What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (2 Viewers)

Showerfloss Update here - been using this for 2 weeks and it's great. Went to floss my teeth with actual dental floss last night and there was zero blood. Usually when I floss every so often it looks like I rinsed with kool aid.

:thumbup:
what kind of brush do you use?

I ask because I'm an infrequent flosser, but don't have the blood problem. Dad was a dentist and turned me on to Sonicare brushes years ago- he swore by them for gum and tooth care.
whatever brush they give me for free at the dentist
:shrug:

I don't actually know if it's related, but I might as well officially add Sonicare to the "products I believe in"

Showerfloss Update here - been using this for 2 weeks and it's great. Went to floss my teeth with actual dental floss last night and there was zero blood. Usually when I floss every so often it looks like I rinsed with kool aid.

I ask because I'm an infrequent flosser, but don't have the blood problem. Dad was a dentist and turned me on to Sonicare brushes years ago- he swore by them for gum and tooth care.

I don't actually know if it's related, but I might as well officially add Sonicare to the "products I believe in"
Also have a sonicare.

Dentists have all said I take good care of my teeth too....other than my ice chewing habit.

Which takes me to something else I believe in.

Ice from Sonic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also have a sonicare.

Dentists have all said I take good care of my teeth too....other than my ice chewing habit.

Ice from Sonic.
I've never had an issue with my teeth with regular toothbrush and no flossing - :shrug:

Amazon should pay people to start threads like this at well travelled messageboards imo. Think of all the business they're getting just from this thread.

Bialetti espresso maker. No moving parts, only maintenance is to swap out a seal every so often. http://www.amazon.com/Bialetti-Express-6-Cup-Stovetop-Espresso/dp/B000CNY6UK/ref=lp_14163721_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1432912535&sr=1-1

Henckles kitchen knives.
This reminded me that I found an old Bialetti stamped 1952 shoved as far back as possible in a cabinet above my fridge. I'm sure it was my mom's. Looking forward to cleaning it up and putting it to use. :thumbup:

Henckles is an incredibly broad category of kitchen knives.

Also have a sonicare.

Ice from Sonic.
I've never had an issue with my teeth with regular toothbrush and no flossing - :shrug:
bloody gums from flossing?

Google just announced unlimited photo storage
I am a complete naive dope about this stuff... is this on Drive? Does it cost anything?

Between photos and a ton of work, I really need to do this.
I just started a thread on this as it's cool enough to warrant it's own one..https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/727804-googlephotos-app/#entry18077731

but to your question, yes it is free and unlimited and it means you have to do almost nothing as it backs up all your phone photos in the background

El Floppo said:
Tiger Fan said:
sho nuff said:
El Floppo said:
Tiger Fan said:
El Floppo said:
Tiger Fan said:

Also have a sonicare.

Ice from Sonic.
bloody gums from flossing?
:lmao: that came out wrong. Whenever I go to the dentist, they say everything looks good..."but we know you don't floss....you should really start"

Psychopav said:
Amazon should pay people to start threads like this at well travelled messageboards imo. Think of all the business they're getting just from this thread.
I've spent at least $600

/otis

Psychopav said:
Amazon should pay people to start threads like this at well traveled message boards imo. Think of all the business they're getting just from this thread.
As I was catching up on the past several pages I was thinking the same thing. With all of the purchases made from recs in this this thread it would be cool if the ffa somehow could benefit from the dollars spent on the shared wisdom in this thread.

Amazon does have a charity program Amazon Smile that donates .5% of your purchase to a charitable cause of your choice. Through lack of awareness or indifference I have never bothered to use this service. I am not real sure how easy it to use, maybe somebody with experience can chime in. .5% isn't much but over time and many purchases I imagine that could add up to real money. They have all of the big organizations out there like Doctors Without Borders, St Jude, ASPCA, Red Cross, and even some not as big organizations but great causes that are nearer and dearer to the ffa (post #14 for the specifics).

Load up on the Glide today before you hit the trail BB. (shameless plug for a product I believe in)

Adding to the slim wallet talk, I'm using the saddleback front pocket id wallet and loving it. Reasonable $33 price with a 100-year warranty. Can comfortably fit 8 cards including ID. For me the best part is that living in Los Angeles where we have a tap metro card, I can put my tap card behind my ID and just tap my wallet to ride the metro rail. I will never need to take it out of my wallet again.

Anyone hear use Amazon Cloud or Google Cloud Drive to backup files? Currently I use dropbox (synced to my phone and my wife's phone for photos....and synced to my personal computer for all other docs). Would love to switch if possible to save the $10/month and have everything simple
Been using Drive for years, and love it.

Really, I don't even use it for backing up files. I use it as my primary/only storage for docs and spreadsheets. That was the case even before I stopped using PC's and switched to using Chromebooks for pretty much everything.

I'm not familiar enough with other cloud services to know how it compares, but I've never felt the need to check other ones out. Certainly never felt the need to pay for another service.
I use drive for that too, but I have a bunch of files on my PC that I need to sync as well. I think drive does this, but I've never talked to anyone that has used it
I still may be talking something different, but once you download Google Drive on a PC, you can just add files already on the PC just like you add files to any other storage destination. Once in Google Drive, they'll stay synced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBQs3S9t3rc

Anyone hear use Amazon Cloud or Google Cloud Drive to backup files? Currently I use dropbox (synced to my phone and my wife's phone for photos....and synced to my personal computer for all other docs). Would love to switch if possible to save the $10/month and have everything simple
Been using Drive for years, and love it.

Really, I don't even use it for backing up files. I use it as my primary/only storage for docs and spreadsheets. That was the case even before I stopped using PC's and switched to using Chromebooks for pretty much everything.

I'm not familiar enough with other cloud services to know how it compares, but I've never felt the need to check other ones out. Certainly never felt the need to pay for another service.
I use drive for that too, but I have a bunch of files on my PC that I need to sync as well. I think drive does this, but I've never talked to anyone that has used it
I still may be talking something different, but once you download Google Drive on a PC, you can just add files already on the PC just like you add files to any other storage destination. Once in Google Drive, they'll stay synced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBQs3S9t3rc
Thx. Exactly what I'm looking for. Been paying $10/month with dropbox with what I'll get for $2/month .

Psychopav said:
Amazon should pay people to start threads like this at well traveled message boards imo. Think of all the business they're getting just from this thread.
As I was catching up on the past several pages I was thinking the same thing. With all of the purchases made from recs in this this thread it would be cool if the ffa somehow could benefit from the dollars spent on the shared wisdom in this thread.Amazon does have a charity program Amazon Smile that donates .5% of your purchase to a charitable cause of your choice. Through lack of awareness or indifference I have never bothered to use this service. I am not real sure how easy it to use, maybe somebody with experience can chime in. .5% isn't much but over time and many purchases I imagine that could add up to real money. They have all of the big organizations out there like Doctors Without Borders, St Jude, ASPCA, Red Cross, and even some not as big organizations but great causes that are nearer and dearer to the ffa (post #14 for the specifics).

Load up on the Glide today before you hit the trail BB. (shameless plug for a product I believe in)
: goodposting:My money goes to the USCCB. Been using it for a couple months now. Only problem is that afaik, there's no app: you have to shop through a browser.

Chaos Commish said:
Tackling Dummies said:
Henckles kitchen knives.
Henckles is an incredibly broad category of kitchen knives.
I like knives but have learned, like wallets, to keep them minimized. I lost a slab full of Wusthof in the divorce and never missed them. For a couple months I've been wanting to add something bigger than a paring but smaller than an 8" chef's. A five inch Santoku seemed about perfect. I like Henckles 4 star handles. Here it is with good reviews at Amazon for $100. And here it is at Henckles site on clearance for $35. That came with $10 shipping unless I spent another $25 so here's the 8" carver at Amazon for $120, and here is is at Henckles for $25.

I don't know if I believe in Henckles more than any other brand of premium kitchen knife, but the internet is a product I believe in for price shopping.

Amazon Prime - We average about 200 orders per year and everything is free 2-day shipping, including Sunday deliveries

Logitech mice/keyboards/remotes - BEST customer service I think I've ever dealt with

ExOfficio boxers

SSD drives

Samsung TVs

ASUS monitors

CrashPlan cloud backup

Google Gmail/Drive/Photos

NewEgg.com for computer stuff

Here are a few that I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Smart Money Clip - I switched to a money clip that also has a credit card slot awhile back and wish I would have done it years ago.

Benq W1070 home theater projector - It was a steal as far as price/performance ratio when I bought it a few years ago for $1,099. Now the price is only $699.

RoboGrip pliers

Reef sandals

Bosch dishwashers - So quiet

Nike Dri-Fit socks

Psychopav said:
As I was catching up on the past several pages I was thinking the same thing. With all of the purchases made from recs in this this thread it would be cool if the ffa somehow could benefit from the dollars spent on the shared wisdom in this thread.Amazon does have a charity program Amazon Smile that donates .5% of your purchase to a charitable cause of your choice. Through lack of awareness or indifference I have never bothered to use this service. I am not real sure how easy it to use, maybe somebody with experience can chime in. .5% isn't much but over time and many purchases I imagine that could add up to real money. They have all of the big organizations out there like Doctors Without Borders, St Jude, ASPCA, Red Cross, and even some not as big organizations but great causes that are nearer and dearer to the ffa (post #14 for the specifics).

: goodposting:My money goes to the USCCB. Been using it for a couple months now. Only problem is that afaik, there's no app: you have to shop through a browser.
Smile is easy yo set up.

If there are any boxer-brief guys in here Macy's online has these Hillfiger boxer-briefs, on sale, 4 pack for 21.99 plus 20% off that. I had a few delivered this week and must say they are very, very comfortable. Very light and soft. They fit very well but non-restricting (down there) at the same time and the waistband doesn't dig into you. Just purchased a bunch more. With the discount you're paying about 4 and change per pair which feels like a steal. I have not washed any yet so I don't know for sure how they hold up but the reviews say they do.

Psychopav said:

Smile is easy yo set up.
Yeah, I just dumped the app and added the smile shortcut to my home screen.

Adding to the slim wallet talk, I'm using the saddleback front pocket id wallet and loving it. Reasonable $33 price with a 100-year warranty. Can comfortably fit 8 cards including ID. For me the best part is that living in Los Angeles where we have a tap metro card, I can put my tap card behind my ID and just tap my wallet to ride the metro rail. I will never need to take it out of my wallet again.
Can't wait for my grandkids to cash in on that 100 year warranty. :thumbup:

Clothing: Smartwool socks, J.Crew button downs, Homespun or Merz b. Schwanen henleys, Banana Republic or Uniqlo supima cotton undershirts, Bonobos chinos.

Because of this thread I've bought 12 pairs ExOfficios boxer briefs (They are awesome, started with one pair.) & 2 bottles of Incredible Stain Remover
That incredible stain remover doesn't get out blood stains from the carpet of a sedan's trunk. Just saying.

Ebates

My wife signed up 6 months ago and we've already gotten $450 cash back on online purchases we would have made anyway. Pretty painless when you use their browser plug in that reminds you to use it where it's active.

Because of this thread I've bought 12 pairs ExOfficios boxer briefs (They are awesome, started with one pair.) & 2 bottles of Incredible Stain Remover
Two follow-ups:

Anyone ever tried Duluth Trading Boxers?

Recommended this a while back, for instant stain removal from clothes, this is the best product on the market
You think the shout wipes over tide stain stick? I like the pen style application of the tide and picture a wipe making a bigger mess out of a stain

Two follow-ups:

Anyone ever tried Duluth Trading Boxers?

Recommended this a while back, for instant stain removal from clothes, this is the best product on the market
You think the shout wipes over tide stain stick? I like the pen style application of the tide and picture a wipe making a bigger mess out of a stain
In a head to head comparison, I've had a lot more success with the wipes... Sometimes with the wipes you made need a little water, but their effectiveness far exceeds that of the pen in my experience.

I like knives but have learned, like wallets, to keep them minimized. I lost a slab full of Wusthof in the divorce and never missed them. For a couple months I've been wanting to add something bigger than a paring but smaller than an 8" chef's. A five inch Santoku seemed about perfect. I like Henckles 4 star handles. Here it is with good reviews at Amazon for $100. And here it is at Henckles site on clearance for $35. That came with $10 shipping unless I spent another $25 so here's the 8" carver at Amazon for $120, and here is is at Henckles for $25.

I don't know if I believe in Henckles more than any other brand of premium kitchen knife, but the internet is a product I believe in for price shopping.
I'm intrigued by this... grabbed both out of curiosity.

Washed the car yesterday and was reminded of this gem: Water Blade. Like a flexible squeegee to get 90% of the water off the car in seconds. I use one towel to dry the rest.

Yeti coolers.
This is my Father in Law....he's a guy from south florida and lives out of coolers. We have received soft sided coolers and I think the 45 quart cooler from him as gifts. They do a fantastic job, but man are they expensive. I'd never drop that kind of coin on a cooler myself.

Yeti coolers.
This is my Father in Law....he's a guy from south florida and lives out of coolers. We have received soft sided coolers and I think the 45 quart cooler from him as gifts. They do a fantastic job, but man are they expensive. I'd never drop that kind of coin on a cooler myself.
Very expensive. I liken them to Weber grills. Once you buy one it will last forever and you'll never buy anything else.

I'm intrigued by this... grabbed both out of curiosity.
:thumbup: I was close to spending twice that on one Japanese petty at chefknivestogo. I want a paring knife on steroids and by the descriptions I think I have two coming for half the price of the petty.

Also for those of you with round Weber grills a slightly smaller paella pan has become by far my favorite accessory.

Good visuals here, but it works for much more than paella. You like burgers on cast iron? Carbon steel is the same thing, imo, just bigger, lighter, easier to handle and easier to clean.

I got the thin wallet. This feels like a high school kid wallet. It doesn't have any form which is a little annoying at first. Gonna give it a few days but so far, eesh.

Another Shave Secret user here, thanks to the other thread - for over a year.

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers

IPad (and Zeiss lens cleaner to clean ipad)

Snap Frames for hanging posters

Netflix

Amazon prime

DirecTV Sunday Ticket

Thermapen

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.
Very expensive. I liken them to Weber grills. Once you buy one it will last forever and you'll never buy anything else.
Amazon $299.99 - $634.59. Up to $765 for the 45 quart. For a cooler. :lol: come on, man.

ETA: If heavily into camping or if you own a catering business (BBQ... Tipsy).. I could see the investment. I couldn't justify the expense for what I use coolers for, like a day of fishing.

Grahamburn said:
The Commish said:
Grahamburn said:
Yeti coolers.
Amazon $299.99 - $634.59. For a cooler. :lol: come on, man.
The Koozies are the closest thing to a miracle I've ever seen. Keep a beer cold.... forever? I haven't even tested their limits after hours outside in the Texas summer heat. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread