What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU/Seahawks (1 Viewer)

think i'm starting 3 RBs this week for the first time all year (PPR flex league) and he's one of them.  playing him over Baldwin, which seems fairly obvious given the expected gameflow here

I have to pick 2 from these:     Lat Murray @SD,  R.Kelly vs CAR,   Rawls vs LAR

and I thought it would be really close...............but it looks like MAURILE TREMBLAY is the "oddball" who has Rawls WAY down his ranking list this week.

My gut tells me to go with Murray and Rawls as i also think Rawls could be in for a good outcome with that home crowd (which the rookie Goff hasn't had to face yet)

I have to pick 2 from these:     Lat Murray @SD,  R.Kelly vs CAR,   Rawls vs LAR

and I thought it would be really close...............but it looks like MAURILE TREMBLAY is the "oddball" who has Rawls WAY down his ranking list this week.

My gut tells me to go with Murray and Rawls as i also think Rawls could be in for a good outcome with that home crowd (which the rookie Goff hasn't had to face yet)
I got L Murray  and Rawls with Bell as my RB's and Flex.. benching L Miller

Nemesis said:

Although he was game scripted out of last week’s blowout loss, Thomas Rawls continued to look dynamic on his runs and is now averaging 5.06 yards per carry since returning from his leg injury four games ago. The Rams enter Week 15 having allowed a combined 121-613-3 (5.07 YPC) rushing line to enemy running backs over their last five games. L.A. has been gashed for rushing-yardage totals of 133, 209, 139 over its last three games on the road. Rawls can be touchdown and long-run dependent due to his shortage of passing-game usage, but this is a great-looking spot for him with Seattle favored by over two touchdowns against a Rams team that appears incapable of putting up a realistic fight.

I think 150 is coming tomorrow night. I really do. 
I'm with you in this.  Coming off a bad loss,  back at home on a short week,  and playing a bad team,  I think they lean on Rawls heavily.  I'm cautiously optimistic that we see 4QTRs of what we got from Rawls two weeks ago against Carolina. 

Man I don't know...the Rams always play Seattle tough and these games are low scoring. I was able to grab Powell and now have to decide starting two out of Ajayi, Rawles and Powell. There is a lot of optimism in this thread but I got a bad feeling about this game. Like 9-6....

Rams have nothing to play for at this point, nothing.

Sea has everything to play for.

I know its a divisional playoff game, but with an interim coach, and thi sbeing a SEA home game and a short week, this has the makings of a nice game for Mr. Rawls.

Seems like everywhere but FBGs has him ranked in the top 10ish this week.

FantasyPros has him at RB10. Maurile has him as RB31. How is that even possible?

Rams have nothing to play for at this point, nothing.

Sea has everything to play for.
I disagree. Because it's a divisional game, the Rams have a lot to play for because they know the game means so much to Seattle.  

Not sure though what that means for Rawls. I'll probably start Rawls over Ware because Seattle is playing at home. 

I disagree. Because it's a divisional game, the Rams have a lot to play for because they know the game means so much to Seattle.  

Not sure though what that means for Rawls. I'll probably start Rawls over Ware because Seattle is playing at home. 
I usually agree with this, but with the coach fired and an interim coach in the mix, a short week, I think the rams have checked out.  But you never know, that's what makes this fun ;)

All you need to do is believe that the change of staff will give the team something to play for, if only to prove that the problems were the old coach rather than them.  Maurile's projection is not unreasonable if you expect the Rams to rise to some semblance of their teams from recent years...

All you need to do is believe that the change of staff will give the team something to play for, if only to prove that the problems were the old coach rather than them.  Maurile's projection is not unreasonable if you expect the Rams to rise to some semblance of their teams from recent years...
The Rams D is allowing an average of 129 rushing yards over the last 5 games. They've also allowed 40+ in 2 of their last 3 games. I know they tend to play Seattle close, but nothing the Rams have done over the last few weeks screams confidence in their defense. Add in the fact that Seattle averages 27ppg at home and the Rams allow 26ppg on the road and I'm not sure why anyone would have Rawls as RB31 going into this week.

The Rams D is allowing an average of 129 rushing yards over the last 5 games. They've also allowed 40+ in 2 of their last 3 games. I know they tend to play Seattle close, but nothing the Rams have done over the last few weeks screams confidence in their defense. Add in the fact that Seattle averages 27ppg at home and the Rams allow 26ppg on the road and I'm not sure why anyone would have Rawls as RB31 going into this week.
agreed! He's a low end RB1 this week...the game script will be his best friend tonight

I think Rawls is a RB 1 this week.  They are favored by 16 at home.  He will get plenty of red zone chances tonight.  My guess is he cashes in for 2 tds.

I think LA covers, seeing as how they've won 4 of their last 5 meetings (which is in fact insane). Fisher talked about how he built the team in order to compete vs. players like Wilson and Kaep so I suppose he got at least one thing right. Teams also tend to play well (win) the game after their coach is fired. The thing is, this is all good news. We want the game to be close so SEA never has an excuse to pull Rawls. If this swings further in the gameflow direction that Vegas is predicting (SEA -16), it could mean Rawls doesn't get to eat for the full 4 quarters. Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned but Pope was put on IR so it's now just Rawls, Farmer and someone whose name I'm forgetting. 

I think LA covers, seeing as how they've won 4 of their last 5 meetings (which is in fact insane). Fisher talked about how he built the team in order to compete vs. players like Wilson and Kaep so I suppose he got at least one thing right. Teams also tend to play well (win) the game after their coach is fired. The thing is, this is all good news. We want the game to be close so SEA never has an excuse to pull Rawls. If this swings further in the gameflow direction that Vegas is predicting (SEA -16), it could mean Rawls doesn't get to eat for the full 4 quarters. Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned but Pope was put on IR so it's now just Rawls, Farmer and someone whose name I'm forgetting. 
Collins

Weird game so far. All passes going to Lockett and Willson. Graham and Baldwin not really involved. Same with Rawls. 

So glad I took Farrow out and put Rawls in at 8:23.   The 6 points I get will be helpful.   Had my choice of latavius Murray, Spencer Ware and Gurley too.   I am the worst decision maker 

Fortunately I'm going against Jimmy Graham.  Hopefully he and Rawls will at least wash. 

Users who are viewing this thread