Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
SaintsInDome2006

The Official Kicker (K) Thread

1 hour ago, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

Ditto. Finally dropped Fairbarn which means he'll score 20+ points this week. But I don't wanna worry about gd kickers.

I just dropped Fairbairn for Gould.  Guy was totally useless to this point, so I'm also confident he'll drop 20+

• Like 1

Just now, elshagon said:

Any idea who the Patriots will sign as their kicker?

Brought in a bunch of guys for tryouts in Foxboro today. Should know in a few hours.

1 hour ago, whole-show said:

Stephen Gostkowski to be placed on IR

They've tried out multiple kickers today, including Kai Forbath and rookie Matthew Wright.

edit: also possibly Elliot Fry and Mike Nugent.

Edited by [scooter]

1 hour ago, [scooter] said:

They've tried out multiple kickers today, including Kai Forbath and rookie Matthew Wright.

edit: also possibly Elliot Fry and Mike Nugent.

just read on ESPN that it's either going go be Forbath or Nugent

The Pats job should be really valuable, but actually the Pats have been stomping their opponents so bad or hardly needing to score that Gostkowski wasn't really putting up that much the last 3 weeks.

I actually dropped Gost for Gould last night, funny to see he was placed on IR today. My league penalizes missed PATs so he had to go anyways.

Edited by hamsterdam

I’m gonna go illogical here and opt for Gould over Lambo and Gay.  He plays MNF and my opponent doesn’t have anyone for that game; I like to have something to root for and have last player going 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dickies said:

I just dropped Fairbairn for Gould.  Guy was totally useless to this point, so I'm also confident he'll drop 20+

I did the same

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

Nugent just got signed by Patriots. Nugent or Lambo? 

Only problem with Nugent is the likelihood of a short leash.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:51 PM, Arodin said:

Jason Myers (Seattle).

Long 47.

Scoring total prediction is not explicitly requested in the rules, but I recall being fussed at last year for not including one anyway (and HSG expects me to be a pedant by now):  14.2 pts.

I was INCHES away from winning this thing.  Nailed the yardage, but the idiot punter botched the placement.  :rant:

Maybe we could make a new thread for the hot sauce competition? 

Dont get me wrong, I love it.

but I’m also a fantasy nerd and mostly click on this link to hear about, uh, kicker stuff.  Not just dudes trying to win some spicy gold.

Edited by Ray Barboni
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Dropped Zane Gonzalez and noticed Josh Lambo was on the wire in my league. Grabbed him and might ride him the whole year, strong leg and the Jacksonville O can move the ball well with Minshew II.

Edited by The Frankman

6 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Dropped Zane Gonzalez and noticed Josh Lambo was on the wire in my league. Grabbed him and might ride him the whole year, strong leg and the Jacksonville O can move the ball well with Minshew II.

As well as not being great, thus whiffing on enough 3rd downs in the RZ to get a goodly amount of FG tries.

Perfect Fantasy K recipe

So...Slye.

1 FG, 1 missed from 50+ (which I guess is forgivable).

4 PATs, 1 PAT missed.

2 points in my league scoring.

Is he a guy we hold given track record so far (no matter who the QB is) and a seemingly aberration in his scoring potential?

Or do we drop/stream him, especially if guys like Gaye, Fairbairn, and Gonzalez are out there?

15 hours ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

So...Slye.

1 FG, 1 missed from 50+ (which I guess is forgivable).

4 PATs, 1 PAT missed.

2 points in my league scoring.

Is he a guy we hold given track record so far (no matter who the QB is) and a seemingly aberration in his scoring potential?

Or do we drop/stream him, especially if guys like Gaye, Fairbairn, and Gonzalez are out there?

55 yarder was blocked (forgivable) 46 yarder was pushed badly and I did not see the MXP. It wasn't the difference in my game thanks to Philly D's 35pts against so not as irked as I could be.

I'm willing to call it a case of the yips at this point. He did get the opps including another 50+ try so I'm staying the course for now.

1 hour ago, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

Dan Bailey into double digits back to back weeks and bye is on week 12. Vikings offense is stable and has friendly schedule. 

Is he out of his 2 year funk? Back to being one of the most reliable kickers in the league?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Titans are expected to sign K Cody Parkey.

Parkey was last seen tearing the heart out of every Bears fan in last season's NFC Wild Card loss against the Eagles. Parkey made just 76.7% of his field goals and 93.3% of extra points in the 2018 regular season. The Titans released Cairo Santos Monday after he missed four field goals in their Week 5 loss to the Bills.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Oct 7, 2019, 5:03 PM ET

I didn’t see if anyone had tonight’s kickers - I’ll check back through the topic tomorrow & figure out who won! 

:excited:

For those who started Gould, you can blame me. Picked him up in all my leagues last week.  3 missed FGs already

• Laughing 1

Robbie “FOOLS” Gould!!!

I hate kickers*!

*as a required position in a fantasy football starting lineup, I’m sure they’re all nice people in real life 

Hot Sauce Guy is unable to log in until the 13th due to saying a bad word in the 49ers game topic. He will be back to figure out the winner in a week unless someone wants to figure it out for him & email him the results with the winners contact information at his website's contact form https://luckydoghotsauce.com/pages/contact-us.  

PS

he says he’s sorry for breaking the rules & won't do it again

Edited by yoman
Added a PS
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3

Not exactly a kicker question, but we don’t have a pinter thread here (for obvious reasons)...

Is Andy Lee expected to get the punting duties back this week, or is he still being supplanted by the rook that kicked when he was inactive?  Got burned in my one punter-required league by Lee being active but only holding for field goals.

And it’s hard to get good punter newson fantasy sites.  Figure the Shark Pool can come through though!

6 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Not exactly a kicker question, but we don’t have a pinter thread here (for obvious reasons)...

Is Andy Lee expected to get the punting duties back this week, or is he still being supplanted by the rook that kicked when he was inactive?  Got burned in my one punter-required league by Lee being active but only holding for field goals.

And it’s hard to get good punter newson fantasy sites.  Figure the Shark Pool can come through though!

So kickers weren't boring enough alone so you decided to double it with punters?

• Laughing 1

8 hours ago, Arodin said:

I think a pint after a round of golf is the perfect way to hang out and settle the bets, and I would be a regular contributor on that thread.

;)

• Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Wouldn't just using punt distance averages be a good guide for who to roster?

That's part of it, but also points for pinning the ball in close, so the punter's offense factors into it as well as raw leg strength. 

It's kind of fun for a casual league, but I wouldnt want them in big money leagues.

Still nothing on Lee...Shark Pool letting me down.

• Like 1

Chargers K Mike Badgley (groin) is doubtful for the team's Week 6 matchup against the Steelers.

Chase McLaughlin made 2-of-3 field goals and his only extra point in his Week 5 debut.

SOURCE: Chargers on Twitter.

Oct 11, 2019, 3:36 PM ET

As my teams keep renting and deciding upon kickers like Elliott, Bryant, Fairbairn, Gould, and whomever else, how come Zane Gonzalez is rated top 4 moving forward? Is he a good kicker, does the team stall, what up with ARI? Is there something I am missing here?

10 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

As my teams keep renting and deciding upon kickers like Elliott, Bryant, Fairbairn, Gould, and whomever else, how come Zane Gonzalez is rated top 4 moving forward? Is he a good kicker, does the team stall, what up with ARI? Is there something I am missing here?

Move the ball yet woefully ineffective in the red zone through the first weeks of the season, including about four or five field goals against BAL.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Checking on kicker info on Matt Bryant, ATL. Got a roster alert he's been dropped by 5519 teams on Yahoo?

Currently have him as my starter. Don't know of any issues. That said, thinking of swapping him out for B. Maher @NYJ. 

Fear ATL falls behind AZ and ATL forced to go for TDs.

8 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Currently have him as my starter. Don't know of any issues. That said, thinking of swapping him out for B. Maher @NYJ. 

I love the way you're thinking, but I've watching AZ all year intently, and I can't see them putting anybody away. That's really my two cents, though, and could be wrong. Best of luck. 

20 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Checking on kicker info on Matt Bryant, ATL. Got a roster alert he's been dropped by 5519 teams on Yahoo?

10 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

I love the way you're thinking, but I've watching AZ all year intently, and I can't see them putting anybody away. That's really my two cents, though, and could be wrong. Best of luck. 

I am hearing ARI stalls near the redzone, therefore Gonzalez gets high marks. Perhaps this game allows for a lot of scoring opportunities and a FG fest? Maher is my next man up too. I don't know much about him. 

Just now, Team Smokin' said:

I am hearing ARI stalls near the redzone, therefore Gonzalez gets high marks. Perhaps this game allows for a lot of scoring opportunities and a FG fest? Maher is my next man up too. I don't know much about him. 

Quite possibly a game with a lot of FGs, but that's...who knows, really? Find a high scoring game or team and go with it.

As for Maher, he's missed a couple this year. Was a CFL kicker with around a 72-4% accuracy rating there. I was surprised Dallas signed him last year, though he performed well for the first 3/4 of the year last year. Now, I don't know. I'm a Jets homer and they stink, but they'll have Darnold back, which, while not like getting Mahomes back, is huge in comparison to what they were throwing out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

For you guys with Matt Bryant on Yahoo, I'm hearing they've corrected this and he's back to normal and being projected for points. Is that correct?

5 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

For you guys with Matt Bryant on Yahoo, I'm hearing they've corrected this and he's back to normal and being projected for points. Is that correct?

Boy Joe, Yahoo alert says 13,829 have dropped Bryant. That's what I am checking on. He's still projected for 8.57 points.

3 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

Boy Joe, Yahoo alert says 13,829 have dropped Bryant. That's what I am checking on. He's still projected for 8.57 points.

i think where this came from was Yahoo had him projected for zero points. And tons dropped him. Which triggered an alert. 

Then they came back and projected points for him.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1