What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deadwood (1 Viewer)

Just started watching this from the beginning... I'm hooked. That loser just shot Wild Bill in the back of the head to close out the 4th or 5th episode of Season 1.

This guy Al is a great character. "Montana" looks like Ferris Bueller with facial hair. I'll be interested to see how things play out with that New York guy's widow and what she does with the plot of land.

This Chlamydia Jane character is a little bit annoying though...

For those with directv, they just started the series on thier channel T101. The first episode has passed but you can catch it on their OnDemand channel. Episode 2 is still available. I gave it a shot when it first aired but wil;l try again now since I've heard so much good stuff about it.

For those with directv, they just started the series on thier channel T101. The first episode has passed but you can catch it on their OnDemand channel. Episode 2 is still available. I gave it a shot when it first aired but wil;l try again now since I've heard so much good stuff about it.
DTV is showing the series starting tonight at 9 est on 101 :excited: _ocksucker
:excited:
:unsure: I didn't look into the thread in fear of spoilers.

So I just finished watching this entire series... my thoughts: mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

It's really a shame that they didn't get a chance to truly wrap the show up.

Chlamydia Jane and the preacher were two of the most annoying characters ever

I was really hoping Trixie was going to get killed off

I think the character of Seth Bullock should have been played by someone a bit more physically imposing... it was a little unbelievable that he was more or less the baddest dude in camp.

The gimp (I forget her name) was a pretty funny character

Al Swearengen was maybe the greatest character I've ever seen on any TV show, ever. Brilliant acting by Ian McShane; he carried the entire series, as far as I'm concerned.

It's always creepy to see Jeffrey Jones in anything now that we know who he really is

There didn't seem to be any need whatsoever to incorporate the traveling actors into the third season.

It was awesome to see Bullock beat the #### out of EB

I'm still not sure if Powers Boothe performed brilliantly or horribly as Cy Tolliver.*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

So I just finished watching this entire series... my thoughts: mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

I think the character of Seth Bullock should have been played by someone a bit more physically imposing... it was a little unbelievable that he was more or less the baddest dude in camp.

Al Swearengen was maybe the greatest character I've ever seen on any TV show, ever. Brilliant acting by Ian McShane; he carried the entire series, as far as I'm concerned.

It's always creepy to see Jeffrey Jones in anything now that we know who he really is

There didn't seem to be any need whatsoever to incorporate the traveling actors into the third season.

I'm still not sure if Powers Boothe performed brilliantly or horribly as Cy Tolliver.*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
Agreed about McShane. Possibly the most underrated actor out there.

Started Tivo'ing them on Directv, but I missed the first episode. Anyone know where I can watch it online?

Started Tivo'ing them on Directv, but I missed the first episode. Anyone know where I can watch it online?
I downloaded the entire series using Vuze, so you could always go that route.Or for $3, you can download the one episode from iTunes.

You didn't need to be physically imposing in the Old West. Attitude and gun skill were more important. That said, Bullock was relatively tall and solidly built. I thought Olyphant made a great Bullock and was behind only McShane as most compelling performances in the series.

I downloaded the entire series using Vuze, so you could always go that route.Or for $3, you can download the one episode from iTunes.
Never used either. Is Vuze free?
Forget it.No content found for search: deadwood
Yes, Vuze is free... I just downloaded the entire series using Vuze maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. There were tons of seeds. Give it another shot; I'm positive it's available.

Lovin' the show! GB DirecTV 101.

Just finished the ep. with Al and his kidney stones. :thumbdown:

I'm following along with this thread as it happened. A couple of questions:

It only went 3 seasons? What's the consensus about how they rank?

Lovin' the show! GB DirecTV 101.

Just finished the ep. with Al and his kidney stones. :goodposting:

I'm following along with this thread as it happened. A couple of questions:

It only went 3 seasons? What's the consensus about how they rank?
1-2-3

Lovin' the show! GB DirecTV 101.Just finished the ep. with Al and his kidney stones. :lol: I'm following along with this thread as it happened. A couple of questions:It only went 3 seasons? What's the consensus about how they rank?
The first two were great; slight drop-off with 3. I'm not talking a "Sopranos Season 5"-level drop-off though... the entire series was excellent.

On a whole season 1 was better, but the end of season 2 was amazing, with the finale being my favorite episode.

Maurile Tremblay said:
Deal of the Day today on Amazon: complete series for $75 shipped.
I shouldn't spend $75 on an impulse item...I shouldn't spend $75 on an impulse item...I shouldn't spend $75 on an impulse item...I shouldn't spend $75 on an impulse item...I shouldn't spend $75 on an impulse item...Yeah I didn't think that was going to work.

Thanks for the heads up Maurile.

Didn't catch this show the first time around. Heard raves about it of course. So I finally sat down to watch.

Great show so far. First 4 episodes are solid. Pilot might be the best I'd seen in a while. Tapered off a bit after that, but I still couldn't stop watching. 7 in, 5 to go in season 1. Will be working through this quickly I imagine. Great stuff.

Didn't catch this show the first time around. Heard raves about it of course. So I finally sat down to watch.Great show so far. First 4 episodes are solid. Pilot might be the best I'd seen in a while. Tapered off a bit after that, but I still couldn't stop watching. 7 in, 5 to go in season 1. Will be working through this quickly I imagine. Great stuff.
One of the top 10 best shows ever, and likely one of the least-viewed.

Didn't catch this show the first time around. Heard raves about it of course. So I finally sat down to watch.Great show so far. First 4 episodes are solid. Pilot might be the best I'd seen in a while. Tapered off a bit after that, but I still couldn't stop watching. 7 in, 5 to go in season 1. Will be working through this quickly I imagine. Great stuff.
:goodposting: Unreal show

If you never watched this and are just starting to now, you won't be disappointed. It was a great series, maybe the best HBO series ever, and that's sayin' something.

If you never watched this and are just starting to now, you won't be disappointed. It was a great series, maybe the best HBO series ever, and that's sayin' something.
I'd rank it as the second-best HBO series, and possibly also the second-best drama on any station. (The Wire would be the first in both of those categories for me.)

:popcorn:

I'm going to South Dakota for vacation end of summer and spending a couple of nights in Deadwood -- I have not previously watched the show, and I thought I needed to see before I went, so decided get through Netflix. Enjoying it so far. :thumbup:

:lmao: Unreal show
the first season was unreal, I thought it went downhill pretty quick after that, not downhill that it sucked but compared to season 1. Third season was boring as hell besides a couple episodes. I had tough time getting through that third season, I would constantly fall asleep and have to rewatch.

:lmao: Unreal show
the first season was unreal, I thought it went downhill pretty quick after that, not downhill that it sucked but compared to season 1. Third season was boring as hell besides a couple episodes. I had tough time getting through that third season, I would constantly fall asleep and have to rewatch.
Finest show I have ever seen and I agree that season 1 was the best. I still enjoyed season 3 a lot, but some of the storylines were bad....like the Jane/Joanie garbage and the actors.

:goodposting: Unreal show

:no: Unreal show
Finest show I have ever seen and I agree that season 1 was the best. I still enjoyed season 3 a lot, but some of the storylines were bad....like the Jane/Joanie garbage and the actors.
I will not sit by and let anyone deface season 2. Just as amazing as season 1 imo. I do agree season 3 had some poor storylines like Jane/Joanie but even moreso the stupid theater troupe crap.

I will not sit by and let anyone deface season 2. Just as amazing as season 1 imo. I do agree season 3 had some poor storylines like Jane/Joanie but even moreso the stupid theater troupe crap.
The theater troupe was only meh but I really like Brian Cox and enjoyed his character.

:thumbup:

I crack up every scene where someone is eating bacon or pork chops.
Oh God! :lmao: Season 2, episode 3 :lmao:

The new guy comes into town (Garrett Dillahunt/"Jack McCall"'s return), Mayor wants to feed him breakfast at his place. But the oatmeal is cold, and the guy at the bar makes a comment about it not even being out the full three hours yet to get old. New guy: "Perhaps I'll just stick with the bacon." :lmao:

Mayor walks him to his table and says, as if he's talking about the stale oatmeal in his restaurant: "In these parts, one draws his meals from a small and brackish pool."

But then he turns around and looks at his customers.

:lmao: :lol:

I loved the show. Still do. I think season 3 is geting a bit of a pounding in here, and maybe thats fair. That said, I can't help but feel that a lot of the things in the third season were put in to set up the fourth and final season that never happened. It was never planed to not have Deadwood burn to the ground (as is history) at the end of the show IMHO.

And to think HBO thought John from Cincinnati was a better idea then a season four of deadwood. Oooof.

I loved the show. Still do. I think season 3 is geting a bit of a pounding in here, and maybe thats fair. That said, I can't help but feel that a lot of the things in the third season were put in to set up the fourth and final season that never happened. It was never planed to not have Deadwood burn to the ground (as is history) at the end of the show IMHO.

And to think HBO thought John from Cincinnati was a better idea then a season four of deadwood. Oooof.
Not too sure about that. Deadwood was one of the most expensive TV series ever. So that had to figure into their decision.

Users who are viewing this thread