What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interboard Challenge League 2015 (2 Viewers)

qb - eli
rb - alfred morris/vereen/jennings
wr - D. Thomas/Cooks/Edelman/Marshall/Decker
te - mar bennett
k -
dt -

fear the giant backfield :ph34r:
I like the makeup of your team...may sound silly, but Andre Williams may be someone to keep an eye out for. Personally, I do not trust that Jennings will be worth his ADP this year, and is a candidate to get leap frogged by a younger guy (in Williams).

QB:

8.04 D Tom Brady

10.09 H Phillip Rivers

RB:

2.07 D CJ Anderson

4.10 A Frank Gore

10.07 D Alfred Blue

14.01 B Knile Davis

12.09 C Montee Ball

WR:

1.01 H Antonio Brown

5.03 A Desean Jackson

7.01 H Eddie Royal

9.10 F Davante Adams

10.03 F Terrance Williams

13.07 A Dorial Green Beckham

16.01 B Allen Hurns

TE:

3.11 C Jimmy Graham

PK:

17.12 B Chandler Catanzaro

D:

14.02 C Marvin Jones trade for Seattle D

15.4 H BPA
One last trade moving Marvin Jones to Old Mil for Seattle D. Ended up trading every pick except for 15, 16, and 17.

I really like the draft Ref pulled together amidst all the chaos of having picks in 6 different drafts.

qb - eli
rb - alfred morris/vereen/jennings
wr - D. Thomas/Cooks/Edelman/Marshall/Decker
te - mar bennett
k -
dt -

I like the makeup of your team...may sound silly, but Andre Williams may be someone to keep an eye out for. Personally, I do not trust that Jennings will be worth his ADP this year, and is a candidate to get leap frogged by a younger guy (in Williams).
i will be reaching for Andre yes.

One last trade moving Marvin Jones to Old Mil for Seattle D. Ended up trading every pick except for 15, 16, and 17.

I really like the draft Ref pulled together amidst all the chaos of having picks in 6 different drafts.
as I look at the FBG rosters I think we are doing a pretty good job overall....this is a tough league, but we have a good group that should be ready to defend...

team above should put up some decent points....you put us in great position throughout...I am terrible at all the wheelin and dealin stuff it was nice to have you handle that, thanks.....I'm starting to warm to the value of Blue in the 10th....I know everybody will be anxiously awaiting Foster's return, but I will believe it when I see it.....I am not a huge Djax fan so I liked being able to snag the Royal/Adams/Williams trifecta....and at the time before dealiing him I thought Marvin Jones was good value....DGB may end up being a steal, I hope some other FBG's took a shot on him.....he is the type of guy I am referring to when I say take a flyer on someone instead of a backup qb/pk/dst......with Brady's situation still pending we had to take another QB, otherwise rolling with one is okay in these as there are always guys on the ww.....will have to monitor the Monte Ball situation as that pick has me scratching my head a little right now even though at the time (CJ limping off in preseason game 1) it seemed like a good play.....Hillman blowing by him right now....but then again CJ was third on the depth chart this time last year IIRC.....

Last edited by a moderator:
My Draft

Qb- Rivers, Palmer

Rbs- McCoy, Morris, Blount, Bush, Deangelo Williams

Wrs- Calvin Johnson, Jeffery, Marshall, Roddy White, John Brown, Baldwin, Bowe

TEs- Witten, Davis

K- Bailey

D- Jets

I feel I had a pretty strong draft from the 9 spot....kinda worried about the white and McCoy injuries but I think this team is strong....please feel free to voice any opinions !TY

I snagged a second kicker in E (Dan Bailey).
im a big Bailey fan so I wouldnt mind snagging him from you if he is your PK2......wanted to snag him in B with our 17.12 pick but he went at.......17.11

so lets chat before you drop him or something....maybe we can swap straiight up if you have zero attachment to him....an intra would probably be allowed...

Ended up this way

QB - Rivers and Mariota

RB - LeVeon, Spiller, Rashad Jennings, Tevin Coleman, DeAngelo, Duke Johnson

WR - Andre Johnson, Boldin, Decker, DeVante Parker, Kendall Wright, Cecil Shorts

TE - Jimmy Graham

PK - Vinatieri

DEF - Broncos

18.07 (18.06OTC) predrafted Marquess Wilson then Jaelen Strong

im a big Bailey fan so I wouldnt mind snagging him from you if he is your PK2......wanted to snag him in B with our 17.12 pick but he went at.......17.11

so lets chat before you drop him or something....maybe we can swap straiight up if you have zero attachment to him....an intra would probably be allowed...
I have a great kicker, so I really have no attachment to Bailey. Figure out what will pass muster in an Intra trade...

Sinrman said:
Stinkin Ref said:
Sinrman said:

I have a great kicker, so I really have no attachment to Bailey. Figure out what will pass muster in an Intra trade...
Thanks Sinrman. Posted at Livewire for your approval.

Stinkin Ref / Bass gives 17.12 B Chandler Catanzaro to Sinrman for 17.11 E Dan Bailey

8.11H Ryan Tannehill QB MIA

2.11H DeMarco Murray RB PHI 8

2.11G Jeremy Hill RB PHI 7

6.11H Joseph Randle RB DAL 6

10.11H Danny Woodhead RB SD 10

13.02H Rashad Jennings RB NYG 11

1.02H Julio Jones WR ATL 11

5.02H Mike Wallace WR MIN 5

7.02H Marques Colston WR NO 11

9.02H DeVante Parker WR MIA 5

11.02H Marvin Jones WR CIN 7

12.11H Tyler Locket WR SEA 9

14.11H Allen Hurns WR JAX 8

4.11H Travis Kelce TE KC 9

by_the_sea_wannabe said:
qb - eli
rb - alfred morris/vereen/jennings/crowell
wr - D. Thomas/Cooks/Edelman/Marshall/Decker/Marvin Jones
te - mar bennett
k -
dt -

or someone else will really pick him earlier than hes gone. oh well made a trade for crowell

by_the_sea_wannabe said:
qb - eli
rb - alfred morris/vereen/jennings/crowell
wr - D. Thomas/Cooks/Edelman/Marshall/Decker/Marvin Jones
te - mar bennett
k -
dt -

or someone else will really pick him earlier than hes gone. oh well made a trade for crowell
Nobody is ever gone in this formate. You should trade for Valence's 12.11 and draft him. You both have the picks to do it.

Sinrman said:
Stinkin Ref said:
Sinrman said:

Stinkin Ref / Bass gives 17.12 B Chandler Catanzaro to Sinrman for 17.11 E Dan Bailey
:lol:

That's who I had pre-drafted behind Bailey...

Sinrman said:
Stinkin Ref said:
Sinrman said:

:lol:

That's who I had pre-drafted behind Bailey...
Thanks. Just fired off the MFL proposals for you to approve.

like it if you get some QB play....solid RB's....maybe Randle starts off hot and you can deal him as a package for an upgrade at WR2....and nice having a stud TE...so good core at 3rb/julio/kelce....not sure what kind of ammo you left and whats on the board but a if any lottery tickets at WR, adding one might be nice...DGB/B. Coleman or something....

Old Milwaukee

FINAL

QB: Matt Ryan Was targeting him but he didn't drop much in the later drafts, had to do some work to get him.

RB: Justin Forsett, CJ Spiller, TJ Yeldon, Chris Polk Need Spiller(never predraft) and Yeldon to get healthy quick! To my eyes, Polk in better than Blue.

WR: Calvin Johnson, Emmanuel Sanders, Martavis Bryant, Micheal Floyd, Kenny Stills ,Micheal Cratbree , Percy Harvin, Marvin Jones Got depth! Wish I had that Bryant pick back.

TE: Travic Kelce, Charles Clay, Richard Rodgers I think Clay and/or Rodgers stock will rise quickly, providing a descent return on investment.

Def: Rams top 5

K: Steve Hauschka top 5

Thoughts?

QB - Rivers and Mariota - Rivers should be steady contributor. I like Mariota to get in a few shootouts where he can use his weapons

RB - LeVeon, Spiller, Rashad Jennings, Tevin Coleman, DeAngelo, Duke Johnson - Once we get back from injury or suspension starters should be more than solid, young guys are a shot in the dark to see what happens between now and Week 1

WR - Andre Johnson, Boldin, Decker, DeVante Parker, Kendall Wright, Cecil Shorts, MarQuess Wilson - mix of aging and younger guys. I worry that it is a lot of WR2/3/4 and no one steps up to become a WR1 for me

TE - Jimmy Graham - happy rolling with 1 at this point, as stated earlier, I think he and Wilson develop a bond scoring from 18yards out.

PK - Vinatieri - Solid and on a team that should put up points

DEF - Broncos - Pressure = turnovers?? I hope so

Overall I could like my QB and WR more, but I think if I work the wire well I have a really solid base with a lot of low floor guys, just need to find those high ceiling guys that hit the mark.

Added Tyler Lockett at 12.11. I like his upside quite a bit this year as a WR5/6 type. Not a big Jennings fan but I definitely like getting at starter at 13.02. He was an RB1 through the first 5 weeks before getting hurt last year. If anyone needs a cheap starting RB let me know.

I also plan on adding Allen Hurns at the end of the draft as the news that he has cemented himself as a starter over Lee and everyone else seems to be under the radar right now. Plenty of reports of him having the best camp of all the Jags receivers out there too. Maybe that's just because I'm an ARob hater though

I'm likely done at RB and will look to add a few more upside receivers in the next few rounds before getting my K and D

QB: P Manning

RB: M Lynch, A Abdullah, J Bell, C Ivory

WR: K Benjamin, G Tate, K Allen, M Wheaton, E Decker, R Woods, R Wayne, A Hurns

TE: G Olsen, C Fleener

K: S Gostkowski, C Catanzaro

DST: EAGLES

Really digging this team. The injury to Benjamin obviously hurts, but I think I did a decent job mitigating the damage. Always planned on getting a top 5-7 QB and sticking with just one. Same with DST. It freed up spots for other positions, and once

[SIZE=11.6999998092651px]Benjamin went down I knew I would be looking more towards WR. From everything I'm reading/hearing, Peyton won't be passing quite as much as years past, but for a round 6 pick, I'll take 35-38 TDs! If Abdullah or Bell can hit it big, I'm very happy with the RBs. Ivory might be a later round steal. With the news of Bryant being out, my Wheaton picks looks even more :moneybag: . I had been hearing he was looking good to possibly be the #2 anyway, and now this... Tate should still be worth 80-90 receptions. Allen...? I'm not as high on him, but he has the ability to be a big time player. Decker should benefit with Marshall being there, but who's throwing the ball again? Still, as a #4 or #5 receiver isn't shabby. Woods, Wayne, and Hurns should be decent fill ins from time to time. Finally, I have a top TE who will start each week. Also, I have arguably the top PK.[/SIZE]

valence said:
Why can't you sort by ADP in these things anyway? So annoying.
Hated that at first too but really kind of glad this league has it....be too easy otherwise....now actually wish all leagues did this....makes you think for yourself somewhat....you can do last year stats but then you miss the Cruz,s and Marvin jones of the world....makes you do a little old fashioned homework

qb - eli

rb - alfred morris / matt jones / vereen / jennings /helu / freeman
wr - D. Thomas / Cooks / Edelman / Marshall / Decker / marvin jones
te - mar bennett
k - seattle kicker
dt - panthers

18th left

Final Ref/Bass:

QB:

8.04 D Tom Brady

10.09 H Phillip Rivers

Brady should bring the thunder when he plays. Rivers solid #2 and starter if need be. Not a big fan of carrying two, wouldn't mind moving Rivers if he got off to a hot start, but just not sure the market will be there even if he does start hot.

RB:

2.07 D CJ Anderson

4.10 A Frank Gore

10.07 D Alfred Blue

14.01 B Knile Davis

12.09 C Montee Ball

15.04 H Ronnie Hillman

Invested half our allotment here into the DEN running game. In hindsight, Ball obviously looking like our biggest hiccup of the draft. Hillman appears to be gaining a ton of steam even looking like a potential 1B type of situation to CJ, which actually isn't a real good thing when it comes to weekly lineups. If we have to start 2 here I think we should be ok. Gore could be real solid, Davis could be a lottery ticket but is even ok as a spot start sometimes. I like the Blue pick more than most as Foster's health is just one area I have committed to staying away from, other than trying to take advantage of it. There is some talk of Ball getting traded/released and with the state of the union at RB around the league, as crazy as it sounds, he could end up being worth something if he ends up in a decent situation. Will have to dig a little deeper to see if him getting passed is about Hillman just being a stud or Ball just not being very good.

WR:

1.01 H Antonio Brown

5.03 A Desean Jackson

7.01 H Eddie Royal

9.10 F Davante Adams

10.03 F Terrance Williams

13.07 A Dorial Green Beckham

16.01 B Allen Hurns

Going into the draft, 1.01 was noted as being the last place I would want to be....and of course that's where we ended up. If Brown ends up top 5 I will be happy, but he really needs to do what he is supposed to do for us. I think I need to come around on Djax more than I am right now as the fantasy community is higher on him than I am. I think we did pretty good later adding Royal, Adams, and Williams as I would be fine starting any of them over Djax here or there. Our initial selection of Marvin Jones in the 14th who we traded for SEA also seemed like a solid pick at the time. Djax can post a score for you on very little touches, I realize that, I just sense a bad fantasy vibe coming from WAS. I like Matt Jones though. Adams could be a steal. Hurns is underrated and now with Julius out for awhile, could be some value there. DGB is the swing for the fences pick, but I love me some DGB.

TE:

3.11 C Jimmy Graham

We didn't even really sniff backing him up, pretty much all in here. But it will be nice not worrying about TE until week 10 (knock on wood).

PK:

17.12 B Chandler Catanzaro Dan Bailey

One of the best PK in the league and could be an uptick in chances if DAL not able to finish the deal in the red zone.

D:

14.02 C Marvin Jones trade for Seattle D

Thanks to Old Mil for making this swap, I hope he feels it was good for him as well. I feel between TE/PK/DST we may be able to gain a little advantage on the competition each week and at least for now it feels like these 3 positions are something we won't have to put any time or energy into each week (plug and play). Can focus on other areas during the season if need be.

Hopefully know by the end of the week how the Brady thing shakes out. Big shout out to Bass here as I know everybody loves their team before the season starts, but I am pretty happy here and he put us in some good spots. I think we had some good timing and luck too, timing when it came to the news about White pretty much being done, and being able to grab Royal. Luck when it came to already having Adams on board at a decent price before Jordy went down. Haven't crunched the numbers, but I think we also intra traded for Gore early before he had gone off the board in any other draft yet, and it seems like that triggered him going higher in the other drafts as I am not sure people really had a market value set on him yet. I think we got him at a little discount and sometimes hitting a few of those little value pockets can add up. Seemed like DGB also starting moving up draft boards after we were able to snag him. Royal, Adams, Hurns, Marvin Jones, kind of the same thing.

Good luck guys, let's defend this mutha.....going back to back should leave no doubt.... :banned: ..... :suds:

1 QB. Thought about grabbing a 2nd at 18.11 but there were still a bunch of guys out there to cover bye weeks so didn't feel the need

13.02H Rashad Jennings RB NYG 11

Very fond of this group, especially the top two. I'm not a Randle fan per say but at 6.11 I felt like that was pretty extreme value even if it's a full blown RBBC in Dallas. Woodhead should catch 50+ passes as a floor and get some occasional flex work for this squad. I've cooled a bit on Jennings since drafting him but still think getting a "starter" at 13.02 is rock solid and could be nice trade bait if he has a couple big weeks in a row.

12.11H Tyler Lockett WR SEA 9

14.11H Allen Hurns WR JAX 8

Not as strong as I would have liked after Julio but it's not terrible. Wallace is likely a boom/bust WR2 for me but I paired him with the stability of Colston to compensate. Loved getting Parker that late and while he may not play week 1 I think he will definitely be start-worthy at some point this season. Jones will be competing with Eifert for the #2 targets in the offense after AJG and it's probable that Dalton can't support more than two targets in fantasy but this guy was great in 2013 in the redzone and dare I say a better deep ball target than AJG. Lockett is a total upside dart but the Seahawks invested a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th to move up and get the guy so I'm betting they have plans for him. We've already sen what he can do in the open field with two return TDs in the preseason. I really feel like people are sleeping on Hurns because they don't realize he is the starter in 12 personnel. I would not be shocked to see him as the most productive receiver in Jacksonville for 2015 - whatever that's worth.

15.02H Ladarius Green TE SD 10

18.11H Josh Hill TE NO 11

Grabbed Kelce a little early because I just love the guy. It hurt my WR group a bit but I saw a bunch of guys that are all the same at 4.11 and Kelce was sitting there as the biggest difference maker on the board. I considered just taking one TE but am now glad I took a couple swing for the fences types with Kelce's ankle issue.

17.02H Adam Vinatieri K IND 10

16.11H Jets DST 5

Looking forward to our title defense.

It would be good for everyone to partner up with another team (as in they have your password) so that they can make late lineup changes for late scratches or fix guys left on on bye for Thursday night games.

Hope we didn't jump the gun, but just made the first trade on the board.

Upgraded TE2, traded a VERY high risk guy for a football player!

Thoughts?
I despise Ivory, Bial Powell, Chris Johnson and every other Jets RB in the last several years.

That said, overall it was a good move. Protects you if Kelce becomes an issue. Bryant is out for 1/3 of our 12 week season and your very deep at WR. Ivory doesn't look to start for you until Spiller gets hurt.

Thoughts?
I despise Ivory, Bial Powell, Chris Johnson and every other Jets RB in the last several years.

That said, overall it was a good move. Protects you if Kelce becomes an issue. Bryant is out for 1/3 of our 12 week season and your very deep at WR. Ivory doesn't look to start for you until Spiller gets hurt.
spiller already hurt....

ivory going to see a ton of work....great roster addition

IMO Clay owners will be disappointed and you'll see versions of him on WW soon....

Clay is one of the most underrated fantasy options in the league this year. Not certain that Allen is an upgrade over him.

Clay has flown way under the radar this preseason, but he's a stud and fully healthy. Bills passing game is going to be ok.

Stinkin Ref said:
BassNBrew said:
OldMilwaukee said:

Thoughts?

spiller already hurt....

IMO Clay owners will be disappointed and you'll see versions of him on WW soon....
I recalling hearing that for three years now. Also this is a ppr league. He actually caught two balls in 15 games one year.

Stinkin Ref said:
BassNBrew said:
OldMilwaukee said:

Thoughts?

spiller already hurt....

I recalling hearing that for three years now. Also this is a ppr league. He actually caught two balls in 15 games one year.
kinda like this is the year somebody figures out how to use Percy.....

Manning, Peyton DEN QB
Ivory, Chris NYJ RB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB
Allen, Keenan SDC WR
Tate, Golden DET WR
Wheaton, Markus PIT WR
Olsen, Greg CAR TE
Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK
Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def

So that's who I have starting week 1, so far... thoughts? (full team in my sig)

Just checked lineups. All submitted except Clash, who might want to start DeAngelo Thursday.

Anyone partnered with him???? Rudds?????

Manning, Peyton DEN QB

Ivory, Chris NYJ RB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Allen, Keenan SDC WR

Tate, Golden DET WR

Wheaton, Markus PIT WR

Olsen, Greg CAR TE

Are you on the fence between Wheaton and Decker? Or is that too many Jets for you? Marshall likely draws Joe Hayden, so...

Manning, Peyton DEN QB

Ivory, Chris NYJ RB

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Allen, Keenan SDC WR

Tate, Golden DET WR

Wheaton, Markus PIT WR

Olsen, Greg CAR TE

Are you on the fence between Wheaton and Decker? Or is that too many Jets for you? Marshall likely draws Joe Hayden, so...
I'm going out on a limb about Wheaton. I've been bullish on him all summer long, even prior to Bryant being suspended. Antonio Brown will draw double teams, and with no Le'Veon there....................

Users who are viewing this thread