What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (2 Viewers)

The black part at the top is some sort of plastic/rubber and slides down over the top of the bottle (or can) and screws onto the metal base to form sort of like a gasket. Tried a couple different beer bottles in it so far and they all fit nicely. The only thing I have found so far that didn't fit snugly is Michelob Ultra cans, because they are slimmer in size than regular cans. 

How does the Thermos one perform?
Thermos is just like a regular coozie, just one piece with an opening.  It is for cans only.  

Carhartt t-shirts. They are true to size, 100% cotton & banish plumbers crack. Only thing that would be better is if they were made in the USA, but then I wouldn't be able to afford em :)

Friends,

Do you suffer from never being able to please your wife? Your movie choices never go over, your restaurant selections suck, you forget b-days and most major holidays, you haven't bought flowers and candy since Groundhog's Day '95...well friends your ship has come in. I promise when you buy one of these and get it situated just right in the house/kitchen, your SO is going to be all smiles. 

Introducing the Simplehuman Stainless Steel Trash Can!!! 

All kidding aside this can rocks. It's going to cost you some money and then there are special trash bags/can liners they sell that go perfect(10 bags included). We have the 30L which is a little small for some of you but we don't have 3 kids running around the house either. They make a 45 and 55 as well. You can get a 20% discount card at BB&B, they send them out every week and you can buy this at the store and save some money that way. 

I am going to buy a couple 10L for the bathrooms, the lids actually stay open a couple seconds after you step on the lever, can't say enough nice things about these cans and the wife bonked me twice over the weekend. 

Cheers!

Friends,

Do you suffer from never being able to please your wife? Your movie choices never go over, your restaurant selections suck, you forget b-days and most major holidays, you haven't bought flowers and candy since Groundhog's Day '95...well friends your ship has come in. I promise when you buy one of these and get it situated just right in the house/kitchen, your SO is going to be all smiles. 

All kidding aside this can rocks. It's going to cost you some money and then there are special trash bags/can liners they sell that go perfect(10 bags included). We have the 30L which is a little small for some of you but we don't have 3 kids running around the house either. They make a 45 and 55 as well. You can get a 20% discount card at BB&B, they send them out every week and you can buy this at the store and save some money that way. 

I am going to buy a couple 10L for the bathrooms, the lids actually stay open a couple seconds after you step on the lever, can't say enough nice things about these cans and the wife bonked me twice over the weekend. 

Cheers!
Woah!  $130??  I know we're FBG's and this isn't a big deal, but I've got about 15 bathrooms in my house, plus the 3 cans I need for my industrial kitchen.  That's a whole lot of scratch for some garbage can!

Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream recipe book.  The shiznitt.

Pretty annoying with her artisinal vocabulary, but the base recipe that starts off all the others is ridiculously good.  My favorite so far was beer and coffee ice cream (Kona Stout in her overmarketed language).  Some recipes are a little too weird (tea flavored ice cream), but most have been great.

Woah!  $130??  I know we're FBG's and this isn't a big deal, but I've got about 15 bathrooms in my house, plus the 3 cans I need for my industrial kitchen.  That's a whole lot of scratch for some garbage can!
The 30L is $100 and I paid $80 after the BB&B 20% coupon they mail out daily it seems. Once you use it you're gonna love it. No more messes, you'll be happy when its time to change the bag. 

There is a 38L model that is not 100% stainless steel, mainly the top lid. That also sells for $100 and you can work the same deal at BB&B and save a little, put it on the Christmas list. Wives/Moms love them and they eat these types of gifts up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends,

Cheers!
Just a quick google and the bags cost 4x as much as Costco 13 gallon bags do.  What's the difference between pulling the bag out from inside the can versus pulling it out of the cabinet right next to the can again?

Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream recipe book.  The shiznitt.

Pretty annoying with her artisinal vocabulary, but the base recipe that starts off all the others is ridiculously good.  My favorite so far was beer and coffee ice cream (Kona Stout in her overmarketed language).  Some recipes are a little too weird (tea flavored ice cream), but most have been great.

Love the Queen City Cayenne, but sad to see that they don't make the Bangkok Peanut right now.  

Just a quick google and the bags cost 4x as much as Costco 13 gallon bags do.  What's the difference between pulling the bag out from inside the can versus pulling it out of the cabinet right next to the can again?
BBB has a solid return policy if you don't like it. You could try the Costco liners/bags and see what happens. I was not wild about special bags but I can get a bundle of 60 on Amazon.

If you have a dog or pet this would be a great way to end trash can messes. Pets can't access the trash with these the way they would with say a Rubbermaid. Also the smell if there is any is trapped, you have about zero smell factor. 

10 year warranty. 

I can be one of these at times. 

BBB has a solid return policy if you don't like it. You could try the Costco liners/bags and see what happens. I was not wild about special bags but I can get a bundle of 60 on Amazon.

If you have a dog or pet this would be a great way to end trash can messes. Pets can't access the trash with these the way they would with say a Rubbermaid. Also the smell if there is any is trapped, you have about zero smell factor. 

10 year warranty. 

I can be one of these at times. 
Sorry man, but, I still don't get it.  The can I have has a lid with a foot lever that keeps my dogs out, that's not new science.  Not sure why I'd pay 4x as much for bags just to stick them inside.  Then in addition to changing the bag now you have to constantly refill the bag holder inside the can every 12th bag?  No thanks, I'll just refill my box of Costco bags with a new box once every 2 years.  

Hell just drop a couple extra bags in the bottom of the can if you want them inside next time for some strange reason.  This is one of the weirdest gimmicks I've ever seen. 

Mann & Wix oil filters. Don't get me started on crappy Fram  or  overpriced OEM, Mobil 1  & K&N filters. 

Go to rock auto & get Mann or Wix & save a ton. 

Mann & Wix oil filters. Don't get me started on crappy Fram  or  overpriced OEM, Mobil 1  & K&N filters. 

Go to rock auto & get Mann or Wix & save a ton. 
I use Mann filters for one car but the  Mobil 1 filters  I use on the other are not much more.

Sorry man, but, I still don't get it.  The can I have has a lid with a foot lever that keeps my dogs out, that's not new science.  Not sure why I'd pay 4x as much for bags just to stick them inside.  Then in addition to changing the bag now you have to constantly refill the bag holder inside the can every 12th bag?  No thanks, I'll just refill my box of Costco bags with a new box once every 2 years.  
If you don't want to spend $100 for a trash can no problem. I won't spend $30,000+ on a new car. 

Please don't knock the product though, check one out sometime, I'm probably not doing them justice but they are made out of stainless steel and have a 10 year warranty. 

It's a quality product that enhances your life, to each their own but I would like more products in the theme of the one I posted for things around the house that make life easier or better. This product does both IMO. 

Cheers

Hell just drop a couple extra bags in the bottom of the can if you want them inside next time for some strange reason.  This is one of the weirdest gimmicks I've ever seen. 
Haven't even set the can up the way you describe, I don't keep multiple bags in the can. Maybe it's even better than I posted, I just like the fact it seals and there is no leaking plus it has a nice sleek/slick look to it and blends in nicely. 

I use Mann filters for one car but the  Mobil 1 filters  I use on the other are not much more.
Really? Mobil 1 filters are $12 & up at places like Advance Auto here. Mann filters for one of my cars are $2.65 @ rockauto.com with cheap shipping ( I buy em 6 or 10 at time for $6 shipping)

Haven't even set the can up the way you describe, I don't keep multiple bags in the can. Maybe it's even better than I posted, I just like the fact it seals and there is no leaking plus it has a nice sleek/slick look to it and blends in nicely. 
Why dont you just use regular bags then?

I posted about SimpleHuman trash cans a few pages back, so I agree with MoP that they are worth the premium.  I am a FBG after all so I can afford it.   :D

We've always used regular trash bags with no problem.  (Edited to add that ours doesn't have the fancy extra liner thing that MoP was referring to though)

We have a rubbermaid spring loaded with wire lock that holds the bags.  That was revolutionary to me.  Not stainless steel but you can get em at wall Mart for 20 or 30 bucks. It also holds in the smell, and the bag is hidden inside and stays put.

One of my recent favorites has been the Anker brand of lightning cables for my family's Apple products. They are slightly more expensive, but are very sturdy and last a long time.

Anker has lots of other products that I've heard good reviews of. The only other one I have bought yet is an iPhone screen protector that I has happy with.
Yeah, I agree this is a good one. They've become my go to brand when shopping on Amazon for any cables, batteries, or chargers. 

And they have good customer service, too. Good warranty - I've only had one of their products ever go bad on me (a charger for my extra cell phone batteries I also bought from them), and it was replaced right away with no questions asked. The replacement has worked perfectly since. 

Have you guys ever seen the inner lower bowels of a trash can?? That's where death's feces lives. 
Exactly, you know GD well you just gloss right over whatever filth found it's way to the bottom of the can. White rubber maid style trash cans after a full bag is removed, they just collect gunk down there, bags leak, gross! 

Really? Mobil 1 filters are $12 & up at places like Advance Auto here. Mann filters for one of my cars are $2.65 @ rockauto.com with cheap shipping ( I buy em 6 or 10 at time for $6 shipping)
I see, the Mann filter I use for my Jag is about $8.

Anyone got a good FM/Bluetooth transmitter that works well?

Looking to hook up my iPad with my car stereo (stock '04 Toyota, so no Bluetooth or even AUX jack).

Have a few candidates selected on Amazon but didn't know if any of y'all may have found a hidden (and cheap?) gem.

TIA

Looking to hook up my iPad with my car stereo (stock '04 Toyota, so no Bluetooth or even AUX jack).

Have a few candidates selected on Amazon but didn't know if any of y'all may have found a hidden (and cheap?) gem.

TIA
Go look at Crutchfield to see what will work, then go to amazon etc to look for deals. Does your yota have a cassette player? That's a little after they were phased out but my daughter says this https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/hsij/?srp=3 works in her cassette equipped car.

TIA

Was looking at those a while back and saw several under $15 that had good reviews.  I got a different car in the meantime that happened to have bluetooth.  I am still checking for my son's 2002 pick up and just haven't pulled the trigger.  

I can be cheap.  Report back if you go ahead and grab something.  

TIA
I picked up a decent one at Radio Shack.  Transmits to a cassette, was like $30.

TIA
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RFCF2O0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wirecutter's top choice, I've had it for a year (tomorrow).  I'm 99% happy with it.  The 1% deduction is because when the temperature in my garage is below 0, I have to warm up the USB power port's metal (just put it under my leg for a minute or so) before it will work.

Finally got one of these Ozark Trail tumblers last week. I set an "email me when they are back in stock at my store" on Walmart.com. Got the email and went and ordered it online and chose Store Pickup. I wanted it for a coffee mug, as I tend to sip throughout the morning. I'd say it lasted about an hour and a half, as I was multitasking at work, and when I finished it, my coffee was almost (I'd say 90%) as hot as when I first poured it in. For $10, you can't beat this deal. 

Also picked up the Ozark Trail coozie (had to get from Amazon, as Walmart.com doesn't currently list these, that I could find, though they did have a Thermos one that looks similar) and I must say it works pretty well also. Popped in a bottle of Abita yesterday as I was grilling some burgers in the 95 degree LA heat (heat index well over 100). Let it sit outside as I went back and forth to fetch supplies, etc. and probably nursed it for about 20 minutes. Last few swallows were almost as cold (I'd say 90% also on this one) as when I opened it, and in that heat in a normal coozie, the beer would be room temp about 10 minutes in. 
Are there any koozies like this for 20 oz bottles. Could use one in the fishing boat. 

TIA
https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-T505-Bluetooth-Portable-Speakerphone/dp/B0030BZ7HM

Have had this for years in my 04 honda...been pairing with it for 3 different phones and still works great.  Not the best sound in the world, but i didnt expect it would be.

TIA
Should be able to install an iPhone adapter (google 2004 Toyota aux input) and buy the Bluetooth adapter I posted earlier in the thread.  That way you can have it out of sight.  

Users who are viewing this thread