What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Leonard Fournette, FA (5 Viewers)

Eh maybe. Doubt a division game would ever qualify as a let down game. 
I didn’t articulate it that well, being a division game means the teams know each other well and can often be closer than anticipated. Add to that they probably had the Pats game circled since the schedule came out and I think the points is the way to go.

I didn’t articulate it that well, being a division game means the teams know each other well and can often be closer than anticipated. Add to that they probably had the Pats game circled since the schedule came out and I think the points is the way to go.
Also consider Tennessee has an entirely new coaching staff, who may not be as familiar with tendencies.  Mularkey obviously knew the Jags organization well.  D coordinator Dean Pees faced off against Jacksonville multiple times with Ravens, including last year's 44-7 shellacking in London

I do think the Jags playcalling has been better without Fournette in the lineup. They get too conservative at times with Fournette in the lineup. 

I suspect the team is gaining more confidence in Bortles now though and might keep it opened up a bit even with Fournette in the lineup. Which ultimately would probably help Fournette too.

I do think the Jags playcalling has been better without Fournette in the lineup. They get too conservative at times with Fournette in the lineup. 

I suspect the team is gaining more confidence in Bortles now though and might keep it opened up a bit even with Fournette in the lineup. Which ultimately would probably help Fournette too.
Fournette’s availability is not the trigger for conservative vs. aggressive play calling, the Jags opponent is.  Look back at last years playoff game in Pittsburgh. Fournette played and scored 3 TDs but Jacksonville was also aggressive in the passing game

Totally different reports here:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Jaguars haven’t ruled out RB Leonard Fournette (hamstring) yet, but he has an uphill battle to play, source said. Meanwhile, RB T.J. Yeldon (ankle) and CB Jalen Ramsey (ankle) should both be fine, I’m told. Fournette will have to prove a lot pregame to get on the field.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Jaguars’ RB Leonard Fournette, who missed last week due to a hamstring injury and is listed as questionable for Sunday, is likely to play vs. Titans, per source.

Man what's bummer. I was reLly excited to get this guy in one of my standard leagues. I think I may play Latavious Murray over him. I hate benching my top ten pick but this is concerning. 

Man what's bummer. I was reLly excited to get this guy in one of my standard leagues. I think I may play Latavious Murray over him. I hate benching my top ten pick but this is concerning. 
Exactly. Feel same way. Murray a no brained over Fournette. I’m deciding between Lamar Miller and Sony.   I hate that I drafted Fournette.  

According to an alert from a fantasy app, Schefter has shifted course and now says Fournette won't play and that they are going to play it safe with him.

Concerned that there was a re-aggravation vs hes “not quite ready.”  Not quite ready so they are giving him 1 more week to get fully healthy I’m OK with.  A re-aggravation could be much longer term.

From Rotoworld and Schefter: 

Leonard Fournette (questionable, hamstring) isn't expected to play in Week 3 against Tennessee.

This comes after an earlier report Fournette was likely to play. The Jaguars are playing it safe with Fournette despite getting in a limited week of practice. T.J. Yeldon (questionable, ankle) will start and continue to carry the load in a plus matchup with the Titans' run defense. It's an unexpected turn for Fournette, but he's on track to return in Week 4.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Se

As talented as Fournette is, there always seems to be something with this guy.    He's had a long history of foot and ankle injuries going back to his collegiate years.   

I chose Kamara at 1.05 over him particularly for just those reasons, aside from the fact that Kamara's more explosive.  

As talented as Fournette is, there always seems to be something with this guy.    He's had a long history of foot and ankle injuries going back to his collegiate years.   

I chose Kamara at 1.05 over him particularly for just those reasons, aside from the fact that Kamara's more explosive.  
Yep.  He’s such a physical beast that most folks overlook how nagging injuries always seem to be a thing with Fournette.  

Agreed, Tommy.  

Fournette is a true 'bellcow' RB, but the hits take their toll on him.   
Hamstring pulls aren't really from hits are they? It seems a lot of players have strains at the beginning of a season. His ankle injury last year cost him two games. He was made inactive for another due to breaking team rules. Maybe today the Jags feel Yeldon and Grant can get the job done, and they want Leonard to be 100% before returning.

Had an offer of Fournette for my Connor in a keeper league.   Came oh so close to taking it.  
:doh:

Take it!!

This guy is the worst. We should be grateful he gave us a few catches and 40 something yards in a half of football on the season though :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno about Hunt but it was pretty consensus that Gordon and Kamara were way better PPR picks.
Would've taken Kamara or Gordon in a heartbeat if they fell to me. Ended up taking Hunt ahead of Fournette and Cook because of the injury risk.

Just looked at my draft bc I didn’t remember who I took him over, needed a refresher.

I wanted everyone who went ahead of him. Kamara went 6 & then Barkley 7, I wanted them both and took him at 8.

I took him over Gordon, which I regret now. Luckily, I took C McCaff on the trip back. 

Terrible pick though!

Just looked at my draft bc I didn’t remember who I took him over, needed a refresher.

I wanted everyone who went ahead of him. Kamara went 6 & then Barkley 7, I wanted them both and took him at 8.

I took him over Gordon, which I regret now. Luckily, I took C McCaff on the trip back. 

Terrible pick though!
With the loss today it is very likely he plays next week.  He still can be a very dominate rb down the stretch.  I am fortunate to be 2-1 in both leagues that I own him though.

I'm starting to wonder if he's made of glass. Dude needs to get on the field and stay there. 

Fournette’s availability is not the trigger for conservative vs. aggressive play calling, the Jags opponent is.  Look back at last years playoff game in Pittsburgh. Fournette played and scored 3 TDs but Jacksonville was also aggressive in the passing game
I agree actually it was mostly about coincidence. Today proved that. The Jags are no doubt better with him. 

It seems to me a couple of teams played it safe with injuries this week. The Jags with Fournette and the Vikes with Cook. Both got handed embarrasing losses. Resting today players to be safe sends the wrong message to the entire team IMO.

I really don't think Fournette re-aggravated anything. Maybe he was hurt worse originally than the Jags said but I think it is more likely the team just played it too safe. According to all reports from beat writers Fournette has no limp and looks fine in practice.

Leonard Fournette (hamstring) remains day to day.

At least that's what coach Doug Marrone claimed on Monday. Marrone now has a two-year track record of not being truthful about Fournette's health. We would like to believe our first clue as to Fournette's Week 4 status would come when the Jags return to practice on Wednesday, but even that has not been instructive in Fournette's case.

Users who are viewing this thread