What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I miss Terry Glenn (1 Viewer)

McGarnicle

Footballguy
That guy was underrated imo. I'll never forget when he had 2 TD's vs. the Eagles, hard to believe that was 10 years ago. He helped me win my game that week. I ended up missing the playoffs though.

I do not miss him. That sucker lit me up every single time I played against him and then, of course, would go into complete hibernation until I played him again.

I do not miss Terry Glenn.

I drafted Ahman Green in the first round that year, that's what killed me. He got hurt and only played 5 games.

From 1998 to 2009, there were only six receivers with 5,000+ receiving yards and 15+ yards per reception. Three of them, (Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, Antonio Bryant), played for the 2003 Cowboys. It's a shame Dallas' backfield that year featured Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick.

(The other three receivers, in case anyone cares, were Randy Moss, Plaxico Burress, and Lee Evans.)

That guy was underrated imo. I'll never forget when he had 2 TD's vs. the Eagles, hard to believe that was 10 years ago. He helped me win my game that week. I ended up missing the playoffs though.
He's doing ok:

Glenn was promoted to offensive coordinator for the Texas Revolution of the Champions Indoor Football League on April 3, 2015

He's doing ok:

Glenn was promoted to offensive coordinator for the Texas Revolution of the Champions Indoor Football League on April 3, 2015
Still not in the HoF though. :thumbdown:

He's doing ok:

Still not in the HoF though. :thumbdown:
I don't think the Champions Indoor Football League has a Hall of Fame, but if they did...

The other day I reminisced about one of my first ever draft picks, Mike Alstott. In my other league that year it was James Stewart. A beautiful life indeed. Luckily I doubled down on Robert Smith in both leagues that year as my #2 and did ok as a rookie. To avoid a sophmore slump the next year, I went all in on the Rams greatest show on turf, overpaid at every turn, and almost won my first super bowl as a result. Blew half my budget on Faulk in one league, picked Warner in the first, as a QB, in the other.

Today I'm in this neanderthal league with no ppr, no decimal freakin' scoring even. TDs are just that much more valuable in this league and I was missing gold ol' Alstott.

Not good memories with this guy. Huge fan of his dating back to Ohio St., but just never got the chemistry right. He'd burn me when I drafted him and light me up when I didn't.

Maybe in another life, we'll make beautiful music together. But this one just wasn't meant to be.

Horrible news. He was my first favorite player as a kid. Always rooted for him even after he left the Pats. I believe he still has the record for targets as a rookie (Boldin broke his catch record). He obviously had his problems but it seemed like he matured eventually.

Edit to add: Went to a couple training camp sessions back in those days and he was always one of the last players there signing autographs.

Last edited by a moderator:
RIP. I remember being super high on Terry Glenn going into my first fantasy draft in '01, only to have him suspended the entire year from the Pats for toking doobs.

He was labeled a cancer and shipped off to Green Bay the next year where he did fairly well, and definitely finished strong on the Cowboys, having two banner years in his last two full years in the NFL.

Those were good days, NFL and fantasy wise. Still remember riding into the playoffs on the backs of the A-Train Anthony Thomas and the Colts' Dominic Rhodes, 3 1000 yard+ WRs in David "Ruptured Biceps" Boston, Willie Jackson, and Kevin Johnson, and two 3500+ yard QBs in Kerry Collins and Jeff Garcia. But it was really Vanderjagt who kept winning me games.

Users who are viewing this thread