What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (5 Viewers)

These are not cheap, but are the best* polos I've bought - Psycho Bunny.

*when I say 'best' I mean it's great material and they make my fat ### look good (6'4, 285 and I wear the XXX Large).
Sig material coming...

That's strange, I don't recall you being so big when we got together.

And I gotta be honest, I hate those psycho bunnies, but I will try one on sometime if they are that good. Maybe I could have the bunny taken off.
Like $85 for a polo/golf shirt. Paying an awful lot for a large ugly logo.

*when I say 'best' I mean it's great material and they make my fat ### look good (6'4, 285 and I wear the XXX Large).
Sig material coming...

And I gotta be honest, I hate those psycho bunnies, but I will try one on sometime if they are that good. Maybe I could have the bunny taken off.
If that was on clearance for $10 I still wouldn't buy it. Anti-logo.

That Incredible Stain Remover is witchcraft. Bought it a few weeks ago and used it to clean up a coffee spill and a chocolate milk spill and it made them both totally vanish. Then I used it on a very old grape juice stain on the carpet that I thought was never coming out. Took it right out. Incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sig material coming...

Probably was about 275-ish when I was there. That's what meant in the weight loss thread how it easy for big guys to gain weight and not notice it. Down to 280 now and won't stop until I reach 200.

If that was on clearance for $10 I still wouldn't buy it. Anti-logo.
The logo is no bigger than a small Polo logo.

I bought it for the quality, not the logo. If you have a recommendation for a great quality, non-logo polo shirt let us know.
Something from ll bean doesn't work?
To ctsu's point - I saw the "tall bunny" version logo, but the regular is still seems too large for me.

For those interested the same link has a lot of their shirts 50% off - the basic one is normally $85 - so $42.50.

Asics Kayano: Best shoes ever, I have stopped looking at much else. I also don't like to pay the $160 price tag, $175 if you like the reflective types.

Right now the 22nd editions are out so the 21st editions are marked down. On Amazon you will only save about $20-$30 depending on the color. If you look around further though I managed to get a pair for less than $85 with tax and shipping. Also managed the lite up edition on Sports Authority for less than $95 all said. So close to half of what they retail at. I probably will stock up with a few more pairs, this particular edition I find really comfortable. The toe box is wide enough, shoes fit great right out of the box, mostly mesh throughout, avoid water.

I have almost a flat foot with no arch, slightly wide but usually a D width works if the shoe is made right.

Bluetooth speaker recs? Ideally on the cheaper side...
I effing LOVE this Sony product.  I did a good bit of research, went into Best Buy thinking I was going to buy yet another JBL product and after coming away unimpressed, ended up doing some in-store listening and found that the Sony offered the richest sound at that price point.

Honestly, I think you need to go audition them in-store.  It will really depend on what your ear likes.

Edit - wow just saw the Amazon user ratings for this... not surprising. 

Kodiak Power Cakes

~$15 for a 72 oz. box at Costco. I won't go back to regular pancakes now after trying these - far better taste (can eat plain) and 14g of protein per serving.

There are a ton of Yeti tumbler knockoffs on Amazon that all seem to have good reviews.  I knew the $60 tumbler model wouldn't last long.  I ordered one for my wife that is by a brand named Magnum for $35, but it's black powder coated.  There are several other brands with stainless for less than $25.  Some lower than $20.

Quez said:
There are a ton of Yeti tumbler knockoffs on Amazon that all seem to have good reviews.  I knew the $60 tumbler model wouldn't last long.  I ordered one for my wife that is by a brand named Magnum for $35, but it's black powder coated.  There are several other brands with stainless for less than $25.  Some lower than $20.
I bought this Thermos model a month ago for $10 and love it.  Haven't tested it in extreme heat, but usually use it around the house, if I'm having a beer I get interrupted with having to do something, like put the kids to bed.  I've come back to it an hour later and it's still pretty cold.  

I just wish it had a bottle adaptor like the Yeti.

I

I always wonder when most of the newer reviews have the disclaimer, "I received this for free or at a discount in exchange for an honest review."  :shrug:  
I didn't notice that, however the product doesn't seem like that complicated of a device to copy.  If they are making fake iPhones in China, then what is a little bent stainless steel?  I will make sure to follow up if it's worth a crap.  

I bought a bunch of the SIC Glacier tumbers for Christmas presents and couple for myself. They work great. Not sure how they compare to Yeti, but I can't imagine needing to keep a drink cold longer than they will. By the time the ice melts a day later, you are drinking a really, really old drink that needs to be replaced anyway.  It'll keep it ice cold all day long in a hot car with windows up, which is pretty much the litmus test for this sort of thing.

Better deal now, because back then they didn't have the stainless model in stock and they were $40 instead of the $30 they are at now.

We just got the Pocket Hose Dura-Rib II garden hose.

Works as advertised!  Very easy to use, lightweight, no kinks.  

I bought this Thermos model a month ago for $10 and love it.  Haven't tested it in extreme heat, but usually use it around the house, if I'm having a beer I get interrupted with having to do something, like put the kids to bed.  I've come back to it an hour later and it's still pretty cold.  

I just wish it had a bottle adaptor like the Yeti.
I got one of these for my little brother who lives in FL a while back (before yeti had their product) and he's a big fan. Uses it all the time out on the boat. :thumbup:

I was extremely skeptical of the new washer/dryer combo units, but my wife really pressed me for one. It's turned out to be one of the best purchases I've ever made.  Throw clothes in dirty, they come out clean and dry.  Ventless, so no vent or lint trap to worry about burning your house down. Dries using condensation, pumps the water out just like a wash cycle.  Also, doesn't seem to shrink fabrics the same way a regular dryer does; I accidentally put my wife's favorite sweaters in with a dryer cycle over the weekend, and they came out perfectly.

We bought this:

http://m.jcpenney.com/lg-43-cu-ft-high-efficiency-front-load-washerdryer-combo/prod.jump?ppId=pp5006380175&selectedSKUId=85503030018&selectedLotId=8550303&fromBag=true&utm_content=%7Bio-query:iotid%7D&gclid=Cj0KEQjwoYi4BRDF_PHHu6rI7NMBEiQAKZ-JuF9C29-WQiu2pHi9GDkWFyC-_LeGRpf5Xpdmps2wp7AaArxd8P8HAQ&cm_mmc=google%20non-brand-_-G_DSA_Shopping-_-93979780965-_-DSA&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid%20search

I was extremely skeptical of the new washer/dryer combo units, but my wife really pressed me for one. It's turned out to be one of the best purchases I've ever made.  Throw clothes in dirty, they come out clean and dry.  Ventless, so no vent or lint trap to worry about burning your house down. Dries using condensation, pumps the water out just like a wash cycle.  Also, doesn't seem to shrink fabrics the same way a regular dryer does; I accidentally put my wife's favorite sweaters in with a dryer cycle over the weekend, and they came out perfectly.

We bought this:

http://m.jcpenney.com/lg-43-cu-ft-high-efficiency-front-load-washerdryer-combo/prod.jump?ppId=pp5006380175&selectedSKUId=85503030018&selectedLotId=8550303&fromBag=true&utm_content=%7Bio-query:iotid%7D&gclid=Cj0KEQjwoYi4BRDF_PHHu6rI7NMBEiQAKZ-JuF9C29-WQiu2pHi9GDkWFyC-_LeGRpf5Xpdmps2wp7AaArxd8P8HAQ&cm_mmc=google%20non-brand-_-G_DSA_Shopping-_-93979780965-_-DSA&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid%20search
Interesting. I had never considered one of those either. May have to look into it, as my pair is old, and will likely need replacing soon. 

My daughter has one but she said it took forever to dry.   She ended up getting a separate dryer.
If they are anything like the ones in Europe, stay far, far away.  

I lived in London, and we decided that the washer/dryer manufacturers figured, hey, you live in London, you gonna get rained on every day anyway, we just gonna save you some time.  

My daughter has one but she said it took forever to dry.   She ended up getting a separate dryer.
yeah after reading some reviews on Amazon (also a cheaper price, FYI), I'm thinking it might not work well for me, with the high humidity we have in these parts. That one review says drying time up to 6 HOURS for a large load of clothes if you want them all the way dry. Eek. And considering it's about the price of some of the newer traditional pairs, may not be the best fit. 

yeah after reading some reviews on Amazon (also a cheaper price, FYI), I'm thinking it might not work well for me, with the high humidity we have in these parts. That one review says drying time up to 6 HOURS for a large load of clothes if you want them all the way dry. Eek. And considering it's about the price of some of the newer traditional pairs, may not be the best fit. 
I live in Louisiana, and my laundry room usually has the window open to avoid musty smells.  Super humid.  No problems whatsoever.

It is a longer cycle, due to ventless drying.  If you do 5-6 loads of laundry a day when you do laundry, not the setup for you.  It does take longer to dry.  And the model matters - this is the ONLY one I've found that does as well as it does. 

But I ran a load of 10 towels we use for drying the dogs when they come in muddy on Saturday, took 3.5-4 hours, dry as a bone and piping hot when they came out, and super ultra clean.  For an old man with knee and back problems, not having to transfer wet clothes is nice.

If they are anything like the ones in Europe, stay far, far away.  

I lived in London, and we decided that the washer/dryer manufacturers figured, hey, you live in London, you gonna get rained on every day anyway, we just gonna save you some time.  
Almost all the other models are 2-2.3 cubic feet.  That's where the fail comes in.  The 4.3 cu ft version is the key.

I live in Louisiana, and my laundry room usually has the window open to avoid musty smells.  Super humid.  No problems whatsoever.

It is a longer cycle, due to ventless drying.  If you do 5-6 loads of laundry a day when you do laundry, not the setup for you.  It does take longer to dry.  And the model matters - this is the ONLY one I've found that does as well as it does. 

But I ran a load of 10 towels we use for drying the dogs when they come in muddy on Saturday, took 3.5-4 hours, dry as a bone and piping hot when they came out, and super ultra clean.  For an old man with knee and back problems, not having to transfer wet clothes is nice.
Good to know. LA as well. Thanks for the followup review, GB.

Users who are viewing this thread