What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 PDSL1 Discussion Thread (3 Viewers)

I think you took the wrong falcons TE. tamme shouldve been drafted late.
if olsen goes down, it;s over for me anyways... tamme wouldnt save it
Not sure you can make it through the Steelers bye week. Hopefully Bradford has success in Philly and AP leaves the Vikings. interesting to see what your WR group looks like Week 1 - so many questions but lots of potential.
Tough road going with two RBs for 6 weeks.
Im trying to understand this, but I dont... :whoosh:
3 game suspension for Le'Veon plus 3 bye weeks (1 per RB)
ahhh ya, gotcha. makes sense now.

I know he's appealing it, but we'll see how that goes.

QB: Stafford, Kaepernick, McCown. Both could be inconsisten but both are capable of huge scores in any one week. Hopefully they take turns. Nice combo to have for the SL and I like it alot. McCown was a total waste of a pick but he was best value left. I should score plenty from QB this year. He most likely starts unless they make a move for Mariota

RB: Forte, Veeren,Oliver, Richardson, Carey . I like the starters here. I got a stud and a PPR guys. Oliver will be the INTERESTING guy. He could be a huge steal or worthless after the draft. I dont think SD is going RB in round 1 and that he just might have some value in the end. last years 1st round pick richardson is another crapshoot and maybe he pulls a thomas Jones or Cedric Benson. Overall it could be good or could give me issues with depth.Carey helped the depth as I have the Chicago RB probably now for the year so just one bye week. Need the other 3 to fill 1 position per week. Looking not bad

WR: Allen, Hopkins, Boldein, Laimer, Devin Smith, Marlon Brown. It is not bad for my top 3. No stud but what should be 3 consistent guys.Latimer is suppose to see more targets in year 2 and could give me some nice weeks in a survivor. Devin stands as good a chance to do something as rookie as many of them drafted .Brown with Crabtree going to Oakland is the default starter. I am sure they draft a WR but he should get some good weeks here and there. Liking this group overall now

TE: Ertz, David, Pitta. Nezt to QB, I think my strongest position. Davis is the vet who should have a better year and seems like a steal where I got him. Ertz could really break out this year. Pitta might have been overkill here but he also screamed value and if he comes back healthy will put up Top 10 TE numbers. a very good unit overall. Could i have improved another position and got Pitta later. I guess wait to see what happened in PDSL2 when they catch up.

PK/ST. gostkowski, Sturgis, Jets. Got the best PK which will help some. Sturgis will keep his JOB as a young PK on a great contract. Jets with Bowles and FA should be very good this year ala Arizona a year ago. I think Jets have more talent. Needed a 2nd D and screwed up by not taking one in round 19 because I felt I just needed a warm body type of guy to pair with Jets

This is a good team other than the 1 D thing. One other team has 1 D also so can I beat them and the 1 PK guys who are in the same boat other than they could suffer injury. Just a stupid mistake on my part and I think hurt this team. Rather the D over Devin Smith for sure.
QB - Average QB1, good QB2 especially in this format, and maybe another starter. Grade B

RB - I see Forte tailing off but still a borderline stud. Want nothing to do with Vereen, think he's a system guy. Will have to wait and see on Oliver. Can't be excited about Richardson and if Carey turns out to be good you have other problems. Grade C

WR - Not bad for your top three but limited upside with each. Your backups are sub par. Latimer may make or break your success here. Grade D

TE - I like Davis to bounce back too. Great backup TE. Ertz killed many of us last year but showed flashes. Going to bump you one spot for Pitta since he's a crapshoot. Grade B

K - You got two and one stud. Grade B+

D - Only one and it's the Jets. Grade F-

Overall a pretty average team that has limited upside. Should hang around for for awhile by just staying above the cutline.

The league is mine, but you guys did pretty well.

Bradford, Sam PHI QB (Q)
Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB
Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB (S)
Gore, Frank IND RB
McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB
Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR
Britt, Kenny STL WR
Cooper, Amari FA WR ® - -
Crabtree, Michael FA* WR
Green-Beckham, Dorial FA WR ® - -
Hurns, Allen JAC WR
Nicks, Hakeem FA WR
Parker, DeVante FA WR ®
Olsen, Greg CAR TE
Toilolo, Levine ATL TE
Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK
Santos, Cairo KCC PK
Dolphins, Miami MIA Def
Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def
Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

risky RISKY w only 3 rbs and 2 TE.
QB - Ben is a good QB1 and Bradford should produce at Philly. Grade B+

RB - Bell will miss close to a quarter of your games but will be like 1.5 RBs in the remaining games. Gore is a very good RB2 but will have weeks where luck goes mostly air. McKinnon is going to be toting ADP water bottles. The group had the potential to be above average if you had added some depth. As it stands now I suspect your in the lower half of RB points. Grade C-

WR - Hard to evaluate but leaning train wreck. You only have three guys on an NFL roster at the moment. I not sure i could pick your W2 out of a police lineup. Benjamin is a below average WR1. I doubt anyone in this league would trade WR corps with you straight up. Grade F

TE - Olsen and ummmm. Good thing he's nearly a stud. Grade B+

K - You got two but yuck. Grade C-

D - Three will score well in this format. Grade A

It's not so much that I dislike any of your specific picks or that you make bad draft picks or reached. This team just doesn't come together as a whole. Your missing out on points at RB and the WR position is totally up in the air. You could conceivable finish in the upper half of ytd scoring teams and get the boot early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few stats looking at the Draft Dominator

1) QB - 37 total drafted, all teams have 2 and five teams grabbed three

2) RB - 73 total drafted, one team with 3, five teams with 4 and teams with 5

3) WR - 108 total drafted, six teams with 6, eight teams with 7 and two teams with 8

4) TE - 41 total drafted, seven teams with 2 and nine teams with 3

5) PK - 29 total drafted, three teams went solo and all the rest have 2

6) DST - 32 total drafted, three teams went solo, ten teams drafted 2 and three teams hogged 3

1) Surprised a bit that Soulfly who was the one team that took only three RBs included LeVeon Bell who will be suspended three games.

2) If Pitta can return to form, Crippler is stacked at TE with Pitta, V. Davis and Ertz

3) None of the teams with only one PK also have one DST

4) Nugget gets best team from last year award, ie I have not adjusted any production from last year's data and Nugget came in first under that criteria

5) BroadwayG got last (same system)

Team Holloway

QB - Peyton Manning 3.12

QB - Marcus Mariota 9.12

RB - Arian Foster 2.05

RB - Rashad Jennings 10.05

RB - Benny Cunningham 11.12

RN - Khiry Robinson 15.12

WR - Calvin Johnson 1.12

WR - Jeremy Maclin 4.05

WR - Mike Wallace 7.12

WR - Kenny Stills 8.05

WR - Breshad Perriman 16.05

WR - Devin Funchess 17.12

WR - Denarius Moore 20.05

TE - Antonio Gates 5.12

TE - Jason Witten 6.5

TE - Rob Housler 18.05

PK - Matt Bryant 13.12

PK - Chandler Catanzaro

DST - Buffalo Bills

DST - Oakland Raiders

busy and long day at work - will update with thoughts later

2) If Pitta can return to form, Crippler is stacked at TE with Pitta, V. Davis and Ertz
I see this tossed around a lot about Pitta......to me he is undraftable in this format.....in a league where you can add/drop....go for it.....but roster spots are just too valuable in these to snag a guy who is closer to retiring than he is to coming back in top 10 form....second hip dislocation/fracture in two years.....even if he does come back top 10 production is not a lock.....it's easy to add the words "if healthy" or "return to form" when discussing the pick, but IMO you can say whatever you want, but it doesn't make it good draft strategy in these.....there are better places to roll the dice, this injury ain't no joke...and I don't buy the "it was only a 15th round pick if it doesn't work out " schtick......

Davis.....meh....guess he could bounce back....and I like the Ertz pick....so if anything Pitta was probably overkill which makes the pick even worse in this format....just my 2 cents but this position is far from "stacked"..... :boxing:

My "picked mainly from my iPhone while sitting on a Caribbean beach drinking beer buckets" PDSL1 squad:

5.05 - Tom Brady, QB NE (QB9)
8.12 - Nick Foles, QB STL (QB23)

Nothing flashy, but two good value picks. Brady has one of the highest floors at the position, while Foles has a ton of offensive weapons in his new home and should have a pretty high ceiling if he can stay upright. Together they'll keep me in the mix every week. B

1.05 - Eddie Lacy, RB GB (RB4)
4.12 - Latavius Murray, RB OAK (RB21)
10.12 - Terrance West, RB CLE (RB45)
14.12 - Roy Helu, RB OAK (RB57)
16.12 - Dan Herron, RB IND (RB60)

Lacy was the last of the true workhorse RBs ... this team would look very different if I'd been picking at 1.06 instead of 1.05, as having one stud let me swing for a couple of upside guys in Murray and West. Murray in particular is getting me excited to watch Raiders games for the first time in I don't know how long. Helu serves as Murray insurance, but in PPR he's a good bet to score a few weeks on his own as well. Herron could have RB2 potential in the back half of the season if (a 32-year-old) Gore goes down. Happy with this bunch, especially since I don't see them facing top-end competition from the draft. A-

2.12 - DeSean Jackson, WR WAS (WR15)
3.05 - Jordan Matthews, WR PHI (WR18)
6.12 - Torrey Smith, WR BAL (WR33)
7.05 - Allen Robinson, WR JAX (WR37)
12.12 - Stedman Bailey, WR STL (WR71)
15.05 - Cecil Shorts, WR HOU (WR79)
19.05 - Jermaine Kearse, WR SEA (WR98)

Solid, but not as "wow" as I'd like for all the pick capital I spent here. Like having at least one deep threat in best-ball, so D-Jax and Torrey complement each other nicely here. Matthews and Robinson should both get plenty of looks, but neither have "stud" upside to them (or a stud QB throwing to them). Bailey will keep appearing on every one of my survivor teams if he keeps falling into the WR70 range - ridiculous value IMO. Shorts and Kearse are back-end JAGs who should be good for 8-10 points most weeks - probably didn't need them both. B

9.05 - Josh Hill, TE NO (TE21)
11.05 - Ladarius Green, TE SD (TE28)
20.12 - Troy Niklas, TE ARZ (TE40)

I've never seen TEs fly off the board as quickly and consistently as they did in this draft, and man did I pay the price. Hill's getting talked up by Peyton, but how much of that is talent and how much is coachspeak? Green is a good post-hype sleeper with big upside, but I'd much rather have him backing up a more reliable TE1. And Niklas is a complete shot in the dark with a grand total of 3 NFL catches. I wouldn't want to go to war with this trio in non-PPR ... in 2PPR, it's a trainwreck. F

13.05 - Mason Crosby, K GB (K2)
17.05 - Giants, DST NYG (DST20)
18.12 - Falcons, DST ATL (DST25)

As with Bass, I like grabbing a stud kicker early to have the option to fly solo if need be. I see the Falcons making big strides this year under Quinn, while the Giants are one of those D's that tend to buckle up the chinstraps when the weather turns cold ... if it'll matter by then. C-

Overall: Teams can be greater or lesser than the sum of their parts, and ... this one is definitely the latter. I didn't really need to go 5-deep at RB and 7-deep at WR and, if I had, should have subbed out a mid-rounder at each position and built myself a decent TEBC instead of the flaming dumpster fire I wound up with. If I get anything more than bottom-3 performance from my TE spot, I could be in position to make the final 4. Sadly, that's probably a pipe dream, and I'd be surprised if I'm still around by Halloween.

QB - Brees, Mallet, Hoyer: Hopefully locked down the Houston QB and have two to score most weeks. Grade B+

RB - ADP, Gurley, Robinson, Ball: Likely two starters, one solid weekly contributor, and weak contributor that has huge upside. Seems like an A-

WR - OBJ, Floyd (Ari), Harvin, Hunter, Strong, Jennings, Brown: One stud. I think Floyd exceeds his draft position but is a solid WR2. Who knows after that. Grade range C to B

TE - Reed, Rudolph: TE10 and TE14 would equate to a C+. This guys are being downgrade due to injury history and have shown talent that exceeds this draft position. Grade B-

D - KC, Pitt, Wash: I like trotting out three Ds. Based on numbers grade B.

K - Bailey: I know one other owner only took one and his kicker is worse than mine so I avoid the F-. Grade F

I have the talent to win this if things play out right...

1. Need ADP to stop abusing kids.

2. Need Gurley's knee to be OK early in the year.

3. Need Ball to get some work.

4. Need Palmer to stay upright for Floyd.

5. Need Harvin not to piss of his team.

6. Need Hunter to actually catch an occasional ball.

7. Need Jennings to sign somewhere.

8. Would be helpful if Strong goes to someone at the end of round one.

9. Need Rudolph and Reed to stay on the field

10. Need Bailey not to get hurt.
:stirspot:

in best ball I like what you did here but Gurley may need to to pay off as you may get nothing out of your last 2 RB's....Denard flashed but will have to see how things shake out there and he doesn't seem like an every down/every week type of guy....more a decent matchup play, but worried he will get beat up....heck ADP could end up there when the dust settles....

love the 3 dst....but hate the Hoyer pick.....should have just drawn a line in the sand after Mallet and called it good with Brees in tow.....Hoyer cold have been 2nd PK that could save your bacon (Gould/Succop/etc)...or a 5th RB in case that flames out....

probably give you a higher grade at TE but a lower one at RB.....and at some point you might need to cut the cord to Harvin... :lmao:

If AP leaves MIN, as I hoped/intended when I made my McKinnon pick, Im going to shock you all.

If not, I am in serious trouble.

QB - Brees, Mallet, Hoyer: Hopefully locked down the Houston QB and have two to score most weeks. Grade B+

RB - ADP, Gurley, Robinson, Ball: Likely two starters, one solid weekly contributor, and weak contributor that has huge upside. Seems like an A-

WR - OBJ, Floyd (Ari), Harvin, Hunter, Strong, Jennings, Brown: One stud. I think Floyd exceeds his draft position but is a solid WR2. Who knows after that. Grade range C to B

TE - Reed, Rudolph: TE10 and TE14 would equate to a C+. This guys are being downgrade due to injury history and have shown talent that exceeds this draft position. Grade B-

D - KC, Pitt, Wash: I like trotting out three Ds. Based on numbers grade B.

K - Bailey: I know one other owner only took one and his kicker is worse than mine so I avoid the F-. Grade F

I have the talent to win this if things play out right...

1. Need ADP to stop abusing kids.

2. Need Gurley's knee to be OK early in the year.

3. Need Ball to get some work.

4. Need Palmer to stay upright for Floyd.

5. Need Harvin not to piss of his team.

6. Need Hunter to actually catch an occasional ball.

7. Need Jennings to sign somewhere.

8. Would be helpful if Strong goes to someone at the end of round one.

9. Need Rudolph and Reed to stay on the field

10. Need Bailey not to get hurt.
:stirspot:

in best ball I like what you did here but Gurley may need to to pay off as you may get nothing out of your last 2 RB's....Denard flashed but will have to see how things shake out there and he doesn't seem like an every down/every week type of guy....more a decent matchup play, but worried he will get beat up....heck ADP could end up there when the dust settles....

love the 3 dst....but hate the Hoyer pick.....should have just drawn a line in the sand after Mallet and called it good with Brees in tow.....Hoyer cold have been 2nd PK that could save your bacon (Gould/Succop/etc)...or a 5th RB in case that flames out....

probably give you a higher grade at TE but a lower one at RB.....and at some point you might need to cut the cord to Harvin... :lmao:
We may have had this discussion before, but I don't see any way Ball doesn't get 8-10 carries a week. Remember last year when I was trying to get you to draft Anderson in all of our leagues? Get ready for part deux when I hound you to pick Ball.

QB: Stafford, Kaepernick, McCown. Both could be inconsisten but both are capable of huge scores in any one week. Hopefully they take turns. Nice combo to have for the SL and I like it alot. McCown was a total waste of a pick but he was best value left. I should score plenty from QB this year. He most likely starts unless they make a move for Mariota

RB: Forte, Veeren,Oliver, Richardson, Carey . I like the starters here. I got a stud and a PPR guys. Oliver will be the INTERESTING guy. He could be a huge steal or worthless after the draft. I dont think SD is going RB in round 1 and that he just might have some value in the end. last years 1st round pick richardson is another crapshoot and maybe he pulls a thomas Jones or Cedric Benson. Overall it could be good or could give me issues with depth.Carey helped the depth as I have the Chicago RB probably now for the year so just one bye week. Need the other 3 to fill 1 position per week. Looking not bad

WR: Allen, Hopkins, Boldein, Laimer, Devin Smith, Marlon Brown. It is not bad for my top 3. No stud but what should be 3 consistent guys.Latimer is suppose to see more targets in year 2 and could give me some nice weeks in a survivor. Devin stands as good a chance to do something as rookie as many of them drafted .Brown with Crabtree going to Oakland is the default starter. I am sure they draft a WR but he should get some good weeks here and there. Liking this group overall now

TE: Ertz, David, Pitta. Nezt to QB, I think my strongest position. Davis is the vet who should have a better year and seems like a steal where I got him. Ertz could really break out this year. Pitta might have been overkill here but he also screamed value and if he comes back healthy will put up Top 10 TE numbers. a very good unit overall. Could i have improved another position and got Pitta later. I guess wait to see what happened in PDSL2 when they catch up.

PK/ST. gostkowski, Sturgis, Jets. Got the best PK which will help some. Sturgis will keep his JOB as a young PK on a great contract. Jets with Bowles and FA should be very good this year ala Arizona a year ago. I think Jets have more talent. Needed a 2nd D and screwed up by not taking one in round 19 because I felt I just needed a warm body type of guy to pair with Jets

This is a good team other than the 1 D thing. One other team has 1 D also so can I beat them and the 1 PK guys who are in the same boat other than they could suffer injury. Just a stupid mistake on my part and I think hurt this team. Rather the D over Devin Smith for sure.
QB - Average QB1, good QB2 especially in this format, and maybe another starter. Grade B

RB - I see Forte tailing off but still a borderline stud. Want nothing to do with Vereen, think he's a system guy. Will have to wait and see on Oliver. Can't be excited about Richardson and if Carey turns out to be good you have other problems. Grade C

WR - Not bad for your top three but limited upside with each. Your backups are sub par. Latimer may make or break your success here. Grade D

TE - I like Davis to bounce back too. Great backup TE. Ertz killed many of us last year but showed flashes. Going to bump you one spot for Pitta since he's a crapshoot. Grade B

K - You got two and one stud. Grade B+

D - Only one and it's the Jets. Grade F-

Overall a pretty average team that has limited upside. Should hang around for for awhile by just staying above the cutline.
Pretty much agree with Bass here. IMO, will get eliminated once bye weeks start due to lack of depth at RB and WR.

Soulfly loves being the underdog.
You're not an underdog. You're a lottery ticket on a long shot.

Assuming Bradford is the PHI QB, then you have great QBs. 3 RBs is just too thin and as others have said, having only 2 RBs for 6 weeks will kill you. If AP stays in MIN and Bell suspension remains, good chance you're out first 3 weeks, as your 3 roookie WR squad will take time to develop. Basically only have 1 TE in Olsen. Toilolo was a waste.

It seems to me that you drafted more a H2H style with in-season moves...Good starters with really no backup/depth. That will eventually be your undoing.

My "picked mainly from my iPhone while sitting on a Caribbean beach drinking beer buckets" PDSL1 squad:

Nothing flashy, but two good value picks. Brady has one of the highest floors at the position, while Foles has a ton of offensive weapons in his new home and should have a pretty high ceiling if he can stay upright. Together they'll keep me in the mix every week. B

Lacy was the last of the true workhorse RBs ... this team would look very different if I'd been picking at 1.06 instead of 1.05, as having one stud let me swing for a couple of upside guys in Murray and West. Murray in particular is getting me excited to watch Raiders games for the first time in I don't know how long. Helu serves as Murray insurance, but in PPR he's a good bet to score a few weeks on his own as well. Herron could have RB2 potential in the back half of the season if (a 32-year-old) Gore goes down. Happy with this bunch, especially since I don't see them facing top-end competition from the draft. A-

Solid, but not as "wow" as I'd like for all the pick capital I spent here. Like having at least one deep threat in best-ball, so D-Jax and Torrey complement each other nicely here. Matthews and Robinson should both get plenty of looks, but neither have "stud" upside to them (or a stud QB throwing to them). Bailey will keep appearing on every one of my survivor teams if he keeps falling into the WR70 range - ridiculous value IMO. Shorts and Kearse are back-end JAGs who should be good for 8-10 points most weeks - probably didn't need them both. B

I've never seen TEs fly off the board as quickly and consistently as they did in this draft, and man did I pay the price. Hill's getting talked up by Peyton, but how much of that is talent and how much is coachspeak? Green is a good post-hype sleeper with big upside, but I'd much rather have him backing up a more reliable TE1. And Niklas is a complete shot in the dark with a grand total of 3 NFL catches. I wouldn't want to go to war with this trio in non-PPR ... in 2PPR, it's a trainwreck. F

As with Bass, I like grabbing a stud kicker early to have the option to fly solo if need be. I see the Falcons making big strides this year under Quinn, while the Giants are one of those D's that tend to buckle up the chinstraps when the weather turns cold ... if it'll matter by then. C-

Overall: Teams can be greater or lesser than the sum of their parts, and ... this one is definitely the latter. I didn't really need to go 5-deep at RB and 7-deep at WR and, if I had, should have subbed out a mid-rounder at each position and built myself a decent TEBC instead of the flaming dumpster fire I wound up with. If I get anything more than bottom-3 performance from my TE spot, I could be in position to make the final 4. Sadly, that's probably a pipe dream, and I'd be surprised if I'm still around by Halloween.
Good assessment...can't really argue against it. TE is key here. I don't see Green or Niklas doing much but if Hill can give you some quality scores, then I like this team. Good starters/depth at most positions.

yup, that's how I drafted.

I didnt think Bell would get 3 games. and i wanted to hit on at least 2 rookies if i can... i feel with the ones I drafted, they may out of the gate like some of this year's did.

we'll see... this is my first time in this type of league, so it;s a lesson learned. plus never done anything bigger than a 12 man league... this was wayyyy different.

anyways... we'll see. it was fun, regardless

yup, that's how I drafted.

I didnt think Bell would get 3 games. and i wanted to hit on at least 2 rookies if i can... i feel with the ones I drafted, they may out of the gate like some of this year's did.

we'll see... this is my first time in this type of league, so it;s a lesson learned. plus never done anything bigger than a 12 man league... this was wayyyy different.

anyways... we'll see. it was fun, regardless
I avoided the temptation to pile on so you got that going for you......

when push comes to shove you have to find that balance of steady eddie and swing for the fences picks....as the weeks move on, especially bye weeks, that RB or WR that gets you double digits here or there to keep you on the plus side of the cut line can be very valuable.....at the same time hitting the 3 run homer is often what it takes to put you over the top.....but the "I'll draft 4-5 homerun picks and hope to hit on 2 of them" mentality is tough with every roster spot being so valuable.....

glad to have you along for the ride, and while sometimes in here it may seem like we all think we know more than anybody else, we really don't.....this is a great sounding board spot to bounce things off one another.....but don't get me wrong, you are swimming with some really good fantasy talent in here.....these leagues are tough to win.....I still haven't figured out the best/worst strategies, cause there really isn't one....and we all still make mistakes....you just need to try and not repeat the same ones (only 3 RB, etc).....and careful about even joking comments about winning the whole ####### thing......karma can reach whole new levels in here.....

personally I like your team more than some of the other guys in here will.....(except for just a couple picks where I would have gone a different direction).....

good luck....... :banned:

My trash talk is just to add some fun/spice in here.

Been around too long to kno that even the slickest looking team can finish dead last.

Figured Id go all out and have some fun w it. A few regrets along the way, buy hey... Learned the hard way how 16team leagues differ

Been around too long to kno that even the slickest looking team can finish dead last.

Figured Id go all out and have some fun w it. A few regrets along the way, buy hey... Learned the hard way how 16team leagues differ
lol....no worries, I say bring it on....gets a little stuffy in here

and jump in on the Anarchy Leagues when they fire up closer to the season......those are solid, basically same format (16, draft and done, scoring, etc.) but not survivor or best ball....total points all the way through super bowl....lots of fun and in many ways.... a truer test of your projection/drafting skills....

Stinkin Ref said:
Soulfly3 said:

lol....no worries, I say bring it on....gets a little stuffy in here

and jump in on the Anarchy Leagues when they fire up closer to the season......those are solid, basically same format (16, draft and done, scoring, etc.) but not survivor or best ball....total points all the way through super bowl....lots of fun and in many ways.... a truer test of your projection/drafting skills....
I'll definitely get in on one of those...

Trying to remember which league I was in last year... started slow, but by the end of the season, I went 4-5 weeks almost unbeaten (it was a FBG league where you play everyone head to head)

Went from the basement to near the top.. I gotta see who was in that

ETA: it was BBAPL 1 last year.. and you were in it!!! finished 1 game better than me! LOL (also, I had no idea that was a 16team... I thought this was my first go)

1 Shadowfax 180-75-0

2 reaper 178-77-0

3 Jeaton6 156-99-0

4 Stinkin Ref 147-107-1

5 Soulfly 146-109-0

6 Bamac 145-110-0

7 Old Milwaukee 139-114-2

8 bro1ncos 133-122-0

9 fiddles 125-130-0

10 BroadwayG 122-133-0

11 by the sea wannabe 121-133-1

12 Valence 116-139-0

13 krsone21 102-153-0

14 HellToupee 88-166-1

15 False start 83-171-1

16 FF WMD 56-199-0

Link to my roster for that team, which seemed to follow pretty closely what I did this time around... UGLY UGLYYYYYYY rb crew tho lol

http://football15.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=72192&O=07&F=0013

Matt Ryan

Andy Dalton

2 definite starters. Ryan good. Dalton meh but prone to some high scores. Like Palmer better but went with Dalton due to some injury concerns with Palmer.

Jamaal Charles

Andre Williams

Theo Riddick

Charles Sims

Travaris Cadet

Passed on Bell for JC due to suspension fears. Might have taken AWill and Riddick a bit early but like both potentials. Have Jennings in WSL so went the other route in AWill here. Don't know how this is going to shake out sharing time with Jennings and Vereen but he should be in GL packages. Like Riddick to step into the Bush role -- 50-60 catches should be feasible. Sims should be another PPR option and Cadet was a flyer hoping he fills the Vereen role. Group won't really help win immunities but the PPR capabilities should keep it above water.

TY Hilton

Emmanuel Sanders

Julian Edelman

Rueben Randle

Dwayne Bowe

Harry Douglas

Love the first 3...little light on TDs but all have 85+ reception potential. Stated earlier I don't believe in Cruz this year and think Randle benefits...unless NYG draft another breakout WR. Hopefully Bowe rebounds a bit but has to at least match last year's 60-700-0 line, which is fine for WR5. Almost went with Philly Brown over Douglas but I think Douglas may provide more consistent numbers (and Hunter sucks), which I wanted because I knew I was only going 6 deep here.

Delanie Walker

Richard Rodgers

Garrett Graham

Meh. Walker benefited from crappy QB/WR play last year. Things don't look like they've improved that much so I expect he'll fall around TE10. TEs went quickly here and when 8 more fell off the board in rounds 7-8, I punted TE2. Hoping Rodgers and Graham can score a couple times for me when I need it.

Matt Prater

Shayne Graham

Denver

Indianapolis

2 dome kickers. 2 ok defenses with offenses that should score enough to give them scoring opportunities.

QB R Wilson 9

QB J Winston ® ??

Eh, not too bad. Winston, I believe, WILL be drafted by the Bucs and WILL be the starter Week 1. Total wildcard.

RB D Murray 8

RB J Forsett 9

RB T Coleman ® ??

RB J Langdon ® ??

RB R Hillman 7

First two RBs are good. Other three...? Lot of risk here. I better nail it with at least one of them, and Hillman is likely the #3 guy in DEN, sooooo...

WR J Nelson 7

WR R White 10

WR L Fitz 9

WR E Royal 7

WR Blackmon 8

WR M Sanu 7

Really liking my first three WRs. Solid, especially if Palmer stays upright. Was kinda hoping Fitz would go elsewhere, like NE, buuut.... Other three CAN be decent, and will have a few blowup weeks here and there. All hinges on whether Blackmon can get his crap together and play. If he does, I feel lot better having only 6.

TE C Clay 8

TE T Wright 4

TE S Chandler 4

Eh, not great. Clay I have high hopes for. I think he'll finish top 7 or 8 by year's end. The other two I'm hoping will get a number of balls thrown their way each week when teams try to triple team Gronk.

K D Carpenter 8

K K Forbath 8

DST Lions 9

DST Ravens 9

Two decent K and two decent DST. Check and check.

Overall, not bad, but a good bit of risk at some positions. Need some people to step it up to last!

1.14 14. Norseman Green, A.J. CIN WR

2.03 19. Norseman Luck, Andrew IND QB

3.14 46. Norseman Hyde, Carlos SFO RB

4.03 51. Norseman Bryant, Martavis PIT WR

5.14 78. Norseman Abdullah, Ameer FA RB ®

6.03 83. Norseman Ajayi, Jay FA RB ®

7.14 110. Norseman Fleener, Coby IND TE

8.03 115. Norseman Ebron, Eric DET TE

9.14 142. Norseman Johnson, Charles MIN WR

10.03 147. Norseman Brown, John ARI WR

11.14 174. Norseman Sproles, Darren PHI RB

12.03 179. Norseman Texans, Houston HOU Def

13.14 206. Norseman Hauschka, Steven SEA PK

14.03 211. Norseman Floyd, Malcom SDC WR

15.14 238. Norseman Holmes, Andre OAK WR

16.03 243. Norseman Wheaton, Markus PIT WR

17.14 270. Norseman Murray, Patrick TBB PK

18.03 275. Norseman Manuel, E.J. BUF QB

19.14 302. Norseman Michael, Christine SEA RB F

20.03 307. Norseman Cassel, Matt BUF QB

QB Luck, Manuel, Cassel - You would think I would have learned from WSL to take QB2 before the sure things are gone. Probably would have been better to roll with just Luck and hope to get by on his bye than to waste 2 picks on most likely a 1week score.

RB Hyde, Abdullah, Ajayi, Sproles, Michael- Not really excited about this group unless one of the rookies lands in a good spot as a starter. Hope to get enough from this group.

WR Green, Bryant, Johnson, Brown, Floyd, Holmes, Wheaton - I like my depth, should be able to get 3 decent scores a week.

TE Fleener, Ebron - like Fleener better than Allen and Luck makes all his targets better. I've heard that the Lions are looking to get Ebron more involved. I should get at least a middle of the pack TE score from these two.

PK Hauschka, Murray - above average and I got two

DEF Houston- one of the top defenses, but only got one. Wasn't expecting to miss out on a second

Pretty solid team, except only one defense and poor QB2

Shadowfax said:
Mr. Irrelevant said:

Good assessment...can't really argue against it. TE is key here. I don't see Green or Niklas doing much but if Hill can give you some quality scores, then I like this team. Good starters/depth at most positions.
Maybe it is just me. I like the QB spot and that is it other than PK. Lacy is a good RB1 but the rest I think will disappoint big time and dont like any of them that much. No where near an A. I rather have my crew still and Bass gave me a C. I truly think TE where they score 2 PPR is hurting big time. WR overall will get the job done but it just not a team that excites me but than no other team does when I look at them all.

I find it interesting that Bass likes Big Ben/Bradford over Stafford/Kaepernick/McCown in grades. I would have still take Stafford over Big Ben no matter what the coach says about running more. I dont like Bradford to ever last a season and that Philly line is not that good. And I still think chance he is in Cleveland. No way I trade mine for those and that is again why opinions can be so different

The Pitta comment. I agree it is a risk but word has been pretty good. I had Gresham as the other guy I was going to take there. I know I need a D and that was my screwup but when looking at all the last round picks, you see alot of not much and I rather take a flyer on a guy who will be top 10 if he plays than grab a guy you know will get you maybe 1 week if you are lucky.

Maybe it is just me. I like the QB spot and that is it other than PK. Lacy is a good RB1 but the rest I think will disappoint big time and dont like any of them that much. No where near an A. I rather have my crew still and Bass gave me a C. I truly think TE where they score 2 PPR is hurting big time. WR overall will get the job done but it just not a team that excites me but than no other team does when I look at them all.

I find it interesting that Bass likes Big Ben/Bradford over Stafford/Kaepernick/McCown in grades. I would have still take Stafford over Big Ben no matter what the coach says about running more. I dont like Bradford to ever last a season and that Philly line is not that good. And I still think chance he is in Cleveland. No way I trade mine for those and that is again why opinions can be so different
Obviously Bass hasn't graded out my team yet, but I wouldn't let his (or anyone's) assessment color things too much.

Personally I wouldn't trade my squad for yours either ... and definitely not the RB corps :D ... but that's what makes these things interesting. I don't think either one of our squads has what it takes to win it all though. I think you're likely to make it through 6-8 weeks before getting bounced, while (thanks to Murray, West, and my throw-####-against-the-wall at TE) I'm more likely to be among the first few out but also more likely to stick around into December. Pick yer poison.

The Pitta comment. I agree it is a risk but word has been pretty good. I had Gresham as the other guy I was going to take there. I know I need a D and that was my screwup but when looking at all the last round picks, you see alot of not much and I rather take a flyer on a guy who will be top 10 if he plays than grab a guy you know will get you maybe 1 week if you are lucky.
jumping in on your discussion:

RB: many/most teams in these leagues will struggle to post a solid RB2 score as most do not go RB/RB to start the draft....for many it's RB2BC....for that reason I kind of disagree with Crippler here as I think Mr. I has a pretty good start at his RB2BC with Murray who has shown signs that he possibly could be very productive.....the talent seems there....West, Helu, and Herron seem to round it out okay when you think about 4 guys trying to give you one score.....I'm not real big on giving grades for individual positions, but with a ton of questions at RB this year, I don't think this is a bad stable.....if Murray is a complete bust, then yeah it will be a struggle, but it is a struggle for most at RB2 anyway, so you are not losing a ton "to the majority of the field" if that is a weak position.....

WR: nothing crazy one way or the other but I think it was a good call going 7 deep and adding Kearse in the 19th....there is some volatility in your top 3 and I thought you added solid depth to help cover some of that

TE: agreed that right now it looks like a train wreck....interesting though if Hill becomes/stays the TE1 there and Gates gets hurt, all of a sudden you never know and it could be serviceable.....but yeah admittedly a somewhat ugly look in mid-April....but things change....

two more things:

1. the bolded above....no way is that is a lock...but those drafting Pitta will keep thinking so, so I guess that's fine by me....

2. you guys are giving Bass way too much love here..... ;)

I'll Rank my Own Team:

QB: A (Personally, I think I have the best 1/2 punch going... Sanchez put up solid #s in PHI... Bradford is miles ahead... and he's my qb2)

Bradford, Sam PHI QB (Q)

RB: Depends on Bell appeal and AP leaving MIN (Upside of A, downside of C-)
Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB (S)
Gore, Frank IND RB
McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB

WR: C (tons of upside but far too much unknown... though based on last year's crop, Im hopeful)
Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR
Britt, Kenny STL WR
Crabtree, Michael FA* WR
Hurns, Allen JAC WR
Nicks, Hakeem FA WR
Parker, DeVante FA WR ®

TE: A- (depending on one TE, and that was the entire point from the start.... He goes down, season's over regardless)
Olsen, Greg CAR TE
Toilolo, Levine ATL TE

K: No Idea, don't care
Santos, Cairo KCC PK

DEF: B+ (Miami solid, the rest can hit here and there)
Dolphins, Miami MIA Def

Shadowfax said:
Mr. Irrelevant said:

Basically comparing a B to a B+ is lining up all 16 teams in order at QB strength and saying I have Soulfly one spot higher that Crippler. Basically it's a push. I think Ben and Stafford are pretty much a push in this format. Stafford more consistent, Ben with those big weeks that can win immunity. In this format Kap has less value. I expect Bradford to excel in Kelly's system assuming he remains there. When I've look at the numbers in the past, marginal second QBs are basically only worth 20-30 points in this format (assuming no injuries). Marginal third QBs have to be almost worthless.

I'll Rank my Own Team:

QB: A (Personally, I think I have the best 1/2 punch going... Sanchez put up solid #s in PHI... Bradford is miles ahead... and he's my qb2)

Bradford, Sam PHI QB (Q)

Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB (S)
Gore, Frank IND RB
McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB

WR: C (tons of upside but far too much unknown... though based on last year's crop, Im hopeful)
Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR
Britt, Kenny STL WR
Crabtree, Michael FA* WR
Hurns, Allen JAC WR
Nicks, Hakeem FA WR
Parker, DeVante FA WR ®

TE: A- (depending on one TE, and that was the entire point from the start.... He goes down, season's over regardless)
Olsen, Greg CAR TE
Toilolo, Levine ATL TE

Santos, Cairo KCC PK

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def
As an aside, while I didn't rank all the teams by position this year, in theory that's how I give out grades.

1 - A+

2 - A

3 - A-

4 - B+

5 - B

6 - B-

7 - C+

8 - C

9 - C

10 - C-

11 - D+

12 - D

13 - D-

14 - F+

15 - F

16 - F-

So when I give someone a C, I expect that position to fall middle of the pack in scoring. At this point in time grades are going to tend to cluster towards the middle.

I'll Rank my Own Team:

Bradford, Sam PHI QB (Q)

Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB (S)
Gore, Frank IND RB
McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB

Benjamin, Kelvin CAR WR
Britt, Kenny STL WR
Crabtree, Michael FA* WR
Hurns, Allen JAC WR
Nicks, Hakeem FA WR
Parker, DeVante FA WR ®

Olsen, Greg CAR TE
Toilolo, Levine ATL TE

Santos, Cairo KCC PK

Dolphins, Miami MIA Def
QB: I would probably take Crippler's trifecta over your dou.....and maybe a couple of the other dou's that include an elite stud....Ben had a career year helped tremendously by his back to back huge 6 TD weeks...and IMO that might make it more of an outlier with his ceiling somewhat below that.....I would not be expecting a repeat performance, but he is still a solid fantasy QB....Bradford hasn't completed a pass since week 7 of 2013 and it's not like he was tearing it up before that....so not sure what "miles ahead" means, but I'll hold off on that assessment for awhile......

RB: Bell/Gore was a great start and would have made this position a strength, but you did nothing to support your strength.....a strength can quickly become a weakness....which it did here....it's a shame that what started as a strength may eliminate you.....you only need to not advance one week and your season is over....Dwilly didn't go until the last pick of the 17th round.....you had plenty of chances to at least pull the trigger there, and your leaguemates actually did you a favor by letting you off the hook and giving you a chance for that long to not only handcuff your stud, but get a 3 week starter.....huge misplay....you took your 3rd RB in round 6 and then never sniffed another one.....instead going 3 DST and Nicks....guess I'm not real good at this "not piling on" stuff...that didn't last too long.....welcome to the survivors......

WR: as stated before, I will like your WR's more than others in here but some question marks.....

TE: Toilolo has already shown he is not a/the pass catching TE.....there is a reason Tamme was signed.....

8.16 B Bortles

9.01 A Smith

20.16 B Hundley

2.16 L Miller

3.01 T Mason

5.01 J Stewart

11.01 TJ Yeldon

16.16 F Jackson

4.16 J Landry

6.16 E Decker

7.01 B LaFell

10.16 D Baldwin

12.16 M Wilson

13.01 M Lee

1.01 R Gronkowski

19.01 V Green

14.16 G Gano

15.01 N Novak

17.01 Browns

18.16 Cowboys

Gronk #1 overall was a lock, but taking a TE normally puts you in a real bind at RB or WR later on in these. Amazingly, I managed to avoid that and only be very short at QB. Even that isn't as bad as I expected when I skipped the position at the 6/7 turn. Everything fell perfectly for me, which probably means an early exit.

I should have a huge advantage over the field at RB and TE. I'd say my X-factors are Wilson and Lee. If they both flop, I'll likely hang around until Gronk has an off day. If one of them can turn into a viable WR3, and the bye weeks turn out in my favor, I like my chances.

I'm very surprised that Stewart is so unloved in these parts. He tore it up after the bye last year.

Fred Jackson at RB62 seems way off. No way he's the worst backup RB in the NFL. What a gift.

The Hundley pick would have been Tamme if we had a flex, but with Gronk on board I struggled with even drafting a 2nd TE.

RB: Bell/Gore was a great start and would have made this position a strength, but you did nothing to support your strength.....a strength can quickly become a weakness....which it did here....it's a shame that what started as a strength may eliminate you.....you only need to not advance one week and your season is over....Dwilly didn't go until the last pick of the 17th round.....you had plenty of chances to at least pull the trigger there, and your leaguemates actually did yo a favor by letting you off the hook and giving you a chance to not only handcuff your stud, but get a 3 week starter.....huge misplay....you took your 3rd RB in round 6 and then never sniffed another one.....instead going 3 DST and Nicks....
Agree here, this was my biggest mistake. Between hell at work and being on my phone to draft, I got a bit sloppy... Had I have sat down and had time to think, I likely wouldve drafted at least one more RB

Im going to hold off on my assessment until the AP situation clears up... If he's out of MIN, I will be content. Not thrilled, but pretty happy... If not... I have to pray for some monster weeks in my other positions to cover my ### while Bell is suspended

RB: Bell/Gore was a great start and would have made this position a strength, but you did nothing to support your strength.....a strength can quickly become a weakness....which it did here....it's a shame that what started as a strength may eliminate you.....you only need to not advance one week and your season is over....Dwilly didn't go until the last pick of the 17th round.....you had plenty of chances to at least pull the trigger there, and your leaguemates actually did yo a favor by letting you off the hook and giving you a chance to not only handcuff your stud, but get a 3 week starter.....huge misplay....you took your 3rd RB in round 6 and then never sniffed another one.....instead going 3 DST and Nicks....
Agree here, this was my biggest mistake. Between hell at work and being on my phone to draft, I got a bit sloppy... Had I have sat down and had time to think, I likely wouldve drafted at least one more RB

Im going to hold off on my assessment until the AP situation clears up... If he's out of MIN, I will be content. Not thrilled, but pretty happy... If not... I have to pray for some monster weeks in my other positions to cover my ### while Bell is suspended
:ptts:

sorry....not buyin what you are selling.....you were by far the most active owner in this league and I'm probably the only person that was in this forum more than you over the last several weeks.....you had a handle on what was up....it was a mistake, no big deal, a gamble, you got cute, .....hell it might pay off...who knows

but I'd stick with the "it's my first survivor" "first 16 team league" "don't know the strategy" shtick......it will give you more street cred.... ;)

:ptts:

sorry....not buyin what you are selling.....you were by far the most active owner in this league and I'm probably the only person that was in this forum more than you over the last several weeks.....you had a handle on what was up....it was a mistake, no big deal, a gamble, you got cute, .....hell it might pay off...who knows

but I'd stick with the "it's my first survivor" "first 16 team league" "don't know the strategy" shtick......it will give you more street cred.... ;)
yes, yesssssssssssssssssssssss smack talk!!!

this is why I join leagues.

but hey, for all the smack talk, you finished 1 single game ahead of me last year, and you're a "seasoned vet"... so this time around, prepare to tell me how my "### tastes" (a la Shaq) :lol:

good stuff, gents

no worries.....just don't have your laundry list of excuses built in before the season even gets tee'd up....nobody wants to hear the "I woulda won if I wasn't slammed at work and had to draft on my cell phone" noise...you picked your team, if you lose take it for what it is don't blame it on work or a cell phone....we all/most got stuff going on....just leave it at "I got sloppy"....and call it good...

good luck

QB:

5.07 Phillip Rivers

6.10 Jay Cutler

Both QB's can put up 30+pt games on a regular basis. Last season they finished at QB9 and QB13. Both have a good amount of variance - can score with the Luck's and Rodgers of the world - but also can put together a sub 10pt performance.

Grade: C+

RB:

3.07 Alfred Morris

4.10 Joique Bell

10.10 Knile Davis

11.07 LaGarrette Blount

Bell and Morris are starters and don't have a lot of competition. Helu is out of Washington and Bush went west. Draft is still a threat but I don't see it. Knile Davis is a great backup and could be gold in the KC offense. With a healthy Jamaal, he will still have explosive games and count. Blount may have dropped due to the suspension, but 1 game I can handle. He is the big back for the NEP until he pisses of BB. Worth the risk in the 11th. Went with 4 as I didn't see additional need or value later in the draft. Only a handful of RB groups I'd want to swap with - and some of those had 5 roster spots.

Grade: B+

WR

1.07 Demaryius Thomas

2.10 Randall Cobb

9.07 Marques Colston

12.10 Marvin Jones

17.07 Tavon Austin

18.10 Riley Cooper

20.10 Duron Carter

Really like the top 4 WRs here, and bottom 3 provide opportunity for explosive contributions. DT should get more targets, especially redzone with the loss of Julius Thomas and to a lesser extent Wes Welker. Cobb stayed with the Packers and I now have 2 top 10 WRs in top 5 passing offenses. Colston improved in my eyes much like DT - Jimmy Graham to Seattle and Stills to Miami open up more targets. Very happy to pick him up in the 9th. Marvin Jones had a great 2013 - hoping he comes back healed and makes a great #2 with AJG. Top 2 carry the group - with lots of potential.

Grade: A

TE

7.07 Dwayne Allen

8.10 Tyler Eifert

No idea here. Luck likes his TEs - but there are a lot of weapons in Indy. Eifert has great potential but injury derailed 2014. Wish I had more confidence with the relatively high picks spent on my TE's

Grade: D

K&D

13.07 Cody Parker

14.10 Greg Zuerlein

15.07 New England Patriots

16.10 Minnesota Vikings

19.07 Chicago Bears

Two kickers - Parker had a great 2014. Zuerlein plays in a dome. I wanted 2 with job security and potential.

Three defenses - Should pick up 5-6 points on the average team due to the extra investment.

K Grade: B+

DST Grade: A-

Team could go far if TE pans out, QBs don't choke on the same day, and a WR3 score emerges each week.

QB - Brees 11, Mallet 9, Hoyer 9:

RB - ADP 5, Gurley, Robinson 8, Ball 7:

WR - OBJ 11, Floyd (Ari) 9, Harvin , Hunter 4, Strong, Jennings, Brown 5:

TE - Reed 8, Rudolph 5:

D - KC 9, Pitt 11, Wash 8:

K - Bailey 6:

Not ideal, but not a death sentence

Team Holloway

QB - Peyton Manning 3.12 7

QB - Marcus Mariota 9.12 4

RB - Arian Foster 2.05 9

RB - Rashad Jennings 10.05 11

RB - Benny Cunningham 11.12 6

RB - Khiry Robinson 15.12 11

WR - Calvin Johnson 1.12 9

WR - Jeremy Maclin 4.05 9

WR - Mike Wallace 7.12 5

WR - Kenny Stills 8.05 5

WR - Breshad Perriman 16.05 9

WR - Devin Funchess 17.12 ?

WR - Denarius Moore 20.05 7

TE - Antonio Gates 5.12 10

TE - Jason Witten 6.5 6

TE - Rob Housler 18.05 11

PK - Matt Bryant 13.12 10

PK - Chandler Catanzaro 9

DST - Buffalo Bills 8

DST - Oakland Raiders 6
QB - Had a pre-draft of Brees and then Manning and Bass took Brees so I got Peyton Manning, who I believe will be solid and reliable, but probably not as productive as the past few seasons. I wanted a solid consistent contributor and he should be that. As what happened in my WSL draft, I went bargain hunting too long and was shut out of the solid second QBs, so I again punted until later. Hoping that Mariota is a much quicker starter than most pundits are predicting. I like him over Winston, but probably as much because of attitude as playing potential. If Manning plays well, he alone can make this selection middle of the pack, but the chances are there that he fades and Marriota starts slowly, so rank this C- at best.

RB - I was happy to get Arian Foster in the mid-second and I just think that outside of the top tier there are no sure things at the RB position this far away from the season. I have a habit of running in these survivors with short benches and rather weak RB corps. I followed my standard pattern and waited till late. Tried to take RBs that are decent receivers, but none of the three reserves I took in the 10th, 11th and 15th are anywhere near sure things. I'll give myself a D here.

WR - Love Calvin Johnson at #12, but with the early RB, QB, and double up on TEs, I had to hit this position much harder in the mid-rounds. Love Maclin's play, but not excited about his potential at KC with Smith. He is returning home to Missouri so maybe he will be a strong ppr play, just lacking TDs. Wallace and Stills were excellent picks, especially in best-ball leagues. Both have speed to get deep and are better all-around route runners than give credit for. Three lottery picks with Perriman, who could get selected in the 1st round and should get opportunities. Funchess is more likely a late 2nd round guy, but could be well used in the red zone as a rookie. Have always liked Moore and he gets a new chance with the Bengals, where he could have a chance to be the 2nd or 3rd WR option. Like this crew and rate them as a B+

TE - Gates has out-produced his draft slot for several years, but he spoke out shortly after I took him about wanting to limit his snaps. He should still be a factor, but production falling off last year. Witten is another outstanding TE that is entering the back side of his career. He and Romo have a connection and the passing game may be needed more with Murray out of Dallas, depends a lot on what happens in the draft. Like Housler's opportunity in Cleveland. He was never given enough targets in SD, but could be a factor in Cleveland, again depends on what the Browns draft. Grade B-

PK - got two that should play and both have indoor stadiums, Grade B

DST - Got the Bills and then almost got shut out, getting the last DST on the board. Grade C+

Going to need either Peyton Manning to stay soild the entire year or Marriota to start earlier rather than later. Will be depending on higher WR and TE scores to carry my RBs, particularly early in the season when all teams are stronger at RB. Good Luck everybody!

Update 5/1/15 with two of my rookies drafted in the first round, Mariota did not go to Philly where I hoped, but should play in Tennessee so good depth for Manning and different bye weeks. However, with Perriman to Baltimore, three of my seven WRs are off on week 9, including my two top picks and Arian Foster is on bye that week as well.

6.09 Ryan Tannehill QB MIA 5

7.08 Carson Palmer QB ARI 9

Not my personal favorite QB tandem I've ever had but they are a good tandem. They finished 13th and 14th last year in points per game in this format. Really after Roethlisberger there is this huge tier of about 13 QB's that all scored within 2pts. per game of each other. As long as both stay healthy I should get a good score each week from this tandem. I can see pretty close to a 50/50 split on each QB scoring for me during the season.

4.09 Melvin Gordon RB ROOKIE ???

5.08 Isaiah Crowell RB CLE 11

10.09 Reggie Bush RB SF 10

11.08 David Cobb RB ROOKIE ???

20.09 David Johnson RB ROOKIE ???

I like my top to RB's. I believe that Melvin Gordon will be the starter for which ever team drafts him day 1 and as long as Crowell stays out of trouble he will get his fair share of carries in Cleveland. Reggie Bush is a good 3rd RB in my opinion. Bush missed a lot of games last season and still caught 40 balls. If he can stay healthy he is a good 3rd RB to have in a PPR league. I went with potential in Cobb and Johnson because none of the veterans left seemed like good bets to me. I believe that David Cobb is underrated and David Johnson catches the ball real good. Hopefully as the season goes along and the bye weeks start up both are getting some playing time to help contribute.

2.09 Mike Evans WR TB 6

3.08 Brandon Cooks WR NO 11

8.09 Kendall Wright WR TEN 4

9.08 Victor Cruz WR NYG 11

12.09 Josh Huff WR PHI 8

16.09 Rod Streater WR OAK 6

18.09 Sammie Coates WR ROOKIE ???

19.08 Tyler Lockett WR ROOKIE ???

I love my top two WR's in Evans and Cooks. I believe that both will put up big numbers this season. Cooks should be Brees top target unless they trade up for a Cooper or White but still Cooks will still see a lot of balls with Graham out of the picture. I'm not excited about the rest of my WR's. This is my weak spot I think. Kendall Wright will score a few big weeks. Cruz and Huff are question marks. Cruz is coming back from a bad injury so it may take him a while to get back into football shape. I like Huffs potential and with Maclin gone he should see more targets. Streater was injured most of last season and is running under the radar right now. The previous season Streater came just a few yards away from being a 1000 yard receiver. Near the end of the draft I took flyers on Coates and Lockett.

1.08 Jimmy Graham TE SEA 9

13.08 Maxx Williams TE ROOKIE ???

I drafted a TE early. I believe Jimmy Graham will still see a lot of balls tossed his way in Seattle. Since I got Graham early I decided to wait on TE and with what was left in the 13th round I decided to draft the top TE in this years draft class in Maxx Williams. As long as Graham stays healthy I should only need Williams to help during Graham's bye week.

14.09 Randy Bullock PK HOU 9

15.08 Green Bay Packer D/ST 7

17.08 San Francisco 49ers D/ST 10

All in all it's an ok team. Not my favorite and not my least favorite team I ever drafted in the survivor leagues. My weakest position in my opinion is WR. I have two at the top that will be real good but the rest have a lot of question marks. I purposefully went with one PK so I could have another shot at finding another WR that will help during the season. In my opinion if there is one position you could take the chance on being short on PK is that position.

***Bye Week Update*** No big bye week issues so far. Still waiting to see where the three rookie RB's go.

1.14 14. Norseman Green, A.J. CIN WR - 7

2.03 19. Norseman Luck, Andrew IND QB - 10

3.14 46. Norseman Hyde, Carlos SFO RB - 10

4.03 51. Norseman Bryant, Martavis PIT WR - 11

5.14 78. Norseman Abdullah, Ameer FA RB ® - ?

6.03 83. Norseman Ajayi, Jay FA RB ® - ?

7.14 110. Norseman Fleener, Coby IND TE - 10

8.03 115. Norseman Ebron, Eric DET TE - 9

9.14 142. Norseman Johnson, Charles MIN WR - 5

10.03 147. Norseman Brown, John ARI WR - 9

11.14 174. Norseman Sproles, Darren PHI RB - 8

12.03 179. Norseman Texans, Houston HOU Def - 9

13.14 206. Norseman Hauschka, Steven SEA PK - 9

14.03 211. Norseman Floyd, Malcom SDC WR - 10

15.14 238. Norseman Holmes, Andre OAK WR - 6

16.03 243. Norseman Wheaton, Markus PIT WR - 11

17.14 270. Norseman Murray, Patrick TBB PK - 6

18.03 275. Norseman Manuel, E.J. BUF QB - 8

19.14 302. Norseman Michael, Christine SEA RB - 9

20.03 307. Norseman Cassel, Matt BUF QB - 8

QB Luck, Manuel, Cassel - You would think I would have learned from WSL to take QB2 before the sure things are gone. Probably would have been better to roll with just Luck and hope to get by on his bye than to waste 2 picks on most likely a 1week score.

RB Hyde, Abdullah, Ajayi, Sproles, Michael- Not really excited about this group unless one of the rookies lands in a good spot as a starter. Hope to get enough from this group.

WR Green, Bryant, Johnson, Brown, Floyd, Holmes, Wheaton - I like my depth, should be able to get 3 decent scores a week.

TE Fleener, Ebron - like Fleener better than Allen and Luck makes all his targets better. I've heard that the Lions are looking to get Ebron more involved. I should get at least a middle of the pack TE score from these two.

PK Hauschka, Murray - above average and I got two

DEF Houston- one of the top defenses, but only got one. Wasn't expecting to miss out on a second

Pretty solid team, except only one defense and poor QB2
Byes added. If I make it to week 9, that will be a tough week to get through.

Week 8 or 9 you can probably pencil me in for the lowest score. No kicker or Murray week 8. No DST, Forsett, Fitz, or Wilson week 9. :wall:

First time in my Survivor history that I can remember having big bye week issues. Guess it was bound to happen someday...

been rolling with 3 rbs in this league

luckily one is freeman

hit on diggs here as well

= week 9 immunity

ok going to go mesage my arm after patting myself on the back

Users who are viewing this thread