What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thomas Rawls, RB, CMU/Seahawks (1 Viewer)

I wonder how good the Steelers run-d really is. If you look at the offenses they've faced, very few actually run the ball well.

1- @New England - 28th rushing offense - Dion Lewis went 15-69. 4.6 ypc. The rest was Brady.

2 - San Francisco - 18th rushing offense - 49ers actually ran for over 100 yards but 50 of it was Kap

3 - @St Louis - 7th rushing offense but this was Gurley's 1st game and he only got 6 carries

4 - Baltimore - 22nd rushing offense

5 - @San Diego - 30th rushing offense

6 - Arizona - 10th rushing offense - stuffed them while Palmer threw for 421 yds

7 - @Kansas City - 9th rushing offense - West went 22-110-1, 5.0 ypc and 2-19 receiving

8 - Cincinnati - 12th rushing offense - stopped them but Hill still had 4.0 ypc

9 - Oakland - 23rd rushing offense - Murray went 17-96-0, 5.6 ypc

10 - Cleveland - 31st rushing offense

Throwing out the St Louis game, they have faced 3 rushing offenses in the top 12 and stopped 2 of them at home. The 3rd, on the road, roughed them up pretty good and controlled the game.

Seattle is the top rushing offense in the league and playing at home. Of course, Wilson's rushing stats skews their ranking but his running only helps Rawls.
Good post. Thanks for sharing this. Warming up to sitting Sharc for Rawls now even if Sharc plays. Rawls is elusive and can catch passes so he could have a similar game to the Sharc game vs Pit. Got my Under-Rawls on Baby.

Please stop with the puns!

If you want to step down to a rung that low on the comedy ladder, how about a knock-knock joke?

Or a limerick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Changed my team name to Ooh Baby I Like It Rawls
Good for you.
A better name is "Got You're Under Rawls"
I kinda like Rawls Deep.
hmm, I have Gurley, so if they go off this week, I'll change my team to "Gurley has big brass Rawls"
Ballz to the Rawls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_3TlrZLpQ0 (nice victory song after this week) It almost sounds like he's chanting "Rawls"

When I was watching film on this guy's past performances I thought I saw him smiling a few times during his runs, but its tough to see with the mouthpiece and helmet on to tell for sure. I just wrote it off as my imagination. I mean I've heard of guys running angry before, but Cam is the only guy I noticed who actually smiles when he runs during a play, clearly enjoying himself.

Then I saw this: http://screencast.com/t/1uYXuJ4h1 He's clearly enjoying himself out there, not really a Cam smile but more of a huge grin behind that mouthpiece, not just a job so he's having fun out there. That's one of the key signs of success is loving your job! :thumbup:

Been getting a lot of relatively weak offers for Rawls.

Am I the only one seeing a potential top 5-8 dynasty RB?

The beat writers in Seattle haven't said a thing about injury so hopefully it's just a limiting use now since he's the guy.

In the game I remember him getting hit from behind and his knees got drilled into the ground. He came up a bit gimpy and left the game but was back out after taking a series off IIRC.

renesauz said:

No, guy in my league told me it would take "a minimum of three 1sts to get him", so you're not alone.

renesauz said:

No, guy in my league told me it would take "a minimum of three 1sts to get him", so you're not alone.
:shock: Big difference between "potential top 5" and actual/proven top 5. But I'm not moving him for McFadden or a second either

renesauz said:

No, you aren't the only one. Think about Lynch's cumulative performance over the 3 previous seasons. Then realize that he did that while older and with more mileage than Rawls has. That is the potential for Rawls, and that is most definitely a top 8 dynasty RB.

As ourmanflint pointed out a couple days ago, Im not so sure how tested or tough the PIT run D really is. They've faced very few good RBs or talented running teams this year. Those that they have played - Lewis, Forsett, West, Latavius - have all had success. Others have still have a solid YPC. Really the only game that impressed me was holding Chris Johnson to 14/40 but Palmer tore them up.

As a Steelers fan Im worried about Rawls ripping us a new one. Im starting Rawls with confidence everywhere I have him.

No, you aren't the only one. Think about Lynch's cumulative performance over the 3 previous seasons. Then realize that he did that while older and with more mileage than Rawls has. That is the potential for Rawls, and that is most definitely a top 8 dynasty RB.
Best offer I have gotten is a single 1st: Mid-range likely in the 5-8 spot based on their record right now. Rest of the offers have been very poor.

What is this "3-4 weeks" nonsense I keep reading about Lynch missing. Everything I've read about sports hernia surgery recovery states reasonable expectation is 5-6 weeks.

What is this "3-4 weeks" nonsense I keep reading about Lynch missing. Everything I've read about sports hernia surgery recovery states reasonable expectation is 5-6 weeks.
Optimism? Smoke screen? Motivation for Rawls to play like he's playing for a job in the future?

I've seen 4 weeks min for a return but that's under optimal conditions, which I doubt we'll see here.

He ripped off a few large chunk gains in the beginning of the game ... looked like another easy 100+ yard performance and then they started throwing TDs as the PItt D stacked the box. He looks REALLY GOOD on film. Quick, balanced, powerful and elusive downhill running.

He ripped off a few large chunk gains in the beginning of the game ... looked like another easy 100+ yard performance and then they started throwing TDs as the PItt D stacked the box. He looks REALLY GOOD on film. Quick, balanced, powerful and elusive downhill running.
Part of the reason he didn't end with another 100+ yard game was certainly the game situation and Seattle throwing a lot more, but part of it was also due to their FB--Tukuafu--getting a concussion and we didn't have another FB Rawls has played with. Last year's FB was Derrick Coleman until he was injured and he's still on the roster (despite some off-field transgressions) so I would expect if Tukuafu can't come back Coleman will step up and be effective.

How do you think Rawls stacks up against the Vikings defense?

I know he's going to get the volume, but his lack of usage in the passing game makes him somewhat TD-dependent.

Trying to decide among him, Ingram, CJA, Cobb and Watkins for two PPR flex positions.

I know he's going to get the volume, but his lack of usage in the passing game makes him somewhat TD-dependent.

Trying to decide among him, Ingram, CJA, Cobb and Watkins for two PPR flex positions.
Saw some numbers from Vikings D that were pretty solid. They have gotten gashed by a few backs though - Carlos Hyde, Todd Gurley, Lacy.

From a volume / chances perspective though I'd probably still have him in one of your spots.

Saw some numbers from Vikings D that were pretty solid. They have gotten gashed by a few backs though - Carlos Hyde, Todd Gurley, Lacy.

From a volume / chances perspective though I'd probably still have him in one of your spots.
Coleman did ok as well. I think Freeman would have gotten even more. Coleman ran himself into a few tackles, I would say, as is his wont.

Coleman did ok as well. I think Freeman would have gotten even more. Coleman ran himself into a few tackles, I would say, as is his wont.
Yeah, I heard someone on the CH podcast say that Coleman turned in the worst 110-yard game one could imagine.

So we feeling good rolling him out? It's either him or Little Dougie Martin for me. Want to start Rawls.
I could play hill over him. That sounds like madness but I am worried about playing Minn at their home.

Then again, he does pass the eye test no? This has killed me before. I sat Langford against the Rams based on matchup even though my eyes told me the kid "had it!"

I think I'm rolling with Rawls. Guaranteed massive workload. Plus, the Vikings are especially stingy against the pass. The smells like a close, relatively low-scoring, run-and-play-defense type of game.

Starting Rawls this week as well. Coleman had a good day against Minnesota last week and should have had a lot more.

The Vikings D is banged up. In particular their best run stopper, nose tackle Linval Joseph, is OUT today. Joseph is PFF's #3 rated interior defender.

ESPN

Big boost for Rawls I think. I don't have other options, but I am starting with confidence.

If you look at Minnesota defense vs running backs as a whole thos year they seem pretty scary, but if you look at each of Minnesota's opponents individually this season you won't be super afraid to start rawls against them.

Rawls is not shifty in the "traditional" sense, but he is kind of craft with his body control and he can get extra yards where they don't seem to be there.

He's churned out two very good performances against stout rushing defenses. He draws another "tough" match-up vs. BAL next week but L. Miller ran all over them today. Then he gets CLE in week 15 and a reeling STL rush defense in week 16. He's still looking like a huge playoff asset.

Users who are viewing this thread