What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Kicker (K) Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm currently going with J. Meyers of SEA in what should be a high scoring game in AZ without any weather.

Tempted by T. Long for obvious reasons. Is he any good?? He'll obviously get his chances and maybe the LAC will be slightly less efficient due to all kinds of injuries on offense. I'd be in full LAC load up though since I'm already starting Ekeler and K. Allen.

However, the weather could be an issue:

LAC @ MIA - 

Breezy day in MIA, winds should come in right around (or even over) 15mph sustained with gusts closer to 25mph. I do think we'll see some impacts to both the passing and kicking game. Putting this at ORNG for now, will lower to YLW if I see the wind forecast start to dip. Also a chance for a pop-up showers/storms, fairly typical of MIA there, likely won't know if we'll actually see rain until Sunday AM.
He's not good. Missed two kicks to cost them a game their second game. I have no idea whose roster spot is so invaluable that San Diego is going with their punter. It says something about their organization. Just stupid. Or cheap or something. I don't get it.

rockaction said:
He's not good. Missed two kicks to cost them a game their second game. I have no idea whose roster spot is so invaluable that San Diego is going with their punter. It says something about their organization. Just stupid. Or cheap or something. I don't get it.
Crazy, there must be a better kicker that was cut during preseason. Wind on the field shouldn't be a problem, and humidity is lower than it was during the Baltimore game. Only 70%, with a heat index in the low 90s. It would normally be a good start for the SD kicker. 

Long made a 39 yarder, but 5 yard delay made it a 44 yards, which he made. He was a PK in the CFL, so maybe it's not so crazy to not sign a replacement PK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gould was dropped in one of my leagues.  Picked him up for Slye.  16 team with a very shallow bench.  With the bye week passed I will not have to drop someone else in a couple weeks.

I got lazy and didn't. He didn't cost me this week but I think we're done for now.

Best two options I see out there are Lambo or Gay. I wonder if Lambo will have more opportunities for FG since Jax offense is decent but doesn't have as many weapons as TB has. 
Those are my top 2 options as well; I’ve held on to Fairbairn way too long and the HOU offense just doesn’t look like it’s gonna improve much.  I think I’m gonna aim for Gay first just because he’ll be kicking in a dome 

Those are my top 2 options as well; I’ve held on to Fairbairn way too long and the HOU offense just doesn’t look like it’s gonna improve much.  I think I’m gonna aim for Gay first just because he’ll be kicking in a dome 
Hasn't Gay missed three XPs and a chippy at the end of the Giants game this year alone?

Best two options I see out there are Lambo or Gay. I wonder if Lambo will have more opportunities for FG since Jax offense is decent but doesn't have as many weapons as TB has. 
Exactly the same situation I was in last week.  I dropped Bryant and went with Lambo for the exact reason you stated.  Good enough team to move the ball but not always good enough to score a TD.  

Hasn't Gay missed three XPs and a chippy at the end of the Giants game this year alone?
Sure, he’s not Mr Automatic, but at least he’s getting chances.  Fairbairn himself hasn’t done well with the shots he has gotten.  I’m sure I’ll pick wrong regardless and end up going on another anti-kicker tirade in this league’s group text like I do most weeks

I've checked this thread a couple times expecting a strong list of potential streaming PKs, guys in the 17-32 range and it doesn't seem to go that way. 

Anyone got a gem or two for the next several weeks?

well I drafted Elliot from Philly and he wasn't doing crap so I cut him,. picked up Zane on Ariz...hadn't missed a kick all year and WHAMO this week, missed 2.....awesome...

Matt Gay?   Chargers Kicker? hate this position.

*tap tap tap* is this thing on? 

Thinking about a K co test, but don’t wanna interrupt any important K news.  :unsure:

Shooting for week 5. So not this week which is week 4,  but next week. Because that’s week 5. 

Everyone still hates kickers right? Heck, one of my leagues removed them this year by nearly a unanimous vote.  :sadbanana:  So what better way to love Kickers than to pick one that’ll win you some hot sauce?   :excited:

So here we go with plenty of time for people to get in: the first 2019 officially unofficial FBG K contest! 

Rules are simple:

1. USA only - you can enter from anywhere, but I’ll only ship a prize to a US address. 

2. No edited posts. If you made a mistake, delete & repost. Edited posts are DQ’d.

3. In the event of a tie, the tiebreaker goes to the earliest timestamp. In other words, it won’t help you to duplicate someone else’s guess so best to take a second & check prior entries. 

4. Pick the kicker you believe will have the highest total score of week #5. Also guess the longest kick they’ll make. The closest to both metrics wins. 

5. Scoring is .1/1, so a 46 yard FG = 4.6 points.

6. Negative scoring for chip shots. MFG under 30 & MPAT = -1

7. Don’t forget to guess the long-distance for your K’s longest FG. 

there is is - pick your pony, tell us how many points they’ll score & what their long will be & if you’re the closest to the mark, you’ll win a 3-pack of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce,. It’s gourmet AF (as the kids say these days) 

good luck! 

:pickle:
Jason Myers (Seattle).

Long 47.

Scoring total prediction is not explicitly requested in the rules, but I recall being fussed at last year for not including one anyway (and HSG expects me to be a pedant by now):  14.2 pts.

well I drafted Elliot from Philly and he wasn't doing crap so I cut him,. picked up Zane on Ariz...hadn't missed a kick all year and WHAMO this week, missed 2.....awesome...

Matt Gay?   Chargers Kicker? hate this position.
Yeah after getting nothing from Lutz against Seattle I went with Gonzales and got nearly nothing and 2 missed kicks.   Back to Lutz (if I can get him for $1).

Chargers signing rookie Chase McLaughlin?
Rotoworld:

Chargers signed K Chase McLaughlin.

The Bolts have been using their punter to kick field goals and extra points the last couple of weeks while Michael Badgley (groin) has been rehabbing. But in true Chargers fashion, Badgley had a medical setback and isn't expected to return for weeks. McLaughlin is a rookie out of Illinois, who made all 79 of his extra points with a 75% field goal percentage in college.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Oct 1, 2019, 8:20 PM ET

I’m surprised there isn’t more love for Gay. He’s the top kicker so far. He should have plenty of opportunities each week. 

Chargers K Michael Badgley (groin) is still a "couple of weeks away" from a return.

Badgley had a setback in his rehab, so the Chargers were forced to sign a kicker off the streets in rookie Chase McLaughlin from Illinois. This situation is a perfect encapsulation of the Chargers' football brand -- questions on special teams and non-stop injuries.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Oct 1, 2019, 8:26 PM ET

I’m surprised there isn’t more love for Gay. He’s the top kicker so far. He should have plenty of opportunities each week. 
Picked Lambo over him mainly because of their bye weeks (7 vs. 10)...any edge to reduce thinking about kickers.

I believe Slye, Greg the Leg, and Lutz may have something to say about being the top kicker so far. But no question Gay has been solid.
Slye is tops in my league and was glad we dumped Bryant at the time. Did you end up keeping Slye? Huge leg, they trust his distance and seems like the perfect offense/defense combo for opps right now. 

Slye is tops in my league and was glad we dumped Bryant at the time. Did you end up keeping Slye? Huge leg, they trust his distance and seems like the perfect offense/defense combo for opps right now. 
Absolutely kept Slye, that was a strong call to move on from Bryant. :hifive:

Hope Slye holds up as he has so far.

Patriots' Stephen Gostkowski: Not spotted at practice

by RotoWire Staff
(43 mins ago) Gostkowski was not seen at the portion of Wednesday's practice open to the media, Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reports.

The veteran kicker is presumably dealing with an injury, though nothing of that nature was reported after Sunday's 16-10 divisional win over the Bills. The 35-year-old has dealt with uncharacteristic PAT issues this season, having missed four of 15 attempts through four contests, and an injury could serve to explain the cause behind those struggles.

The Pats job should be really valuable, but actually the Pats have been stomping their opponents so bad or hardly needing to score that Gostkowski wasn't really putting up that much the last 3 weeks.

I actually dropped Gost for Gould last night, funny to see he was placed on IR today. My league penalizes missed PATs so he had to go anyways.

I’m gonna go illogical here and opt for Gould over Lambo and Gay.  He plays MNF and my opponent doesn’t have anyone for that game; I like to have something to root for and have last player going 

Users who are viewing this thread