What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (4 Viewers)

Picked up two of the Sears Craftsman hoses yesterday. 50' on sale for 24.99. I used one today. Good enough. As long as it doesn't kink I'll be happy. 

Johnnymac said:
Mr. Ected said:
Those look great for an Egg McMuffin, just don't have a good Walmart to go to. I'll have to find them elsewhere.
No such thing.
We are getting a new one in my town in the next several months (maybe Fall) I would hope that that one might be OK tolerable for a while.

People that bag on Walmart are stupid. Walmart provides an abundance of items at a lower price than they can get anywhere else. What is so bad about the broke people in the world being able to buy groceries and still having money in their pocket? F all you who #### on a company that allows people to stretch their dollar farther. Ideally we would all have Chet money and shop at Sprouts or some other overpriced place that offers organic fruit hand-picked by vestal virgins, but there will always be a lower class that is best served by a company that allows people the lowest cost on groceries.

People that bag on Walmart are stupid. Walmart provides an abundance of items at a lower price than they can get anywhere else. What is so bad about the broke people in the world being able to buy groceries and still having money in their pocket? F all you who #### on a company that allows people to stretch their dollar farther. Ideally we would all have Chet money and shop at Sprouts or some other overpriced place that offers organic fruit hand-picked by vestal virgins, but there will always be a lower class that is best served by a company that allows people the lowest cost on groceries.
I don't agree with all of this, but most.

I've always been amused by the people that turn their nose up at Wal-Mart , then shop at Target. When buying cheap, child-labor made products from China, there's no need go putting on airs. Eating popcorn while you shop and weighing 290 lbs. instead of 310 lbs. doesn't give you room to judge Wal-Mart shoppers. You're trying to save a buck just like the rest of us.

Wal-Mart stores aren't the dirty, dingy places of the 90's. They are plenty clean enough now for any decent American to go buy their $12 waffle iron guilt-free no matter how many poor Chinese kids had to die in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree with all of this, but most.

I've always been amused by the people that turn their nose up at Wal-Mart , then shop at Target. When buying cheap, child-labor made products from China, there's no need go putting on airs. Eating popcorn while you shop and weighing 290 lbs. instead of 310 lbs. doesn't give you room to judge Wal-Mart shoppers. You're trying to save a buck just like the rest of us.

Wal-Mart stores aren't the dirty, dingy places of the 90's. They are plenty clean enough now for any decent American to go buy their $12 waffle iron guilt-free no matter how many poor Chinese kids had to die in the process.
My issue with Walmart has more to do with the store setup than products or other shoppers. I hate that in general the seem to cram too much stuff into the store so that there is hardly any room to maneuver a cart around. This is less of an issue in the food sections of the stores, just by the nature of what they are selling.

I've been putting my knock-off 30 oz. Yeti cup through paces over the past few weeks. Sitting in a car with the windows up all day in 90 degree heat with a lot of direct sun, it takes about 10 hours for the ice to fully melt (and it's still refreshingly cold for a  while after that). 

Also nice for baseball games. Our local park refuses to sell ice water for any price (and the water fountains don't usually work, which doesn't seem legal for a place that sells beer to people sitting in the hot sun). I don't mind buying bottled water, but they get hot in about 15 minutes. The SIC cup loaded with ice and refilled in the bathroom sink works like a charm. 

Um, you know the "Ozark Trail" (Wal-Mart) version of this works, and has beat the Yeti in some tests at 1/4 the cost.  If you can find it.  Some rumors of Wal-Mart getting sued so they have been flying off the shelves.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772708

Ozark Trail vs. Yeti

Anyone with a good backpack icechest suggestion?  All of the ones I've ever had have ended up leaking down my back eventually
Look up the ice mule.  I just got one and its getting broken in on the beach.  It sweats a bit but doesn't drip or leak. Comfortably holds a case of beer.  

Ice lasts 24 hours.  

$100 well spent so far.

Um, you know the "Ozark Trail" (Wal-Mart) version of this works, and has beat the Yeti in some tests at 1/4 the cost.  If you can find it.  Some rumors of Wal-Mart getting sued so they have been flying off the shelves.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/49772708

Ozark Trail vs. Yeti
At the time, I was getting them all as gifts, so I was really only using Amazon. And SIC seemed like a decent deal at the time (half price of Yeti then, I believe, though it looks like the Yeti has dropped $30-40 since then).

But yeah, next time I buy any, they'll be the Walmart jobs if in stock.

Ozark Trail vs. Yeti
I bought a pair of 20 oz tumblers of this OT brand recently.  They work amazingly well.  I have two YETI can coolsters (if that is what they were called) and while they are awesome, so is saving money.

I've been putting my knock-off 30 oz. Yeti cup through paces over the past few weeks. Sitting in a car with the windows up all day in 90 degree heat with a lot of direct sun, it takes about 10 hours for the ice to fully melt (and it's still refreshingly cold for a  while after that). 

Also nice for baseball games. Our local park refuses to sell ice water for any price (and the water fountains don't usually work, which doesn't seem legal for a place that sells beer to people sitting in the hot sun). I don't mind buying bottled water, but they get hot in about 15 minutes. The SIC cup loaded with ice and refilled in the bathroom sink works like a charm. 
That's more than my Yeti cup :oldunsure:   

Why does evreryone like Nylon underwear? Cotton so much more air. The underwear linked on Amazon looks like Batman undergear, how is that comfortable?

Watch on Slickdeals, they will go front page when there is a good deal on them...and they do sell out fast.
I saw them at Wal Mart the other day, guess I'll go back and grab. I have a Wal-mart where I live currently that isn't a pain in the butt to get in and out and because of the lower population in my area it's rarely crowded...the ones in Miami/LosAng I saw in the last 15 years made me never want to go in them. 

My little Mazda wouldn't start yesterday.   Checked the battery and cleaned off the terminals.  Then I saw the sticker with the date on it.  I bought the battery July 2010.  Sucker had a 5 year guarantee but make it almost 6.   Not bad considering how hot it gets around here.  

Walmart.

I'm too lazy to go back in this thread and look it up, but someone recommended 'Incredible' stain remover a ways back. I finally bought some and it is wonderful. It took out an old dog vomit stain on our hallway carpet without too much trouble. I put it on full strength and let it sit for a half hour. Dabbed it out with an old washcloth. I will add my recommendation for the stuff as well. 

My little Mazda wouldn't start yesterday.   Checked the battery and cleaned off the terminals.  Then I saw the sticker with the date on it.  I bought the battery July 2010.  Sucker had a 5 year guarantee but make it almost 6.   Not bad considering how hot it gets around here.  

Walmart.
6 years for a car battery doesn't sound all that great.

Costas for sunglasses.  I have had the same pair for 8 years.  Have sent them back twice and they fixed them and sent them back for the price of shipping.  Just picked up some Maui Jims so we will see how they compare.

Costas for sunglasses.  I have had the same pair for 8 years.  Have sent them back twice and they fixed them and sent them back for the price of shipping.  Just picked up some Maui Jims so we will see how they compare.
What did you have repaired?

mine got crushed in the rear hatch of a van and they claimed that wasn't covered.  

Havent found a good pair to replace them with yet.

That's more than my Yeti cup :oldunsure:   
Prices on the Yeti Tumblers seem to be dropping quickly. I bought those back in December. Didn't love the $40 price tag, but Yeti's were $80-90 at the time, so it felt like I was saving money. Just saw some Yeti's at True Value the other day for $40 (and assume they are cheaper elsewhere). 

Prices on the Yeti Tumblers seem to be dropping quickly. I bought those back in December. Didn't love the $40 price tag, but Yeti's were $80-90 at the time, so it felt like I was saving money. Just saw some Yeti's at True Value the other day for $40 (and assume they are cheaper elsewhere). 
the Yeti tumblers have always been $40 for a 30oz.  The $80/90 ones are the 64 oz ones that are newish

Tervis really does stand behind their tumblers. Mine was knocked of a counter by wilford brimleycat (he has dye uh beat us) causing it to break & come apart. I shipped it back to them & they took the patch from inside the tumbler & installed it in a brand new one. I had to pay shipping but it was about $5. The cup was 17 yrs old & the patch inside is no longer made so I dropped less than what the avg FBGer spends on 1 beer to keep my old school college logo cup in use.

Tervis really does stand behind their tumblers. Mine was knocked of a counter by wilford brimleycat (he has dye uh beat us) causing it to break & come apart. I shipped it back to them & they took the patch from inside the tumbler & installed it in a brand new one. I had to pay shipping but it was about $5. The cup was 17 yrs old & the patch inside is no longer made so I dropped less than what the avg FBGer spends on 1 beer to keep my old school college logo cup in use.
Agree here...we have sent countless cups back after the kids (or wife) have touched them with sunscreen on their hands screwing them up.  We have never been questioned.

What did you have repaired?

mine got crushed in the rear hatch of a van and they claimed that wasn't covered.  

Havent found a good pair to replace them with yet.
Nose pieces fell off after a few years.  Costa emblem fell off one year.  They are starting to peel at the ends of the arms.  Going to send them in for a 3rd time and see what they say.

I just picked up these to replace them for work, dress, etc.  the costas are relegated to fishing, yard work, etc now.

http://www.mauijim.com/en/shop/sunglasses/aviators/wiki-wiki

I remember some garden hose talk a while back. This 100 footer (3/4") at Harbor Freight is a fantastic deal. It's a little on heavy side, but it's a big, thick rubber hose with brass fittings. Great deal for $33. It seems heavy duty hoses of that size will generally run about twice that at Lowe's/HD, especially for a girthy 3/4". 

I got this little water proof bluetooth speaker when it was on sale for $15 (now $20). It works perfectly in the shower and around the pool. The suction cup locks it against your shower wall and I have yet to have it fall off. Not great sound, but good enough for a speaker you can place in your pocket. 

MPow Buckler

Ozark Trail vs. Yeti
Finally got one of these Ozark Trail tumblers last week. I set an "email me when they are back in stock at my store" on Walmart.com. Got the email and went and ordered it online and chose Store Pickup. I wanted it for a coffee mug, as I tend to sip throughout the morning. I'd say it lasted about an hour and a half, as I was multitasking at work, and when I finished it, my coffee was almost (I'd say 90%) as hot as when I first poured it in. For $10, you can't beat this deal. 

Also picked up the Ozark Trail coozie (had to get from Amazon, as Walmart.com doesn't currently list these, that I could find, though they did have a Thermos one that looks similar) and I must say it works pretty well also. Popped in a bottle of Abita yesterday as I was grilling some burgers in the 95 degree LA heat (heat index well over 100). Let it sit outside as I went back and forth to fetch supplies, etc. and probably nursed it for about 20 minutes. Last few swallows were almost as cold (I'd say 90% also on this one) as when I opened it, and in that heat in a normal coozie, the beer would be room temp about 10 minutes in. 

Finally got one of these Ozark Trail tumblers last week. I set an "email me when they are back in stock at my store" on Walmart.com. Got the email and went and ordered it online and chose Store Pickup. I wanted it for a coffee mug, as I tend to sip throughout the morning. I'd say it lasted about an hour and a half, as I was multitasking at work, and when I finished it, my coffee was almost (I'd say 90%) as hot as when I first poured it in. For $10, you can't beat this deal. 

Also picked up the Ozark Trail coozie (had to get from Amazon, as Walmart.com doesn't currently list these, that I could find, though they did have a Thermos one that looks similar) and I must say it works pretty well also. Popped in a bottle of Abita yesterday as I was grilling some burgers in the 95 degree LA heat (heat index well over 100). Let it sit outside as I went back and forth to fetch supplies, etc. and probably nursed it for about 20 minutes. Last few swallows were almost as cold (I'd say 90% also on this one) as when I opened it, and in that heat in a normal coozie, the beer would be room temp about 10 minutes in. 
How does this fit cans and bottles? I've got the Thermos version and a can fits snugly but a bottle would just rattle around in it.

I got this little water proof bluetooth speaker when it was on sale for $15 (now $20). It works perfectly in the shower and around the pool. The suction cup locks it against your shower wall and I have yet to have it fall off. Not great sound, but good enough for a speaker you can place in your pocket. 

MPow Buckler
Big hit tonight with my daughter who still loves to take long baths. :thumbup:

ETA: Way better sound than I expected from a $14 speaker.

How does this fit cans and bottles? I've got the Thermos version and a can fits snugly but a bottle would just rattle around in it.
The black part at the top is some sort of plastic/rubber and slides down over the top of the bottle (or can) and screws onto the metal base to form sort of like a gasket. Tried a couple different beer bottles in it so far and they all fit nicely. The only thing I have found so far that didn't fit snugly is Michelob Ultra cans, because they are slimmer in size than regular cans. 

How does the Thermos one perform?

Users who are viewing this thread