What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interboard Challenge League 2015 (3 Viewers)

Such a frustrating start for me. I knew I'd go two weeks without Bell, but didn't expect Floyd to be so slow returning, didn't expect Lafell to go on PUP, Jackson to blow his hammy, AND now Decker gimping as well. And who was it that talked me into Jeremy Hill?

Just to throw a little more whine in there, I spent the entire evening and well into the wee hours in the ER and wasn't able to submit any waiver requests for myself :(
Hope all is well Rene..........

Again, an example of why we should buddy up!!! :rant:

Rene I have sent you my cell no. for texting. Store it and use it (if you think of it) in such situation.

Other owners............. please swap contact info.
Missed waivers but not sure it matters a lot. Still like Floyd better than most of those options. Have Robert Woods in right now in my third spot but might swap to Harvin. Is Ginn or Heyward Bey really an improvement there?

Such a frustrating start for me. I knew I'd go two weeks without Bell, but didn't expect Floyd to be so slow returning, didn't expect Lafell to go on PUP, Jackson to blow his hammy, AND now Decker gimping as well. And who was it that talked me into Jeremy Hill?

Just to throw a little more whine in there, I spent the entire evening and well into the wee hours in the ER and wasn't able to submit any waiver requests for myself :(

Rene I have sent you my cell no. for texting. Store it and use it (if you think of it) in such situation.

???

I got prayers.

???

I got prayers.
We can all do this (buddy up). Would keep us all strong, bounce ideas, ensure waiver pickups are done, etc.

All is fine....SO was in a ton of abdominal pain, but seems likely was adhesions from prior surgeries. Doing much better now.

*sigh* Better this week: 124 or so but could have been a lot higher. I went with Hill one more time, instead of following my gut and starting Devonte Freeman. ONly 40 points lost there.

Who talked me into Hill again? :(

I sooooo wish I had checked my lineup again before the 1:00 games. Had Ivory in... :( Still had a good week overall, though...

I crapped the bed...and I still picked up an started Tyrod Taylor, and barely cracked 100 points. I may be able to squeeze two wins out of it, but likely will be going 1-6.

Top 5 points; unfortunately one of my opponents outscored my by less than a half pt. Should be 6-1 unless Charles gets 44 pts tonight.

2nd bad week in a row for me. Hill sinking this team. Marvin Jones and Jo Randle on the bench didn't help either

We had another down week for wins, but I noticed something in the numbers. Really, only Sharks is out-scoring us badly to this point. We have 3 guys averaging over 140 while only one other squad has even 2 and several have none. At the bottom end, our lowest average is 109 and the only guy on our team under 110, while every other squad but FFT has at least 2 guys under 110.

We had a start kind of like this last year, and the numbers balanced out. We were the highest scoring squad and that DID win out eventually. THat isn't the case this year as FFT and Sharks are certainly out-scoring us, but we aren't nearly as bad as the last couple of weeks imply either.

Last edited by a moderator:
After two 2-5 weeks in a row, I had a 5-2 one. However, my stupid move in leaving Ivory in cost me one win, I believe. :wall:

If anyone sees this before game time on Sundays, feel free to log me in and change it. Password I believe is still the same.

Free agent thoughts...

QB - Several guys out there in the 18 ppg range like Fitz, Bortles, and Winston. You've got two studs in Brady and Rodgers at 26 ppg. Remember this next year when drafting, QBs aren't worth investing in.

RB - Karlos Williams is still out there. Been beating this drum for two weeks and there's still a copy left. Riddick and Powell appear to be good for 10 ppg if you're desperate, which I doubt anyone is. Rawls may be a sneaky play this week.

WR - Both Britt and Ginn seem like really solid options as WR1 on their teams. For those of us who chased Dobson last week, Martin can be our new tail.

TE - ASJ was cut last week so there's one copy (hold play). Fleener is an option this week if Allen is out again. Owens Daniels showed signs of life last week.

D - Balt playing the human turnover machine this week. Vikings might deserve a look.

Didn't get Karlos Williams so I sat tight.

Some dropped players of note:

Roddy White........will he get it together, or is he toast?

James Starks............I am pondering dropping Christine Michael for him.

Richard Rodgers...........with Quarless out, he is now the primary TE.

Kyle Rudolph...........another option for those who are TE needed.

Bridgewater........better options?

Ref/Bass pulled the trigger over the weekend....

Gave up:

Frank Gore

Terrance Williams

Jimmy Graham

Received:

Lamar Miller

Calvin Johnson

Owen Daniels

pretty glad to add Calvin as our WR2 to go with Brown and hopefully can back fill Graham's points by committee and from other positions......snagged Fleener off the WW and started him and Daniels this week and that worked out so far....roster quite a bit different than what we had at completion of draft.....not surprising since controlled chaos has pretty much been the method of our madness throughout.....

Brady

Rivers

CJ Anderson

Lamar Miller

Dion Lewis

Karlos Williams

Ronnie Hillman

Knile Davis

Thomas Rawls

Antonio Brown

Calvin Johnson

Desean Jackson

Andre Johnson

Davante Adams

Coby Fleener

Owen Daniels

Dan Bailey

Seattle DST

btsw netted 5 wins at 127 narrowly missing two others

Clash took 5 with 106

Valence took 3 with a 104

Old Mil took 2 with 106

Sinrman with 2 wins at 93

Rene with a sweep at 146

Gringo with 0

Bro with 6, SL 3, Ref 6, Ruds 7, Duck 6

52 wins if my math is right for a change.

Math was bad….51 wins and we still drop a place in the standings.

Clash took 5 with 106

Old Mil took 2 with 106

Rene with a sweep at 146

Gringo with 0

But with 50+ wins we should make up ground overall. Good week.

Clash took 5 with 106

Old Mil took 2 with 106

Rene with a sweep at 146

Gringo with 0

But with 50+ wins we should make up ground overall. Good week.
YES/NO - We gained a lot of ground on the first place team and further separated ourselves from the bottom feeders. We really need to get one or two more guys into the championship tier and a couple of more from the rookie to veteran tier if we are going to have a shot at a repeat.

Thanks. Part of that is that my mid tier WRs (Marshall, Fitz) have hit, along with Moncrief coming on. Might look at moving Hill+Moncrief if I can get a top level RB as I'm not sure how stable Hill is at this point, especially if I can get it from someone in a lesser group.

Thanks. Part of that is that my mid tier WRs (Marshall, Fitz) have hit, along with Moncrief coming on. Might look at moving Hill+Moncrief if I can get a top level RB as I'm not sure how stable Hill is at this point, especially if I can get it from someone in a lesser group.
Moncrief alone should net you a startable RB. Guys are trying to move RBs left and right.

Once the bye weeks come hard and heavy you'll see the FA pool get better as people need backup TE/D/K.

You have a really nice team.

WDIS WR3?

Harvin, Crabtree, Marvin Jones, Micheal Floyd.

Will answer yours.

WDIS WR3?

Harvin, Crabtree, Marvin Jones, Micheal Floyd.

Will answer yours.
OW...I typically don't answer a WDIS without a courtesy TIA (just kidding), however, I think I would go Harvin in this case...you may get both receiving and rushing out of this week with the RBs not playing.

WDIS:

Hyde vs Giants (1st against rush, 31st against pass) or Torrey Smith vs Giants? Stevie Johnson also an option.

Note: I am starting both Witten and Clay, so easily could pull one of them out if you thought it would be beneficial..basically, a choice of mediocrity.

hyde...he will still get touches.....

while we are at it....we are going to deal rivers soon (like today)

we could use a TE after trading graham......I like me some Delanie walker moving forward and his bye week is over.....we have been offered Witten for Rivers......I realize Witten is like TE3 right now, but I like Delanie long term.....dude has BOTh Witten and Walker......

tell me I am crazy for thinking I would rather have walker

we have also been offered Kendall Wright for Rivers but WR not a huge deal for us with A. Brown/Megatron on board....

tia

Users who are viewing this thread