What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel 2015 - Week 3 (1 Viewer)

I was gonna try out one of the rookie contest on fan duel and looked at the entries..There is one guy who started last Wed and has 887 wins..Wow.. just wow

My Value Plays - Week 3

QB - Cam Newton - CAR - At Home (check) Against Saints (check) He's all they have (check) underpriced at $7,900 imo

QB - Nick Foles - STL $6,500 - Rams can usually throw the ball at home (see week 1). They will have some weapons back in the running game which will keep the play action pass in play. I think Nick throws 3 TDs on Sunday against PIT.

RB - I will skip James Starks, he is an obvious value play pending Lacy's status

RB - Danny Woodhead - SD $6,400- He will get touches, he is on a team that will give up points. He is one of the better lower cost options out there when you look for guys that have a high floor.

RB - David Johnson - ARI $6,000 - The guy is a dynamic talent. His touches are on the rise. His salary will be too.

WR - Tavon Austin - STL $5300 - See Foles description. Austin will be the beneficiary of many Foles targets on Sunday

WR - Stevie Johnson - SD $5900 - Still under priced

WR - Rishard Matthews MIA $5700 - Tannehill likes him, Defenses focusing more on Landry early on. Good value, high floor player in PPR

TE - Jared Cook - STL $5,400 - He's seeing a good amount of targets and I love how this game sets up for him. Will likely be playing from behind against a PIT D that doesn't fair well against good TEs. He finds the endzone this week

TE - Gavin Escobar - DAL $4,500 - If you want to punt TE, go here if Witten is out. Escobar will see some targets as well as red zone looks.

DST - None - It's hard for me not to play SEA in everything I have this week. We may be looking at a shutout here.

STEER CLEAR - Week 3

Here are a few picks that I think will be popular plays, but I'd be careful...

QB - Tom Brady NE - vs. JAX - That's right, I said it. Tom Freaking Brady. Look, I just don't see them having to throw it 35+ times again in this game against the Jags. I see alot of Lewis/Blount here.

RB - Le'Veon Bell PIT - vs. STL - I just can't get comfy with this yet. I think they ease him back this week a bit and get DWill a decent share (he's earned it). Just not worth the price... YET

WR - Jordan Matthews PHI vs. NYJ - Matthews had a disastrous game for the first 57 minutes against Dallas. Bailed out his owners in that final drive. This week he gets Reavis. No Thanks.

TE - Tyler Eifert CIN vs. BAL - This is more of a gut feeling. I just don't think Baltimore let's Eifert get rolling this week. Better options out there.

What do you got??
RE: Tom Brady. I disagree. Up two scores in the 4th on Sunday, they didnt have to use no-huddle shotgun formations, but they did. Until I see signs that Bellichick/Brady arent trying to run up the score, I'll be highly likely to consider Brady/Gronk.

Also, at the $5,300 point at WR, I Think I like Nate Washington better. A lot more targets so far, and almost as good a matchup.
I actually like Bortles as the better play. That NE defense sucks something awful, but no one is talking about it because the offense is clicking. Remember, despite Brady going crazy, the Bills had the ball with the chance to tie late. I realize Bortles isn't Brady, but he's not priced like Brady either.

Two cheap guys I like so far.

Michael Crabtree - Not sure if Haden will be on Crabtree or Cooper, but he's been underachieving so far anyhow. Crabtree has 24 targets on the season so far.

Cecil Shorts - 20 targets on the year, playing a bad defense at home and he costs $5,200.
Id be careful with Houstons passing game. Hopkins is averaging 12 targets a game, Shorts 10, and Washington 9.5. That is not sustainable for atleast 1 of those guys, especially when Foster is back

So playing around with the value charts I get the feeling Maurile and David Dodds may be a little high on a few guys. Im getting lineups projected to score 140

First crack:

QB Tom Brady 8700
RB James Starks 6500
RB Bilal Powell 5200
WR Julian Edelman 7700
WR Larry Fitzgerald 6700
WR Michael Crabtree 6000
TE Rob Gronkowski 8400
K Stephen Gostkowski 5000
D Seattle Seahawks 5300

It depends on the health of Lacy. First glance looks like a GPP, but may throw in cash as well. Brady seems to be the safest QB play right now, Edelman is getting the catches and Gronk is getting the TDs. I don't think this team lets up at all this year because of the deflategate and subsequent backlash of cheating.
I came up with this same lineup. I think it will be a common one.

I beat Joe (292nd), David (787th) & Sigmund (556th) in the Week 2 FBGFC Qualifier (Double Up). I finished 175th. Does anyone know how it works exactly? How do we confirm we are in?

Also, is there a better way to find out their finishes without having to scroll through the entire list?

I'm fairly new to playing on the DFS sites, but here's my first draft for week 3 for FD. Comments and suggestions are welcome; I'm a novice here but not at fantasy football in general.

Brady

Dion Lewis

David Johnson

Edleman

Julio

Moncrief

Eifert

Catanzaro

Seahawks

I'm not sold on Lewis as I tend to agree with a lot of other people that this seems like a Blount king of matchup, but he is getting a decent amount of looks and yards in the passing game. I could try to drop down on the RB's as well to add Gronk into the mix.

Until the Pats have injuries to Brady/Gronk/Edleman, I think they're just going to keep playing like they have the first two games.

I can't turn away from the Seahawks D this week as they have Chicago, without Cutler, at home, although I do see a lot of value in the Browns and Panthers this week. The Panthers did me right in week one, so I may go back to them on a lineup or two.

jeramiehieb said:
I beat Joe (292nd), David (787th) & Sigmund (556th) in the Week 2 FBGFC Qualifier (Double Up). I finished 175th. Does anyone know how it works exactly? How do we confirm we are in?

Also, is there a better way to find out their finishes without having to scroll through the entire list?
This is answered in the other thread but you will get a ticket in your account in a few days.

And no other way on Fanduel. They still don't have a search

Michael Crabtree - Not sure if Haden will be on Crabtree or Cooper, but he's been underachieving so far anyhow. Crabtree has 24 targets on the season so far.

Cecil Shorts - 20 targets on the year, playing a bad defense at home and he costs $5,200.
Id be careful with Houstons passing game. Hopkins is averaging 12 targets a game, Shorts 10, and Washington 9.5. That is not sustainable for atleast 1 of those guys, especially when Foster is back
I am going the other way with this line of thinking. The Houston passing game will get a reprieve now that defenses will likley be stacking the run against Foster. Should open things up even more. And against a Tampa team that got eaten up for four TDs by Marcus Mariotta?

I will be riding the Mallet/Hopkins stack in pretty much any GPP I enter. Came out looking like this:

Mallet

Lewis

Randle

Edelman

Julio

Hopkins

Kelce

Crosby

NYJ

My core lineup for the week

Palmer

Ivory

L. Murray

Sanders

Fitzgerald

A. Robinson

Graham

Bullock

Texans

I am having a hard time deciding if I wanna go WR heavy this week or not. As it stands this is my lone line up that I have pieced together.

Newton

Peterson

Charles

Thomas

Moncrief

Hurns

Olson

Folk

Atlanta

I find it very interesting how many people are on different guys this week. Week 1 it seemed that we had a few consensus must plays, (Ivory, McManus, etc.). Im not sure if thats due to the early pricing of week 1 or if its because we have 2 weeks worth of data that everyone is analyzing differently.

I havnt looked at the pricing but am determined to roll with palmer Antonio brown & fitzgerald. . figure out the rest from there

I think people are chasing points with Arizona. They're not the second coming of the greatest show on turf and with this being a divisional game against an opponent who knows them well, I see this as a potential week where Palmer and crew coming back to earth. I still like Fitz to get his, but I'm not expecting anywhere near what he did last week.

To me nothing screams "high floor" this week more than the Seattle and New England offenses.

using the interactive value chart came up with:

QB Tom Brady 8700

RB James Starks 6500

RB Shane Vereen 6100

WR Julian Edelman 7700

WR Steve Johnson 5900

WR Terrance Williams 6500

TE Rob Gronkowski 8400

K Brandon McManus 4900

D Seattle Seahawks 5300

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be the homer in me, but I dont think Starks is a great play. KC run D is much improved from last season. Pack play on MNF. I could see Lacy being a GTD and play. I think at that price point Randle and Freeman are the better plays. Especially with Coleman out.

I think people are chasing points with Arizona. They're not the second coming of the greatest show on turf and with this being a divisional game against an opponent who knows them well, I see this as a potential week where Palmer and crew coming back to earth. I still like Fitz to get his, but I'm not expecting anywhere near what he did last week.

To me nothing screams "high floor" this week more than the Seattle and New England offenses.
I'm on board with all of this. I have lots of Brady, Edelman, Gronk & Lynch sprinkled throughout my lineups.

I think John Brown is just as likely to have a big game as Fitz and he's cheaper.

One mid priced RB that I'm warming up to that nobody is talking about is J. Stewart. He's $6,500 and gets a home game against N.O. If Brees is out, then I like the Carolina D to dominate and result in lots of carries for Stewart. Last year he lit up the Saints late in the season and ran effectively against them earlier in the season. Carolina's gone against the Jags & Texans. They both look to be pretty good against the run. I don't think you can say the same thing about the Saints.

It may be the homer in me, but I dont think Starks is a great play. KC run D is much improved from last season. Pack play on MNF. I could see Lacy being a GTD and play. I think at that price point Randle and Freeman are the better plays. Especially with Coleman out.
didn't realize Coleman was out...thanks

Kinda new to fanduel and when to enter GPP or Cash.

Got this lineup in a GPP

Brady 8700
Lynch 8700
Gordon 6700
Julio 9000
A.Robinson 6600
N.Washington 5300
Eifert 5900
Brindza 4500
Car 4600

Any input?

Thanks

Got this lineup in a GPP

Brady 8700
Lynch 8700
Gordon 6700
Julio 9000
A.Robinson 6600
N.Washington 5300
Eifert 5900
Brindza 4500
Car 4600

Any input?

Thanks
I feel there are better and cheaper options than Gordon this week. Miller at home, Randle at home, for example. Like the Washington pick, but him and Gordon are probably your only low ownership % players. Might not be enough for a GPP.

Got this lineup in a GPP

Brady 8700
Lynch 8700
Gordon 6700
Julio 9000
A.Robinson 6600
N.Washington 5300
Eifert 5900
Brindza 4500
Car 4600

Any input?

Thanks
I feel there are better and cheaper options than Gordon this week. Miller at home, Randle at home, for example. Like the Washington pick, but him and Gordon are probably your only low ownership % players. Might not be enough for a GPP.
Speaking of cheap RB options this week, what about Lance Dunbar @ 4900 on FD rather than Randle?.

Cant decide between Woodhead and Stewart for a semi-cheap option at RB. Both have their positives this week.

Just set my first lineup of the week and came out with:

Brady $8700 - High OU, and I think the Pats are determined to absolutely beat down teams this year.

Lynch $8800 - At home against Jimmy Clausen will mean Seattle have the ball alot.

Powell $5200 - Has quietly got 24 carries and 9 targets in 2 games. Best value RB this week IMO

A Brown $9300 - About as much of a guarantee as you can get

Edelman $7700 - High OU and the chemistry between him and Brady means he's regularly targeted.

Moncrief $6000 - Is clearly Luck's best target right now, and as prices were released before Monday's game he is great value

Rudolph $5300 - Even with the Vikings misfiring he's been good and SD have given up TDs to both Ebron and Eifert in the last two games.

Folk $4600

Jets $4500 - Assuming Revis can go, the Jets D is elite and Philly are struggling.

According to the interactive value chart, this team scores an average of 129 points.

ClownDogs said:

Got this lineup in a GPP

Brady 8700

Lynch 8700

Gordon 6700

Julio 9000

A.Robinson 6600

N.Washington 5300

Eifert 5900

Brindza 4500

Car 4600

Any input?

Thanks
Don't like it because if Brady does any good, you will get beat by all the stacked Patriots teams. If he doesn't, you're trying to overcome QB.

Not really buying the David Johnson hype yet. Splash plays on special teams don't matter much here and I just don't know if the consistent carries are there. Workload is such a reliable predictor of production that it's probably the #1 thing I look for and if we can't yet trust Johnson in that category then I don't want him on my 50/50 teams just yet.

I feel like the prices are starting to get tougher now that we have a couple weeks of data to look at. There are fewer obvious steals to me this week than in the previous two. I may limit my investment in this week for that reason. As far as the backs go, I do feel like Doug Martin and Melvin Gordon offer pretty solid value at ~RB20 prices. I believe both guys will find the end zone a few times this season and that's really the only thing that has been holding them back thus far. The yardage output has been decent (not great).

I feel like Moncrief will be in A LOT of lineups at WR at just $6000. I also find it hard to pass on Jimmy Graham at $6300. An $800 drop in one week may be a bit of an overreaction for a guy with such an extensive track record of great production (albeit with a different franchise).

Just set my first lineup of the week and came out with:

Brady $8700 - High OU, and I think the Pats are determined to absolutely beat down teams this year.

Lynch $8800 - At home against Jimmy Clausen will mean Seattle have the ball alot.

Powell $5200 - Has quietly got 24 carries and 9 targets in 2 games. Best value RB this week IMO

A Brown $9300 - About as much of a guarantee as you can get

Edelman $7700 - High OU and the chemistry between him and Brady means he's regularly targeted.

Moncrief $6000 - Is clearly Luck's best target right now, and as prices were released before Monday's game he is great value

Rudolph $5300 - Even with the Vikings misfiring he's been good and SD have given up TDs to both Ebron and Eifert in the last two games.

Folk $4600

Jets $4500 - Assuming Revis can go, the Jets D is elite and Philly are struggling.

According to the interactive value chart, this team scores an average of 129 points.
I'm warming to Powell myself. At his price point a 4 catch game with 10 or so carries may well hit value without a TD.

The App/interactive chart are interesting this week. I've played around with very different lineups built around Brady, Bridgewater, Bortles, and Foles. All of them project to 131-134 at 50%. That tells me the either scores will be bunched or the FBG valuations are a little wonky.

Am I the only one that thinks Marshall is a must play if Decker is out? Moncrief also if Hilton misses a lot of practice this week.

Am I the only one that thinks Marshall is a must play if Decker is out? Moncrief also if Hilton misses a lot of practice this week.
Moncrief definitely, although as mentioned earlier by someone, there are probably a lot of people who will roster him this week. Marshall is a decent option if Decker is indeed out, but then again, the Eagles will focus on him more without Decker on the field. I'm not sold on him yet, but that's just my opinion.

Moncrief definitely, although as mentioned earlier by someone, there are probably a lot of people who will roster him this week. Marshall is a decent option if Decker is indeed out, but then again, the Eagles will focus on him more without Decker on the field. I'm not sold on him yet, but that's just my opinion.
Vontae Davis was on him until he left the game, but he did catch a few passes with Davis on him and got a PI call in the end zone. The Eagles don't have anyone as good as Vontae in their secondary b

Vontae Davis was on him until he left the game, but he did catch a few passes with Davis on him and got a PI call in the end zone. The Eagles don't have anyone as good as Vontae in their secondary b
There is a very real version of the game where the eagles are so ungodly bad again that Fitzmagic throws the ball 20-25 times, and Ivory and Powell each get 20-25 touches. Im planning on rostering him myself in a few lineups because I think even in that scenario he gets 7-10 targets, but its worth keeping in mind

The eagles probably arent as bad as they've been playing. I love Marshall this week, especially if Decker is out. Fitzpatrick has been known to force feed his top WR in the past.

I am going the other way with this line of thinking. The Houston passing game will get a reprieve now that defenses will likley be stacking the run against Foster. Should open things up even more. And against a Tampa team that got eaten up for four TDs by Marcus Mariotta?

I will be riding the Mallet/Hopkins stack in pretty much any GPP I enter. Came out looking like this:

Mallet

Lewis

Randle

Edelman

Julio

Hopkins

Kelce

Crosby

NYJ

I had the same duo with Mal & Hop but now Hop is concussed

For 50/50's that are starting Thursday I have settled in on this...I think...

Brady

Lynch

Woodhead

Fitz

Edelman

Robinson

Rudolph

J Brown

Seahawks

My sunday GPP right now is

Foles

Lynch

J Stewart

A Brown

D Thomas

J Brown

J Cook

N Folk

Cleveland

Brady

Lynch

Woodhead

Fitz

Edelman

Robinson

Rudolph

J Brown

Seahawks

Foles

Lynch

J Stewart

A Brown

D Thomas

J Brown

J Cook

N Folk

Cleveland
I would strongly consider ODB for your Thurs 50/50s. You will have to cut back some other positions, but he is going to be very highly owned I think because of the Thurs game and if he goes off you will have a steep hill to climb come Sunday.

Brady

Lynch

Woodhead

Fitz

Edelman

Robinson

Rudolph

J Brown

Seahawks

Foles

Lynch

J Stewart

A Brown

D Thomas

J Brown

J Cook

N Folk

Cleveland
I would strongly consider ODB for your Thurs 50/50s. You will have to cut back some other positions, but he is going to be very highly owned I think because of the Thurs game and if he goes off you will have a steep hill to climb come Sunday.
Hmmmm, I hate making big changes, but at a quick glance I could do this, but I wouldn't have a QB/WR Stack in the first two, but I could make it work in the other

Brady

Lynch

Woodhead

ODB

Fitz

Moncrief

Rudolph

J Brown

Cleveland

Brady

Powell

Woodhead

A Brown

ODB

Fitz

Rudolph

J Brown

NE

Or This

Palmer

Powell

Lynch

Fitz

ODB

B Marshall/Edelman

Rudolph

NE

Like any of those with ODB better than the original? Thanks.

Right, here are my current cash game lineups

Thursday:

Palmer, Freeman, Vereen, ODB, A Brown, J Brown, Reed, Gostkowski & Broncos

Winston, Lynch, Crowell, ODB, Marshall, Robinson, Reed, Lambo & Seahawks

Sunday:

Brady, Lynch, Powell, A Brown, Edelman, Moncrief, Rudolph, Folk & Jets

Bridgewater, Lewis, Sproles, A Brown, J Jones, Hurns, Gronk, Lambo & Cardinals

Foles, Bell, Crowell, A Brown, J Brown, Robinson, Eifert, Gostkowski & Seahawks

Brady

Lynch

Woodhead

Fitz

Edelman

Robinson

Rudolph

J Brown

Seahawks

Foles

Lynch

J Stewart

A Brown

D Thomas

J Brown

J Cook

N Folk

Cleveland
I think this has a lot of validity to it.

At the same time if he is a dud, he just lost an advantage by not passing him up. Its a damned if you do damned if you don't kind of thing.

At the same time if he is a dud, he just lost an advantage by not passing him up. Its a damned if you do damned if you don't kind of thing.
In a cash game that is not as big of a deal as in a tournament. In a cash game you just want to get in the upper half. If ODB goes off and you don't have him, that puts you at a big disadvantage due to his ownership. If he lays a dud and you have him, more than likely so do most others so it doesn't hurt as much. Just my .02

In a cash game that is not as big of a deal as in a tournament. In a cash game you just want to get in the upper half. If ODB goes off and you don't have him, that puts you at a big disadvantage due to his ownership. If he lays a dud and you have him, more than likely so do most others so it doesn't hurt as much. Just my .02
Exactly. And I am not sure I would be comfortable betting against OdB in a "must-win" game for the Giants that is a nationally televised game. Eli also has been chastised a bit this week, would not be surprised if he looks at his most reliable target often. Not saying he is going to go off necessarily but I think the potential reward for rostering him tonight is greater than the risk incurred from not including him. Just my 2 cents though.

Users who are viewing this thread