What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official* - Jeremy Langford (1 Viewer)

Is that when you draft?  Must be nice.
I completely understand being skeptical and avoiding their backfield right now.  I'm not taking Langford unless he's in the 8th round now.  I just don't think it's fair to say that the OL is going to be complete crap yet.  The odds are against them at the moment though.

Looked much better tonight and Bears appear like they're going to be feeding him a lot.  Secured number one spot

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeremy Langford rushed eight times for 55 yards and one touchdown in the Bears' second preseason game against the Patriots.
Through two preseason games, Langford has operated as the Bears' clear-cut No. 1 back. He handled every snap with the first-team offense in the exhibition opener, and did so again tonight before being replaced by Jacquizz Rodgers deep into the second quarter when Brian Hoyer came in at quarterback. Langford's rushing line was pumped up by a 34-yard gain, but he looked explosive with his cuts, and the offseason weight-gain hasn't slowed him down. Langford is cementing himself atop the depth chart and looks like he may open the year in an every-down role.

Aug 18 - 9:14 PM

Looked much better tonight and Bears appear like they're going to be feeding him a lot.  Secured number one spot
I hated it. He is the RB that was far and away the best value as he was going between the 5th and 8th round depending on the site. I had been getting him consistently in the 6th in mocks.  For how the Bears use their RBs, SoS and the talent, Langford is one of the few players going in that area of the draft with real top 12 RB potential. If this performance pushes him into the 4th round, I am going to cry. 

Im probably taking him with the 4th pick in the 4th round if he's there.. at least thats how I'm envisioning it in my head. No way in hell he gets back to be at 5.8

I mean people are drafting Matt Jones ahead (often a full round) of Langford. Can't make this stuff up. 

I can see that that. Jones has less talent behind him than Langford and in a better offense. Overall I think they are pretty similar risks/rewards.

Recap post from almost exactly a year ago (noteworthy since then, Forte gone of course, Howard was drafted and Langford up to about 220 lbs.?):

1) Forte is 30 and in a contract year.

2) Carey drafted by the prior regime, Fox has zero ties to him.

3) Langford was the forgotten fourth round back coming from a conference in which Gordon, Abdullah and Coleman went in the first, second and third round.

4) A late bloomer, his two year 40 TD total destroyed the previous MSU record by 10 (same school as Le'Veon Bell).

5) His streak of multiple TDs in his last 7 games led the FBS.

6) His 15 straight regular season conference 100+ yard rushing games was the longest streak in the nearly two decades since the stat was tracked in '96.

7) Fastest RB at combine with a 4.42 40.

8) He can block and catch as a former DB and WR, only played RB two seasons, has upside once he learns positional nuances.

* 2014 MSU highlights (shifty, elusive and make you miss ability in the open field, contact balance and strong for size) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBy7sP8hLVw

2015 CHI rookie highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpnz5EVRRJ8

Jeremy Langford was spotted with a walking boot on his left foot at Saturday's practice.

There were not any reports of an injury following his 55-yard performance in Thursday's preseason game, and beat writers did not have any updates at the start of practice. Coach John Fox will certainly be asked about the boot after practice, but he is not always forthcoming when it comes to injuries. While the boot is certainly concerning, it is possible the Bears are simply being proactive with a minor issue. Langford has been working as the clear No. 1 back.

Source: Zach Zaidman on Twitter

Recap post from almost exactly a year ago (noteworthy since then, Forte gone of course, Howard was drafted and Langford up to about 220 lbs.?):

1) Forte is 30 and in a contract year.

2) Carey drafted by the prior regime, Fox has zero ties to him.

3) Langford was the forgotten fourth round back coming from a conference in which Gordon, Abdullah and Coleman went in the first, second and third round.

4) A late bloomer, his two year 40 TD total destroyed the previous MSU record by 10 (same school as Le'Veon Bell).

5) His streak of multiple TDs in his last 7 games led the FBS.

6) His 15 straight regular season conference 100+ yard rushing games was the longest streak in the nearly two decades since the stat was tracked in '96.

7) Fastest RB at combine with a 4.42 40.

8) He can block and catch as a former DB and WR, only played RB two seasons, has upside once he learns positional nuances.

* 2014 MSU highlights (shifty, elusive and make you miss ability in the open field, contact balance and strong for size) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBy7sP8hLVw

2015 CHI rookie highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpnz5EVRRJ8
I know it means little. But at msu i thought he looked better than bell. 

A lot of people are going to be sitting here 6 months from now going, "how did this happen?". Guy has not only the potential to carry a big load but also get a lot of receptions out of the backfield. Could be a PPR stud.

I've been really down on him but he's going to get the ball a lot and he has a qb with a big arm and multiple big wrs to stretch the field with.  And he's running behind kyle Long.   Maybe he's going to be ok. 

I've been really down on him but he's going to get the ball a lot and he has a qb with a big arm and multiple big wrs to stretch the field with.  And he's running behind kyle Long.   Maybe he's going to be ok. 
I think it all depends on how competitive the Bears are going to be this season, particularly with the offensive line.

We are both Bears homers so we know how easily this team can crumble, lol. Not a ton of depth.

Jeremy Langford was spotted with a walking boot on his left foot at Saturday's practice.

There were not any reports of an injury following his 55-yard performance in Thursday's preseason game, and beat writers did not have any updates at the start of practice. Coach John Fox will certainly be asked about the boot after practice, but he is not always forthcoming when it comes to injuries. While the boot is certainly concerning, it is possible the Bears are simply being proactive with a minor issue. Langford has been working as the clear No. 1 back.

Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman  49m49 minutes ago
#Bears coach John Fox says Jeremy Langford has a foot injury and Kyle Long has a shoulder injury.
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman  8m8 minutes ago
#Bears coach John Fox on RB Jeremy Langford's foot: "I think he got landed on [in New England]. It got sore after the game."

Jeremy Langford shed his walking boot at Bears practice on Sunday.
Langford didn't participate in practice, but it's clear the boot was purely precautionary after Langford got "stepped on" in the Bears' second preseason game. Langford's status for next week's regular season dress rehearsal is unclear. He's shaping up as an enticing fantasy pick in the fifth and sixth rounds.

Source: Zach Zaidman on Twitter

From the Chicago Tribune - 8/24/2016:

Tuesday's injury report included some top contributors, such as running back Jeremy Langford (left foot), right guard Kyle Long (shoulder), inside linebacker Danny Trevathan (hamstring).

Injuries just seem to follow this team around.

No other details on Langford outside of the walking boot. More than likely, all three of the above players will sit out until the opener @ HOU on 9/11/2016

From the Chicago Tribune - 8/24/2016:

Tuesday's injury report included some top contributors, such as running back Jeremy Langford (left foot), right guard Kyle Long (shoulder), inside linebacker Danny Trevathan (hamstring).

Injuries just seem to follow this team around.

No other details on Langford outside of the walking boot. More than likely, all three of the above players will sit out until the opener @ HOU on 9/11/2016
Everything I saw said his foot was stepped on Sat. He wore a walking boot after the game because it was sore. Sunday he had shed the walking boot. Where are you getting he's going to miss week 1??

Everything I saw said his foot was stepped on Sat. He wore a walking boot after the game because it was sore. Sunday he had shed the walking boot. Where are you getting he's going to miss week 1??
I made the same mistake and then deleted my post - he said sit out "unitl" week 1. Weird how two people both missed it.

Correct, as BSS pointed out, more than likely out until opener. Cannot see him playing in the 4th preseason game which is typical of most NFL team's approach to these games WRT to starters. It was confirmed that Langford shed the boot already. Maybe they change their stance in the next preseason game but I think he sits and will be OK for the opener.

Thanks...I hadn't had my coffee yet. I like this. I want to sell this hard to my league. I want them to think Langford, walking boot, out for rest of preseason. 

As a RB3/Flex I love him.

As a RB2 in 2 RB/0 flex leagues he'd make me nervous enough that I'd probably take another RB right afterwards. 

If his ADP jumps to the early-mid 4th round after the "dress rehearsal" 3rd game, I'm not sure I'm in - depends on who's on the board. 

Bears OL is a bit shaky too, and I'm not sure they'll be in enough close games. 

It's funny - usually the homers are he ones touting picks. This year all my Bears fan friends have been telling me to avoid Langford. Haven't read through this whole topic to see if that holds true here - maybe someone can give me cliff notes. ;)  

I have to say, I had pretty much given up on him, but he's looked improved in the limited action.

He may have more value than I originally pegged him for.

5th round I've been taking him depending on how I started my mocks/dominator. 4th round is too rich. That simple really.

You Bear fan pals are either lying to you so they have one less owner to compete with for him or other Bears players for that matter, or they are being realistic about it and see doom and gloom ahead.

John Fox has a history of using RBBC and they drafted Jordan Howard who never saw a defender he didn't want to run over. Seems like a Fox kind of guy. He could snipe goal line possibly. From what I have heard he hasn't had a good camp. He did ok in most recent preseason game by the numbers. Not a receiving threat really. The Bears also have Kadeem Carey who could be in the mix if Langford and/or Howard are not getting it done. Carey is a well rounded football player but hasn't done much yet in the NFL. Quiz Rodgers was ahead of these guys on the depth chart earlier this season, but I think he is done and won't make the team.

The Bears do have an easier schedule this year and Langford gained some weight which likely makes Fox happy. Fox seems to prefer a RB who can move a pile.

Langford is currently being drafted at pick 62, so top of the 6th round. Seems like a reasonable price but I always find other players I would prefer to have more. The Bears will likely throw a lot this season and Langford looks like their best RB option in the passing game, although Carey can catch too.

5th round I've been taking him depending on how I started my mocks/dominator. 4th round is too rich. That simple really.
6th round is where I think he becomes a good pick. Too many better WR options in the 5th in the mocks I have seen. 

6th round is where I think he becomes a good pick. Too many better WR options in the 5th in the mocks I have seen. 

A lot of mocks I've been doing I've been going either RB-WR-WR ( late 1st round pick ), or WR-RB-WR-WR ( early 1st round pick ), Langford looks good to me in the 5th. I like the WRs in the 6th-9th as well. Tbh, there's RBs I like in the 6th-9th as well. This year feels really open for varying things up.

That's how i feel.  And yet with late drafts it gets tricky due to risers, fallers, injuries. Drafting September 5th, pretty much everything is out there for info, so it may be that it you're going 2 WR & 1 RB through 3 rounds, he's what you can get as a RB2 in the 4th. 

If that happens you either have to pull the trigger or punt. 

Id probably punt & take a WR then stock up on scraps at RB in the 5-6-7. 

You Bear fan pals are either lying to you so they have one less.....
Nah - these guys aren't in any of my leagues. Friends from other boards, other past leagues & contests, and from work (I used to travel to Chicago every other year. 

Langford is currently being drafted at pick 62, so top of the 6th round. Seems like a reasonable price but I always find other players I would prefer to have more. The Bears will likely throw a lot this season and Langford looks like their best RB option in the passing game, although Carey can catch too.
I'd be totally in at a 6th round price. One dude I am in two leagues with took him in the 5th last Saturday though, so it would depend on where I'm drafting relative to him.  If he's between my 5th & 6th I'd have to go 5th. 

In a 12 team league I don't think you guys will get him in the 5th unless you have an early pick that round.

Edit: in my mocks I've been grabbing a rb late 4th and this is how I rank the available RBs.

Hyde(if there)

Lat Murray 

Langford 

Ryan Mathews 

Demarco

Users who are viewing this thread