What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (5 Viewers)

Been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and less carbohydrates.  A good sign that I'm old.

Anyway, I bought this.  It is simple, easy to use, easy to clean, and turns any vegetable or hard fruit into "pasta" looking strands.  Fifteen bucks on Amazon.  Love it.
Been eating lots of zucchini lately because of this.  Zuchini and carrot "noodles" with scrambled eggs for brekky.  tried sweet potato once but wore my wrist out forcing it thru.

Been eating lots of zucchini lately because of this.  Zuchini and carrot "noodles" with scrambled eggs for brekky.  tried sweet potato once but wore my wrist out forcing it thru.
Yeah...thats why your wrist was worn out.  :rolleyes:

Good to see these things work...been looking at them.  Do any of you have kids who hate vegetables who will actually eat this type of "pasta"?

Good to see these things work...been looking at them.  Do any of you have kids who hate vegetables who will actually eat this type of "pasta"?
Hey man.  That took away half my fun for a couple days.

Anyhow, my son likes the zuchini pasta, although he isn't nearly as picky as his friends, I don't think he would have gone for it on it's own.

We have this one FWIW.

An old friend of mine's kids.  That's where I found out about this exact version. Heat up a small amount of marinara sauce to bubbling in a skillet, and throw the zucchini in and heat for 3-4 minutes, and it's like a really tasty al dente spaghetti.

:goodposting:

I Have a 12ish year old :homer: Honda push mower that I had forgotten outside one winter full of crap gas...flooded with rain repeatedly. Started right up with fresh fuel. Started making noise after that summer and had a guy look at it. Something about the cyl being ####ed up and it could go anytime. This was like 2 years ago. Still starts on the first pull. I think I've changed the plug once (after that winter outside). 

Honda small engines are pretty much impossible to kill. 
Sounds like you're trying your best to test that out.

Qwest pop up canopies.  Ok, not a full on endoresment as they are pretty cheaply built.

But for purposes they are great.

Going to the beach...have a nice condo on the beach and don't want to rent a stupid chair and umbrella....##### has these things for $47.99 right now.  For that price, even if it gets messed up in the sand and crap, you can chuck it after the trip.

Qwest pop up canopies.  Ok, not a full on endoresment as they are pretty cheaply built.

Going to the beach...have a nice condo on the beach and don't want to rent a stupid chair and umbrella....##### has these things for $47.99 right now.  For that price, even if it gets messed up in the sand and crap, you can chuck it after the trip.
what place has them? #####? #####? :lol:  got a link?

Thanks, didn't know this existed.  Just bought one to put on our Bose sound dock for home use.
 @cstu so basically you plug into your aux line on your device and it will then stream music from phone to device?  Also how does phone operate when you send/receive a call?  Is the persons voice sent through your speakers?  What's the call quality like?  Thanks by the way, just ordered one.  

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm only seeing the $129 version.

Recommendations for a hard floor cleaner (tile in particular)?  Tried couple that seem to spread stuff around more than anything.

I don't, but it reminds me to recommend luggage from ebags.

I picked up this bag about three years ago after realizing that Samsonite has become single-use disposable crap.  The reason I bought it was the warranty - if you look at the warranty on most luggage, it excludes zippers and wheels... you know, the only things that ever break on luggage.  Ebags has a lifetime warranty on theirs that covers everything.  I had a wheel break, so I contacted them.  They gave me a choice of replacing the bag, taking it to a repair center, or having them send me parts.  I chose the latter and did the replacement, it worked well.  The customer service was good.

As for the bag itself, I really like it.  I travel for work to industrial sites, and particularly on container ships over the past few years.  This bag has gone through a ton of rough travel and only had the one wheel issue, which was resolved quickly.  This comes after going through a new suitcase annually leading up to this purchase.  The price is good, too.
Do they sell a garment bag?

As a golfer who likes to work on his wedge game in the playing fields behind our house, I highly recommend these two items:

(1) Hitting Mat - Small enough to carry, yet has the weight to keep it from flying away after every shot.  It has the feel of a fairway, and I feel better about not taking divots.  I can only get about a season out of it before it wears out, but a season is about 1500-2000 shots.  If you have the space or a net, you can also use it for hitting off a tee. 

(2) Shagger -  Pick up your balls like a shag bag, but turn it over and it acts as a one tap dispenser.  A real back saver.  

boots11234 said:
 @cstu so basically you plug into your aux line on your device and it will then stream music from phone to device?  Also how does phone operate when you send/receive a call?  Is the persons voice sent through your speakers?  What's the call quality like?  Thanks by the way, just ordered one.  
Yes.

The music stops playing.

I pick up the phone the old school way.

Short Corner said:
You take that back!

anybody have tires they believe in? 

I'm looking for passenger car all season with good LRR for good gas mileage. I drive 60k miles a year so the cost of the tire doesn't figure in near as much as the LRR technology, but I'm also looking for a good long mileage tire that is not over the top expensive and gets great mileage.

On my prius, I got the Michelin energy saver a/s which I had read was the most fuel efficient tire around. It was rated at 65k miles warranty I think and I was at 88,000 on them and still had some left when a suicidal deer killed my car. Mileage was awesome as advertised. They don't offer those in my size on my current car so I'm looking at continental, michelin, etc. I've never liked good year, but it has been a while. 

Ideas? 

I'm looking for passenger car all season with good LRR for good gas mileage. I drive 60k miles a year so the cost of the tire doesn't figure in near as much as the LRR technology, but I'm also looking for a good long mileage tire that is not over the top expensive and gets great mileage.

On my prius, I got the Michelin energy saver a/s which I had read was the most fuel efficient tire around. It was rated at 65k miles warranty I think and I was at 88,000 on them and still had some left when a suicidal deer killed my car. Mileage was awesome as advertised. They don't offer those in my size on my current car so I'm looking at continental, michelin, etc. I've never liked good year, but it has been a while. 

Ideas? 
What's your weather like?  Lots of snow/ice/rain where you are?

rascal said:
Recommendations for a hard floor cleaner (tile in particular)?  Tried couple that seem to spread stuff around more than anything.
We use Bona, I couldn't tell you much about it other than our floors look clean and my wife seems to like the Bona.

Hey man.  That took away half my fun for a couple days.

Anyhow, my son likes the zuchini pasta, although he isn't nearly as picky as his friends, I don't think he would have gone for it on it's own.

We have this one FWIW.
:thumbup:   ordered one for us.

Weather is tame, no need for snow tires or anything. Just all season year round. I'm in Memphis/ North Mississippi area
Cooper GFE is the same kind of tire as Michelin Energy Saver.  If they don't make those for your current car either, maybe go Michelin Defender.  Great tire across the board.  Wouldn't use any of them for an area that needs snow tires, of course.

Cooper GFE is the same kind of tire as Michelin Energy Saver.  If they don't make those for your current car either, maybe go Michelin Defender.  Great tire across the board.  Wouldn't use any of them for an area that needs snow tires, of course.
Interesting. There is a big Cooper tire plant in the city I live in (Tupelo) but I know nothing about their tires and especially this one if it's like the energy saver. Thanks a lot, looking up now. 

Eta: tire rack seems to not carry Cooper so that explains why I know nothing about them...

The Black rubber hose from Sears is on sale again for the 50' section.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-all-rubber-garden-hose-5-8-in-x/p-07169602000P?sid=I0084400010000100675&aff=Y&PID=361116&AID=11042411

You can't beat $19.99.  Think I am going to pick another one up for the front yard as only one is a little short for washing cars etc.

ETA: 100ft is $39.99
I missed this, but KMart now has the 100ft for $34.99

http://www.kmart.com/craftsman-5-8-in-x-100-ft-all-rubber/p-043W885235110001P

Ideas? 
Tirerack.com

They have reviews and ratings on all of the tires.  Prices and service is also great.

Might have missed in in the thread, but does anyone have a recommendation on a non-stick pan for eggs etc?

I want to use as little oil/butter as possible.  Most of the pans I have had work great for a few months and then progressively worse.

Thanks

Might have missed in in the thread, but does anyone have a recommendation on a non-stick pan for eggs etc?

I want to use as little oil/butter as possible.  Most of the pans I have had work great for a few months and then progressively worse.

Thanks
Got a ceramic skillet like this for my MIL a few months ago and she loves it.  I think the one I got was around $20 at Target.  

This reminds me, I've also been wanting a new skillet for cooking eggs.

Got a ceramic skillet like this for my MIL a few months ago and she loves it.  I think the one I got was around $20 at Target.  

This reminds me, I've also been wanting a new skillet for cooking eggs.
Yeah, my MIL has one of these, Any models better than others?  I would like it to last for a while and don't mind spending a little bit more.

Ideas? 
i like goodyear because they seem to have stores all over the mother jazz place so if something goes wrong they are sort of nearby most of the time but maybe check a map to see where stores are take that to the bank bromigos also i have had good luck with there tires 

hey black hose guys does that hose sort of not kink that much like the el crapofantastico green stuff man that makes me mad you can not coil up the green stuff cause its always kinking up and then you just want to punch a cow man i hate those hoses when they kink take that to the bank bromigos 

hey black hose guys does that hose sort of not kink that much like the el crapofantastico green stuff man that makes me mad you can not coil up the green stuff cause its always kinking up and then you just want to punch a cow man i hate those hoses when they kink take that to the bank bromigos 
Have yet to get a kink in mine, and had it for ~a year. This hose could eat the green ones, IMO. It's a man's hose. NTTAWWT.

Users who are viewing this thread