks the will to make it to the end.
I think your missing the boat here. Floyd has talent, just a ####ty QB situation. As you said, I don't have to rely on him weekly. Ditto for Harvin. I'm so loaded at RB I won't have to dip back there and will have an extra WR. Besides, OBJ counts as two WR scores by himself.

Gurley was born into a good situation with his talent. Outside of Seattle, Philly, GB, Buffalo, and KC I have zero worries. I have an outside chance at having 4 starting backs next years.

I can knock every TE out there as an injury risk based on history outside of Olsen. Gronk, Graham, Gates, Jordan, Pitta, Eifert, Allen, etc.

Oh…and while I missed on Welker, I was the one who took Kelvin Benjamin as Mr. Irrelevant at 20.16 last year in the PDSLs and correctly called him going to Carolina back in the WSLs with a full explanation why he would be successful.

Blind squirrel
Sure plays a mean Fantasyball.

Even in Fiddles favorite league bass can beat his best.

FBG disciples invite him in and he just beats the rest.

He got crazy fantasy acumen.

Never seen him fail.

That blind squirrel bass sure plays a mean fantasy football.

Oh…and while I missed on Welker, I was the one who took Kelvin Benjamin as Mr. Irrelevant at 20.16 last year in the PDSLs and correctly called him going to Carolina back in the WSLs with a full explanation why he would be successful.
cant argue with that.....nailed it....we throw a lot of #### out there in here but sometimes we don't give credit for some pretty good fantasy calls....

Blind squirrel

Never seen him fail.

Deaf, dumb, and blind is no way to draft a team.

But it does seem to be a popular strategy this year.

Blind squirrel

Never seen him fail.

Deaf, dumb, and blind is no way to draft a team.

But it does seem to be a popular strategy this year.
hey ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

10.09 Reggie Bush RB SF

2.09 Mike Evans WR TB

3.08 Brandon Cooks WR NO

9.08 Victor Cruz WR NYG

12.09 Josh Huff WR PHI

16.09 Rod Streater WR OAK

1.08 Jimmy Graham TE SEA

14.09 Randy Bullock PK HOU

15.08 Green Bay Packer D/ST

If it's any consolation, BnB, I very nearly pulled the trigger on Ball earlier and would have felt it was a steal. CJ Anderson looked great, but I doubt they will completely give up on Ball already. Barring

injuries, I think Hillman is the odd-man-out and the #3.

QB-Aaron Rodgers, GB 2.04

QB-Geno Smith, NYJ 9.13

RB-Lesean McCoy, Buffalo 1.13

RB-Doug Martin, TBB 5.13

RB-Alfred Blue, Houston 11.13

RB-Steven Ridley, NYJ 14.04

WR-Brandon Marshall, NYJ 3.13

WR-Pierre Garcon, Washington 6.04

WR-Donte Moncrief, Indianapolis 7.13

WR-Brian Quick, STL 12.04

WR-Nelson Agholor ?? 15.13

WR-Phillip Dorsett ?? 17.13

WR-Chris Matthews Seattle 20.04

TE-Julius Thomas Jax 4.04

TE-Jared Cook STL 10.04

TE-Niles Paul Washington 19.13

PK-Adam Vinatieri Indianapolis 13.13

PK-Josh Scobee Jax 18.04

D/ST-Seattle 8.04

D/ST-Cincinnati 16.04

Rodgers will be top 5, so I just need Geno to start 1 time, and possibly pick up slack if Rodgers has a stinker or 2. McCoy will probably also be top 5, not sure about Martin but I expect him to be the starter. Blue will be a good fill in WHEN, not IF Foster gets hurt. If Ridley is healthy I think he will be a solid RB3/4. I think Marshall, Garcon, and Moncrief will be pretty solid as WR 1-3. Not spectacular, but solid. If Quick comes back healthy, he will be a bonus, and I expect Dorsett and Agholor to get a lot of playing time for somebody. I expect Thomas to put up good #'s as Bortles will be using him a lot as a safety valve. Who else will he throw to? Cook will be ok as TE2. Kickers are always a crapshoot, and I think I got 2 of the better D/ST. I realize now I went pretty Jet heavy which wasn't intentional, and my kickers could very well have the same bye week, but barring a lot of injuries and depending on what happens in the draft, I like this team so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
QB: Stafford, Kaepernick. Both could be inconsisten but both are capable of huge scores in any one week. Hopefully they take turns. Nice combo to have for the SL and I like it alot.

RB: Forte, Veeren,Oliver, Richardson . I like the starters here. I got a stud and a PPR guys. Oliver will be the interesting guy. He could be a huge steal or worthless after the draft. I dont think SD is going RB in round 1 and that he just might have some value in the end. last years 1st round pick richardson is another crapshoot and maybe he pulls a thomas Jones or Cedric Benson. Overall it could be good or could give me issues with depth

WR: Allen, Hopkins, Boldein, Laimer, Devin Smith. It is not bad for my top 3. No stud but what should be 3 consistent guys.Latimer is suppose to see more targets in year 2 and could give me some nice weeks in a survivor. Devin stands as good a chance to do something as rookie as many of them drafted .

TE: Ertz, David, Pitta. Nezt to QB, I think my strongest position. Davis is the vet who should have a better year and seems like a steal where I got him. Ertz could really break out this year. Pitta might have been overkill here but he also screamed value and if he comes back healthy will put up Top 10 TE numbers. a very good unit overall. Could i have improved another position and got Pitta later. I guess wait to see what happened in PDSL2 when they catch up.

PK/ST. gostkowski, Sturgis, Jets. Got the best PK which will help some. Sturgis will keep his job as a young PK on a great contract. Jets with Bowles and FA should be very good this year ala Arizona a year ago. I think Jets have more talent. Need a 2nd D and lots left out there/.

Jumped on a third defense this time around. Defenses dont get injured and are more likely to score for me at this point than WR88, RB67, or TE38. Also, a couple teams will be taking low scores and zeros at D -added bonus in a survivor.

Less than 20 picks remain. Nice pace and good commentary for the top half of the draft.

Jumped on a third defense this time around. Defenses dont get injured and are more likely to score for me at this point than WR88, RB67, or TE38. Also, a couple teams will be taking low scores and zeros at D -added bonus in a survivor.

Less than 20 picks remain. Nice pace and good commentary for the top half of the draft.
Lost track last night when I got home, at the spot of the draft we were at. Just cost me a 2nd d as I would have drafted on there and not wait till the end. I did not take the time to think things out and just wanted to move things along since I had pre-drafted since round 1. This will cost my team huge in this one. Not that I have liked my picks overall for the last 4 rounds that much.

Remind: try not to do this in SSL.

Not my personal favorite QB tandem I've ever had but they are a good tandem. They finished 13th and 14th last year in points per game in this format. Really after Roethlisberger there is this huge tier of about 13 QB's that all scored within 2pts. per game of each other. As long as both stay healthy I should get a good score each week from this tandem. I can see pretty close to a 50/50 split on each QB scoring for me during the season.

10.09 Reggie Bush RB SF

20.09 David Johnson RB ROOKIE

I like my top to RB's. I believe that Melvin Gordon will be the starter for which ever team drafts him day 1 and as long as Crowell stays out of trouble he will get his fair share of carries in Cleveland. Reggie Bush is a good 3rd RB in my opinion. Bush missed a lot of games last season and still caught 40 balls. If he can stay healthy he is a good 3rd RB to have in a PPR league. I went with potential in Cobb and Johnson because none of the veterans left seemed like good bets to me. I believe that David Cobb is underrated and David Johnson catches the ball real good. Hopefully as the season goes along and the bye weeks start up both are getting some playing time to help contribute.

2.09 Mike Evans WR TB

3.08 Brandon Cooks WR NO

9.08 Victor Cruz WR NYG

12.09 Josh Huff WR PHI

16.09 Rod Streater WR OAK

18.09 Sammie Coates WR ROOKIE

19.08 Tyler Lockett WR ROOKIE

I love my top two WR's in Evans and Cooks. I believe that both will put up big numbers this season. Cooks should be Brees top target unless they trade up for a Cooper or White but still Cooks will still see a lot of balls with Graham out of the picture. I'm not excited about the rest of my WR's. This is my weak spot I think. Kendall Wright will score a few big weeks. Cruz and Huff are question marks. Cruz is coming back from a bad injury so it may take him a while to get back into football shape. I like Huffs potential and with Maclin gone he should see more targets. Streater was injured most of last season and is running under the radar right now. The previous season Streater came just a few yards away from being a 1000 yard receiver. Near the end of the draft I took flyers on Coates and Lockett.

1.08 Jimmy Graham TE SEA

I drafted a TE early. I believe Jimmy Graham will still see a lot of balls tossed his way in Seattle. Since I got Graham early I decided to wait on TE and with what was left in the 13th round I decided to draft the top TE in this years draft class in Maxx Williams. As long as Graham stays healthy I should only need Williams to help during Graham's bye week.

14.09 Randy Bullock PK HOU

15.08 Green Bay Packer D/ST

17.08 San Francisco 49ers D/ST

All in all it's an ok team. Not my favorite and not my least favorite team I ever drafted in the survivor leagues. My weakest position in my opinion is WR. I have two at the top that will be real good but the rest have a lot of question marks. I purposefully went with one PK so I could have another shot at finding another WR that will help during the season. In my opinion if there is one position you could take the chance on being short on PK is that position.

QB - Brees, Mallet, Hoyer: Hopefully locked down the Houston QB and have two to score most weeks. Grade B+

RB - ADP, Gurley, Robinson, Ball: Likely two starters, one solid weekly contributor, and weak contributor that has huge upside. Seems like an A-

WR - OBJ, Floyd (Ari), Harvin, Hunter, Strong, Jennings, Brown: One stud. I think Floyd exceeds his draft position but is a solid WR2. Who knows after that. Grade range C to B

TE - Reed, Rudolph: TE10 and TE14 would equate to a C+. This guys are being downgrade due to injury history and have shown talent that exceeds this draft position. Grade B-

D - KC, Pitt, Wash: I like trotting out three Ds. Based on numbers grade B.

K - Bailey: I know one other owner only took one and his kicker is worse than mine so I avoid the F-. Grade F

I have the talent to win this if things play out right...

1. Need ADP to stop abusing kids.

2. Need Gurley's knee to be OK early in the year.

3. Need Ball to get some work.

4. Need Palmer to stay upright for Floyd.

5. Need Harvin not to piss of his team.

6. Need Hunter to actually catch an occasional ball.

7. Need Jennings to sign somewhere.

8. Would be helpful if Strong goes to someone at the end of round one.

9. Need Rudolph and Reed to stay on the field

10. Need Bailey not to get hurt.

That is one ballsy team Bass. If I were a betting man I'd put equal amounts on you being a finalist and being out in the first two weeks.

The league is mine, but you guys did pretty well.

Bradford, Sam PHI QB (Q)
Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB (S)
Gore, Frank IND RB
McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB
Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR
Britt, Kenny STL WR
Cooper, Amari FA WR ® - -
Crabtree, Michael FA* WR
Green-Beckham, Dorial FA WR ® - -
Hurns, Allen JAC WR
Nicks, Hakeem FA WR
Parker, DeVante FA WR ®
Olsen, Greg CAR TE
Toilolo, Levine ATL TE
Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK
Santos, Cairo KCC PK
Dolphins, Miami MIA Def
Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def
Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

risky RISKY w only 3 rbs and 2 TE.

I think you took the wrong falcons TE. tamme shouldve been drafted late.
if olsen goes down, it;s over for me anyways... tamme wouldnt save it
Not sure you can make it through the Steelers bye week. Hopefully Bradford has success in Philly and AP leaves the Vikings. interesting to see what your WR group looks like Week 1 - so many questions but lots of potential.

Not sure you can make it through the Steelers bye week. Hopefully Bradford has success in Philly and AP leaves the Vikings. interesting to see what your WR group looks like Week 1 - so many questions but lots of potential.
Tough road going with two RBs for 6 weeks.

Im trying to understand this, but I dont... :whoosh:

Im trying to understand this, but I dont... :whoosh:
3 game suspension for Le'Veon plus 3 bye weeks (1 per RB)

QB: Stafford, Kaepernick, McCown. Both could be inconsisten but both are capable of huge scores in any one week. Hopefully they take turns. Nice combo to have for the SL and I like it alot. McCown was a total waste of a pick but he was best value left. I should score plenty from QB this year. He most likely starts unless they make a move for Mariota

RB: Forte, Veeren,Oliver, Richardson, Carey . I like the starters here. I got a stud and a PPR guys. Oliver will be the INTERESTING guy. He could be a huge steal or worthless after the draft. I dont think SD is going RB in round 1 and that he just might have some value in the end. last years 1st round pick richardson is another crapshoot and maybe he pulls a thomas Jones or Cedric Benson. Overall it could be good or could give me issues with depth.Carey helped the depth as I have the Chicago RB probably now for the year so just one bye week. Need the other 3 to fill 1 position per week. Looking not bad

WR: Allen, Hopkins, Boldein, Laimer, Devin Smith, Marlon Brown. It is not bad for my top 3. No stud but what should be 3 consistent guys.Latimer is suppose to see more targets in year 2 and could give me some nice weeks in a survivor. Devin stands as good a chance to do something as rookie as many of them drafted .Brown with Crabtree going to Oakland is the default starter. I am sure they draft a WR but he should get some good weeks here and there. Liking this group overall now

TE: Ertz, David, Pitta. Nezt to QB, I think my strongest position. Davis is the vet who should have a better year and seems like a steal where I got him. Ertz could really break out this year. Pitta might have been overkill here but he also screamed value and if he comes back healthy will put up Top 10 TE numbers. a very good unit overall. Could i have improved another position and got Pitta later. I guess wait to see what happened in PDSL2 when they catch up.

PK/ST. gostkowski, Sturgis, Jets. Got the best PK which will help some. Sturgis will keep his JOB as a young PK on a great contract. Jets with Bowles and FA should be very good this year ala Arizona a year ago. I think Jets have more talent. Needed a 2nd D and screwed up by not taking one in round 19 because I felt I just needed a warm body type of guy to pair with Jets

This is a good team other than the 1 D thing. One other team has 1 D also so can I beat them and the 1 PK guys who are in the same boat other than they could suffer injury. Just a stupid mistake on my part and I think hurt this team. Rather the D over Devin Smith for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread