What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Deadwood (3 Viewers)

Thanks for the verification of my suspicion Christo that the actor who played the roll of Jack McAll also plays the role of Francis Wolcott. It was bugging me to no end as I thought the two of them looked somewhat alike and I figured if I came over here to the Deadwood thread, one of you fellow Deadwood freaks would be able to say "yea" or "ney" and voila, my assumption was correct that the two of them are one in the same.

I guess the producers of the show liked the guys acting and wanted him to stay on board and thus a new assignment for him. Thanks nonetheless and I'm suprised no one else noticed the same thing as I'm sure it would have been mentioned here.

Anyways here to Deadwood continuing to be the best show on TV now that Carnivale is done for the year. Hopefully that new series "Rome" will be a good watch....we'll see......thanks again Christo as I feel better and I can continue on with my daily life now that I'm not vexed anymore!.... :P

-Max

Guys, big Deadwood fan here and have watched it since its inception last year. Got a question for the faithful and its been vexing me since I started thinking about it two episodes when the guy Wilcox came into town.

I know I may be nuts in thinking this but is it possible that the actor who plays Wilcox is the same actor who played the dude who shot Wild Bill Hickcock...eh? For some reason whenever I see this guy Wilcox, I'm seeing just a cleaned up version of the grungy filthy guy who portrayed the assasin of Wild Bill.

Has anyone else seen the resemblance or am I on an island here with this one......thanks in advance.

-Maxie
Garrett Dillahunt plays both Jack McCall and Francis Wolcott.

Is George Hearst the 1800's Don Corleone or something?
Go read your American history. He was the olden day's Ted Turner. (edit - or Donald Trump)Anyone else catch that the guy who plays Hearst's representative, Mr. Wolcott, is the same actor who playted Jack McCall inseason one? If not, they are dead lookalikes - right down to the closed left nostril and googley-eyes (he squinted the left one as Jack McCall, he keeps it open as Mr. Wolcott, but it still looks lik ggogley to me).
Maximus: Credit for spotting the McCall/Wolcott actor goes to Mr. Levin.

Your right Ardball and me bad....didn't read that far down and didn't know if anyone caught the resemblance between the two.....Props to Mr.Levin for catching it as well....thanks

-Max

Is George Hearst the 1800's Don Corleone or something?
Go read your American history. He was the olden day's Ted Turner. (edit - or Donald Trump)Anyone else catch that the guy who plays Hearst's representative, Mr. Wolcott, is the same actor who playted Jack McCall inseason one? If not, they are dead lookalikes - right down to the closed left nostril and googley-eyes (he squinted the left one as Jack McCall, he keeps it open as Mr. Wolcott, but it still looks lik ggogley to me).
Maximus: Credit for spotting the McCall/Wolcott actor goes to Mr. Levin.

I don't understand why the guys were going to tar the "N*gger General". Did I miss something??
At first they were going to do it just to distract Bullock long enough for a group of them to go get the commissioner and slit his throat.But then one of them asked basically, Well what if the Sheriff comes out armed or there are armed guards with the commissioner (which there were). So the lead mob guy said, well, we can still grab the ######. Kinda like, well we can have SOME fun at least.

I don't understand why the guys were going to tar the "N*gger General".  Did I miss something??
At first they were going to do it just to distract Bullock long enough for a group of them to go get the commissioner and slit his throat.But then one of them asked basically, Well what if the Sheriff comes out armed or there are armed guards with the commissioner (which there were). So the lead mob guy said, well, we can still grab the ######. Kinda like, well we can have SOME fun at least.
Yep. An angry, frustrated mob wanted blood...and went for the easy target.

What is odd is that they didn't just take the old guy. I guess there was a small sliver of honor in the mob in that they didn't want to torture the older guy? Or maybe the other guy was known in the camp as kinduva loose cannon or something. I don't know. Just seemed weird.

Maybe it was because Hostetler ran the livery stable. It was kind of an essential function at the time that they didn't want to take the blame if something happened to him.

This ain't the time or the place to be drawin' people's attention....even for a ### #### fool.I always seem to miss the place where it be a good time...must be my ### #### foolishness.

That throat cutting scene freaked me out. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. thinking about it. :shock:
I agree, wtf????They have throat slashing and horse humping in the same episode?

Seriously thought they laid it on a little thick last night. It's okay to have an interesting story without shock value.

You knew the throat slashing, or something like it, was coming. It's been building up ever since that dude came on the sceen. A little over the top but not unexpected. Will be nice to see Wilcox get a beat down next week as seen on the previews.The Miss Isringhausen angle is really intreaging. Got a good laugh out of the Elsworth potentially marrying Mrs. Garret segment, he is a great character.Totally befuddled with the whole N-General angle, not sure where that is going.The Bullok character is starting to wear on me.Also interesting to see the camp growing, with the teacher arriving etc.As always on the edge of my seat waiting for next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, the Bullock and wife scene was painful. The story line just does nothing for me.The throat slashing was expected, and I didn't think it was that graphic. I laughed my #### off when the madam got it though. All her careful plans for 5 episodes, all down the toilet. That was unintentional humor at its finest right there. Even my wife was laughing at her for being so stupid.Power Booth's character is slowly becoming the equal of Al's to me. The depth he gives it is brilliant. That he is able to con the bigger con man without breaking a sweat is fantasic.The scenes with Woo and Al are some of the best comic writing in the history of television. I hope walking around and pointing at people and going - "####sucker!" becomes a habit of people who watch this show. Damn funny stuff right there.That teacher turned whore turned conman turned, what exactly, got very interesting to me. I don't like that the hitman seems to be all gushy around her but it's a good character.And Al. I don't remember seeing that guy in any other movie of the top of my head right now, but he is great actor. What a great character. Better then Tony Soprano, and becoming just as good as Schillinger from Oz. The perfect bad guy that you root for. They couldn't do it any better.

I give it the rest of this season and the show will collapse due to the actors wanting more money. Never fails in shows that I like.

Why? Sopranos is the only one that came close to this on HBO.*edit to add- see post above.

Thanks nonetheless and I'm suprised no one else noticed the same thing as I'm sure it would have been mentioned here.
Go back a slew of pages and look again - if it wasn't here, it was in an offshoot Deadwood thread - we discussed this ad nauseum about a month ago.

BTW, deaths of the whores aside, I thought this was a "palate clearing" epsidoe - I was actually bored through some of it, which is the first time that has happened to me EVER with Deadwood.

Better then Tony Soprano, and becoming just as good as Schillinger from Oz.
i was with you until this. he's probably the best character in this show... but Tony Soprano is out of this guy's league.

An episode that reminds me of some very good advice I got when I was young. If you're in a fight and the guys got a gun - go toward him. If he's got a knife, go the other way. And if you've got the gun and he's got the knife, just ####### shoot him. Words to live by. :D

BTW, deaths of the whores aside, I thought this was a "palate clearing" epsidoe - I was actually bored through some of it, which is the first time that has happened to me EVER with Deadwood.
:confused: i thought this was one of the least boring episodes i've ever seen.

any scene with the ######, dike medicine woman who can't speak english is almost unwatchable for me. her character is terrible and i wish they'd kill her. she almost... almost kills the show for me and i was very happy she was not in last nights show.

i wish there was an 'ingnore' button for her so I don't have to change the channel when she comes on.

i was with you until this. he's probably the best character in this show... but Tony Soprano is out of this guy's league.
I'd actually swap these - better than schillinger and BECOMING just as good as Tony Soprano.By next year, he will be recognized to be as good a character as Tony.

any scene with the ######, dike medicine woman who can't speak english is almost unwatchable for me. her character is terrible and i wish they'd kill her. she almost... almost kills the show for me and i was very happy she was not in last nights show.
???If you are talking about Calamity Jane, you are missing a large part of the portion of your brain that controls "funny."

any scene with the ######, dike medicine woman who can't speak english is almost unwatchable for me.  her character is terrible and i wish they'd kill her.  she almost... almost kills the show for me and i was very happy she was not in last nights show.
???If you are talking about Calamity Jane, you are missing a large part of the portion of your brain that controls "funny."
well... my old room mate loved that character and he's an idiot.let me guess... you thought 'Dumb and dumber' was funny too?

what about Napoleon Dynamite. Same answer?

Theres a medicine woman in Deadwood?? :confused:

any scene with the ######, dike medicine woman who can't speak english is almost unwatchable for me.  her character is terrible and i wish they'd kill her.  she almost... almost kills the show for me and i was very happy she was not in last nights show.
well... my old room mate loved that character and he's an idiot.let me guess... you thought 'Dumb and dumber' was funny too?

what about Napoleon Dynamite. Same answer?
:hophead: Based on this response, I reiterate my former comment.

I'd actually swap these - better than schillinger and BECOMING just as good as Tony Soprano.By next year, he will be recognized to be as good a character as Tony.
Tony is just loosing his edge to me. I guess it's because I haven't enjoyed that show for awhile. Oz, on the other hand, never let me down and kept itself hard hitting right until the end. So I guess that's my personal bias.Either way, your talking the top 3 characters on TV by a wide margin given the crap that's on now.

BTW, deaths of the whores aside, I any scene with the ######, dike medicine woman who can't speak english is almost unwatchable for me. her character is terrible and i wish they'd kill her. she almost... almost kills the show for me and i was very happy she was not in last nights show.i wish there was an 'ingnore' button for her so I don't have to change the channel when she comes on.
Calamity Jane is total ROXOR:Calamity Jane: "This is the ### of a drunken #### bird. Finish this bottle with me, if you can sit beside someone and not stink or fart."N. General: "I will cut the odd fart but they've never stunk."

BTW, deaths of the whores aside, I any scene with the ######, dike medicine woman who can't speak english is almost unwatchable for me.  her character is terrible and i wish they'd kill her.  she almost... almost kills the show for me and i was very happy she was not in last nights show.

i wish there was an 'ingnore' button for her so I don't have to change the channel when she comes on.
Calamity Jane is total ROXOR:Calamity Jane: "This is the ### of a drunken #### bird. Finish this bottle with me, if you can sit beside someone and not stink or fart."

N. General: "I will cut the odd fart but they've never stunk."
you lack of skill in the quote funtion area only proves my theory more. :thumbup:

BTW, deaths of the whores aside, I any scene with the ######, dike medicine woman who can't speak english is almost unwatchable for me.  her character is terrible and i wish they'd kill her.  she almost... almost kills the show for me and i was very happy she was not in last nights show.

Calamity Jane is total ROXOR:Calamity Jane: "This is the ### of a drunken #### bird. Finish this bottle with me, if you can sit beside someone and not stink or fart."

you lack of skill in the quote funtion area only proves my theory more. :thumbup:
I quoted your statement about CJ, who you didn't even know who she was. And I further quoted a CJ quip that I found quite funny. Your theory that she is not funny is obviously a minority opinion, as she is one of the most popular charactors on the show. #### bird....

Al has passed Tony IMHO. Tony has never been my favorite Character, it's always been one of the other characters(secondary or even bit parts on occation). Tony is definitely the glue but not the best character on the Sopranos.

And Al. I don't remember seeing that guy in any other movie of the top of my head right now, but he is great actor. What a great character. Better then Tony Soprano, and becoming just as good as Schillinger from Oz. The perfect bad guy that you root for. They couldn't do it any better.
Im pretty sure I remember seeing al as a cowboy in tombstone.

And Al.  I don't remember seeing that guy in any other movie of the top of my head right now, but he is great actor.  What a great character.  Better then Tony Soprano, and becoming just as good as Schillinger from Oz.  The perfect bad guy that you root for.  They couldn't do it any better.
Really? I don't remember him and I love that movie. Powers Booth is in Tombstone - and does a great job.

And Al.  I don't remember seeing that guy in any other movie of the top of my head right now, but he is great actor.  What a great character.  Better then Tony Soprano, and becoming just as good as Schillinger from Oz.  The perfect bad guy that you root for.  They couldn't do it any better.
Really? I don't remember him and I love that movie. Powers Booth is in Tombstone - and does a great job.
Al Wasn't in Tombstone. He did have a small part in Sexy Beast that's all I can recall seeing him in recently though.

Tony is just loosing his edge to me. I guess it's because I haven't enjoyed that show for awhile. Oz, on the other hand, never let me down and kept itself hard hitting right until the end. So I guess that's my personal bias.Either way, your talking the top 3 characters on TV by a wide margin given the crap that's on now.
Two words: Vic Mackey.

You lack of skilz in the Anglish department only proves moi thory, two. :hophead:

:no:

I was hooked on that show for the first 2 seasons - never missed it. But then law school got in the way and I just have never been able to get back to it (to be honest I don't even know when it is on). But I would agree that he is a great character also, so I will allow for him to be in the top 3-5 as well.

I was hooked on that show for the first 2 seasons - never missed it. But then law school got in the way and I just have never been able to get back to it (to be honest I don't even know when it is on). But I would agree that he is a great character also, so I will allow for him to be in the top 3-5 as well.
10 p.m. cenbtral (must be 11 p.m. on the coasts) Tuesday nights (as it always has been on) and then replayed often during the week - once on Wed. night and once on Sat. night at least - I think once on Sunday night, too.This year is great - Glenn Close is a much better commander than guacamole face Avocado, or Adobado, or whatever Mexican dish he is named after.

10 p.m. cenbtral (must be 11 p.m. on the coasts) Tuesday nights (as it always has been on) and then replayed often during the week - once on Wed. night and once on Sat. night at least - I think once on Sunday night, too.This year is great - Glenn Close is a much better commander than guacamole face Avocado, or Adobado, or whatever Mexican dish he is named after.
Acevedo.

lol about Tombstone......Al was not in it but maybe you were thinking about the guy who plays Sy Toliver, he was the top Cowboy dude

How did law school get in the way of you watching an hour long program that's played two or three times a week?

Users who are viewing this thread