What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official* - Jeremy Langford (1 Viewer)

If his best game was somewhere in the middle of the season, then I wouldn't have 'thrown it out". The fact that he's only averaging 3.6 yards per carry in the last six games that he played is relevant. He's nearly 30. Against Green Bay, he was coming off of 8 months rest. I the six games since then, he's only had one game that was as good as both of Langford's have been. I'm not saying that Langford has beaten Forte out. I'm saying that Forte's role will be lighter than it was before his injury. There's no way Fox can keep someone as explosive as Langford on the bench now. 18 touches for Forte and 12 for Langford wouldn't surprise me at all.
Does the fact that Langford has averaged 3.8 yards per carry in 2 1/2 games (since MIN) factor into your comparison? Where he has picked up yards is in the passing game, which I would argue Forte would be performing just as well. Do you really think Langford will keep up his 17+ yards per reception pace?I guess we'll have to wait and see what will happen, but it's my opinion that 18/12 split is a little optimistic. I would bet less than ten for Langford, maybe 18-20 for Forte and 6-8 for Langford.
We're all just guessing, but to hear Forte talk, he's already resigned to the fact that he's not getting a huge amount anymore. Scroll up to read his quotes.
This guy is not worth a reply. Just ignore him. He's probably like 14 and new to football.

If his best game was somewhere in the middle of the season, then I wouldn't have 'thrown it out". The fact that he's only averaging 3.6 yards per carry in the last six games that he played is relevant. He's nearly 30. Against Green Bay, he was coming off of 8 months rest. I the six games since then, he's only had one game that was as good as both of Langford's have been. I'm not saying that Langford has beaten Forte out. I'm saying that Forte's role will be lighter than it was before his injury. There's no way Fox can keep someone as explosive as Langford on the bench now. 18 touches for Forte and 12 for Langford wouldn't surprise me at all.
Does the fact that Langford has averaged 3.8 yards per carry in 2 1/2 games (since MIN) factor into your comparison? Where he has picked up yards is in the passing game, which I would argue Forte would be performing just as well. Do you really think Langford will keep up his 17+ yards per reception pace?I guess we'll have to wait and see what will happen, but it's my opinion that 18/12 split is a little optimistic. I would bet less than ten for Langford, maybe 18-20 for Forte and 6-8 for Langford.
We're all just guessing, but to hear Forte talk, he's already resigned to the fact that he's not getting a huge amount anymore. Scroll up to read his quotes.
This guy is not worth a reply. Just ignore him. He's probably like 14 and new to football.
Says the guy who thinks Carey looked better than Langford. And I forgot more about football than you'll ever know. Come back and see me when Forte is getting the same share of carries he did before the injury. If someone disagrees with you, they're new to football. Yet I'm the one who's 14.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago being eliminated means they might as well run Forte into the ground and save Langford... except for the fact Langford really hasn't proven much yet and it is probably of greater value to the Bears future to see how Langford performs with a heavy workload before deciding Forte's FA situation or planning for the 2016 draft.

Forte obviously wants to get out on the field as soon as he's somewhat capable to boost his FA value, except his quotes imply he recognizes that rushing out there less than 100% he stands to risk his FA value underperforming due to injury, being injured worse, or being stigmatized in a 50/50 RBBC.

Coach Fox loves his vets and will surely play Forte as soon as he's healthy, but on the other hand he had to have ok'd Forte being on the trade block, he's won 2 straight somewhat sparked by this guy Langford, and knows his job security hinges on filling a lot of holes on this squad - something that re-signing Forte is not going to help accomplish.

I know this back and forth is fun, and what this board is about, but the vigor sort of surprises me. Everyone is spot on right with their logic, well except for the guy who said Carey is better than Langford... what's up with that?

Who's that
With a name like Bucky he must know what he's talking about.
He said he worked for John Fox before.
But is he an Ace Reporter?
What is an Ace Reporter?

Bucky Brooks works for NFL.com he is a former scout often discusses rookie prospects along side Daniel Jermiah.

I don't really have an opinion about his credibility. I just happened to see him saying this so thought I would share what he said. As always it is the responsibility of the reader to decide if the information is credible or not. What he said was merely his opinion.

I think Forte helps the Bears win and they should want to re-sign him. Both he and Langford could be used in tandem and both are good enough recievers that they could be used on the field at the same time. As long as Forte wants to return to the Bears I think the Bears would be wise to retain him. Even if he only has a couple good seasons left.

But what they ultimately do and what Forte wants are unknown to me. So perhaps Bucky and others are right that Forte will not be re-signed in 2016.

Who's that
What is an Ace Reporter?

Bucky Brooks works for NFL.com he is a former scout often discusses rookie prospects along side Daniel Jermiah.

I don't really have an opinion about his credibility. I just happened to see him saying this so thought I would share what he said. As always it is the responsibility of the reader to decide if the information is credible or not. What he said was merely his opinion.

I think Forte helps the Bears win and they should want to re-sign him. Both he and Langford could be used in tandem and both are good enough recievers that they could be used on the field at the same time. As long as Forte wants to return to the Bears I think the Bears would be wise to retain him. Even if he only has a couple good seasons left.

But what they ultimately do and what Forte wants are unknown to me. So perhaps Bucky and others are right that Forte will not be re-signed in 2016.
Just a bad joke leaking over from another thread. Some reporter reporting on lynch was referenced as an ace reporter and many of us imagined him as some sorta 1950's reporter.

Who's that
What is an Ace Reporter?

Just a bad joke leaking over from another thread. Some reporter reporting on lynch was referenced as an ace reporter and many of us imagined him as some sorta 1950's reporter.
Yeah my thought was Ace Ventura.

Chicago being eliminated means they might as well run Forte into the ground and save Langford... except for the fact Langford really hasn't proven much yet and it is probably of greater value to the Bears future to see how Langford performs with a heavy workload before deciding Forte's FA situation or planning for the 2016 draft.

Forte obviously wants to get out on the field as soon as he's somewhat capable to boost his FA value, except his quotes imply he recognizes that rushing out there less than 100% he stands to risk his FA value underperforming due to injury, being injured worse, or being stigmatized in a 50/50 RBBC.

Coach Fox loves his vets and will surely play Forte as soon as he's healthy, but on the other hand he had to have ok'd Forte being on the trade block, he's won 2 straight somewhat sparked by this guy Langford, and knows his job security hinges on filling a lot of holes on this squad - something that re-signing Forte is not going to help accomplish.

I know this back and forth is fun, and what this board is about, but the vigor sort of surprises me. Everyone is spot on right with their logic, well except for the guy who said Carey is better than Langford... what's up with that?
This is not how football teams get run. You don't save a young rb, you give them as many reps and experience as possible so they develop and also you can make evaluations

Some have suggested the Cowboys ran Murray into the ground last season because they knew they wouldn't be resigning him.

This is not how football teams get run. You don't save a young rb, you give them as many reps and experience as possible so they develop and also you can make evaluations
From a different angle, coaching staffs are judged based upon wins and losses. Their jobs are rarely safe, and their next jobs may or may not be there depending upon how many wins they are able to produce. For this reason, most staffs are going to want to win as many games as possible, even in a non-playoff season. They tend to put the best players on the field to get those wins.

Right. But I don't think you made it quite through my post.

From a selfish Vikings fan perspective I hope the Bears let Forte go in free agency. One less weapon for the Vikings defense to worry about.

The Bears have been low on quality WR with all of their injuries. Forte can help make Gase's spread offense better.

From a selfish Vikings fan perspective I hope the Bears let Forte go in free agency. One less weapon for the Vikings defense to worry about.

The Bears have been low on quality WR with all of their injuries. Forte can help make Gase's spread offense better.
It's not just a Forte for Langford swap. They'll have millions of dollars to sign other players.

JuniorNB said:
Some have suggested the Cowboys ran Murray into the ground last season because they knew they wouldn't be resigning him.
That was the original Jerry Jones strategy. Stack the o-line and churn thru RBs. That's why he y=thought he didn't have to pay Emmitt.

JuniorNB said:
That was the original Jerry Jones strategy. Stack the o-line and churn thru RBs. That's why he y=thought he didn't have to pay Emmitt.
It was not a good move by Jerrah but its not the same situation as Forte. DeMarco Murray was the NFL leading rusher and two years younger and much cheaper than Forte. Add the Boys had Joseph Randle who had 'issues last year as the heir apparent and not a promising rookie who had blown up in his first two games like Langford has. It really was a poor strategy by the Boys and we have seen how its turned out for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Numbers.- His 109 receiving yards versus the Rams were the most ever by a Bears rookie in one game.

- Langford is one of three Bears running backs to finish a game with at least 100 yards receiving, one receiving touchdown and one rushing touchdown. Can you guess the other two? Dont think too hard: Hall of Famers Walter Payton and Gale Sayers. Thats elite company.

- Langfords 83-yard receiving touchdown inside the Edward Jones Dome was the fourth-longest reception by a running back in franchise history ...

- Langford also became just the third rookie in NFL history with at least 70 rushing yards, one touchdown run, 100 receiving yards and a touchdown catch in the same game ...

But the most important numbers to consider for dynasty purposes going forward are these:

- Bargain price: As a fourth-round pick, Langford signed a four-year, $2,823,624 contract that included a signing bonus of $543,624. Langford is set to earn $525,000 next year and count just $660,906 against the Bears salary cap. Forte, by comparison, is taking up $9.2 million worth of salary cap space in 2015, plus grossing a base salary of $7.05 million.
Sorry to sidetrack for minimal details, had to look this up though. Ditka had 3 games as a rookie in '61 with over 109 yards. Guessing the stated "facts" were for RBs

Numbers.- His 109 receiving yards versus the Rams were the most ever by a Bears rookie in one game.

- Langford is one of three Bears running backs to finish a game with at least 100 yards receiving, one receiving touchdown and one rushing touchdown. Can you guess the other two? Dont think too hard: Hall of Famers Walter Payton and Gale Sayers. Thats elite company.

- Langfords 83-yard receiving touchdown inside the Edward Jones Dome was the fourth-longest reception by a running back in franchise history ...

- Langford also became just the third rookie in NFL history with at least 70 rushing yards, one touchdown run, 100 receiving yards and a touchdown catch in the same game ...

But the most important numbers to consider for dynasty purposes going forward are these:

- Bargain price: As a fourth-round pick, Langford signed a four-year, $2,823,624 contract that included a signing bonus of $543,624. Langford is set to earn $525,000 next year and count just $660,906 against the Bears salary cap. Forte, by comparison, is taking up $9.2 million worth of salary cap space in 2015, plus grossing a base salary of $7.05 million.
Sorry to sidetrack for minimal details, had to look this up though. Ditka had 3 games as a rookie in '61 with over 109 yards. Guessing the stated "facts" were for RBs
Technically it says against the Rams. Where Ditka's against the Rams? ;)

JuniorNB said:
Key difference was the Cowboys were playoff contenders with legitimate Super Bowl aspirations. Winning takes priority over development in that scenario, and expending assets that won't be back is a sound approach, on paper.

Chicago is, for all their improvement, unlikely to make the playoffs this year, so the focus ought to shift to development.

Bears got starting center back, which moves last week's center back to his LG spot and their worst OL to bench. Should help

It's not just a Forte for Langford swap. They'll have millions of dollars to sign other players.
Other players better than Forte though? I doubt that.

Says the guy who thinks Carey looked better than Langford. And I forgot more about football than you'll ever know. Come back and see me when Forte is getting the same share of carries he did before the injury. If someone disagrees with you, they're new to football. Yet I'm the one who's 14.
Looked better today too bro

Hard to start Langford tomorrow with Forte back. But I may just be desperate enough to flex him. It's either a boom or bust wide receiver, or Langford. Doubt we will have any idea on how many touches he's expected to get.

Hard to start Langford tomorrow with Forte back. But I may just be desperate enough to flex him. It's either a boom or bust wide receiver, or Langford. Doubt we will have any idea on how many touches he's expected to get.
I am stuck, I have to start Langford. My options are Starks (I'm already starting Lacy), Bradshaw or Charles Sims.

I am stuck, I have to start Langford. My options are Starks (I'm already starting Lacy), Bradshaw or Charles Sims.
You could do worse. He's not a bad start. Forte is coming off an injury. I bet Langford still gets a few series, plus some third down work. And he's terrific at the goal line.

I also think Langford will get some work, but I think more limited than many think if Forte is not feeling the effects of the injury and gets off to a good start.

Fox tends to be loyal to his vets, and this is actually a big game for the Bears in terms of playoffs. They are clearly on the outside looking in, but far from out of it yet.

What do we do tomorrow? I have same options as Godsbrother....Simms, Langford, Bradshaw, Karlos Williams, Turbin....I wish I knew how healthy Forte was....help.

He's still the lead back in Chicago. If he's healthy, he'll get the bulk of the carries. I'd have to have no other options to start Langford. Keeping him on the bench. The only thing you can hope for is a td, to break a long one, or Forte getting reinjured. Forte is a better receiver so he's not going to get a ton of receptions either. Bears fan

Forte already said he could've went on Sunday but played it cautious because of quick turnaround. That's not a lot of options you have. I guess I'd leave Bradshaw

I'm so wiped out at rb I'm actually considering starting Langford and Forte.

My only other options are Riddick, Sims and Bradshaw

Users who are viewing this thread