What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest is LIVE (2 Viewers)

Currently going with..

3 QB's

4 RB's

8 WR's

3 TE's

3 K's

2 DEF's

I've kept the same roster for over a week which is pretty surprising.

Ok here we go. Might make just a few tweaks to this.

QB - Andrew Luck - IND/10 - $26
QB - Philip Rivers - SD/10 - $13
RB - LeVeon Bell - PIT/11 - $32
RB - C.J. Spiller - NO/11 - $21
RB - Mark Ingram - NO/11 - $20
RB - Duke Johnson - CLE/11 - $12
RB - Khiry Robinson - NO/11 - $5
WR - Antonio Brown - PIT/11 - $33
WR - Odell Beckham Jr - NYG/11 - $31
WR - Markus Wheaton - PIT/11 - $5
WR - Taylor Gabriel - CLE/11 - $5
WR - Nick Toon - NO/11 - $3
WR - Sammie Coates - PIT/11 - $2
TE - Jimmy Graham - SEA/9 - $23
TE - Maxx Williams - BAL/9 - $3
PK - Josh Scobee - JAX/8 - $2
PK - Kai Forbath - WAS/8 - $2
TD - Jacksonville Jaguars - JAX/8 - $4
TD - Washington Redskins - WAS/8 - $3

seems perfect.

Ahhh... I see what you did there. Almost didn't catch it at first haha

is it okay with you if I copy this?

Exact duplicate of my week 1 rooster with the exception of Bell. You do know he's suspended for the first couple of weeks? I'll see how they do after week 1 and may make a few tweaks but will probably go with this lineup for the first 4-5 weeks.

Deamon said:
Scoresman said:

Ahhh... I see what you did there. Almost didn't catch it at first haha
Nothing gets by you.

(HULK) said:
Scoresman said:

is it okay with you if I copy this?
Yeah but if you win you have to agree to give me half.

Here are the low priced guys (<$5) I like in this contest:

QB: Nothing to get excited about, but a good way to secure a floor. Perfect 3rd QB. Also provides help to get you through weeks 1 through 5 if you select Brady and the suspension is upheald.

Fitzpatrick $3- My favorite of the three and the cheapest. My money is on him keeping the starting job for the season.

Winner between Hoyer $5 and Mallett $4

Taylor $5 (if he wins the Buf job)

RB: Again...not a ton of value here unless someone gets hurt.

K. Robinson $5- Knows the NO system and has upside. #2 on the depth charts.

J. White $5- Could fill the "Vereen" roll. I personally don't trust any NE rb to consistently put of solid numbers with Belichick

C. Artis-Payne $4- A J. Stewart injury away from being a starter

B. Oliver $3- Proved he can produce some huge numbers last year when given the opportunity due to injury.

A. Smith $3- Made some huge plays last year in the passing game. Could pop for some counting scores with ATL backs hurting.

WR: This is where I feel the value is located in the low priced players. Several of these guys will be on my team.

D. Funchess $5- I liked him before the Benjamin injury. I like him even more and is a no brainer to me.

P. Dorsett $5- Will provide a few huge games this season...if an injury happens, he could be a stud.

E. Royal $4- Another no brainer here for this price. Starter with history with Cutler and both White and Jeffery are hurting.

C. Beasley $4- #3 WR on Cowboys who's role seems to be increasing. I like him in PPR.

D. Moncrief $4- Another solid option for IND, but I like the upside of Dorsett more. Wouldn't surprise me if Moncrief is more consistent.

J. Hardy $3- Cheap flyer who could produce if the cards fall correctly.

C. Brown $2- I really like him if Benjamin is out for an extended time. Vertical home run threat.

S. Coates $2- I like his dynasty potential more than this year, but is worth the $2 flyer in this system.

TE: Some added depth, but not expecting big things.

R. Rodgers $5- Starter on a high octane offense. Will get some red zone love and make a few catches a game.

J. Tamme $4- Could surprise with a bigger role this year in ATL. I like the passing game and schedule.

M. Williams $3- If he starts for BAL, he could put up descent numbers.

V. Green $3- This is a vote for Manning more than anything. It is a cheap lottery ticket. This is my favorite cheap TE.

B. Watson $3- Right now listed as the starter for NO. Another vote for a QB who likes to use the TE.

Who did I leave out?

You should delete that post and replace it with recommending picking guys with the same bye so you only sacrifice the one game for dominance the other weeks or something.

(HULK) said:
You should delete that post and replace it with recommending picking guys with the same bye so you only sacrifice the one game for dominance the other weeks or something.
That was my thought, if I make through week 9 you guys are all screwed!

HairySasquatch said:

QB: Nothing to get excited about, but a good way to secure a floor. Perfect 3rd QB. Also provides help to get you through weeks 1 through 5 if you select Brady and the suspension is upheald.

Fitzpatrick $3- My favorite of the three and the cheapest. My money is on him keeping the starting job for the season.

J. White $5- Could fill the "Vereen" roll. I personally don't trust any NE rb to consistently put of solid numbers with Belichick

B. Oliver $3- Proved he can produce some huge numbers last year when given the opportunity due to injury.

A. Smith $3- Made some huge plays last year in the passing game. Could pop for some counting scores with ATL backs hurting.

WR: This is where I feel the value is located in the low priced players. Several of these guys will be on my team.

D. Funchess $5- I liked him before the Benjamin injury. I like him even more and is a no brainer to me.

P. Dorsett $5- Will provide a few huge games this season...if an injury happens, he could be a stud.

E. Royal $4- Another no brainer here for this price. Starter with history with Cutler and both White and Jeffery are hurting.

C. Beasley $4- #3 WR on Cowboys who's role seems to be increasing. I like him in PPR.

D. Moncrief $4- Another solid option for IND, but I like the upside of Dorsett more. Wouldn't surprise me if Moncrief is more consistent.

C. Brown $2- I really like him if Benjamin is out for an extended time. Vertical home run threat.

S. Coates $2- I like his dynasty potential more than this year, but is worth the $2 flyer in this system.

R. Rodgers $5- Starter on a high octane offense. Will get some red zone love and make a few catches a game.

J. Tamme $4- Could surprise with a bigger role this year in ATL. I like the passing game and schedule.

V. Green $3- This is a vote for Manning more than anything. It is a cheap lottery ticket. This is my favorite cheap TE.

B. Watson $3- Right now listed as the starter for NO. Another vote for a QB who likes to use the TE.

Who did I leave out?
I have 4 of your under $5 WR's, plus another 2 not on your list.

HairySasquatch said:

Who did I leave out?
You are a bad human being. You should be piddled upon. Good day to you Sir.

TE is a hot mess.
I dont like any of the top 4 at their price points versus getting studs in other positions. Can't set this position until a couple days before deadline imho.
interesting. I have a hard time moving Gronk off the team. Doing so would free up a ton of space, but he's been locked in for a while now.
I have yet to try to fit Gronk in, I don't think I can without ruining the rest of what I have. I do like 3 of the top 4 tight ends though.

Who did I leave out?
You are a bad human being. You should be piddled upon. Good day to you Sir.
I was just getting bored with the vague posts about the numbers at each position and % of cash used. Thought I would start talking about names. I'm sure a lot of the names on this list will flip by the time the contest closes.

Which would you rather have for your tight ends

Gronk

And a couple of 8 to 10 guys

Or

Olsen

Kelce

and one of the 8 to 10 dollar guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just getting bored with the vague posts about the numbers at each position and % of cash used. Thought I would start talking about names. I'm sure a lot of the names on this list will flip by the time the contest closes.
It doesn't matter, it is inevitable that some specific cheap players will be owned by a lot of avid readers of this forum, whether the names are posted in this thread or not. It happens every year because there are some obvious values for those who do the research.

This always brings up the "uniqueness" variable. If a lot of similar rosters make it to the final 3 weeks, a more unique roster might have the advantage over them when the cuts go away and point totals matter instead.

It's quite funny how you can change your team many times - I've cycled through at least 30+ changes since day 1- and each time I hit submit and review my team, I feel like I have a winner. I will say that all of my iterations have consisted of 26+ players. I can't recall my team/strategy from last year (is there a way to find this?) but this year I am able to find and favor value plays over stud-heavy strategies. We'll see. I guess over/under of changes from start to final is about 100. Sound about right, fellow addicts?

Which would you rather have for your tight ends

Gronk

And a couple of 8 to 10 guys

Or

Olsen

Kelce

and one of the 8 to 10 dollar guys?
Why is everyone leaving out Bennett? He had a great year last year and should do the same or better this year.

advise u contest vets is it worth it to drop devonte adams and cj anderson in order to get laveion bell and some body who probobly wont score a point for me all season? i have the cap space to do it here are RBS/WRS right now RB Peterson/ cjanderson/ amirabudulla/ryan mathewes WR Antino brown/ andre johnson amari cooper davonte adams and allan robison thanks for your opion

advise u contest vets is it worth it to drop devonte adams and cj anderson in order to get laveion bell and some body who probobly wont score a point for me all season? i have the cap space to do it here are RBS/WRS right now RB Peterson/ cjanderson/ amirabudulla/ryan mathewes WR Antino brown/ andre johnson amari cooper davonte adams and allan robison thanks for your opion
I like Adams, but I would rather have Bell

QB: 3

RB: 5

WR: 13

TE: 3

K: 3

D: 3

>$30: 2

>$20: 3

>$10: 7

>$5: 11

=<$5: 19

No idea if I'll keep it like this or not. But this morning was the first morning I didn't change anything.

Who was the person last year that made the website for the scoring of this as it goes during the season? I am interested in this type of work and would love to tinker around and build my own version of this site for practice and possible portfolio work(that I also find really interesting instead of diving into private info with ethic concerns that most people ignore that bugs me). I haven't subscribed in a while but really enjoy the info presented so I jumped on it this year and found the sub contest and saw someone mention this type of site...

Who was the person last year that made the website for the scoring of this as it goes during the season? I am interested in this type of work and would love to tinker around and build my own version of this site for practice and possible portfolio work(that I also find really interesting instead of diving into private info with ethic concerns that most people ignore that bugs me). I haven't subscribed in a while but really enjoy the info presented so I jumped on it this year and found the sub contest and saw someone mention this type of site...
This guy below (this post was on page 2):

If you're looking for some historical survival rate data on roster construction while building lineups, feel free to use the querier here: http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/querier/index.phpIt's been updated with last year's results and goes back to 2007.

Also, in the absence of any other solutions I'm planning to run the live scoring again this year. However, I'm pretty busy and it's only going to get much worse once we roll into NFL season, so if anyone ever wanted to try their hand at putting together a live scoring app for the contest I'd be happy to pass the torch. If you're on the fence, consider that at this time last year I'd never done anything like this in my life and in the span of a couple of weeks with a bunch of googling I was able to get a working site up and running. It was a tremendous learning experience for me, and it actually helped me land my current job which is awesome. Like I said, I can fire it up again this year but if anyone wants to take a crack at it please feel free, and let me know if you have any questions.

This guy below (this post was on page 2):

If you're looking for some historical survival rate data on roster construction while building lineups, feel free to use the querier here: http://o.ffense.com/fbg35k/querier/index.phpIt's been updated with last year's results and goes back to 2007.

Also, in the absence of any other solutions I'm planning to run the live scoring again this year. However, I'm pretty busy and it's only going to get much worse once we roll into NFL season, so if anyone ever wanted to try their hand at putting together a live scoring app for the contest I'd be happy to pass the torch. If you're on the fence, consider that at this time last year I'd never done anything like this in my life and in the span of a couple of weeks with a bunch of googling I was able to get a working site up and running. It was a tremendous learning experience for me, and it actually helped me land my current job which is awesome. Like I said, I can fire it up again this year but if anyone wants to take a crack at it please feel free, and let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks

I feel like three positions are set. QB, K, D. the only likely change there is if I have an extra dollar to upgrade one of the K.

WR is mostly set. Haven't changed anything here in a few days, unlikely to without injuries.

TE, the only real decision left is "to Gronk or not to Gronk" He's out right now (first time since I first submitted) but I don't really like it.

RB is the tough position IMO.

I'm all in on this guy "who probobly wont score a point" for you all season.

No brainer imo.

I have 3 WR's on my roster who cost $4, so obviously I think you can find one who will be productive.

I'm spending on a couple of studs, but then going cheap on everything else, have 28 right now, we'll see how it goes

I think average player count will be higher this year. I see a lot of people in the high 20s, and I've had several combinations of 30 players myself that I've liked.

I think average player count will be higher this year. I see a lot of people in the high 20s, and I've had several combinations of 30 players myself that I've liked.
I didn't like initial 30 player teams... but now that some dudes are getting injured, they look more interesting.

I've always been a 18-21 roster guy. This year I have been at around 24 or 25. I feel as though there is good value in cheaper QB's and WR's, but I feel like you have spend bigger money at RB and TE as I don't like the cheaper options there nearly as much.

Users who are viewing this thread