What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (1 Viewer)

For the Spiralizer guys, I also like making a cold salad with the 'noodles'.  Noodle zucchini, some diced fresh tomato, a little green onion, parm and a splash of your favorite italian dressing.  Makes a great cold light side dish.  Could add black olives but those aren't popular at my house.  

Also have made dish with leftover grilled chicken, 'noodles', and mushrooms.  Sauteed the 'noodles' and mushrooms to cook out the water, added the chicken (diced/shredded) to warm them added a little parsley and parm at the end.  Really good!

I forget if I already posted this, but there are two things that I have in my bathroom and love.  Love them?  Yes, love them.  No, not literally.  More like when I'm away on a work trip or vacation and when I come home and get to poop in my bathroom again it just feels right.  Anyway, here they are:

Squatty Potty - definitely takes the effort out of pooping and reduces/eliminates stragglers.  Based on the hemorrhoid thread here, this should help.

Bidet - You can add this on to just about any toilet and it is awesome.  No, you don't need hot water, you'll get used to the room temp water really fast.  No, you don't need special tools.  No, you pretty much won't ever have to wipe a second time again.  Poop, spray, one wipe to dry up, and you are done.  

I forget if I already posted this, but there are two things that I have in my bathroom and love.  Love them?  Yes, love them.  No, not literally.  More like when I'm away on a work trip or vacation and when I come home and get to poop in my bathroom again it just feels right.  Anyway, here they are:

Squatty Potty - definitely takes the effort out of pooping and reduces/eliminates stragglers.  Based on the hemorrhoid thread here, this should help.

Bidet - You can add this on to just about any toilet and it is awesome.  No, you don't need hot water, you'll get used to the room temp water really fast.  No, you don't need special tools.  No, you pretty much won't ever have to wipe a second time again.  Poop, spray, one wipe to dry up, and you are done.  
Agree Mr Hammer. Went to Japan for work and used on for the first time. Felt like a geisha was wiping me with a warm moist towel.  Purchased one the week I got home.  

Now that I've mentioned the Japanese, I bought this Scrubber  based on an old thread here from a wise wise FBG.  This bad boy is awesome, after a weeks worth of showers your skin will feel soft as silk. It's super easy to scrub your back and big Jim and the twins love the scrubbing sensation.  665 reviews and 5 stars, the reviews don't lie.   As a bonus your skin is your largest organ, properly opened pores allow for more toxins in your body to escape.  Get this and your wife will be throwing dots at you in appreciation.  Did I mention it is cheap too???

The boxer briefs are just too hot imo. Are there any that are as cool as boxers?
Humm, I haven't noticed any difference between these and exo's. Though the pair I linked are shorter then boxers in the waist and legs but very roomy in the love gun area.  Certainly no hotter then any other micro modal underwear like say underarmor.  They compare and IMO are better then the Kelvin Kline micro models in both price and comfort and as a bonus I don't have a dudes name printed by my junk 

For the Spiralizer guys, I also like making a cold salad with the 'noodles'.  Noodle zucchini, some diced fresh tomato, a little green onion, parm and a splash of your favorite italian dressing.  Makes a great cold light side dish.  Could add black olives but those aren't popular at my house.  

Also have made dish with leftover grilled chicken, 'noodles', and mushrooms.  Sauteed the 'noodles' and mushrooms to cook out the water, added the chicken (diced/shredded) to warm them added a little parsley and parm at the end.  Really good!
sounds pretty good will try that

I made a seafood paella with the zoodles. just chopped them fine into rice size :hifive:

did all the typical paella veggies let them reduce, added shrimp scallops mussels, some chicken stock then finished with the zoodlerice.

Humm, I haven't noticed any difference between these and exo's. Though the pair I linked are shorter then boxers in the waist and legs but very roomy in the love gun area.  Certainly no hotter then any other micro modal underwear like say underarmor.  They compare and IMO are better then the Kelvin Kline micro models in both price and comfort and as a bonus I don't have a dudes name printed by my junk 
To be clear, I haven't tried your brand or the exo's. I was commenting on my experience that boxer briefs seem much warmer than boxers. 

To be clear, I haven't tried your brand or the exo's. I was commenting on my experience that boxer briefs seem much warmer than boxers. 
I bet the boxers you've tried are cotton.  These are made from the same material as women's underwear (sound bad but I still feel like a man wearing them) aka micro modal.  They feel very light when wearing and not hot at all.  

My lake house is full of Amish-made furniture. I believe in them to make some terrific furniture, look into it. :thumbup:  
When we got married 20 years ago, we bought some bedroom furniture from a local store.  2 years later, that stuff was trashed already from light everyday use.  We stumbled across this Amish dealer who buys from the Amish and occasionally gets a hallway spot in the mall to advertise.  We went to his showroom in the Finger Lakes and picked out replacement oak bedroom furniture that cost about 30% more than the laminate crap we had gotten previously.  18 years later, it looks like the day we bought it - just rock-solid.  We ended up going back many times, getting a badass dining room table that expands to handle about 16 people, a hutch for the dining room, and a cedar chest for blankets and stuff.  

When we got married 20 years ago, we bought some bedroom furniture from a local store.  2 years later, that stuff was trashed already from light everyday use.  We stumbled across this Amish dealer who buys from the Amish and occasionally gets a hallway spot in the mall to advertise.  We went to his showroom in the Finger Lakes and picked out replacement oak bedroom furniture that cost about 30% more than the laminate crap we had gotten previously.  18 years later, it looks like the day we bought it - just rock-solid.  We ended up going back many times, getting a badass dining room table that expands to handle about 16 people, a hutch for the dining room, and a cedar chest for blankets and stuff.  
We got an oak dining room set from Tom Seely furniture about 30 yrs ago. I suppose it'll get passed on to the kids when i take the big dirt nap.

Agree Mr Hammer. Went to Japan for work and used on for the first time. Felt like a geisha was wiping me with a warm moist towel.  Purchased one the week I got home.  

Now that I've mentioned the Japanese, I bought this Scrubber  based on an old thread here from a wise wise FBG.  This bad boy is awesome, after a weeks worth of showers your skin will feel soft as silk. It's super easy to scrub your back and big Jim and the twins love the scrubbing sensation.  665 reviews and 5 stars, the reviews don't lie.   As a bonus your skin is your largest organ, properly opened pores allow for more toxins in your body to escape.  Get this and your wife will be throwing dots at you in appreciation.  Did I mention it is cheap too???
I also get those based on the same old thread.  Good stuff.  It's weird how the price varies by color.

I spent some time in Korea and loved the toilets.  Can you link what you bought as a comparison to Hammer's recommendation?  I looked into them awhile back but didn't pull the trigger  - I think I was making things too complicated, looking for those with heated water, which turns into a wall-breaking plumbing project.

The Ozark Trail 30 oz tumbler ..

Went to a theme park with the family yesterday.  Cup was half full with water and maybe a bit of 3 ice cubes or so when we went into the park at 9:45am.

9pm we return to the car. Water was still cool.  Not cold, but drinkably cool after 11 hours in a car in 85 degree temps outside.

Car ride today 10 hours and filled the cup with ice this morning around 7:30 and water. Refilled with cold water around 2.  Still had 1/4 cup of ice at 6pm after we unpacked the car a bit.

The Ozark Trail 30 oz tumbler ..

Went to a theme park with the family yesterday.  Cup was half full with water and maybe a bit of 3 ice cubes or so when we went into the park at 9:45am.

9pm we return to the car. Water was still cool.  Not cold, but drinkably cool after 11 hours in a car in 85 degree temps outside.

Car ride today 10 hours and filled the cup with ice this morning around 7:30 and water. Refilled with cold water around 2.  Still had 1/4 cup of ice at 6pm after we unpacked the car a bit.
I actually bought a few of these days.  $10.xx/shipped a piece for me.

Tick said:
It's gonna cost a little more because of the middle man but it doesn't matter. 

I have a red cedar futon couch, a barn wood coffee table, a barn wood TV stand/entertainment center (I designed it, Amish provided supplies but they can't build those items so it was done by a local craftsman) two barn wood end tables, a hickory fill table, a red cedar chest, and two red cedar lamps I have bought over the past 7 years.  Plus I have some 1970s Pine lounge chairs that are probably Amish-built, and they look wonderful at 40. 

They all look like new now and I don't leave the heat on here in the winter, and it's a damp and cold place. I bought a Anorindeck chair in red cedar shaped like Michigan this trip, wish they would have had two. 

Outside the futon nothing was over $300, and this furniture will last way longer than I will.  The only problem with the furniture is you just want to buy more of it. I'm going barn wood master bedroom set next.  

Last edited by a moderator:

I too have been using that scrubber/washcloth thing for many years after reading about it on FBG.  Absolutely love them.  Way better than washcloths, loofas, and those Dove for Men things.

Tiger Fan said:
just ordered :excited:
Give it a week or two and don't give up. You're about to have the softest skin you've ever had. Just don't use a lot of pressure at first.  Report back. I honestly couldn't believe how much better my skin felt.  

Sears appliances.

I've bought like 15 big ticket appliances from them in the last 25 years of home ownership.   Fridges, washer & dryer, stoves etc...  Never had a problem and their service dept is great.  They price match and if a sale happens shortly after you purchase, you jsut call and they refund you the sale difference.   Never had a lemon, been very happy with their service and support.

Sears appliances.

I've bought like 15 big ticket appliances from them in the last 25 years of home ownership.   Fridges, washer & dryer, stoves etc...  Never had a problem and their service dept is great.  They price match and if a sale happens shortly after you purchase, you jsut call and they refund you the sale difference.   Never had a lemon, been very happy with their service and support.
Similar for us, but with one caveat: about 1/3 of the appliances get dented/scratched up during delivery.  They'll take a significant price cut when it happens, and we don't really care about the scuffs, so it's a positive for us... but for some it could be pretty frustrating.

PlayaHata said:
I too have been using that scrubber/washcloth thing for many years after reading about it on FBG.  Absolutely love them.  Way better than washcloths, loofas, and those Dove for Men things.
Another fan of the Japanese scrubber things here. I was skeptical but they're great! 

Sears appliances.

Another Kenmore fan. I bought a 5 burner grill from them 6 years ago, and I've been very pleased with it. Bought a clearance one, so I got a great price.

Another vote for anything made by the Amish. Good people, good material, great products and beards.

I'd also like to recommend Crystal hot sauce. Perfect blend of flavor, heat, and price. I keep a deep shelf for whatever hot sauce needs might arise, but Crystal has risen to the top as my daily driver.

Any more to sell?  Cant find any at local Walmarts.  Need 2
i wish, im glad I held onto 1 for myself. someone at walmart told me theyre backordered but I have a feeling theyre gone for good

check ebay you can still find some on there

Another Kenmore fan. I bought a 5 burner grill from them 6 years ago, and I've been very pleased with it. Bought a clearance one, so I got a great price.
If you didn't know, Kenmore is just a name Sears puts on products it has manufactured by other companies. I have a Kenmore Elite fridge made by LG. I have a KE stove and microwave made by other major manufacturers. Their washers and dryers are made by various companies and rebranded as well.

If you didn't know, Kenmore is just a name Sears puts on products it has manufactured by other companies. I have a Kenmore Elite fridge made by LG. I have a KE stove and microwave made by other major manufacturers. Their washers and dryers are made by various companies and rebranded as well.
Interesting, I'll have to look into who makes their grills. I was afraid of buying a new one, since I always have this feeling Sears is going to go under.

I am very concerned if my pillow is certified by the National Sleep Institute, which j had no idea even existed until recently.  I know one of you has ordered the mypillow.com pillow, that took years to develop.  What is the deal?

I am very concerned if my pillow is certified by the National Sleep Institute, which j had no idea even existed until recently.  I know one of you has ordered the mypillow.com pillow, that took years to develop.  What is the deal?
Love these. I have some hip and neck issues and their body pillows are the greatest things ever. Regular body pillows go flat in a month, these mypillows havent even begun to go flat in well over a year. If you like a firmer pillow these  :moneybag:

Love these. I have some hip and neck issues and their body pillows are the greatest things ever. Regular body pillows go flat in a month, these mypillows havent even begun to go flat in well over a year. If you like a firmer pillow these  :moneybag:
What kind of neck issues?  My neck feels like it constantly needs to be cracked.  It doesn't hurt, but more of a "sore" feeling.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's my pillow.  

FYI, the guy that owns MyPillow also created the National Sleep Institute.

It'd be like Taco Bell creating the "Best Food Ever Institute" and then giving themselves the stamp of approval.

What kind of neck issues?  My neck feels like it constantly needs to be cracked.  It doesn't hurt, but more of a "sore" feeling.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's my pillow.  
I have a disease called DISH, the tendons and my spine are fusing together and thus greatly limit my range of motion etc. So combine that with my extremely large and heavy head, I need a very firm pillow. 

FYI, the guy that owns MyPillow also created the National Sleep Institute.

It'd be like Taco Bell creating the "Best Food Ever Institute" and then giving themselves the stamp of approval.
I believe it's actually the National Sleep Foundation (not Institute) and they were founded in 1990 in VA. The pillow guy is from MN and started the company a little over 10 years ago. :shrug:

Their relationship is a bit odd though, and paying that much for pillows with mediocre reviews (3.5 out 5 on both Walmart and Amazon) is not something I'm about to do.

I believe it's actually the National Sleep Foundation (not Institute) and they were founded in 1990 in VA. The pillow guy is from MN and started the company a little over 10 years ago. :shrug:

Their relationship is a bit odd though, and paying that much for pillows with mediocre reviews (3.5 out 5 on both Walmart and Amazon) is not something I'm about to do.
Do not pay full price. They often offer buy one get one etc. 

I know. And codes to get one free, etc. Still not cheap. Still overpriced. Still mediocre reviews. I can get 2 Serta pillows with better reviews for less or same price as 1 mypillow.
I own quite a few of them and really like them. There is some trial and error since they differ in firmness. They last forever, they dont get matted down and wash very easily. Not sure what the issues could be. 

Before I put the link up, let's remember these are "Products you believe in" and for years I have been pimping the Tommy Bahama brand or line of clothes. I do not enjoy paying full retail for their stuff so any time I can find something 25% and I really like it I typically jump on it. Some things however you cannot find on sale and they make a particular brand of shorts I swear by. They have a little tie in the front inside the shorts and they have a deceptive elastic waist so you can cinch them up with no belt and also they give you a very flexible 10-20 lb range for the shorts...I've had some of these last me 5+ years and that's with heavy use in Florida where shorts are year round. 

I have paid $75 easy for these "Survivor" cargos. Norstrom's of all the high priced places is having an anniversary sale and the 3 basic colors are all half priced, you'd be a fool not to try a pair, they run a little big and I think they are neutral on the fashion scale, practical and quality is how I would rate them. They get a lot of good reviews as you can read 78 of them just on the Nordstrom's site. Sale won't last long and it's really the only reason I am linking it here. If you've never worn a pair, order a pair and try them, you all rave about underwear, well try on a pair of these shorts and see what you think. 

Link

Users who are viewing this thread